• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEES

Smash Lord
@Bandit: There are a lot more viable characters in Melee than just 4 or 5.
This is true and it needs to be emphasized. Everyone from Fox to Ganondorf is viable, at least.

Bandit said:
You make a lot of statements purely meant to stir trouble.
If I wanted to be popular, I wouldn't have had so many opinions on the internet.

Veril

Frame Savant
Just so everyone knows, the final proposed character specific adjustments have been discussed and are in the process of being confirmed. So please, no suggestions for character specific adjustments that do not address an infinite or game-breaking glitch.

FYI, some examples of these which are being dealt with:
-MK's IDC
-IC's Fusion
-Sheik's chain jacket
-Yoshi's egg-stall
-The DJC infinite float glitch aka DJC-hover (DJCH)
-Infinites arising from charizard's getup roll
-Planking!: f*** this s*** forever. Ledge-regrab invincibility decay will be implemented.

D

Deleted member

Just so everyone knows, the final proposed character specific adjustments have been discussed and are in the process of being confirmed. So please, no suggestions for character specific adjustments that do not address an infinite or game-breaking glitch.

-MK's IDC
-IC's Fusion
-Sheik's chain jacket
-Yoshi's egg-stall
-Planking!: f*** this s*** forever. Ledge-regrab invincibility decay will be implemented.
Awesome. What are the infinites from Charizard's get up?

Also, is planking decay going to be equal on all characters? Nerfed on the abusers and slightly nerfed for people who get ledge trapped easily?

Veril

Frame Savant
Current proposal (the ideal fix imo): The number of Ledge invincibility frames will decrease upon each consecutive ledgegrab after the 3rd. This is in keeping with the tether limit. Getting hit or returning to the stage will reset ledgegrab invincibility. It will work identically for all characters.

There is one known infinite on Zard arising from Snake's d-throw near the edge of the stage. Zard can't roll past Snake, he'll just push against him. If you are close enough to the ledge, there is no option that doesn't lead to a regrab. This will be removed by adjusting his forward getup roll.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Will you increase the initial total amount of invicibility frames by a small amount since you'd be adding this rule to prevent lingered ledge humping?

matt4300

Smash Ace

-MK's IDC
-IC's Fusion
-Sheik's chain jacket
-Yoshi's egg-stall
Link fair pac is done.... Shadic an I just havent had time to write out that extremely long essay on it. SP hasnt been on enough to help... Soooo I probley need to send you the pac so you can try it out. I'll be pming it today hopfully when I have the time.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Not going to miss Yoshi's egg stall at all Hanging out under PS2 was lulzy.

I AM going to miss the chain jacket. Aside from freezing the game, it wasn't really uncompetitive.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The chain jacket only froze the game if it was one of the first attacks Sheik used. She doesn't even have to hit the opponent and it isn't random. I've frozen the game once with it and it was purely coincidental (tried to tether, but support ghost saved me).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Wait, wtf? Since when are we REMOVING character techs? Why not work on fixing the freezing instead?

Bryce

Smash Rookie
Wait, wtf? Since when are we REMOVING character techs? Why not work on fixing the freezing instead?
If possible, I'm all about this, since one of my favorite things about Brawl+ is the way it expands the game at a fundamental level (e.g. by making typical character moves more useful). More options = more fun.

I'd rather have a very stable version than one that crashes though, especially since the friends I play casually with are much less tolerant of random crashes than I am.

I'm sure other people have had this experience -- when Brawl+ has crashed in the past and everyone hears the hidden disk track (BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP by Nintendo of America), almost invariably the people I play with casually will say "screw this, let's just play normal brawl".

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
So, it seems we are almost done. Is there anything us peons can do to help hasten Brawl+ to its golden premiere? besides finding more infinites that is.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I tried, but I can't get them to work.

I renamed the file names so they didn't have gold in them, and put them in the right place. Do I need to modify my GCT or something? I couldn't find a guide on it, so I gave up.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Treat them as you would treat a stage texture, and name them accordingly.

The new stage .pac will have to replace the texture, though.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I followed all of his directions on where to place them and what to name them in my sd. is there anything more to it?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Could someone give me a text of the near gold snapshot file and its accompanying gct? I've wanted to try the new stages (summit, big blue, etc.) that require a level freezer code to work, but I don't know what codes I have to add to make my snapshot file work with the gct.

I've tried making a snapshot file of my own by taking the regular near gold set, adding my stage freeze code, and removing the codes that I knew for certain went in the snapshot gct (like the file replacement code). I obviously don't know all the codes in the snapshot gct, though, as this method causes my wii to freeze.

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
Apologies if this has been asked before, but my searches couldn't turn anything up. Bear in mind I know very little about coding, but I'll try to be as clear as possible. I'm currently running the latest version of Brawl+ (no other modifications to GCT), and would like to turn the Sandbag into a dollar bill. On previous versions, I would simply copy the "Rumble Falls into Wi Fi Waiting Room (No Sandbag)" code into the end of the GCT, and it would work fine. This is no longer the case. As I understand it, the commonly posted code for replacing a level with the Online Training level is
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B00XX
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

With XX being the numbers that determine the level replaced, in the case of Rumble Falls, the number is 08. Now, upon further inspection into the Brawl+ GCT, I found the line of code began with C26DCEE0, and then proceeded identically (with 08 subbed for XX, as it replaces Rumble Falls). I assumed, then, that it was the strings before this (beginning with C298D528) that actually converted sandbag. I pasted them in, so now that section of my GCT reads identically to the coding above...and still Sandbag spawns. I've tried pasting the entire code elsewhere in the GCT, and tried to use New Pork (subbing in 20 in the XX spot instead of 08) instead of Rumble Falls to no avail; the Online Stage continues to be Rumble Falls with sandbag regardless of my modifications, which suggests there's something else active I don't know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I followed all of his directions on where to place them and what to name them in my sd. is there anything more to it?
You do need to edit your GCT, depending on which stages you get. It says underneath each one what needs to be done, but it involves the stage freezing code and reversal code (which you can just add to the existing code in your GCT).

I can't remember right now where I found all of the stuff for it, but if you do a search of the stage hub thread for level freezer, there's one that's updated and works for just about everything.

Sorry I can't help more atm! D:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I have a small complaint. The camera is not always able to keep characters on screen. As Falcon, I got knocked across Smashville and ended up missing a recovery because the camera couldn't keep up with my position. I wasn't close to the boundary or in a bubble. I just got smacked away too fast to still be on screen.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I have a small complaint. The camera is not always able to keep characters on screen. As Falcon, I got knocked across Smashville and ended up missing a recovery because the camera couldn't keep up with my position. I wasn't close to the boundary or in a bubble. I just got smacked away too fast to still be on screen.
That's because Brawl's default camera settings is dumb... Why wasn't VietGeek's character camera settings included in the 6.0 release? Almost anything is an improvement to the current camera... (In the meantime, I'll have to use kupo's camera codes.)

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Aparently there is now a code that removes the 'dead frame', we should incorporate on Brawl+

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It was mentioned in the Project M topic. to be honest, I expected it to be released in this set regardless of whether or not we asked for it.

shanus

Smash Hero
I gave them the code for it in the WBR, but if you yourselves want to add it now:
Code:
Remove Dead Frame on Jumps [Shanus]
06FC18F8 00000010
00020000 00000000
00020000 00000000

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
Apologies if this has been asked before, but my searches couldn't turn anything up. Bear in mind I know very little about coding, but I'll try to be as clear as possible. I'm currently running the latest version of Brawl+ (no other modifications to GCT), and would like to turn the Sandbag into a dollar bill. On previous versions, I would simply copy the "Rumble Falls into Wi Fi Waiting Room (No Sandbag)" code into the end of the GCT, and it would work fine. This is no longer the case. As I understand it, the commonly posted code for replacing a level with the Online Training level is
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B00XX
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

With XX being the numbers that determine the level replaced, in the case of Rumble Falls, the number is 08. Now, upon further inspection into the Brawl+ GCT, I found the line of code began with C26DCEE0, and then proceeded identically (with 08 subbed for XX, as it replaces Rumble Falls). I assumed, then, that it was the strings before this (beginning with C298D528) that actually converted sandbag. I pasted them in, so now that section of my GCT reads identically to the coding above...and still Sandbag spawns. I've tried pasting the entire code elsewhere in the GCT, and tried to use New Pork (subbing in 20 in the XX spot instead of 08) instead of Rumble Falls to no avail; the Online Stage continues to be Rumble Falls with sandbag regardless of my modifications, which suggests there's something else active I don't know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One other mention; I just removed the entire string (including the level replacement code) and STILL Rumble Falls is the Wi Fi training room. This is very odd. It doesn't seem to care if I modify the stage numbers (the above XX), add the sandbag string, or remove the sequence entirely. Was there something else done to code the Training Stage in that I'm unaware of, or have I done something wrong? I am fairly positive I'm going about this properly; Use Wii code manager, add necessary strings, make sure said strings are selected and stored, they then show up on the display and in the file, save file in codes directory as RSBE01.gct (using US version). Has always worked fine until now. And my apologies if this is better suited to the Workshop threads, I had posted a similar question there, but I figured since the developers of Brawl+ post here and since the question does pertain to Brawl+ itself, it couldn't hurt to ask. Again, any help is appreciated.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I haven't used that code in forever, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. A ghetto fix would be to use Phantom Wing's stage roster expansion system code. Make Wifi waiting room one of your nine additional stages and the sandbag will not appear on it. You also get to have Rumble Falls back (lol). The code should be located in the smash workshop general forum. Search for it in Dantarion's topic.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Dead Frame?
On every character's jump there is a certain frame where it doesn't read any action. At all.

Don't know the exact frame, or the specifics as to why it was there, but it was a big nuissance. I'm sure Shanus can elaborate on the whole thing if he wants to, considering he removed it.
Which by the way is pure sex that he did.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I gave them the code for it in the WBR, but if you yourselves want to add it now:
Code:
Remove Dead Frame on Jumps [Shanus]
06FC18F8 00000010
00020000 00000000
00020000 00000000
0_o OMG!

Shanus, you are a wizard. No, you're a GOD.

No, you are Frank West

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Dead frame removed?! Amazing!

I'm installing B+ for a friend, and I was wondering:

A. Is there NADT?

B. Which stages have been replaced?

C. Have there been any really major changes since GSH2?

Thanks.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
1. No

2. Rumble Falls is now Wifi Waiting Room

C. Um. Good question, I have no idea what's changed because of the lack of changelists for either set. But from the limited selection of characters I play, they're similar.

shanus

Smash Hero
Best thing about dead frame removal is fox can multishine again without leaving the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom