• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Stages? Very much yes. If B+ replaces a stage you have a texture on, you will have to apply the texture to the new collision data. (or vice versa)
Do not just keep your old stage file or you will desync.

Characters? Shouldn't be an issue. So long as the bone structure (model stuff) hasn't changed not much can go wrong there.
Vertex edits are okay since they don't actually change any bones around.

Kati

Smash Lord
soooooo..... footstool as a seperately mapped button pleeeease?

It isn't a surprise that the other major project achieved such control considering their momentum right now, but Brawl+ NEEDS to change the state of footstooling. I have seen no evidence of it being used properly at any level of play, and the super-jumps seem to throw the pace out the window much like tripping did. Imo, either take footstooling out, or adopt the method to map it to a button.

...thoughts? o quiet thread?

Kati

Smash Lord
But then how can this project strive for a competitive atmosphere with the super jump still occurring? Or footstooling an opponent RIGHT after they land a downward aerial? Until it can be fixed, it shouldn't be present.

I see that they have that option you mentioned in the code agenda under "future", but with so few updates happening, would you happen to know where the existing lines can be found? I would be very grateful to be able to experience myself in order to come to terms with you.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I can't remember if the change was made by a code or by .pac files...
Anyway, I personally prefer footstool to be mapped on a different button, but I'm not really upset that it was reversed to the default.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I'll be playing this until Project M comes out I suppose. I'm guessing that's a pretty common story.

bleyva

Smash Ace
so is the 'six month review' thing gonna happen, or is this whole thing toast?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Whatever happened to +? The realization is was never gonna replace vBrawl? Project:M sounds cooler? The fact everyone involved quit? I was just wondering. I haven't Brawled in forever, I've been playing a ton of other games. But I came back to Smashworlds and + is dead, Project:M is still in development for Lord knows how much longer, and - is still hilariously awesome.

I doubt the 6 month review will happen. Have there been any major + tournaments in the past 3 months anyway? Whatever happened to + I will always remember it as the thing that made me keep a Wii and at least a whole lot of fun for almost 2 years.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Whatever happened to +? The realization is was never gonna replace vBrawl? Project:M sounds cooler? The fact everyone involved quit?
i think the killer was that the game was presented as 'this is Gold, take it or leave it' when it still felt incomplete and in need of alot of work for many people; out of nowhere, consistency suddenly became the number one priority. all potential experimentation was thrown out the window in favor of establishing a metagame with what was there, which may have made sense in the short-term, but now? idk

oh, and all the leaders quit.......

oh, and P:M....ya know, with the whole 'we promise not to make the same mistakes as B+'. yea that might be bad news for B+ lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Whatever happened to +? The realization is was never gonna replace vBrawl? Project:M sounds cooler? The fact everyone involved quit? I was just wondering. I haven't Brawled in forever, I've been playing a ton of other games. But I came back to Smashworlds and + is dead, Project:M is still in development for Lord knows how much longer, and - is still hilariously awesome.

I doubt the 6 month review will happen. Have there been any major + tournaments in the past 3 months anyway? Whatever happened to + I will always remember it as the thing that made me keep a Wii and at least a whole lot of fun for almost 2 years.
Probably a combination of hype for P:M, key people deserting B+, and a semi-permanent "gold" set with issues (the big one being stage boundaries) that turned a lot of B+ fans off.

There was Brawl+ on the side at Apex, but compared to how it did at Pound 4, the turnout was pitiful (~20 at a tourney with several hundred people in attendance).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
i feel like brawl+ was a transitional stage between brawl and project m. lol
Basically.

P:M rides on B+'s shoulders. In terms of technical codes and gathering interest of talented developers. Most of the P:M staff are people who have been with B+ since it was still "Melee 2.0"

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
i think the killer was that the game was presented as 'this is Gold, take it or leave it' when it still felt incomplete and in need of alot of work for many people; out of nowhere, consistency suddenly became the number one priority. all potential experimentation was thrown out the window in favor of establishing a metagame with what was there, which may have made sense in the short-term, but now? idk

oh, and all the leaders quit.......

oh, and P:M....ya know, with the whole 'we promise not to make the same mistakes as B+'. yea that might be bad news for B+ lol.
This. B+ did pave the way but with the take it or leave it attitude despite complaints and PM getting hype it while B+ went quiet... well look at our state.

5ive

Smash Champion
lol it died because of word of mouth. It could never take off because it didn't spread. Pro's didn't like it, people saw pros bashing it, people think brawl+ is a bad game, .....

I dunno I liked the project. It seemed like a good balance between 2 playstyles (Brawl playstyles remain good and intact, but an agressive, "Melee" mindset could go on par with a campy one).

Even with this concept (a concept that was met succesfully imo), there are some inherent flaws. AKA, shifts in power, drastic changes, "myths" (see Melee 2.0 - people expected this to be melee) and of course, public relations.

I want to support this project, but it's on it's dying phase. I don't see a reason to keep playing it, even if I DO still enjoy it. I wish I finished inb4rape3 before this thing totally died lol.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Status update isn't till October? Someone on the team really needs to post at least a sneak peak or discussion.

5ive

Smash Champion
Yes. The team that gives a **** (aka posting atleast once and a while) are me, Bzoo, Seris, Neko and OBM. Veril quit for Brawl-, Blind left for personal reasons. We're left without any coders, or a leader.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lol, if you want extra hands can I join the B+ team?

I'm no coder or leader though (lol)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, I hereby join your team and will be helping to revive B+. We probably need a direction so that we aren't just appealing to the people who are going to switch to Project M. We also need to fix those ******** stage boundaries ASAP.

Also, a new project leader is probably needed. If noone else wants to do so, I'll do so, if just to get this back in the works. I'd really rather not though.

Going to spend the next couple hours familiarizing myself with PSA. Then going to figure out how to change blastzones in BBox, and freeze stages in it.

The set will be officially gold once we put more polish and pretty it up (add a few stage changes, textures, etc). As for gameplay, this is it. That will not be changing anymore unless we find a huge glitch or issue that must be fixed.
I'd say we have some pretty big issues to fix.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Well, I hereby join your team and will be helping to revive B+. We probably need a direction so that we aren't just appealing to the people who are going to switch to Project M. We also need to fix those ******** stage boundaries ASAP.

Also, a new project leader is probably needed. If noone else wants to do so, I'll do so, if just to get this back in the works. I'd really rather not though.

Going to spend the next couple hours familiarizing myself with PSA. Then going to figure out how to change blastzones in BBox, and freeze stages in it.

I'd say we have some pretty big issues to fix.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ha.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm not sure whether I'm serious or not on wanting to actually help with this though. I thought this was so great when it was released, to see it die bothers me quite a bit.

So no coders, no leader, and very little organization.

That's about as close to dead as projects get. Not beyond saving, I hope. I still play this fairly regularly. It'd be a shame to see it die after so much work.

5ive

Smash Champion
lol we have some ideas. Brawl+ imo is great. The way people perceived it was biased as **** and ruined the game.

Also, all the major regions...quit.

NY quit. MD/VA quit to help out PM, Chicago got Blind owned, Texas died when Neko left..

Don't know about GA (or wherever Zeon lives), but I have't seen anyone there. Toronto can host a Brawl+ tournament anytime. There is enough interest with the PR and my crew, but I don't see the need to support or play a dead game. but it's still fun and brings back good memories. aah the times. and I DO want to release inb4rape3 some day :x.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
PM is pretty much staking its claim in the south east region.

Although a fresher direction B+ imo could spark new interest.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think our first course of action would be to fix stage boundaries. Of course, that's easier said than done.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Im sad to hear that brawl+ is dead i been playing it for a long time i even got all my friends into it -; well is there any way to get a copy of the 6.0 builds they were really fun to play.

5ive

Smash Champion
It's not dead. Bzoo met Cape irl and gave him some tips or something, and he showed bzoo this underground version of Brawl+.

also, Supreme Dirt, your post sounded mad serious. I'm not even joking.

homsar

Smash Ace
Hey 5ive, me and my friend play Brawl+ regularly still and we are located just outside of Toronto in Pickering, so if you need anyone else to play we can easliy make a trip into the city.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's not dead. Bzoo met Cape irl and gave him some tips or something, and he showed bzoo this underground version of Brawl+.

also, Supreme Dirt, your post sounded mad serious. I'm not even joking.
I was both trolling and being serious in the same post. Need to stop doing that.

But yeah, let's get some Toronto B+ tourneys. I'd be at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom