• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

By Popular DEMAND: Bossy Biweekies SATURDAY the 19th (MELEE)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
i used to host these every other saturday....BUT...people wouldnt drive, melee community stared to suck D at driving for tournies, so there would only be like 15 people every tourney i hosted. i remember back in 07 when everyone would travel ****in hours for a tourney. having someone host a tourney a few hours away was amazing back then! NOW...people only wanna go down the street to smash, we'll see how saturday goes. if there is only like 12 people then once again im gonna stop hosting. Hopefully saturday goes well and I have a reason to continue to host tournies for the socal community. ESPECIALLY SAN DIEGO! Noone is SD hosts Melee tournies...SD better step the **** up...for reals

Lovage

Smash Hero
anyone wanna smash with us at pats house friday night for some great practice?!?!?

then can give me a ride in the morning, ill give gas $$$$

TheBOSS

Smash Lord

Kira-

Smash Champion
i used to host these every other saturday....BUT...people wouldnt drive, melee community stared to suck D at driving for tournies, so there would only be like 15 people every tourney i hosted. i remember back in 07 when everyone would travel ****in hours for a tourney. having someone host a tourney a few hours away was amazing back then! NOW...people only wanna go down the street to smash, we'll see how saturday goes. if there is only like 12 people then once again im gonna stop hosting. Hopefully saturday goes well and I have a reason to continue to host tournies for the socal community. ESPECIALLY SAN DIEGO! Noone is SD hosts Melee tournies...SD better step the **** up...for reals
yeah, people need to appreciate tournaments run by good people

i'll be there

fumi u better come...SD vs Irvine crew battle!!!
we would tap

edit - also i'm bringing a setup

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
I will do my best to show up. I will bring Jordan along and a set up too if we do go. It's up to Jordan though, hes the driver. If Jordan isn't down I might just run their... run the whole way their, I'll just listen to Falcon music as I run to keep me going. You are like 10 mins driving distance, lol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
ahh i got a teammate already sorry

went to go reserve one as soon as i knew the tourney was happening lol

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
easy drive from the boarder my friend. Take the 5 NORTH, exit on 76 East, Left on Guajome Lake Rd, R on Gooseberry, 5456 Gooseberry Way

Lovage

Smash Hero
ANYONE NEED A RIDE FROM 818 AREA?

im going to dunskies house (north hollywood) friday afternoon to play smash and then go to the tourny on saturday. he has a little condo at 5224 denny ave and a car that fits 4 (5 if we get some asians)

if you want a ride, talk to me on aim lingbling6, and then get to his house friday night for a MINI-SMASHFEST

dunskies super car
1. dunskies
2. lovage

Rickety

Peace and Love
Late bloomers?

Eep! No, not like that, Atlus! What I meant was, I see people posting saying that if there isn't a large San Diego turnout at this tournament, that they'll never go to another tournament here ever again!

Most of the veteran players don't check the boards too often anymore (ASP, Doodles, Azn_Lep, SA2Jeff, etc.), I usually end up calling lots of players to tell them about upcoming tournaments.

I don't know, I guess I'm just saying that San Diego isn't the crazy-large scene it was back in 2007, where you could throw spur-of-the-moment smashfests and next-day tournaments and get big turnouts. A lot of players need to be lured out of the woodwork for the smaller tournaments.

I just want all you cool people to keep coming to San Diego tournaments (Pat's House!), we San Diegans just need a little time to prepare for these things. Don't hate us, Connor! <3

Kira-

Smash Champion
The last Chula Vista melee tournament didn't even happen, and brawl had singles only. Not to take anything away from them (I loved the tournament right before the last one), but this is gonna be way more legit with just melee and boss has hosting experience.

not expecting a massive, full SD turnout but this should be fun regardless

Lovage

Smash Hero
well, azn_lep has a great reputation, because whenever he throws tournaments at school they get amazing turnouts, with tons of san diego players. definitely one of the best run tournament series i've ever been to. boss' biweeklies have been a lot of fun, but have never had the same san diego support as pat's tournaments. i think last time he had a biweekly it was 20 people from 818/805 area, and 5 people from san diego :/

so when the comminity half-jokingly says "this is san diego's last chance" we really just mean "this is boss' garage's last chance"

Kira-

Smash Champion
in all honestly i really dont get what the difference is. i doubt the venue really makes much of a difference, and tio is run the same way every time

i guess it's all just location location location

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
the fact of the matter is...is that this is literally the very first time i have ever held a tourney in competition with another SD Melee tourney on the same day...saying that, San Diego has continuously failed to show to 9/10 of my tournies; whereas you have all of Irvine and more coming to the majority of the tournies i host. Christ, even palmdale came to my last tourney! Also, in the past I have posted the next tourney date immideately upon the priors tourney finish, giving 2 weeks notice! And still...SD does not show, time and time again. It comes down to SD smashers WILL NOT drive to a tourney unless its in their backyard, and thats lame. The way to grow and improve at this game is with experience and with playing as many people as possible...hence...get to other tournies and play new peopleeeeeeeeee.

On a side note, BigJeff and the condo kids are supposed to be coming from sd tomorrow. San Marcos will be there, Oside of course, a few from Vista, and Some from Fallbrook. so SD county seems to be making an effort...kepp it up, we shall see tomorrow.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah, how certain is that... saying stuff like that is nice but then if other people go because they expect those people to go and those people end up flaking...

and smash community is full of flakes

Alpha014

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm pretty sure I'm going tomro. Is it cool if SDR and I get our venue fees waived if we bring a tv and a cube together?

Top Bottom