• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Browsing from your phone? Smashboards has a new Look

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Please, please add a link to the original site somewhere (if you did I didn't see it so please tell me where it is. >.>). I'm sure it works great for when I'm on Edge network for faster load times, but on 3G I've never had a problem loading. Plus my phone autofits and so I have to zoom in considerably to even see anything which I never had to do with the original. And then when I zoom, it autofits again so it probably isn't having the effect you want it to.

It looks great otherwise, but I don't want to HAVE to use this if I'm on my phone and have 3G. I'd like to be able to access the original site please. :)

Edit: also there does not appear to be anyway to subsribe to threads. Then again, I could just be missing it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is pretty nice! I don't browse from my Touch all that often, but this is pretty convenient for when I do. It makes scrolling down to the bottom of the main page (where the forums I tend to frequent are) a whole lot easier, for one, and the resized posts makes browsing through threads a lot easier.

Thank you!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Is there anyway to change it back? I come here on my phone more than my computer and it resizes everything automatically, and i have the option of whether of not i want pictures to appear already. I don't like this new layout for my phone.

Basically what Ladybug said.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been able to test it out yet, but still... THANK. YOU. This should make browsing from my phone, which I do quite frequently in the mornings, a lot easier. :D

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
please add the option to alternate between mobile and desktop layouts
the desktop layout is still easier for me

piZ

Smash Journeyman
I've actually got the opposite concern here.. Looks great but would you be able to add an option to use the mobile skin from a non mobile device? My mobile browser loads pages as if it was in firefox and I can't find a way around it.. Maybe add it in as a default skin? Smashboards Lite or something.. Thanks!

Conti

Smash Ace
Yea looks great... always browsing on my samsung monent (android).... fits my screen fine... a link to fullsite like the 2nd post wrote is a goodidea (just like how facebook n myspace have that option)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Looks much better. I had a good amount of trouble navigating it from my phone before.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I've never had any problems on the itouch, but is very easy to use. Suggestion: Make different styles like Smash Blue Mobile

Smash Journeyman
Hooray! It's about time!

I'm checking this out right now.

Arsage0

Smash Rookie
The new look to the website is working great for me.

But I don't like how the thing that tells you if someone is logged in is missing. I would like to have that added.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Definitely need this to be an option rather than automatic... my hero worked perfectly before, and now I have to zoom in constantly... can you make a default mobile skin linked to your profile, with "none" as one of the options? Leaves room for future mobile skins too

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Yah it's great But I don't know how to find which friends are online

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that its not working on my phone. If it is, I can't tell the difference between the regular site. I have a WebOS device (Palm Pre). There is no hardware reason for this not to work, the specs of the Pre rival that of the iPhone.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
looks nice. too bad I don't have a touch device. >_>

would love to see a new skin for SWF besides the 3 we have now.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
We'll work on adding an opt-out system hopefully by this time next week. In the mean time, I'll work on other suggestions this weekend.

Noa.

Smash Master
I've been using my itouch for browsing this site for a while, and adding this mobile version helps a lot. Thanks.

Kisses

Smash Cadet
Looks great on my ipod touch. Makes it a lot faster and a better layout. Thanks very much!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Very cool. :) Just got on my iTouch, and I love the new look of the site. Thanks very much.

Roxas M

Smash Master
it works on my psp as well. o_O

but yeah, i do prefer the old smash blue skin that i had before.
(my screen is kinda messed up and the new lay-out makes it so that i can't see the posts in threads fully.:()

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Sweet! I'll jump on once I figure out how I can connect with my phone...

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
For those that want to opt out, Kirby King updated the announcement here with instructions on how to do so.

Kirby King said:
We've added an option to the User CP to let you disable the mobile style, if you prefer. Check User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Smash Boards Mobile, and check the box if you'd rather use the full version of SWF on the go.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
yea i noticed it this morning.... how do i go back to regular

edit: nvm read the post saying how to turn it off, might want to put it in the op tho

Top Bottom