• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Put all the files that come with it from the RSBE folder in BrawlPlus.

Rename pfmenu2 to menu2.

Open pf, copy everything out of it. Choose yes to merge the menu2 folders.

Now you should be done.
Did that, and it freezes after I select a stage.

Do I need Ino.pac and Info2.pac for it to work? Cause that didn't come with the latest Download...

BEES

Smash Lord
the lack of friction is a pretty big problem

it reduces the amount of control you have over where your character is and what it's doing

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you've *****ed about this before and iirc you even started talking about making a new project... so go. get your team together and make your own hack. show the community just how well your ideas work. nobody is stoping you.

Kati

Smash Lord
I don't get this friction issue. The amount one slides is not random is it? Pulling off an up-smash with Falcon sure makes him slide far, but it is quite possible to memorize how far he slides... Likewise the current friction levels allow for more strategic placement for landing aerials when there are slopes on the stage right?

I really see no problem as of now... can someone explain what I am interpreting as just one more thing to learn for their character..?

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Friction is one of those things that will boil down to taste more than a problem really. Characters don't slip and slide randomly but at the same time it can be annoying to learn spacing. Much like manual L cancel, one mans useless memorizing feature is another's strategic tactic.

Now if you want to talk about annoying you can look into the random super jumps a character does in the air when avoiding an attack. As I recall this was explained as a problem linked to the brawl footstool physics and currently nothing could be done about it.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was actually going to bring that up... pseudo-footstooling... I think it may be generalized to other things outside of "Footstooling" physics. My only reason is that Falcon's raptor can give him a boost off of others without actually hitting them.

If the physics themselves are impossible to tamper with, has anyone tried disabling footstooling with a code? I think playing around with it could yield something as to the triggers for the super-jumps.

just throwing ideas of course.

As I understand it, the super jumps come from trying to footstool someone when they're doing something else, like attacking, using a special, or at the ending, vulnerable frames of their airdodge/spotdodge/roll.

So disabling footstools gets rid of them as well. A few months ago, I was told it was impossible to remove one without the other. Then again, many impossible things have suddenly begun to happen as far as Brawl hacking is concerned.

Kati

Smash Lord
I only hopped on this mod back when 4.2 was released, so I most likely missed the discussion on zss. Was it ever discussed whether or not she should get the throw-able armour pieces at the beginning of a match?

Also, has anybody noticed with this patch that items sometimes cannot be picked up? zss armour (at random times from my perspective) as well as Rob's gyro for examples.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
ZSS armor pieces used to have very high BKB by default - this number has since been toned down a lot to keep them from killing at stupid low damages.

Items like armor pieces and ROB's gyro have to be motionless to the point of their hitboxes being inactive in order to be picked up.

Kati

Smash Lord
I get the gyro's motion preventing it from being picked up, but I've been noticing times where it and the armour pieces are completely still and my character can only jab or dash attack instead of picking it up.

Minor thing nonetheless, but I suppose no one else has encountered this.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Finally got my Wii up and running again. Set up the newest build and I'm expierencing freezing every time I hit the SSS. I remember reading about it before but not reading about the fix. Help?

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
Same here

I know the idea behind the longer period between updates was to allow the community time to stabilize, grow, and develop a meta game. But at this point, it seems clear that the community just isn't large enough to sustain itself without the hype of updates.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
So when does this running gag stop and we go back to the GOOD brawl + ?

As a player I was glad that a community of developers worked hard for the better of a game, once we understood all that made this game distasteful.

However now it seems like our friends at Brawl+ have up and decided to abandon all regard for the physics that made brawl plus a joy, and instead made something I find to be no better than vanilla. And that was frustrating because what became a good solution to the discontent that was vanilla brawl, is now yet another intrest problem that can only be cured with the videos I've seen of P:M, and a temporary fix of Brawl minus.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I've come to notice that the characters feel much more sluggish in the 7.0 build than they did in previous versions. Character's are not as fast, and don't flow nearly as well. I've actually been planning to use physic values from previous versions with the fighter .pac files for 7.0 because of this.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I've come to notice that the characters feel much more sluggish in the 7.0 build than they did in previous versions. Character's are not as fast, and don't flow nearly as well. I've actually been planning to use physic values from previous versions with the fighter .pac files for 7.0 because of this.
I believe I have them as well, I just don't have the codeset from the past build.

mattgcn

Smash Cadet
When did the last build come out? I haven't updated mine in a few months and I probably won't if the updates are unsatisfactory..

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
When did the last build come out? I haven't updated mine in a few months and I probably won't if the updates are unsatisfactory..
No Idea but now I'm sad I updated my codeset

The Brawl+ Developers should just archive their Brawl plus files so people can get the brawl plus they want

mattgcn

Smash Cadet
I could post the codeset I have if you want. It's the standard codeset but with the "allow replays longer than 3 minutes" code enabled too

That's just my codeset though, I've made dozens of music, stage, item and character modifications otherwise

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I could post the codeset I have if you want. It's the standard codeset but with the "allow replays longer than 3 minutes" code enabled too

That's just my codeset though, I've made dozens of music, stage, item and character modifications otherwise

Oh that would be awesome! You can PM me the codeset.

I wouldn't want you banned or anything like that.

Bandit

Smash Lord
120% is a mystery number that has no bearing on what I'm actually doing.

The changes won't be drastic. Right now I'm only looking at the starter stages, as they are played on the majority of the time. Those are, fyi: Warioware, FD, BF, Smashville, and PSII. PSII and Warioware will be unchanged from 6.0. PSII is the largest of the stages and I think its important to have a larger neutral. Battlefield, Final Destination and Smashville will all see KO% off the top lower to about 85-95% of the moves initial KO point. So a move that KOed at 150 off the top will KO at ~135. The sides are being altered to a lesser degree, and are still a WIP.
This was a post from Veril describing the boundary changes. It was dated 3/3/2010. It's not the final description, but I couldn't find that at the moment. This should at least give you an idea as to what he originally was thinking.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The problem was that some of the boundaries were moved a little too far inwards, sometimes to the point where you die before you even leave the screen. And the fact that we have to live with these boundaries for 6 months since no one is planning on releasing an official fix midway through the cycle.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
The problem was that some of the boundaries were moved a little too far inwards, sometimes to the point where you die before you even leave the screen. And the fact that we have to live with these boundaries for 6 months since no one is planning on releasing an official fix midway through the cycle.
This right here.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
For some reason my Yoshi's Island Brawl and Delphino stopped working (the game freezes when I choose them). I used the windows updatifier to get this version of B+. Any ideas why they arent working, I didnt touch one thing on my SD card after it installed.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Check to see if they freeze when you look at them in My Music. If so, you need to reset it your My Music via a code.

FMF

Smash Rookie
Haven't been here in months since brawlplus.net existed. This all looks so depressing, so what is considered the best version? I have 6.0 Gold Final.

Kati

Smash Lord
Are you familiar with modifying stages in brawlbox? if so, then you could tweak the boundaries to your liking and play the latest version. I believe it is the most balanced. If I recall correctly, Ness is overpowered in 6.0.

I think there are balance issues in the latest version, but when I brought it up a few points, I was countered with other possible issues, which only seems to add to the problem rather than resolve.

However, from my experience (from 4.2 and up), the gold version is pretty solid.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Ness in 6.0? 5.0 had the stupidly good fair. I think lucario was the character closer to over powered in 6.0.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Lucario was overpowered in 6.0 in 5.0 according to people Ness was OP. While I admit 7.0.3 or w/e version it is I think is the most balanced so far. However I did and still do like 5.0 more due to idk maybe something with the ALR or idk what it was but it felt faster and didn't have stupid reduced stage boundaries.

I have been playing B+ ever since 4.1 till the gold edition so on some stages i do like the boundaries like on the really big ones being fixed however some didn't need an adjustment imo the ceilings in PKMN Stadium 2 and smashville = no roofing.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Is there any reason why my friend and I cant use textures over wifi with B+? Its very unfortuneate that even textures than have never before desynched my vBrawl online play with people are easily desynching my B+ matches. Is there a reason for this, I hate having a hacked brawl but no way to have texture to make it even better. My friend said you have to have special stage textures for B+, is this the same for characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom