• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol IMO there is no training for jeff. jeff is just jeff. once you hit CF, jeff only has the options that other CFs have, but getting first hits against that guy is really really tough.

anyway, i think the "keep hands in pocket" thing works well. the only thing is that my controller gets cold :(

i think you just have to play friendlies while you wait. ALSO KEEP VENUE TEMPERATURE UP, TAFOKINTS (you did it later but i was already in losers bracket by then :()

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
lol IMO there is no training for jeff. jeff is just jeff. once you hit CF, jeff only has the options that other CFs have, but getting first hits against that guy is really really tough.
was going to say the same thing. playing jeff is different than playing against falcon. he doesn't move or think like a "falcon player." applying generalizations against him is probably a bad thing

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
anyway, i think the "keep hands in pocket" thing works well. the only thing is that my controller gets cold :(
towel + hot water. Squeeze the moist out of the towel then wipe the controller with it.

Might WORK

though from the sound of it you didnt seem to have access to hot/warm water :/

:phone:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I have been warming up my hands by just spamming tech skill on a lvl 1/opponent for a bit. I just focus on doing tech skill and I get warmed up pretty quick. Usually only takes like 5 min.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Naka, I think that's ultimately the best solution. Warming up by playing is really good, and keeping my hands in my pockets will help them stay warm between matches. If it takes too long between matches, play a bit more before tournament.

CASE CLOSED.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
i can't get this ****ing set i had with m2k yesterday in tournament off my head. first game is close but i win by 1 stock. 2nd game i take a 2 stock lead and blow it; i end up losing last stock/last hit. 3rd game i get ***** by like 3 stocks. 4th game i jv3 stock him and do some sexy *** ****. 5th game i'm up 4 stocks to 2 on yoshi's and then i start dropping combos all over the place/playing like ****. it comes down to last stock/last hit and i drop a uthrow -> knee for the game and end up losing
Saw the last game on YouTube... you had it man =(

Walt

Smash Ace
Cold hands: flex your hands a lot. the muscle tension gets more effective blood flow than just moving your hands.

gogo almost being anemic and being cold as **** all the time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
johnny, best thread title ever

we got this

if i were lamer i'd propose that everyone goes normal color and we always use the "2012" tag LOL but I know hax likes his pink falcon and I'm getting used to blue

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i was just about to switch to marth, but **** now i gotta rep falcon

straight falcon it is

Nakamaru

Smash Master
One of these tournaments we should do a round robin style tournament on the side. Have a list of all the falcon mains, and you have to find them and play them throughout the weekend to play.

Then post the scores of each player.

I think it'd be pretty sweet.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Small question:

I'm having trouble against Marth. I have the spacing and mind games down until I start the combo, but I can never get any more than like 2 big hits in before I get ****ing parried. How do you avoid a parry when using moves that have a precise and single timing window? Normally I'll feign attacks to draw a parry but in a comboing situation I feel that feigning attacks the whole time defeats the purpose of the combo, especially if they call your bluff and don't parry.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
In smash there are very very few true combos that are more than 2 hits. So keep that in mind whenever you go for stuff. Especially with how good people are with DI these days.

A good way to start is to get the two hit combo then wait for the response/reaction. Then the next time you get them into that situation you choose an answer.

The bad way to do it (the way i do it) is after hitting them just run/jump/charge them and try to hit them with something else/the same thing. If it works YAY! If not well then you find out why while they take your stock.

D

Deleted member

it depends, if you have a video maybe we can point out where you are messing up/ not messing up

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah, videos will help a lot

if you mean parry by marth's downb, you can destroy marth if he's spamming it by just waiting and starting a knee knee knee combo or a charged dsmash/fsmash

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Or be brave and call counters with Falcon Punch, that outta show'em

Also there are plenty of opportunities to get true combos, you just have to be fast off a solid hit (admittedly fairly hard to get usually) and throw in good DI mixups (Knee is basically the best one there is haha)

Zhea

Smash Ace
I do this sometimes. I think I was just mad before though. I'm having trouble with consistency. I also hate losing to people less technical than me :glare:
I feel for ya, I am pretty much at this point, but I need to get over it because it is hubris. Of the people I play with ( with the exception of Kwan who got everyone into melee, dude is mad good and is part of the reason I play falcon ), I am the only one who practices tech skills on my own and of the matches I have played I definitely incorporate more of it into my play, but end up about 50/50 to 30/70 with most other people who play here.

One of the guys who I go 50/50 with comes from a brawl +/- background and does not dashdance/l-cancel and spams spot dodge, but has a much better mental and spacing game then I do and constantly punishes my over aggressive style.

I think at the moment my biggest weakness is despite how much tech I incorporate into my game, it's all a off, the knee didn't come out fast enough, I dash danced a little to close, I tried to wave dash to fast and ended up spot dodging. Hopefully this will improve with time. It's definitely frustrating, but it's also a poisonous mindset to have.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
yeah, videos will help a lot

if you mean parry by marth's downb, you can destroy marth if he's spamming it by just waiting and starting a knee knee knee combo or a charged dsmash/fsmash
I don't have any video recording capabilities right now :/ . Basically the kid I play a lot who Marth mains is not the greatest (really campy and fsmash spammy), and he sees the parry (downb) as the ultimate "reset button" in terms of my offensive momentum. While 3/5 times Ill punish the fool out of him (the fsmash is my favorite), but my aerial combos just really get gimped by his downb's huge timing window. I guess its just part of the MU

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
LOL DM Brandon was BUGGING **** on people playing SMASH BROS AT A SMASH TOURNAMENT

was ****ing hilarious.

he walks up to Hax and Jman like "Aziz this is your last warning. If its on again youre getting DQ'd ashUHEUAHEUAHFAUEHDUIEAGAUEHDIUAEHDI UAHIUHAEIMD HAEIOUDHIAEUFHM AEDHLAKERH AEMILRUAERADFAED"

I think I got 30~ matches of warmup before doubles...

D

Deleted member

I don't have any video recording capabilities right now :/ . Basically the kid I play a lot who Marth mains is not the greatest (really campy and fsmash spammy), and he sees the parry (downb) as the ultimate "reset button" in terms of my offensive momentum. While 3/5 times Ill punish the fool out of him (the fsmash is my favorite), but my aerial combos just really get gimped by his downb's huge timing window. I guess its just part of the MU

just don't hit him when he presses down-b lol then knee him in face 50 times

if he can mash down-b while you are comboing him you are either too slow

you can also bait it out then get a free hit

Scar

#HarveyDent
i agree with everything johnny said

and yeah in my experience dmbrandon is a jerk, and it seems to stem from an obliviousness of his own actions

Top Bottom