• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i am stalking megabus tickets like a hawk so i can buy them as soon as they go on sale. Hopefully life will stay nice and simple around that weekend so i can go. ^.^

I'll be going unless i can't come up with an excuse to why i should go. <3

Windrose

Smash Lord
Sweet. This is going to be fun.

Question for s2j:

-why did you counter pick bf against Armada? Why not yoshi or pokemon?

Twinkles

Smash Lord
How do I punish Fox's dash attack on shield? Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't shield grab him, grab just goes straight through him all the time =(

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Who else do you play Nakamaru?

Also, are you coming with Carroll and them to Athens on the 2nd? I really want to learn how the Falcon MU works.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Who else do you play Nakamaru?

Also, are you coming with Carroll and them to Athens on the 2nd? I really want to learn how the Falcon MU works.
I can go with carrol to that tournament. I'm itching for one recently anyway.

As for characters i also play: Marth, Falco, Fox, Link, Sheik, and i am learning Ganon. Who do you play?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I main Marth, play YL/DK/Mario/Luigi/Roy/Link/Ganondorf and some others to mess around.

Marth, YL and Luigi might be my best of that group, though. Ganondorf was my old main, but I don't play much of him these days.

D

Deleted member

Socal went up to a Norcal Tournament

Scar WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

===

i faced scar in a pretty epic bo5 set in winners and he ***** the **** out of me 5th match, he played ****ing amazing throughout the day and he ***** the **** out of me, oscar, dajuan, pewpewu, EVERYONE

==

also me and pewpewu ***** everyone in teams and some sets were sick as ****

==

i'd say personally, I need to get actual training buddies and try really hard to get better at the game now, probably westballz

Windrose

Smash Lord
Was jeff there too? :o

Scar is pretty good at falcon mirror match. He usually beat silent spectre too.

:phone:

leffen

Smash Champion
we'll we're lucky that doesn't count as a national aren't we you depressed bunch

just kidding, good stuff

edit: just realized that by definition the tournament Jeapie won was a national

lol.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Scar was on fire. He used his moves really efficiently and had some trademark IKM-worthy moments... sooo many runoff knees

D

Deleted member

today or tomorrow I will have a multi-part discussion and I want all your guys inputs! tell me honestly what you guys think on whatever questions i post i'll honestly answer also

doesn't have to be falcon players either

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
today or tomorrow I will have a multi-part discussion and I want all your guys inputs! tell me honestly what you guys think on whatever questions i post i'll honestly answer also

doesn't have to be falcon players either
Whoa discussion

Also during your set with Scar there was so much good stuff but some randomly uncheap things like not edgehogging, was any of this nerves or just not wanting to be cheesy as ***

There are times where I feel like it's safe to grab the ledge and force a reaction (airdodge or up-b) which I think you should do a little more often when they're just in range to sweetspot with jump but are too far to land on stage

D

Deleted member

i will be honest, me, dajuan, and pewpewu all ate a potent edible early in the day that hit me hard during singles

However, I was still in my opinion playing fairly good, but not at my peak, I'd say I played 85%-90% scar played AMAZING so don't take anything away from him

to directly answer your question, I was trying to d a weak dash-attack to catch the up-b so I can do something cool to edgeguard rather than just grab the edge. While I was able to pull it off almost every time in friendlies, I could barely do it when I played Scar for some reason so maybe it was nerves after all.

I am also a pretty stupid/stubborn player and wanted to do it until I get it but it just ends up in me missing even more edgeguards then I already do

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I thought those dash attacks were legit. Between singles and dubs from that tourny, I saw more falcon dash attacks than I've seen in 5+ years. And each time it surprised me and then i was like "that was actually hella smart"

D

Deleted member

i've been a believer of dash attacks for a while now i absolutely do think they are useful

Scar

#HarveyDent
johnny i stole them from you and used them against oscar after you used them like a ****in boss against me LOL

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I've been doing dash attack to edgeguard for years. It is **** when you hit it, but i feel so silly when i miss it I almost don't try for it again.

I'm not man enough for the edgeguard yet it seems.

D

Deleted member

watching the set i assume if they get hit by the weak part it will mess them up enough that they will mis-space up-b
, but scar never messed up up-b spacing pretty much

of course I can just weak dash attack --> grab edge and be a DOOSCHE

Top Bottom