• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
hey, just so you guys know, this is not a technical support thread for anything that's not brawl+ related. if you need help with homebrew/cides in general there's a support thread stickied.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey... How is Ike in B+?

Also, the reason I havent played Ike in brawl is because he has no facial hair. I only play manly men with facial hair, or full body hair like DK.
Could you please mod it so Ike has a great big bushy beard?
Thanks.

dusty_fox

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'd just like to say that 4.0 totally rocks! I love it.

One thing though - is there any way to turn off "friendly fire" in team battle?

edit: ah, nevermind. I never knew that there was an option to turn it off/on.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Hey... How is Ike in B+?

Also, the reason I havent played Ike in brawl is because he has no facial hair. I only play manly men with facial hair, or full body hair like DK.
Could you please mod it so Ike has a great big bushy beard?
Thanks.
Adding another skin isn't that difficult, look someone up who does that.

in case you're just joking: lol

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I was only half joking... but its good to know. Where would I find someone who dies skins?

Anyways, how is ike in B+... ya know, just in general.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Ike+ in a nutshell - Even more of a beast on stage, still gets gimped.

Anyone else that has questions about "How is so-and-so" should just check out YouTube.

iLink

Smash Champion
Wait so there's an offline and online set? So I can't just use one code for both like the previous set?

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Wait so there's an offline and online set? So I can't just use one code for both like the previous set?
It's because the Handicap buffer code wasn't fixed in time. The next release will be back to one set.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ike+ in a nutshell - Even more of a beast on stage, still gets gimped.

Anyone else that has questions about "How is so-and-so" should just check out YouTube.
I did.
But there didnt seem to be that many match, and most of them was by a player who kinda sucked.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Anyways, how is ike in B+... ya know, just in general.
Ike's grab game is significantly better; as you might have noticed in that last video that SHeLL linked you to, DThrow combos very well now. You can chaingrab fastfallers at low % and combo into a BAir even if they DI away (you'll have to RAR it). His BThrow is also a chaingrab on most characters at 0%, but it doesn't last very long. FThrow and BThrow both can combo into dash attack more often than they could in Brawl.

If you hit people into the ground with DAir's spike and send them upward, it has a crazy amount of hitlag; even if you hit people at high %, you'll have enough time to jump and UAir them for the kill (like 100 or so on most characters).

All in all, Ike is VERY fun but cannot combo as well as other characters can. BAir is even more amazing since you can use it all you want without worrying about move degeneration.

He still can get gimped pretty hard though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
only the ****
Just because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean others will feel the same; I'm not Japanese and I find it offensive to use that term.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that the OP has been updated since the last time I've actually read it; before, it used to say to refer to some step on how to get Brawl+, but then the step wouldn't exist since it's not allowed to advertise how to get Homebrew anymore. Nice work, Jiangjunizzy.

apostille

Smash Rookie
BRAWL+: The FAQ

Before you begin. "tourney***, play Brawl like it's meant to be played, items, lolfoxfinaldestinationonly" This is for those who lost their interest for Brawl (me). This will definitely keep it alive for those who were looking for competitive play since the first time you heard there was a Super Smash Bros. for the Wii. I'm going to support this project 'cause it's awesome like that. I highly recommend watching some of the videos because there's actually combos. Yes, I said it. Brawl+ has COMBOS.
Anyways, enough of me talking. This is (I hope) GBAtemp's official Brawl+ topic.
Credits go to: Smashboards.com
Search up "Brawl+" on youtube for more updated videos. There are some WiFi Brawl+ videos on youtube too. No desynchronizing! For updated videos using this codeset, I recommend these channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/smk2 http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCape http://www.youtube.com/user/shanus19
Here's a short video of Brawl and Brawl+ comparison - its not much, but its enough to make it a huge difference in terms of gameplay:

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Just because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean others will feel the same; I'm not Japanese and I find it offensive to use that term.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that the OP has been updated since the last time I've actually read it; before, it used to say to refer to some step on how to get Brawl+, but then the step wouldn't exist since it's not allowed to advertise how to get Homebrew anymore. Nice work, Jiangjunizzy.
Oh, sorry, I'm swedish and not that familiar with all the terms, I apologize for my statement :/ I was just thinking of them as "those great guys" when i said ****, like you say Swe's instead of Swedes... Well, swedes are known for *****in', so scratch that idea >.<

I'll just stop saying ****, sry japaneeses!

Edit (yes, I always edit my posts...)

Before you begin. "tourney***, play Brawl like it's meant to be played, items, lolfoxfinaldestinationonly" This is for those who lost their interest for Brawl (me). This will definitely keep it alive for those who were looking for competitive play since the first time you heard there was a Super Smash Bros. for the Wii. I'm going to support this project 'cause it's awesome like that. I highly recommend watching some of the videos because there's actually combos. Yes, I said it. Brawl+ has COMBOS.
Anyways, enough of me talking. This is (I hope) GBAtemp's official Brawl+ topic.
Search up "Brawl+" on youtube for more updated videos. There are some WiFi Brawl+ videos on youtube too. No desynchronizing! For updated videos using this codeset, I recommend these channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/smk2 http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCape http://www.youtube.com/user/shanus19
Here's a short video of Brawl and Brawl+ comparison - its not much, but its enough to make it a huge difference in terms of gameplay:
What's this post doing here? I don't get it o.O

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This site actually censors the word "j.ap." Odd it doesn't censor "****," though. I would avoid using the term if possible.

edit: Awesome, we're getting the ghost page glitch on this thread, now. It shows there as being a 40th page when there are really only 39 (I have it set to 20 posts per page).

cman

Smash Ace
This site actually censors the word "j.ap." Odd it doesn't censor "****," though. I would avoid using the term if possible.

edit: Awesome, we're getting the ghost page glitch on this thread, now. It shows there as being a 40th page when there are really only 39 (I have it set to 20 posts per page).
Wait wait wait. Since when is that offensive?? And why?

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually confused.

I understand that we all have something against wavedashing,

but what is it?
I'm not whining, but legitimately asking—why is the BrawlPlusery against wavedashing?

cman

Smash Ace
I'm actually confused.

I understand that we all have something against wavedashing,

but what is it?
I'm not whining, but legitimately asking—why is the BrawlPlusery against wavedashing?
No one has anything against it. It was a great mechanic in melee, but it doesn't really fit with the brawl engine.

D

Deleted member

What is this you ask?
This. How did it end up here? That, I don't know.

storm92

Smash Ace
No one has anything against it. It was a great mechanic in melee, but it doesn't really fit with the brawl engine.
In addition to the negative effects it had on the overall metagame and how it homogenized movement using mainly WD over any other technique, as it was the best option in almost every situation.

GuyNamedSean

Smash Rookie
In addition to the negative effects it had on the overall metagame and how it homogenized movement using mainly WD over any other technique, as it was the best option in almost every situation.
And if you don't know how to WD, and fight someone who does, you're screwed...

Rexdawn

Smash Rookie
Question.

I don't know if I plan to use every code in Brawl+; I'm just interested in hitstun, overall falling speed, no tripping, no ledge sweetspotting and L-canceling. With just these, would the game be balanced enough?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
COuld someone please explain the two following modifications to me? I really dont get these things....

" - Handicap no longer gives handicap, the value/10 equals your buffer frame window"
" - Custom Character Select Screen"

Huh?

Wumbo

Smash Rookie
COuld someone please explain the two following modifications to me? I really dont get these things....

" - Handicap no longer gives handicap, the value/10 equals your buffer frame window"
" - Custom Character Select Screen"

Huh?
you can personally set your buffer window

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
And for the record, for us lay people.... what the hell does that mean?

Also, the custom character select screen.... Whats that all about.
I dont know... im just lost on both those aspects.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
I think the custom character select screen just means that the code uses a custom character select screen, one with PT, Ivysaur, Charizard, Sheik, Zelda, Zamus, and Samus all being separate characters.

PT plays like normal, whereas Ivysaur doesn't switch out after death or get tired.

EDIT: Also, I'm not too sure how to explain it, but the buffer window modifies, like, i.e.:

If you're ganondorf and want to do an auto-canceled dair (like, Y to instant down c-stick) the window in which you can hit down c-stick is a lot smaller. By setting the buffer window to higher percentages, you can make it so the window is larger, thus the timing easier. Basically, buffering is the ability to execute a move (or, start one) during [the end] of another move. The reason it's there at all (I think) is because Brawl had a very easy buffering system (100% I think) and they wanted to make the executing of moves more timing/skill related. I could be very wrong on that reason though, but that's just what I inferred.

Get it?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
.... not really.

/scratches head.

I get it a little bit more.... but not completely.
Could someone just play it normally and then play it with a 300% "handicap" and tell me what the difference in playstyle is like? What it plays like?

(my SD card reader still hasnt arrived from Ebay yet.)

Revven

FrankerZ
The lower the buffer, the more precise your controls are. The best examples I can give are these two things:

If you are shielding as Ike near the ledge and someone hits your shield and you shield grab, well, due to shield push you get pushed off stage and instead initiate a Nair. From there, you proceed to die like normal.

Wario's Dthrow can be buffered into itself. For example, when you Dthrow, you can press the direction you want to face before the Dthrow is even over and when it is over, it will initiate that next action allowing you to regrab and Dthrow again (rinse and repeat) depending on the character.

Higher buffering allows for sloppy play (but can also be used to one's advantage for some people) and lower buffering allows for more precise controls for those who don't want to do something on accident (i.e Ike Nairing offstage).

Here's the scale:

0% - 0 frames
10% = 1 frame
100% and above = 10 frames (the default)

Play around with the settings and see what you like.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I was wrong (when I inferred the reason...lol). XD It's just there for people to adjust to their own likings?

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Thanks.
I've been wondering that for a while, since I don't touch any settings when I start it up.
I guess I've been playing with zero buffer for a while...
The Brawl+ default is two frames, right? Why not make it default to 20% handicap?

Top Bottom