• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

Umby

Smash Master
Question, since I'm somewhat confused.

The first qualifier will be for MLG Colombus, so one would assume that the first MLG that Brawl would be in is for Colombus. But the announcement mentioned registration for MLG Orlando under Brawl. Could someone clarify this matter for me? Does this mean Brawl won't be on the circuit until Colombus, or will it be present for Orlando as well?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
hell yes, i approve. kinda lame how some of the brawl haters still saying its a mistake though. tsk tsk tsk, such children.
Right
HA i dont know how guys guys think brawl is fun. What is there to get excited about, the characters are all floaty and there is no combos? Chain grabs to death HELL YA! please.
Don't double post

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Melee ain't coming back for some very obvious reasons people. -_-

A) Look at the other games on the circuit. The oldest game there is Halo 3. It's all this gen games. Melee was last gen. Gamecube =/= this gen.

B) Look of the size of Brawl's scene. Look at the size of Melee's scene. Brawl is many times larger. Larger = more money. Many times larger = many times more money. Fairly simple logic there.

Stop whining. Melee had it's days, those days are done. Melee ain't going back on circuit. Either support Brawl, or be silent and move on.

EDIT: Ninja'd...er...inb4'd.....er warning-came-before-my-post by AZ as I was posting. >_<

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Question, since I'm somewhat confused.

The first qualifier will be for MLG Colombus, so one would assume that the first MLG that Brawl would be in is for Colombus. But the announcement mentioned registration for MLG Orlando under Brawl. Could someone clarify this matter for me? Does this mean Brawl won't be on the circuit until Colombus, or will it be present for Orlando as well?
They first ONLINE qualifier will be for Columbus. This simply means that Orlando will be the first live event and then people can compete online in hopes of earning a higher seed for the Columbus live event.

But, I'm willing to be that however high you place in the online qualifier, you will only be seeded outside of the top 32 (pro and semi-pro) seeds for Columbus.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I wanted to say something about how absolutely immature everyone is for throwing a fit in some way, but I'd get infracted.

o wait. oops.

=_=

You guys sour my excitement of Smash being back on the Pro Circuit.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Can't wait to watch it on the stream and hopefully go. Now that Gears is gone and my effort of training with my team out of the door, Brawl is left to fill the gap. Hopefully some of the vets from Melee return.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That'd be awesome if it didn't mean we now have to endure major butthurtness of certain people. Still Though, like i've been saying, Melee is still going strong there's nothing really to be upset about. Brawl will generate more cash, no need to be all offended like "melee isn't good enough"

It's all about money

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
How gay, am I the only person glad that MLG didn't have Brawl? The only reason I hate it is because because there's no way in hell it will be near Idaho, and it only makes me depressed to know it exists.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How gay, am I the only person glad that MLG didn't have Brawl? The only reason I hate it is because because there's no way in hell it will be near Idaho, and it only makes it depressed to know it exists.
Wow way to be a negative nancy. You are like that kid who is jealous about everything.

CO18

Smash Hero
How gay, am I the only person glad that MLG didn't have Brawl? The only reason I hate it is because because there's no way in hell it will be near Idaho, and it only makes it depressed to know it exists.
Then travel.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Much easier said than done in my case. Not enough time for planning.

But, I guess this guarantees Brawl for next year, so hurray.
Three months isn't enough time for planning?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Yeah, you can still go, but you get seeding points depending on your rank in the Online Qualifier. They do it for all of the circuit games (or they have at least for each game. I know they did for Gears and CoD and Halo). You don't need seeding points to play, but it makes it easier in the tournament the more you have them.

Trela

Smash Lord
When I started Smash, this is all I heard about.

Now I may finally have a chance to participate! in it!

I'm also eager to see that their Ruleset will be for some reason!

Wait they took out Gears? Well that sucks....

Well, at least there's Brawl. Time to party!

Yeah Gears 2 was just too broken. Smokes were only fixed server-side, and left MLG with no love. Oh well. Brawl and Tekken are a good trade indeed.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Gears 2 was just too broken. Smokes were only fixed server-side, and left MLG with no love. Oh well. Brawl and Tekken are a good trade indeed.
I'm not going to get into it too much, but GoW2 was a great game on LAN and, IMO, didn't deserve getting dropped.

But that aside, I'm excited to come back to Smash and really commit some time to it again.

shurf

Smash Cadet
This is great news. Definitely gonna start playing like crazy again.

I'm hoping SF4 is next. More fighters is a very good thing.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I bet you, MK's are gonna start mad training for this and they will spread like wildfire. He'll have to be banned.

Top Bottom