• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

By Popular DEMAND: Bossy Biweekies SATURDAY the 19th (MELEE)

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
**** my ride is gone. I just may actually run to your house to go. I would take my bike but It's gears have been kinda wonky latly. I am gonna try try try my hardest. Even if I do end up walking/running their.
I'll try and get Sean or MVC2 Kyle to go, and take me their in the process :]

Rickety

Peace and Love
so when the comminity half-jokingly says "this is san diego's last chance" we really just mean "this is boss' garage's last chance"
Ooh, okay, I see. I just wanted to make sure you guys wouldn't leave poor, little San Diego behind! It wouldn't be fun without you guys coming to the yearly Winter Pat Fest! <3

. . . In the past I have posted the next tourney date immideately upon the priors tourney finish, giving 2 weeks notice! And still...SD does not show, time and time again. It comes down to SD smashers WILL NOT drive to a tourney unless its in their backyard, and thats lame.
Yup, there's no denying it! I happily showed up to all the Bossy Biweeklies back in 2007, even though they took me about an hour to get to (fifty-five is the way to drive!), and they were always fun. But yeah, everyone in San Diego, myself included, kind of flaked for the entire Post-Brawl Melee biweeklies. It's cool seeing Josh/Lanstar, Leeland, SA2Jeff and others traveling more and more, too! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the San Diego scene continues to bounce back. :]

So, anyway, fingers crossed!

P.S. Falco is so hard to beat! Should I pick up Marth for that matchup, or tough it out with my (awful) Sheik?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
sheik does just as well v falco as marth does, despite popular opinions to da contrary. one of my favorite matchups

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm pretty sure I'm going tomro. Is it cool if SDR and I get our venue fees waived if we bring a tv and a cube together?
good ****, this tourney is a POST Arcadian tourney, trying to be as much as a follow up to that tourney as possible (minus the fact that a few ranked smashers wil be attending). the tourney is $10 total, venue fee built into that. the 2 bucks goes to momster seeing as though this is her house...BUT once i move to Long Beach (3 weeks) expect no venue fee then!

**** my ride is gone. I just may actually run to your house to go. I would take my bike but It's gears have been kinda wonky latly. I am gonna try try try my hardest. Even if I do end up walking/running their.
I'll try and get Sean or MVC2 Kyle to go, and take me their in the process :]
ur literally 10 minutes away lol, anyone coming from the 15 will have to pass by u...get a ride from them or worst case scenario ride that bike homie.

sheik does just as well v falco as marth does, despite popular opinions to da contrary. one of my favorite matchups
yea P's right. a good technical falco is hard on sheik, but if the sheik is really REALLY patient and waits for those grabs/gimps then its all good. I'd personally go marth though...one grab son..
I think I'll be making this. Anyone still wanna team?
RAPEEE. get sum

MaNg0

Smash Hero
dont think im going 2 this

last time i went 2 a boss tourney

15 people

LOL

<333 sorry zoo

D

Deleted member

I would like to team with Cameron someday

but can't tomorrow

I move in

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
21 singles entrants, 10 doubles teams

doubles

1. zhu + macd
2. lucky + kira
3. lovage + eddy
4. maple + pnoy
5. q&t + sk
5. boss + deth

singles
1. lucky (lost to kira in winners)
2. kira (lost to joey twice in grand finals)
3. lovage (lost to joey twice)
4. pnoy (lost to kira and lovage)
5. zhu (lost to pnoy and lovage)
5. macd (lost to boss and pnoy)
7. boss (lost to zhu and kira)
7. eddy (lost to pnoy and macd)

FUN TOURNY....ill let joey do the honors of telling everyone how i fuked him up. best fox dittos of my life...and it wasnt recorded...and no one watched LOL ****-lovage

Kira-

Smash Champion
thanks BOSS this **** was fun overall, really glad i came

joey and i also won in winners finals of teams, then lost twice in grand finals
we kept fighting the wrong ppl lol

lovage is soo good, i dont get why i had to play joey when oscar clearly won but w/e its all good. it was actually better that we didnt split cuz it was more fun

lovage is almost as good as eddy mexico got daym
pnoy also ***** pretty hard

jun - do what i told u lol it works if you practice it

the end

edit [not the end] - btw. macd and zhu get ***** after coming back from norcal. i wonder what that means..... HMM

D

Deleted member

sounded like a great tourney

shoulda moved in yesterday and came with u guys

Alpha014

Smash Rookie
Good tourney Boss, thanks for holding it.

LHG- Man, I got stage ***** again with Brinstar. Good job though and I hope I get to see you again.
Deth- Good job man, your Samus is bomb. I prolly should have just counter picked final again but oh well.
SDR- Good job dude, you just need some more practice against mid tiers.
Kira- Thanks for the advice, hopefully we can play more next tourney
Boss- Great tourney, thanks again.

Thanks to everyone I played in friendlies as well, it was a real fun tournament.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Haha fun time, especially with the neighbor/car shenanigans.

Boss - Thanks for having us again, the end of the tourney story times are always hilarious.
Pnoy - Dang Richard, you're too good now. Let's buy Scribblenauts son.
Alpha - Haha sorry man, Peach counterpick stages are super dirty. Hope to play you again.
Socal - Thanks for coming to support what little Melee scene SD has left.
Mexico Smashers - Thanks for coming up, you guys are super friendly and ****.

Chargers game is on, gotta watch it.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
seriously so cal is too good.

SK - as always we represented UCSD in teams
Kira - **** i got read like a book, i'll work on those rolls
Dunskies - you have a sick captain falcon dude, lets play again sometime
Jun - lol too close in doubles man
Boss - thanks for a good tourney dude
Zhu - what happened! it's cool you're still my falco hero

edit: and pnoy, good **** dude we gotta play more

Top Bottom