• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Stage Legality Discussion: Brawl+ 7.0 Gold Discussion (Go Discuss Everything!)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
don't worry maestro, the tree only bounces if a butterfree is on it

and since items are disabled and butterfree doesn't even, it's okay

hands off the panda btw

just saying~

<_< hand us teh download

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
comments about the new mansion...

I would like it better if the bottom half was permanent, and the top half was always gone....

and then the platform you can normally tech on is good the way it is now: able to be passed through.

Also, the tree on the grass transformation of PS1 does NOT bounce..the tree that bounces is on Onett.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
non-bouncy tree is fine imo. a platform is still a platform.

as for NPC, i'm going to take another look at the pac. they may have set it up in a different way, so i need to check.

i'm also having a problem deciding on where spawn points should be for Summit+ (spawning on the left platform causes it to fall before the match starts, but spawning above it makes PT t-pose). would two people on the bottom, one on the top and one on the right be ok?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It works fine Maestro, only problem i found is that you can't roll of the new, improved platforms into the center, or from the center to the platforms.
EDIT: I'm talking about the new Mansion xD
@Sage:
They broke the mansion once and decided just to slow it down because you can't complete an event if it breaks(any part of it)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
so, yeah, NPC is messed up. none of those platforms have any bones. for now, i'm not going to worry about it. i will, however, take a look at the new mansion and see if i can't fix that platform issue.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I know how they changed Mansion, Valtrox....I've been here since June....

I'm just saying that I would IMO think it would be cooler if the top was permanently broken (in other words, the new "top" would be the platform in between the two floors; the one that is now go-through) and the bottom permanently there, kinda like Skyworld +. I never said that it's possible or not XD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
let me look at something and get back to you on that idea. i'm not 100% on how the bones work for those so it could be a simple process or stupidly difficult.

also, opinions on SUmmit+ spawn points?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
For summit points, it would probably best if there were 2 on the bottom, one of the right (on that right platform), and one on the top platform. Which is your idea.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I know, you have been here for a long time Sage, I understand what you are trying to say but the thing is that they probably won't do it because of the event where you cant let the CPU destroy the mansion. Still, the one without solid platforms works great, just gotta fix the little issue of rolling from the platform to the center and the other way around

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If it's not possible, I'm fine with it the way it is now. What do you mean, "where you can't let the CPU destroy the mansion" ?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
actually, regarding the mansion, i may have fixed it so you can't lose that event... let me test real quick.

its a sloppy fix, but if you don't look too hard it should work.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well, I still like the new mansion more xD, when you guys fix the platforms it will be one of the best stages out there. I loved Luigi's Mansion, had to ban it because of the platforms, and now I can play a GREAT Mansion with almost no changes.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Upon further examination on Mansion, there are still no other issues. What weems to be causing the problem is that the platforms are not together, when you come running, the character also stops, as if the are entirely two different platforms

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Upon further examination on Mansion, there are still no other issues. What weems to be causing the problem is that the platforms are not together, when you come running, the character also stops, as if the are entirely two different platforms
this is the kind of testing i need

buuuuut i found a small error myself

it only occurs during thr rebuilding

im fixing it now

EDIT: thanks to Valtrox, you all have this:

(click the picture)

D

Deleted member

drpepper, have all those parts already been removed from NPC or is that just what's planned?
I'm not a programmer. Somebody asked for ideas on NPC+ and I threw mine out there. Theres also one other idea by Shadic I think.

I know, you have been here for a long time Sage, I understand what you are trying to say but the thing is that they probably won't do it because of the event where you cant let the CPU destroy the mansion. Still, the one without solid platforms works great, just gotta fix the little issue of rolling from the platform to the center and the other way around
It doesnt matter. Theres an event where you have to break all the platforms on Skyworld and B+ renders that impossible. If something in single player is bugged just switch to vBrawl for a few minutes. For instance, theres areas in SSE where you cannot continue with B+, and single player isnt worth the time to edit when the premise of B+ is balanced, fun, fast Multiplayer.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Too bad its a pac. I have 4 textures I use for Luigi's mansion with Dantarion's ASL code. Won't be able to use any of them anymore.

Otherwise, it is perfect.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You could transfer over the textures using Brawlbox.

You know, it would take all of 40 seconds for each .pac.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Too bad its a pac. I have 4 textures I use for Luigi's mansion with Dantarion's ASL code. Won't be able to use any of them anymore.

Otherwise, it is perfect.
Just find the .rel file for Luigi's mansion and use Phantom Wing's code. You'll have regular Luigi's and modded Luigi's.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, got some good news and some bad news....

Good News:
Summit+ is pretty much at Alpha as of now, barring a few graphical problems (huge gapping hole) and deciding where spawn points should go (right now i've stretched out the top platform and moved down the right platform, putting 2 spawns on top, one on the right platform, and one on the bottom). i fixed a problem with the top platform (similar to the one with LM's platforms) so it now functions correctly.

i'm also looking at "fixing" the rock/fire stages for PS1. here's an idea of what to expect:

Rock:

Fire:

Bad News:
NPC's platforms are not editable at this time. i can move the boat and the breakable platform, but thats about it. sorry. i can, however, move the boundaries/spawns/camera to a specific area (maybe right?), move the boat, fix the death boundaries, and edit the spawns so you don't die at the beginning. ideal? no. functional? more so than the current version.

YI:M is refusing to stretch, and that makes me a sad panda.... not that it would matter even if it would stretch as i can't remove the right side anyway. BUT NO NOT GIVE UP HOPE! i'll just leave it on the back burner till kryal can give me some insights on why it won't stretch.

additionally, Big Blue+ is just too glitchy to even consider right now. if you've tried the codes from the second vid you'll see what i'm talking about.

i've also given MK26 my pac containing PS1 with grass as the starting stage, but it has some messed up collision. this idea may be dropped, however, if we can fix all of PS1's transformations.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
FHobo, that just looks amazing!:). I believe that fixing all transformations is a better idea than jusr freezing it in grass. Either way it's amazing, but i think it will keep more of a CP feel with changing stages.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I'm also very curious about the "fixed" PSI and Summit+.
well, i'm feeling confident about the spawn points as they are now, so here's a pic of it in its current state:

(that square on the right is bugging the **** out of me because i can't move the hinge to cover it up :mad:)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You could transfer over the textures using Brawlbox.

You know, it would take all of 40 seconds for each .pac.
Well, I could copy the file a couple of times and do this.

@MK26: Wait, you have the modified rel files for ALL the stages up for download?

And after realizing that SSE Falcon flyer is much bigger than Big Blue Falcon flyer, it doesn't look like such a great replaacement.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
@MK26: Wait, you have the modified rel files for ALL the stages up for download?
no, but i can make them as they're needed
but all you have to do is copy the fixed file a few times, take the textures from each of the texture swaps, and import each of them into one copy

and i never thought of that, but i guess we dont need the slowdown any more, do we?

EDIT: @valtrox: dude. you're the reason why we have that stage. I give credit where credit is due. ;)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Good News:
Summit+ is pretty much at Alpha as of now, barring a few graphical problems (huge gapping hole) and deciding where spawn points should go (right now i've stretched out the top platform and moved down the right platform, putting 2 spawns on top, one on the right platform, and one on the bottom). i fixed a problem with the top platform (similar to the one with LM's platforms) so it now functions correctly.

YI:M is refusing to stretch, and that makes me a sad panda.... not that it would matter even if it would stretch as i can't remove the right side anyway. BUT NO NOT GIVE UP HOPE! i'll just leave it on the back burner till kryal can give me some insights on why it won't stretch.

additionally, Big Blue+ is just too glitchy to even consider right now. if you've tried the codes from the second vid you'll see what i'm talking about.

Summit+ looks pretty solid, so good job. Like you said, the only thing about it that I dislike is its graphical issues: the big ice chunk in the middle, and the block on the right that refuses to be covered.

And it may be just me, but I'm glad that YI (Melee) and BB+ aren't working. They sounded like kinda crappy stages, in their + forms, to me, anyway.

Have these new stages gotten more discussion yet?

Counter Picks?
-Frozen 1st part of Castle Siege
- The Summit+
- Pokeman Stadium 1 (Grass only?)
- Luigi's Mansion, fixed platforms.
- PTAD+???

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Summit+ looks pretty solid, so good job. Like you said, the only thing about it that I dislike is its graphical issues: the big ice chunk in the middle, and the block on the right that refuses to be covered.
well, the ice chunk in the middle isn't that big of an issue since it actually doesn't get in the way of fighting (you just need to remember that its not a wall anymore).

And it may be just me, but I'm glad that YI (Melee) and BB+ aren't working. They sounded like kinda crappy stages, in their + forms, to me, anyway.
BB+ is pretty glitchy. if it worked right i'd have to disagree, but as is it is pretty crappy.

i'm going to hold judgement on YI:M+ until i see what the stretching will do.

Have these new stages gotten more discussion yet?

Counter Picks?
-Frozen 1st part of Castle Siege
- The Summit+
- Pokeman Stadium 1 (Grass only?)
- Luigi's Mansion, fixed platforms.
- PTAD+???
~frozen CS 1 is easy enough, its just determining if we want to remove the other parts. they can be fine stages, but if we're going for a conservative playlist then it could be fine.
~i hope so lol
~we're working on keeping all of the forms instead of just grass.
~yeah, its a pretty legit CP
~i don't think we can weaken the cars (maybe a code?) but it could still be a fine CP even with them removed. i still have to look at moving the wall, though. if i can do that then it will be perfect imo.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've always hated the second part of Castle Seige, so I've personally added a frozen CS to every version of B+ ever since 4.2. It's just so much better that way; and losing the third transformation isn't that great of a loss.
As for PTAD, I would prefer a weakened wall that sends you at a 45-degree angle (or some angle around that) over it being totally removed. And I haven't absolutely confirmed this, but I recall being able to tech-jump it when hit/thrown into it without gettig hit by it. I'll have to test that more, though, to be sure of that.

Top Bottom