• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bushido Brawl Impact [Paris, France]

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So, I fully expected Ally to win this, but I'm not "OMG" surprised to see Gluttony win. Since I follow the EU scene a little, I've known for a while now that Gluttony is a force to be reckoned with. I can't wait to watch though.

Also, US needs to get outta here with that EU sucks crap. If you cannot AT LEAST beat me in a set, please don't speak.

Falcon vs Wario is even or Falcon's adv, I'm just having the marth syndrome >.> TIRED OF THIS, CAN't WAIT WHEN I GET MY PRACtice this wEDNESDay till apex
I agree with this, but what's Marth syndrome?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What I'm saying is with different players results would of changed that's obvious right ?
It's funny when people still like to make claims that they're so sure of even right after upsets happen.

I'm sure none of the Floridians would have even been on your list of "great players" before their upsets happened. No one knows what would happen for sure.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's funny when people still like to make claims that they're so sure of even right after upsets happen.

I'm sure none of the Floridians would have even been on your list of "great players" before their upsets happened. No one knows what would happen for sure.
Not true, I actually knew about FL players since that epic *** gigabits live stream that went till like 7 in the morning. But whatever clever I guess my dood. Just keep making assumptions about me.

@pierced who said EU sucks?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not true, I actually knew about FL players since that epic *** gigabits live stream that went till like 7 in the morning. But whatever clever I guess my dood. Just keep making assumptions about me.
Alright, maybe I wasn't accurate about who was included in your claims, but you're still making claims nonetheless. You don't even go to tournies. =/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Alright, maybe I wasn't accurate about who was included in your claims, but you're still making claims nonetheless. You don't even go to tournies. =/
give me a ride pay my entry fee and I'd go to any tourney you want me to. Like honestly I play this game and when I get the chance / have the money I'll attend a tourney. I don't see why you still can't comprehend that. It's not a big deal about going to a tourney nor is it like I've never been to one. I just don't have the money or the transportation for a tourney so I don't go. If you're willing to provide me with both then my attendance will go up until then I'd advice you to stop worrying about my tourney attendance. Okay?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
give me a ride pay my entry fee and I'd go to any tourney you want me to. Like honestly I play this game and when I get the chance / have the money I'll attend a tourney. I don't see why you still can't comprehend that. It's not a big deal about going to a tourney nor is it like I've never been to one. I just don't have the money or the transportation for a tourney so I don't go. If you're willing to provide me with both then my attendance will go up until then I'd advice you to stop worrying about my tourney attendance. Okay?
It's usually $20 to play in one (singles and doubles), sometimes $5 venue fee, and you live in NEW JERSEY of all places. If you can't make it to a tournament there then I don't know what to say.

Whatever though.

/10whatevs

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It's usually $20 to play in one (singles and doubles), sometimes $5 venue fee, and you live in NEW JERSEY of all places. If you can't make it to a tournament there then I don't know what to say.

Whatever though.

/10whatevs

The tourneys are still an hour and a half away from me. So gas tourney fee + food at least 50 for a tourney. Can't forget about the cost of the turnpike. So like I said you want me to go to a tourney so badly. Put the money up otherwise you can be quiet about my tourney attendance.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The tourneys are still an hour and a half away from me. So gas tourney fee + food at least 50 for a tourney. Can't forget about the cost of the turnpike. So like I said you want me to go to a tourney so badly. Put the money up otherwise you can be quiet about my tourney attendance.
Like I said, I don't really care ma doo

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'll disagree with this. The lack of a good MK m2k, anti, atomsk, dojo, ksizzle, tryant, tearbear pretty much shows what it is. Then players like DEHF, ADHD, other great players who I can't remember would defintely change the results esam co18 seibrik nick riddle red halbered etc etc etc. I hope everyone gets my point. *shrugs* whatever clever I guess.
actuallyI don't get what you're trying to say here really
He's pretty much saying EU sucks. That's what I got out of it.
I LOL'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfSk-6tIvo

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
I'll disagree with this. The lack of a good MK m2k, anti, atomsk, dojo, ksizzle, tryant, tearbear pretty much shows what it is. Then players like DEHF, ADHD, other great players who I can't remember would defintely change the results esam co18 seibrik nick riddle red halbered etc etc etc. I hope everyone gets my point. *shrugs* whatever clever I guess.

by staco:

joanett (diddy) took a match of ally in pools as far as I know

jumpman (mk) and kasper (falco) each took a match of ally in brackets, kaos also took one

so just stop having that us > eu mood, because I dont see america beeing much better than europe after all

swordgard

Smash Hero
by staco:

joanett (diddy) took a match of ally in pools as far as I know

jumpman (mk) and kasper (falco) each took a match of ally in brackets, kaos also took one

so just stop having that us > eu mood, because I dont see america beeing much better than europe after all
Alot of players take matches off ally.

