• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Browsing from your phone? Smashboards has a new Look

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Any solutions on why it wont work on dsi? my pc is down and i dontt have a phone :(
I browse the internet with my DSi very frequently. Most sites that have an automatic mobile version display the regular one; MySpace and Facebook seem to be the exception.
I'm not sure if much can be done about it. :|

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I've been using it for a week now (using it now actually) and I don't have any problems, it works great =]

haha actually I just went advanced by accident and the text box extends past the frame. Just a lil glitch.

I'm on third gen itouch btw

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I browse the internet with my DSi very frequently. Most sites that have an automatic mobile version display the regular one; MySpace and Facebook seem to be the exception.
I'm not sure if much can be done about it. :|
Rats :( Now ill have to wait 5 generations for it to load :(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yes thank you. Now to look and see if the TEXT BOX IS WORKING ON MY PHONE AGAIN!!!:mad:

EDIT: The box seems to be working. I will spare your life... for now.

BUT NOW IT LOADS EVEN SLOWER!!! :mad:

DJRome

Smash Hero
can you guys take out the "unsubscribe" from the user control panel? i clicked that today instead of the last page and it's really annoying

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
For smaller phones like the Rumor, ones that don't have a full-fledged mobile browser (safari, opera, webOS), I wouldn't expect this new skin to change much. Even the most basic forum features aren't that easy to run on those types of phones. This skin is aimed at iphone-like devices with full-sized screens 480x320 or higher.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
my only complaint is the lack of a directory at the top (smash world forums > category > forum > thread. other than that i love it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
After I switched it to standard, the page numbers and "last page" vanished from the thread titles. I'm not sure if it's just me, but you might want to look into it. I was using PSP.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
I love the new mobile site. I had no idea so many other people used their phones to go on Smashboards. Before, serfing and typing was slow and Youtube links never worked. Now that RIM updated the phone to handle Youtube better and especially now that the site is mobile friendly I will be using my phone to go on Smashboards all the time. I am right now =).

Hint for blackberry storm users: when browsing the new site make sure to have it set to column view for a much neater layout. It us one of the options after pressing the BB button.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Is there a way to subscribe to threads via mobile? TONS of times I accidently press unsubscribe in my UserCP.

RandomThundah

Smash Rookie
I wpuld much rather view the site through the desktop ver of the site. Lots of things are harder or takes longer to view through the mobile ver

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
It was posted above but there really needs to be an option for subscribing to threads via phone. Unsubscribing by accident is really frustrating. :/

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The unsubscribe button should be in a new position. Maybe off to the right of the thread in the CP.

Also when viewing threads I dont recall seeing a button to subscribe to it, unless you auto subscribe when posting.

Its not max efficient, but it would be nice to have an option that shows post count/sigs. Sometimes "new" accounts say some ****, and from a mobile join dates and post counts can help you determine if its a troll or a stupid person.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to turn this on manually? The wii can read normal websites, and such is why the normal forum is displayed, but Mobile-Friendly websites are still a lot, lot better on the wii, especially in the second mode.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The look on the phone when looking up Smashboards is pretty cool when it has most of the characters.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ah, gotcha.

I'm not very webspace savvy, nor have any idea what goes on behind the scenes here (data wise).

But I can understand it being pricey for those who don't have a unlimited text plan, or something on your end.

But thanks for the feedback.

-VEGA-

Smash Rookie
I wouldnt really bother going to any site on a mobile phone because obviously it doesnt function the same way as you do on a normal computer.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I wouldnt really bother going to any site on a mobile phone because obviously it doesnt function the same way as you do on a normal computer.
obviously you don't know what ur talking about.

you have almost full access in the mobile view. works fine, if you have the right device. its not designed for small screen flip phones.

fyi I watched the live steam from gsg on my phone. todays devices arecapable of using the internet

Top Bottom