• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Frown

poekmon
About the +256 lines of code thing:

Put a gct in SD:/Private\Wii\App\RSBP\pf\ with another gct that has the following codes in order in SD:\codes\. It's like the snapshot method only loaded at start up and doesn't need to be encoded. The "File Replacement" code needs to be in the second gct (the one in SD:\Private\Wii\App\RSBP\pf\) else it will conflict with the code loader.

1. Should I make a .gct file out of the codes?
2. If yes, how do I do it?
3. When it is done, should I just drag the .gct file into SD:/Private\Wii\App\RSBP\pf\ and everything will be fine?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
You should ask in the chat...
They will give you two links that will download gct files they will be named RSBP01 or sonething....

these files will be named the same thing, and they have to be named the same thing, one needs to me in your "codes" folder, the other needs to be in your Private\Wii\App\RSBP\pf\ folder.

Ask in chat for the links and make sure you know wchich GCT file is which.

EDIT:
I love ganondorf, I really do.
But I dont want any one aspect of his game to be so good that all ganons play the same way.

Here is what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4XU_NtUcSU

Mite000

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a bit new to Brawl+ and I have a few questions. In the last version I was able to save replays regardless of length, but in the new one it went back to only 3min. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know what happened, and I was wondering if anyone could clear that up for me.

The next thing is the coding that apparently turns off certain things in stages. For example, Luigi's Mansion busts apart as soon as the fight starts. I was wondering if there was a way to turn these things off without effecting the rest. I'm all for competitive zones but if I'm playing on Luigi's Mansion or Wario's place then I'm probably just screwing around anyway.

The last thing is probably beating a dead horse from what I've been following on this forum but unfortunately I still don't quite understand it. This new buffer thing that's placed into the old Handicap zone. I played around with it but I just can't place which is better. 0%, 100% or somewhere in between.

Anyways, thank you in advance to anyone who lends me a hand. I apreciate it. Happy Brawling :)

P.S. Wumbo, I -completely- agree lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey, I'm a bit new to Brawl+ and I have a few questions. In the last version I was able to save replays regardless of length, but in the new one it went back to only 3min. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know what happened, and I was wondering if anyone could clear that up for me.

The next thing is the coding that apparently turns off certain things in stages. For example, Luigi's Mansion busts apart as soon as the fight starts. I was wondering if there was a way to turn these things off without effecting the rest. I'm all for competitive zones but if I'm playing on Luigi's Mansion or Wario's place then I'm probably just screwing around anyway.

The last thing is probably beating a dead horse from what I've been following on this forum but unfortunately I still don't quite understand it. This new buffer thing that's placed into the old Handicap zone. I played around with it but I just can't place which is better. 0%, 100% or somewhere in between.

Anyways, thank you in advance to anyone who lends me a hand. I apreciate it. Happy Brawling :)

P.S. Wumbo, I -completely- agree lol.
1. You can still save longer replays, the icon just isn't there. The reason why we chose this version was because it is more reliable for saving as the one WITH the icon, some times, it would not appear and not allow you to save the replay (i.e mostly long Doubles matches or long Singles matches) and really got in the way. The 1 liner (no icon) goes past this problem but has a problem of its own where the replay speeds up at a certain point if it is too long (mostly with FFAs and Doubles).

2. Take the txt file of Brawl+ and put it through Code Manager and turn the codes off that take care of those stages.

3. Preference, most put it on 20% (2 frames).

Mite000

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the quick response Falco400.

Oh brother, I can't believe I didn't try saving the replays anyway... It worked of course lol. As for the code manager, I'm not sure what the problem is. I have the code manager and what I thought were the codes, but I can't find the specific ones I'm looking for. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I'm using the online code manager with the txt of codes found on this site next to the download.

Also, I tried 20% on the handicap meter and it feels good, but I didn't really notice a difference between that and say 30%. I know the difference has something to do with the amount of frames between moves, but I'm just wondering who decided that 20% is the magic number, or if there is a magic number at all.

Thanks again.

Wumbo

Smash Rookie
Maybe he means that in a good way. Like that Brawl+ is so good that normal brawl isn't even worth playing anymore. Stop being so paranoid guys.
i'd like to think that but he just drive by posted...

so he seems like he stopped by to leave a negative remark.

I think its a positive thing :)

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
i'd like to think that but he just drive by posted...

so he seems like he stopped by to leave a negative remark.

I think its a positive thing :)
It sure is, according to the kick-*** list of progress:

First they ignore you
Then they laught at you
Then they fight you
Then you win

We're already on step 3 ^_^

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
reading about the buffering thing for online kinda scared me; i don't wanna have to switch all these .gcts and stuff all the time. For the 4.1 codelist, can you play it online? and why? whats the difference between 4.0 beta and 4.1?

Almas

Smash Lord
The 4.1 is a trial beta from the IRC. It includes changes to be tested which may or may not be included in the next "official" release (as well as certain previous changes being removed).

I believe it uses newer codes which allow the buffer/handicap thing to work online, provided both players agree on the same buffer.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I continuously wonder of this everyday...why isn't the FAQ stickied? Most of the stickied threads bump themselves up if tidiness is a problem...

I just always wondered why the answer to basic questions regarding the main project in this board is all neatly wrapped in a thread that happens to not be not stickied. @_@

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Question: Is there ever going to be a way for us without modded Wii's to play Brawl+ on our systems? Like through a hacked save or something?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I continuously wonder of this everyday...why isn't the FAQ stickied? Most of the stickied threads bump themselves up if tidiness is a problem...

I just always wondered why the answer to basic questions regarding the main project in this board is all neatly wrapped in a thread that happens to not be not stickied. @_@
i ask about this all the time. i never get a straight answer. i think it's because i made it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wavedashing.
I heard it makes some characters broken.
Is this true?
is this true?
Not really broken per se, just homogenizes movement to just WD'ing for the majority of the cast (Luigi-like WDs all-around). But, Brawl+ doesn't use WD and that's why.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Not really broken per se, just homogenizes movement to just WD'ing for the majority of the cast (Luigi-like WDs all-around). But, Brawl+ doesn't use WD and that's why.
But if you guys can change stats and stuff, why don't just reduce how much each character can wavedash? Besides I heard it was WAAY too much from people who have the wavedash hack in.

storm92

Smash Ace
But if you guys can change stats and stuff, why don't just reduce how much each character can wavedash? Besides I heard it was WAAY too much from people who have the wavedash hack in.
That would require adding friction to all characters, taking away not only specific char uniqueness (such as Luigi slidiness) but also ruin some techs such as DACUS.

5ive

Smash Champion
Yes.
You do.
You need to either Soft Mod or Hard Mod your Wii.
How the hell else do you play burned games on the Wii?
I understood his post as a Wii internally modded.

If you meant soft modded Wii, there is really no way to play Brawl+ if you don't want to install Gecko OS.

I think you meant hard modded Wii though; my mistake if you didn't.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I understood his post as a Wii internally modded.

If you meant soft modded Wii, there is really no way to play Brawl+ if you don't want to install Gecko OS.

I think you meant hard modded Wii though; my mistake if you didn't.
Modding is modding.
If you "Twilight Hack" your wii, thats still modding it. Its just installing software onto your wii. Thats soft modding it.
If you open up your wii and change the hardware, thats "Hard" modding it.

5ive

Smash Champion
Modding is modding.
If you "Twilight Hack" your wii, thats still modding it. Its just installing software onto your wii. Thats soft modding it.
If you open up your wii and change the hardware, thats "Hard" modding it.
Yep, totally aware of that.

GPDP

Smash Ace
That would require adding friction to all characters, taking away not only specific char uniqueness (such as Luigi slidiness) but also ruin some techs such as DACUS.
Technically, a character-specific code for friction already exists, so if we wish to implement it, we could.

Still, wavedashing has no place in Brawl+.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't try it though lol.

BEES

Smash Lord
I find myself SHADing all the time now. With the lower short hop height and faster falling, it's become an extremely useful approach.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Soo..
can you explain why wavedashing has no place in Brawl+?
It would single-handedly shake things up waaaaaaaay too much, and throw the balance we've been building all this time out. Plus, it would require the code be reworked again so as to add landing lag after a wavedash, and it would also require that characters be able to slide off platforms so as to be able to waveland off platforms, which would require another code. It's too much work, would mess with too many things in the project, and it would alienate many players. It's just too foreign a mechanic.

Revven

FrankerZ
You need to either Hard Mod your Wii.?
Wrong. Hard modding it won't get you Brawl+. Brawl+ is just codes modifying Brawl's memory to fit our needs. Hard modding it won't get you the Homebrew Channel, this is what everyone confuses "modding" their Wii with. Just generally saying "modding", puts chills down people's spines. Just say "softmod" next time as you don't hardmod your Wii EVER to get Brawl+.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
so, i have the 4.1 version of the plussery codeset. Should i use it, or switch to kupo's codeset?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wrong. Hard modding it won't get you Brawl+. Brawl+ is just codes modifying Brawl's memory to fit our needs. Hard modding it won't get you the Homebrew Channel, this is what everyone confuses "modding" their Wii with. Just generally saying "modding", puts chills down people's spines. Just say "softmod" next time as you don't hardmod your Wii EVER to get Brawl+.
What?
I'm quite sure if you hard mod your wii you can still get Brawl+. Just burn the ISO or whatever on a dvd, and by hard modding it you can play burned games and still get the homebrew channel.
Its not the best solution, as soft modding is infinitely better, but it still works.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I've hardmodded my Wii. It will NOT (by itself) give you access to Brawl+ or even Gecko OS. Even if you hardmod your Wii, you'll still need to softmod it. The WAY you softmod your Wii can be different if your Wii is already hardmodded, but only under certain restricting circumstances (namely the firmware you have must be 3.3 or below).

Simply put, you need to softmod your Wii for Brawl+ no matter what.

And I agree that Wavedashing would set the Brawl+ scene back a lot by alienating many potential players.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There's no need for Wavedashing.

Wavedashing was a Melee mechanic. This is not Melee. Nor is this Melee 2.0. This is Brawl+.

We're changing some mechanics, sure. But the biggest one we're changing would be the ledges, but the depth addition was worth changing a "Brawl" mechanic.

Besides, non-sweetspotting ledges were in Smash64 as well. And we kept being able to grab ledges.

Other than Hybrid-Air Dodge, there's no way to find a compromise between Melee Air Dodge and Brawl's.

storm92

Smash Ace
are you sure there is enough hitstun in 4.1?
Yes, you'll get used to it after a while.
Try tightening your movements and make sure there's absolutely no wasted time between moves.

Also, some moves simply won't combo because of endlag or such, keep with stuff that is known to combo (see CF Uair combos)

Top Bottom