• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I know it's disjointed, and I know it's way disjointed. but it looks worse in that video than it really is.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well the thing is, if you shorten the horizontal range, you'd be decreasing the vertical range as well, seeing as how the hitboxes are perfect circles.

matt4300

Smash Ace
well the thing is, if you shorten the horizontal range, you'd be decreasing the vertical range as well, seeing as how the hitboxes are perfect circles.
Pretty sure hitboxs can be shifted... Make it smaller then shift it up? that would fix it... but seriously I dought any snake player wants this done ... That and WBR doesnt do a whole lot of nerfing.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
No, leafgreen, he is hitting the foot. Falco throws it out initially, but then he kicks it. Snake hit him while Falco's foot was outstretched (a.k.a when he was kicking it)
Hm... looking at it again... I'm still right about the hand, but I can see I was wrong about the foot. His foot does get placed into the range of snake's ftilt, but it doesn't go any further than his hand does.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to just remove the huge disjointed hitbox and just add 2 or three smaller hitboxes.....hit-spheres?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
you mean utilt? but yeah, snake hits falco's foot, not hand >.>
Well actually I mean his forward up everywhere tilt. Oh wait, that's utilt. =p

Yingyay said:
Would it be possible to just remove the huge disjointed hitbox and just add 2 or three smaller hitboxes.....hit-spheres?
Yeah, we could do that.

edit: Dark Sonic... that is an awesome sig.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
snake hit falco.. falco was not near him, does it doesnt matter if his hand or his foot got broken? it was rediculous : P
the move is broken
so there are plans on a fix? or will be?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If the sig was of Hector, it would only be a few seconds.

First, people (think) they're ambushing him. (He always knows they're coming.)

He lets him attack him once, just so he can laugh in their faces when their blades bounce off of him. Then, HE STRIKES.

Sig over.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Sorry to break up this lovely conversation but I seem to be running into a bug lately.

Right now it's been happening with Toon Link. I haven't tested with Link or Samus or any other character that have optional tethers. But it seems that whenever I try to tether at reasonable range (pretty close to the ledge) for some reason the hookshot acts as if there is no ledge. Now I know the tether rule where you can only do so many before it just nullifies though that isn't the case.

In a fight with a Ganondorf, I had him down to his last life, I clearly knocked him off the stage and when he was coming back, I was gonna edgehog with a tether. I LEAP off of the stage and perform Z-Air while still looking at the stage but the hookshot just LOLZ at the ledge and doesn't attach.

This has happen more than once TODAY. I can recall the same incident several times during matches but it doesn't usually happen more than once per match. Is this implemented or am I going crazy?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Actually the same thing happens to me at random times with sheik. But thats only if im too far from the edge and the tether isnt infinitely long. That or you somehow cancelled the tether by pressing......something?

matt4300

Smash Ace
Sorry to break up this lovely conversation but I seem to be running into a bug lately.

Right now it's been happening with Toon Link. I haven't tested with Link or Samus or any other character that have optional tethers. But it seems that whenever I try to tether at reasonable range (pretty close to the ledge) for some reason the hookshot acts as if there is no ledge. Now I know the tether rule where you can only do so many before it just nullifies though that isn't the case.

In a fight with a Ganondorf, I had him down to his last life, I clearly knocked him off the stage and when he was coming back, I was gonna edgehog with a tether. I LEAP off of the stage and perform Z-Air while still looking at the stage but the hookshot just LOLZ at the ledge and doesn't attach.

This has happen more than once TODAY. I can recall the same incident several times during matches but it doesn't usually happen more than once per match. Is this implemented or am I going crazy?
Your not crazy... this is known. Also it helps to get some forward momentum going... If you have momentum going back it seems to like to not connect

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You weren't too close, were you? They don't work if you're right next to the ledge.

Or maybe that's just my brain saying that because I played Melee the other day..

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The range check for tethers occur the moment you input the tether. If you happen to not be in tether range when you do it, it will whiff the edge when it comes out. This happens a lot if you plan to fall to the tether range of the ledge. Just do it when lower.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
I was pretty much level with the ledge when it happened. It acted like the ledge didn't exist and came out normal just a slight space away even though I know tethered from farther distances where the length of the line is uber long.

And I've tested out the tether cancel and the momentum thing, the results weren't the same as before. Maybe it could be the texture I'm using? o.o

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Link's/TL's tethers are rather notorious for not hitting if you're above the ledge at all. Which is why I'm telling you again to BE LOWER. -All tethers have different ranges of effect.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If the incident happens again I'll record it.

You can now start discussing about Broken Snake again.
OMG Snake is so broke.

He needs to get a job. >=[

Seriously though, Snake can have his range, hes already really gimped by a lot of changes to the physics.

I mean, getting locked by the first hit of his FTilt over and over is no fun, but still, its called spacing.

>__>;
-DD

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So...

D3+ boards might of found an infinite.

I wonder how...?

Oh right. They played the game.

This is why I like D3+ mains. They're not vocal. They dont ***** and whine and complain. They play the game and learn to deal with **** and now they can prove to everyone of you that D3 doesnt suck and shut down anyone who thinks so. <_<

I <3 D3+ mains.

I wish more people would follow their example and just play the game. Yum.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So...

I wonder how...?

This is why I like D3+ mains. They're not vocal. They dont ***** and whine and complain. They play the game and learn to deal with **** and now they can prove to everyone of you that D3 doesnt suck and shut down anyone who thinks so. <_<

I <3 D3+ mains.

o.O If its an infinite...isn't it going to be removed?

*goes to study up*

-DD

matt4300

Smash Ace
So...

I wonder how...?

I <3 D3+ mains.

Thats probley becuase theres like 3 d3 mains and 2 of them dont have internet... Its sad when a zss main has to make the D3 thread...

I'm a Link/bowse/ness/samus main... and I also play D3 a good bit these days. Link, Ness, and bowser are all chars that people get vocal about for a reason... I'm very vocal about ness bowser and link because they do OR did need alot of help... samus and D3 only needed a few tweaks.. so really theres nothing to say about them lol...

Man I must be really tired responding to your post about likeing D3 mains... >_>'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom