• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Give him no auto-snap. I know you can remove it now with PSA. >_>
This. There is no excuse.

With no auto snap, at least it would take good spacing to recover, and if you thought someone was going for the edgehog, you could simply fly over them and hit them with your unpunishability.

He doesn't even need no freefall after up B. My CPUs use up B, and they can travel along the ground very fast with it simply by angling it into the ground. Looks like they have more imagination than whoever thought up the up B changes, finding a use with it instead of just buffing it beyond reasonability, not to mention leaving in the auto snap gameplay flaw Brawl+ was meant to destroy.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
personally, i think toon link's upsmash is kinda overpowered. Not necessarily as far as KO power is concerned, but in terms of unpunishability...with the increased shieldstun, it's all but safe on block, and it can combo into itself 3-4 times from 0, even on lighter characters. I think the endlag could stand to be increased a little bit, possibly in exchange for a buff somewhere else.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
personally, i think toon link's upsmash is kinda overpowered. Not necessarily as far as KO power is concerned, but in terms of unpunishability...with the increased shieldstun, it's all but safe on block, and it can combo into itself 3-4 times from 0, even on lighter characters. I think the endlag could stand to be increased a little bit, possibly in exchange for a buff somewhere else.
I think it has enough startup to get predictable fast, even if it is hard to punish. It is pretty annoying how there are still moves that combo into themselves so well, however.

shanus

Smash Hero
This. There is no excuse.

With no auto snap, at least it would take good spacing to recover, and if you thought someone was going for the edgehog, you could simply fly over them and hit them with your unpunishability.

He doesn't even need no freefall after up B. My CPUs use up B, and they can travel along the ground very fast with it simply by angling it into the ground. Looks like they have more imagination than whoever thought up the up B changes, finding a use with it instead of just buffing it beyond reasonability, not to mention leaving in the auto snap gameplay flaw Brawl+ was meant to destroy.
If you read on the previous page that I support giving it no autosnap there would be no reason to act like such a hot shot.

You do know that camelot found out about the ledgegrab PSA mechanic only a few days before we released the set right? It was a little too late to go dumping in something that could not receive almost any testing.

Quit being an ***, especially when you don't even know whats going on. Your posts are getting significantly less enjoyable to read as they get significantly more whiney.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Hay does anyone know where I can find good folders for texture hax.
What I mean is, do you have a folder for certain characters that is really good and wouldn't mind sending to me.

ex. go to fighter-captin falcon and send me that folder

Also can someone direct me to a place that shows me how to alter music

Thanks

Rudra

Smash Ace
Hay does anyone know where I can find good folders for texture hax.
What I mean is, do you have a folder for certain characters that is really good and wouldn't mind sending to me.

ex. go to fighter-captin falcon and send me that folder

Also can someone direct me to a place that shows me how to alter music

Thanks

I dont really have many textures, but in regards to Custom music, these threads should help:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245176
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241578
:005:

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
ideal buffer depends per person.

i havent played in about 6 months, and (off the top of my head) sonics spring jump seems shorter & tl's d smash doesnt trap for 2nd hit. why? i havent played this build nor any recent ones much and am not insulting you, simply curious.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you need the pac files as well. just use the autoupdater D: or the updatifier.

And btw, did you guys make Marth's short hop higher in a patch or something? Because for some reason it's a lot easier to SHDF with marth now O_O, in fact, he can short hop fair into any of his other aerials..

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Uh...I've always been able to short-hop double Fair? We didn't release a patch?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well I can too (only one way because my fingers are ********) but, it seemed easier for some reason. O_o like, I could short hop fair dair...

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think it has enough startup to get predictable fast, even if it is hard to punish. It is pretty annoying how there are still moves that combo into themselves so well, however.
If people don't like the multiple chained moves (I don't blame them) then an increase in I think Scaling KB should be added so they get out of reach faster thus not chaining into themselves.

I still feel that this is a problem on the whole for many moves. Not the fact that they chain into themselves (cause that isn't what I'm referring too) its the fact that moves keep them closer longer which does two things:

Makes comboing into other moves easier
Gives more chances on failed combos (ie weak moves and highish hitstun might increase stomp to knee combo by 20% as an example)

Especially since hitstun is on the high side, you want to have moves get stronger faster so that way there is more RPS moments to continue combos. Just something to think about while playing

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I agree with kupo. Personally, I would prefer:

higher hitlag (aroud 75 - 80% as opposed to 60%)
lower hitstun
more scaling knockback (I'm looking at you, ness fair)

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
id really like to know why lucas seems to be badass in my friends spoons hands... them ol' reliable, anything-into upsmashes suck! lol this game goes great with jpanese soundpacks ;-)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
oh ****, i completely support having the scaling become more compact.

It would effect kill percents, lowering them universally, all the while making multi combos for single moves less potent And lowering the window for stagnation in combo games! no longer would you see falcon go * > knee all the time, and, rather, * > knee only a certain period of time. same would be said for squirtleknight, who, with such similarity in all his aerial KB, gains a lot from having such a huge middle road scaling as we have presently.

i'd personally be fine with a place between melee and brawl, but brawl's scaling is just not steep enough. there's a huge disparity between KB and KBG because of it, and the whole platform this creates takes away from the pace of the game, i think. watch any fight featuring a good squirtle, a moderate falcon, or a kirby (of any skill lvl) and you'll see what we're talking about.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey guys, since DDD and the pokes can be edited with PSA now, can we ditch the throw modifier code and just edit their pac files? It would also remove the whole Final smash freezing glitch appearantly. Unless I'm wrong about what the throw modifier does.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hey guys, since DDD and the pokes can be edited with PSA now, can we ditch the throw modifier code and just edit their pac files? It would also remove the whole Final smash freezing glitch appearantly. Unless I'm wrong about what the throw modifier does.
on this note, what is the 'fix' that lets them be editable? can i get a link to it?

yes

Smash Rookie
NNID
smokio
3DS FC
0989-1886-7815
Just pointing this out: Captain Falcon's final smash is glitched. When you use it successfully, Falcon will run the players over in the Blue Falcon, but the game will crash just before it returns to normal gameplay.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
bug report: fairing with snake turns tap jump on if you have it normally set to off. I know it goes back off if you touch ground, but im not sure about getting hit or grabbing an edge, but i would assume no for the former and yes for the latter.

yes: yes, we already know. it also happens with meta knight, shiek, and zelda. b+ isn't very final smash-friendly

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
this is in regards to lucario recovery.

its kinda stupid to not have him go into free fall while almost everyone else does. there is no reason his recovery which was never the worst should get the buff it did it should just get a hitbox so its more fair to lucario's but giving him no free-fall just makes no sense. I don't want to hear how taking away free-fall would hurt his meta game b/c its a buff that he should never of had in the 1st place. I am not the only one who thinks this i am friends with a lucario main who thinks that all he needs recovery wise is a hitbox.

no flame shield b/c i am right

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Will anything be done to Luigi's down b or is it being looked at? Right now it seems ridiculous that his tornado gives him the recovery height of some characters double jump and up b while he is off stage. And the fact it doesn't put him into freefall animation just compounds this fact.

Luigi already has solid priority, moves, speed, and a projectile on stage. The height of his tornado as it is now just makes using his up b pointless.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I have a question. Will anything be done to Luigi's down b or is it being looked at? Right now it seems ridiculous that his tornado gives him the recovery height of some characters double jump and up b while he is off stage. And the fact it doesn't put him into freefall animation just compounds this fact.

Luigi already has solid priority, moves, speed, and a projectile on stage. The height of his tornado as it is now just makes using his up b pointless.
I sort of agree, but his recovery's still pretty predictable.

this is in regards to lucario recovery.

its kinda stupid to not have him go into free fall while almost everyone else does. there is no reason his recovery which was never the worst should get the buff it did it should just get a hitbox so its more fair to lucario's but giving him no free-fall just makes no sense. I don't want to hear how taking away free-fall would hurt his meta game b/c its a buff that he should never of had in the 1st place. I am not the only one who thinks this i am friends with a lucario main who thinks that all he needs recovery wise is a hitbox.

no flame shield b/c i am right
There are quite a few posts in this thread on this just a few pages back....really, just make him not autosnap and it probably going to be fine imo. Why take away something thats been around for so long? Especially on a character who's nowhere near overpowering without it?

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
So, has anyone tried TheCape's build yet?
He's done an AMAZING job balancing Brawl+ entirely as a whole.
He's gone to tournament players for insight AND has worked side by side with them to make sure everything balances out.

Especially on the BS RC1 autocombos, In Capes build it's about mixups tech chases, mindgames, all the things melee is and what RC1 lacks. I would definitely recommend giving it a try WBR, if you haven't already. Talk about initiative.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
He's gone to tournament players for insight AND has worked side by side with them to make sure everything balances out.

Especially on the BS RC1 autocombos, In Capes build it's about mixups tech chases, mindgames, all the things melee is and what RC1 lacks. I would definitely recommend giving it a try WBR, if you haven't already. Talk about initiative.
yea, I tried it. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Everyone I've shown it to has enjoyed it way more than RC1. gj cape!

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
can we get any details on this otehr than 'ITS AWESOME!!!!!1!!!one!!11!!'
I'm sure Cape can explain it better than I can, but here's the general breakdown

- Less overall histun: this serves to eliminate cases of silly autocombos
- No air dodge out of tumble: I'm sure most people are familiar with what this does, seeing as how it was already featured in a Brawl+ set before.
- Slightly less shieldstun: there is still enough shield stun to allow shield pressuring and dissuade shield campers, but it was tweaked so that there aren't nearly as many attacks that are completely and utterly safe on shield.
- No auto jabs: Pretty obvious why this was put in here. Holding A to do your jab combo (or just keep punching the air till you hit something) was an extremely stupid design by Sakurai that never should have been added.
- Return of the Brawl Stale Moves System...WITH A TWIST!: Instead of the maximum power of a completely stale move being 25% of its original power, this set makes the maximum power of a stale move be 75% of its original power. Also, instead of a 10 move queue, I believe the queue was reduced to about 5 or 4 moves, making the stale moves system not nearly as noticeable as it was in Brawl, and it actually fairly reminiscent of Melee. It can also aid in comboing if you're smart with it.
- Character balance changes: Characters have been changed to give an overall sense of balance. To give you an idea of what Cape's done, Falco changes are as follows:

~reduced range on jab1, making it less useful for jab -> grabs, while still retaining its general usefulness.
~reduced hitbox on Phantasm and 1% less damage, to make intercepting careless Phantasms more easily.
~dthrow angle changed significantly. It will now serve as a tech throw even with the best DI. Is now slightly reminiscent of Dedede's dthrow. This serves to eliminate EZ combos off of his dthrow and prevents it from being his bnb throw, while keeping it useful by rewarding smart tech reads off of it.
~uthrow's BKB decreased, which leads into
~all 'laser' throws (dthrow, uthrow, and bthrow) not longer have the lasers stun, effectively making them like Fox's laser throws. While this has no effect on dthrow as a whole, this along with the uthrow BKB changes makes the uthrow his 'combo throw'. The difference between this and his all-purpose dthrow is that follow-ups can be vastly different depending on DI. Some follow ups will completely not work at certain DIs that would be possible for others. And if you DI the wrong way, dthrow becomes more effective. In essance, it gives Falco a throw mixup game (one that was added to alot of other characters as well).
~increased ALR on moves: Falco's in particular are now only a bit faster than his vBrawl endlags, allowing for punishability on careless aerial approaches (and rewarding nair users in particular for autocanceling the move).

That's about it. I have yet to play the completed set, but the two betas that I've tried out (the only thing missing from the 2nd beta were certain ALRs, but was otherwise complete) were completely wonderful. I felt a sense of accomplishment every time I comboed, rather than just being jab -> dthrow -> ****. This set is leagues above and beyond better than the RC1 build, and I hope you take this set into alot of consideration during the next update.

For anyone who hasn't played it, do it. I promise it won't disappoint.

Rikana

Smash Champion

May I get a link? I'd love to try it out.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Can you link, please? I'm too lazy to use my absolute favorite thing on this board, the search button.

And also, about the higher ALR: I've made a set of pacs with melee l-cancelled like lag. Maybe he'd like to see it? I think it's pretty sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom