• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
WHAT? No wavedash? What the ****!?!
You are suggesting me to wait to Project:M, are you serious? That mod may be released 2015

Kati

Smash Lord
There is always melee if you want wavedashing... brawl+ however isn't doing those teching curves

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Make your own mod and add wavedashing, since none of the current popular ones have it, and I doubt they'll change for you.

Kati

Smash Lord
Can someone explain these attacks for me?

1) Pika's thunder
2) Luigi's tornado
3) Snake's jabs+tilts

I'm totally open for reason on this, but someone has to explain to me how these are balanced or even fit the game.

I have not played against someone who spammed these against me, so I am not complaining because of some matches I lost.

Snake's third jab hit kills... but is set up by the first two. His tilts also pack an amazing punch considering that they already have good range going with them. He has great aerials and well... he is snake... does he need such a powerful jab like that?

Luigi's tornado realllllly solves his whole awkward recovery. I get this, and I appreciate it. Used as an attack though, and I find it overshadows everything else he has.

maybe, I just am ignorant about Luigi's strengths and weaknesses. Is he supposed to have such a good approaching attack? the speed and priority are confusing me here...

I think everyone knows Pika's thunder... so instead of saying it is bad because it is so powerful and fast... I'm going to say that it is bad because it just doesn't fit. Thunder has always been powerful.. making it so appealing as a vertical projectile... but the speed and which it comes out and the lack of lag on Pikachu for using it seem to match every other attack he has... Shouldn't the devastating finisher play like one and demand some timing or risk..?

again, I'm totally open to textwalls on why the aforementioned moves are the way they are. I am not demanding change, but rather I wish to understand.

thanks

matt4300

Smash Ace
Can someone explain these attacks for me?

1) Pika's thunder
2) Luigi's tornado
3) Snake's jabs+tilts

I'm totally open for reason on this, but someone has to explain to me how these are balanced or even fit the game.

I have not played against someone who spammed these against me, so I am not complaining because of some matches I lost.

Snake's third jab hit kills... but is set up by the first two. His tilts also pack an amazing punch considering that they already have good range going with them. He has great aerials and well... he is snake... does he need such a powerful jab like that?

Luigi's tornado realllllly solves his whole awkward recovery. I get this, and I appreciate it. Used as an attack though, and I find it overshadows everything else he has.

maybe, I just am ignorant about Luigi's strengths and weaknesses. Is he supposed to have such a good approaching attack? the speed and priority are confusing me here...

I think everyone knows Pika's thunder... so instead of saying it is bad because it is so powerful and fast... I'm going to say that it is bad because it just doesn't fit. Thunder has always been powerful.. making it so appealing as a vertical projectile... but the speed and which it comes out and the lack of lag on Pikachu for using it seem to match every other attack he has... Shouldn't the devastating finisher play like one and demand some timing or risk..?

again, I'm totally open to textwalls on why the aforementioned moves are the way they are. I am not demanding change, but rather I wish to understand.

thanks
Its pretty simple... There not broken. They are good ... In some cases really good. I can add to that list.

Why is lucarios fair not DIable until stupid percents?
Why is wolfs side B his most powerfull kill move?
Why does lucario have a perfect recovery?
Why does peach have unpunishable moves that do heavy character damage?
Why does game&watches super combo Nair do 19% when you can spam it over and over with no chance of punishment?
ect ect ect...

You can get around all of these things with the right character. Usually a char with range (MARTH MARTH MARTH) takes care of these seemingly unbeatable attacks. Nots saying marth is the best char he just has quick range to... Hit pika out of thunder... Slap game&watch out of nair, or luigi out of nado.

Oh and do you play Ike? Have you seen HIS jab?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Why does peach have unpunishable moves that do heavy character damage?
This makes me rage until the end of time. More so than that dash attack of hers that combos into itself if you don't DI it.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Oh and do you play Ike? Have you seen HIS jab?
lol I have seen and played Ike he is a very good character just gotta know his spacing game which is quite easy. Ike does have a ridiculous jab combo though due to I played him the other day I did his jab combo and sent my friends character on an awkward angle.