Now seriously ally get back in here, we need some express canadian training!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I got out of it that there are more top players in the US then there are in EU which I guess is agreeable since our smash community is bigger.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I got out of it that there are more top players in the US then there are in EU which I guess is agreeable since our smash community is bigger.
Right now I honestly think Glutonny, Kaos, Leon, Greward and Mr R are our only "true" top level players with 7th - 13thish placing ppl @ Bushido being like semi-top (mainly LP, Staco, istudying, Calzorz, Gregs and BJay).

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh you used TL agains l!nk then :]

Good ****

Do you know if Greward, Mr R, Luigi Player or istudy used their 2nd characters as well?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Kasper is amazing btw. For me he's probably the best Falco in Europe. I saw all of them at Bushido and most people I talked to agreed with me.

He just got completely bracket ***** by having Ally in winners and directly Mr. R in losers.

Kasper is amazing btw. For me he's probably the best Falco in Europe. I saw all of them at Bushido and most people I talked to agreed with me.
I've been saying this for a very long time. He is a superb player and I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I originally couldn't go at all, but then I could and it was too late to sort it out in a satisfying manner. =/

I didn't expect Ally to get anything less than first, although I did think some Europeans would be able to give him a hard time. Good job to Gluttony for beating one of the best players in the world! I was hoping for a stronger Dutch showing, but at this point in time France clearly is the dominant Brawl country.

Ally losing doesn't really prove anything other than that Europe isn't as bad as many Americans think. I have nothing but respect for Ally for coming all this way to visit us as no non-European top player has ever done that, be it for Melee or Brawl. I hope he can work it out financially despite losing, but he also took teams so it should be alright. :)

Wario is like the Melee Jigglypuff of Brawl. D:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Good **** to everyone, Europe ****ing *****. Glutonny da be$$!

Edit: rofl saw co18s post a few pages back after Ally won WF's, get ****ing wrecked USA scrub

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
@Gheb: After having housed LP for BBI and watched his performance, I honestly think he deserves to be called better than semipro. I should have counted the number of French players that went to see me during the tourney just to say stuff like
"****, LP is actually siiiiiicckkk". (Leon is included)

About the first post, Neath is French and Glarion also played Snake.

MJG

Smash Hero
WHAT

You are lucky...takes me about 3-4 hours just to get to a tourney D:

napZzz

Smash Hero
off topic but what are you talking about, learn to manage your money better

I go to out of state tourneys 3-9 hours away from me at different points in time (generally around 6) and I never spend more than 50-70$ max

TreK

Is "that guy"
Doesnt wario also have like some insane cg on falcon too? lol..
He has, but let me quote + translate Gluto when we told him about the CG :

"haha just like Wario needs an infinite to win, he's good enough, that's too much."

Gutsy basterd.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
People need the drama, playing europeans was way different as they are not as campy and much more aggressive, adapting to all of em was very hard, that explains my losses. Yes US have MORE top players, but the level is the same.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
More players means more outliers (AKA more top players). I think in the long run Europeans might have to start getting campier though as even Melee's metagame is becoming very gay. Defensive play is simply the best strategy no matter the fighting game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: After having housed LP for BBI and watched his performance, I honestly think he deserves to be called better than semipro. I should have counted the number of French players that went to see me during the tourney just to say stuff like
"****, LP is actually siiiiiicckkk". (Leon is included)

About the first post, Neath is French and Glarion also played Snake.
I absolutely agree regarding his skill but he doesn't have enough results (yet) to back it up. Then again I might just have too many expectations playing him almost every week.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Kitsune (France) did, he's a DonkeyKong mainer

Didn't pay attention if there was any other Bowser.

I also did CP Bowser against someone in pools to win a match because my Ness is so garbage now

Top Bottom