• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bushido Brawl Impact [Paris, France]

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Right now I honestly think Glutonny, Kaos, Leon, Greward and Mr R are our only "true" top level players with 7th - 13thish placing ppl @ Bushido being like semi-top (mainly LP, Staco, istudying, Calzorz, Gregs and BJay).
I don't think Greward is up there. I'm sure Kasper is.

LP, istud, calz, bjay are up there. Staco and Gregs (sorry) definitely aren't. Leon's marth is so offensive and fast, it's really amazing.

Also, about the GFs: Gluttony beat Ally at close range A LOT. He got a lot of bites and like 2 farts every match. Ally got a lot of grabs on gluttony. In the second set Ally started nade camping more instead of trying to beat gluttony at close range. Camping worked but he didn't do enough damage to make up for the juggles etc. Gluttony had on Ally.

Also, I took a match of Ally :D

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Also, Ramin's falcon is probably better than Ally's. Just look at their matches (and the friendly afterwards XD).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Interesting points of view. I'm glad that we finally have some results and matches to back up opinions on that. I honestly didn't expect you to be that objective about this especially in regards to Kasper being > Gregs

:059:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I wonder what Marcbri thinks of the UK now, after saying that Calzorz etc were **** on the livestream chat the other day LOLOLOLOL

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Honestly, no offence to many Falco mains, but Kasper brought a completely new style of Falco to the table, something I've never ever seen before. A new way of using lasers, of attacking and baiting, which makes Marcbri's and Gregs' playing look a bit surpassed (and I don't even want to talk about my 08' Falco). Most Falco players stick to their guns, but Kasper would use all the tricks in the book in a really creative and innovative way (constant wavebounce lasers for improved spacing, boost pivot grab to punish tech rolls after chaingrab to dair, agressive offstage presence, etc.). All the technical stuff most Falco mains are reluctant to even try and learn, probably because they think they're good enough without it, Kasper learned it and really applied it to his game. Of course, we all know about BluB, but I'd love to see if BluB performs as well against top players as I've seen Kasper do.

When we thought Falco was complete, Kasper really pushed the limits and pulled out something magic. For me he's the best in Europe. I hope videos of him were recorded at Bushido, so you can see for yourselves.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
To add something to KF's post: Kasper (who is better known as Jimmy) beat Ally in a match. I was told it was a two stock.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
****, I hope comes to BiB so I can meet him and see how BluB does in comparision.

:059:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Funny how greward isn't still respected as one of the best players in europe when he has never placed below top 5 lmao

Yeah Jumpman, I also expected some people would do better, I expected nexoult, mikel and raw to get to 17th at least and Joan, myself and neji to enter the top 16 but we'll do better next time.

About who the top players in europe are, in Spain we kinda beat each other, at the last tourney 1 week before bushido Rydle won, I placed second and Grew got third losing twice to me, I'd say those 3 and joan are all top players in europe >.>

About the best Falco, I don't really care, the last set I won in this tourney was with Marth actually, I used him vs Mikel's pikachu because I didn't want to risk the set, Kinda gay I had to play him that early though , it wasn't fun at all :/

Willz, Calzorz, kira, etc, are really good, you are not xD ( and I was not the one who said that, these last weeks a lot of people has been to my house, I don't recall saying that in the livestream) I still wanted to play them, but I had to play Mr.R instead, which I think he's the only player in the tourney I couldn't beat at all >____<, vs everyone else I have some chances but **** not vs him xD

edit: shoutouts and stuff later, fun tourney although some gay things happened ( rydle and joan not being 1st seeded was so stupid)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro>europe

seriously though, good **** on the LT event. 81 people is insane!!!!!

Yikarur

Smash Master
there is a small mistake in the OP, Zudenka didn't play Yoshi (at least he didn't play Yoshi only, he uses Peach everytime I saw a tournament match of him)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Gluttony's style seems too aggressive for him to fight DDDs.
Only one way to find out for sure lol. Somebody gotta travel over the Atlantic one way or another. I'd love to see him face either you or CO18 in a MM/tournament set. It'd be pretty awesome to say the least.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
Only one way to find out for sure lol. Somebody gotta travel over the Atlantic one way or another. I'd love to see him face either you or CO18 in a MM/tournament set. It'd be pretty awesome to say the least.
or they can wifi and lag shall be the judge
inb4judge namesearch

PB&J

Smash Hero
ally is still the man..good stuff europe. i dont play brawl but im always impressed with certain things brawl kids do.

ally- apex ..we will have fun and ill interview and stuff..food on me..raaaaaape

Top Bottom