@Ace Brawl+ does not have WDing in it at all. I would still play B+ though due to its fun and 2 its better than regular Brawl. If you want to do WDing I agree with what the person above said make/edit your own version (but don't redistribute because its against the terms and policy). Or you can just play Melee.

I personally would rather play B+ and wait for P:M to get released. I do think it would be fun to play P:M though even though its still in its early stages.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
So how many % is P:M done? Like 10%? and how long have does 10% taken? Like a year? 9 years left, hey thats not so long

So how many % is P:M done? Like 10%? and how long have does 10% taken? Like a year? 9 years left, hey thats not so long
I really don't know what you hope to accomplish by passive-aggressively *****ing here. You're about a year and a half too late for the wavedashing in B+ debate, friend.

We aren't going to be suddenly spurred to action by your gripes and go program a wavedash for every character in B+.

And for that matter, the P:M team is not going to be motivated into forsaking their lives, school, and all human contact to finish the project sooner by you whining about it in the wrong thread

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Where is the .txt codeset? All I can find is the compiled .gct for this latest version.

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
king is that codeset txt for 7.0.3? also is there a fix for random sss in that text doc?
Yea it is.. otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to link to it.
As for that fix you mentioned, no I don't believe it's in there.. you'll need to add that in yourself.
(Whatever they used in 7.0.3 is what you'll find there now...)

Just an FYI to anyone reading this, it should go without saying that all the stuff I linked to only applies to NTSC.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Awesome thanks now I can actually edit my version a little bit to even though I know Deadlands is gone but I love that stage so Ill probably end up putting it back in.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
lol I have seen and played Ike he is a very good character just gotta know his spacing game which is quite easy. Ike does have a ridiculous jab combo though due to I played him the other day I did his jab combo and sent my friends character on an awkward angle.

@Ace Brawl+ does not have WDing in it at all. I would still play B+ though due to its fun and 2 its better than regular Brawl. If you want to do WDing I agree with what the person above said make/edit your own version (but don't redistribute because its against the terms and policy). Or you can just play Melee.

I personally would rather play B+ and wait for P:M to get released. I do think it would be fun to play P:M though even though its still in its early stages.
Small nick pick but B+ has no agreement policy that could be legally enforced. You could modify the codes and redistribute it (infact this is how BB got its start). You'd just be considered a **** if you took all the credits for the codes.

shanus

Smash Hero
I heard Shanus is looking into changing how the Z button is read by the game, so I guess that's a maybe.
That was for brawl research I believe, they want me to disable Z for frame advance....

Kati

Smash Lord
While on the topic of the Z button, can anyone explain why pressing grab sometimes makes one shield?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
While on the topic of the Z button, can anyone explain why pressing grab sometimes makes one shield?
A grab is a combination of shield+attack inputs. If you press whatever button grab is mapped to, the game treats this as a simultaneous input of those two commands. Because of this, when you try to buffer a grab, the game reads it as a shield press.

Try waiting until the animation of the attack you're using is finished before grabbing. That solved the problem for me.

mattgcn

Smash Cadet
Is it likely that any future release will have the Alloys on the character select screen or additional "custom" stages on the stage select screen? Simply put, it would be nice to continue to have all the usual Brawl+ stuff with slight room for expansion for characters and stages but I don't have the knowledge or wherewithal to figure it out.

A note: please don't take this as a "OMGZ DO IT I'M TOO LAZY TO" post, it's more like a "hey, casual suggestion if you were already thinking about it" post. I'd also like to say "hey, congrats on making a truly amazing codeset and for renewing my interest in Brawl"

EDIT: Oh yeah, and while I'm here, what is the possibility of working final smashes for the individual Pokemon? Or B+Down moves? I'm really uncertain as to how far along hacking is but these are small points of contention that I would drop in an instant if I knew it was impossible to fix

Revven

FrankerZ
We cannot add a new Down B move to the individual Pokemon because there is only one .pac for each one and those are tied to PT. There's no extra .pac that handles the indie Pokemon, they are simply the same thing as the PT ones (they use the same .pacs).

Let me use an example, if we somehow managed to change their down B in the .pac, it would also affect PT and likely not allow them to switch outside of when they respawn. It would be possible to give them a new down B move but it would also have to overwrite (consequently and not what we want) the PT Pokemon as well.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
A grab is a combination of shield+attack inputs. If you press whatever button grab is mapped to, the game treats this as a simultaneous input of those two commands. Because of this, when you try to buffer a grab, the game reads it as a shield press.

Try waiting until the animation of the attack you're using is finished before grabbing. That solved the problem for me.
Is there any way to avoid that? Having to either wait to grab (even for only a few frames) or risking shielding at the wrong time really gets to me.

Or you could work on your timing.

Or buffer something else that you can grab from. Like a crouch or dash.

It's been that way since Melee. Grabbing when you can't grab makes you shield.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey guys.

I have a 4 GB SD Card so I can't load textures/pacs using the FPC. Is there a Riivolution patch for Brawl+? I don't know the first thing about even using Riivolution but its worth asking, lol.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
If I remember right, there's an option to download the Riivolution compatible stuff when you use the installer. Should be set up right from the get go.

Also, there's an XML(the file that controls the settings for Rii) around somewhere that is set up to work with B+/B-/BB/vB ALL at once. As far as I know, the one that comes with the B+ download is only set for B+ (I've never used it, so I'm assuming on that part).

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Most likely not the most important thing at the moment, I'd assume. That + it takes a looooong time = taking a loooooonger time :x

People could always take it upon themselves to make a changelist for specific characters and then collapse-list post them until the official gets put out? :o Dunno if that's frowned upon or what, but it was just an idea :p

zhengman777

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Infrequent poster here.

So, uh, what began as a little trip to find out what changes had been made to Brawl+ as of recently led to a 50-page binge on this thread. I started at around pg. 121, which is around the time Brawl+ Gold was released.

As the discussion changed from walljumping mechanics and Link's fair to stage boundaries and analyzing the lack of "fun speed activation", I read on, hoping that some changes would be made.

It appeared to me that the developers were jaded (some very strong points were made, so what I'm saying may be old news) and that no changes could be made without compromising a side of the multi-faceted "gravity/friction/hitstun/fun speed/etc change" argument.

But still, I kept on hoping that some changes would be reported in response to the complaints. Secretly, I knew this was unlikely, since there was always a counterpoint to a point and nothing was established. But hey - hopes!

Somebody (I think it was MAN WITH BEE AVATAR) suggested creating separate mods for Brawl+. To me, this was a refreshing concept, since this solved the "satisfy everyone" conflict. But then someone argued against it, saying that it split up the community.

Not that I would mind. I don't consider myself a hardcore player (no tourneys or anything), but I love myself some frantic Melee action. You can tell what side of the argument I'm on.

And then this happened:
Nothing is being changed right now Valtrox, not even friction.
Are the developers not open to changing...no...just trying out a release of Brawl+ with the proposed changes?

I got the idea that it takes time to create big changes, and I admire all the work that has been done so far, but why let it all stop for the next six months? Perhaps we can release "less official" updates. (Note that I may not have a realistic idea of how updates work.)

Players can try them out. Offer suggestions. Have certain suggestions applied, even if slowly but steadily. New releases with said changes. Repeat.

Isn't that the mentality that both modders and players alike should both have?

I mean, Jesus.

We're hacking a game. We can do almost whatever we want with it. And we choose to play it safe?

I understand that this leads back to the discussion against MAN WITH BEE AVATAR on the community (particularly the modders) splitting, but I don't think that it has to split if we consistently do these small test releases and stick by an open-minded system.

Anyways, sorry for the TL;DR, but these are my impressions on 50 pages of text.

It would be great if everyone could have fun. I'm not sure if the modders are having fun. Hell, I think that even the players are getting fidgety.

---

In short: Can we create a system which both satisfies more people and entails fresh releases at the expense of more effort? If I'm being greedy, feel free to yell expletives at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom