• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Is there a list of how each character's been changed? (which moves have been buffed/nerfed, etc) I guess I'm talking about priority mostly.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list of how each character's been changed? (which moves have been buffed/nerfed, etc) I guess I'm talking about priority mostly.
I have been asking around for this, and I haven't found one -.-'

This could be a very good tool for making B+ a better game though, since I would allow you to do this:

Let's say I'm wondering "Hey, why's jigglypuffs rest so buffed?", and I check back in the allmighty changelist and it says "because jiggz used to suck, and this rawks", I can go "Ok, fair enough". In case I was wondering "Why was ROB's u-tilt nerfed?", I could go back and read "because we had to remove an infinite". Now I could start thinking "is there another better way to do this?". Then we can keep making B+ a better game instead of just solving all problems by instinct and then moving on which is like building a bridge without double checking everything. It could just crash.

avin-tyshire

Smash Rookie
Uhh... Can anyone tell me how to turn buffering off? Its messin with my ike and other characters as weird as that sounds lololol.

Seriously if that question seems to gay please help me out, first time hacking up my wii for anything lol

Revven

FrankerZ
Handicap = buffering now so just turn up your buffer.

0% = 0 buffering
10% = 1 frame of buffering
100%+ = 10 frames (default)

PyroSpark

Smash Apprentice
Okay I tried to go into the chatroom to ask people how to get brawl+. but my wii froze >_< So can anyone PLEASE PT me with details on how to get brawl+? I'm so sorry for begging. Don't kill me. ;_;

Revven

FrankerZ
IMO I think brawl+ is for people who can't/Refuse to adjust to brawls gameplay speed.
Actually, it's for those who tolerated the speed and gave Brawl a chance for several months and then finally realized how terrible Brawl is as a competitive game. Not even that, it's for everyone who likes a Smash COMPETITIVE game.

PyroSpark

Smash Apprentice
I tried download hoembrew in the past, but I gave up since it was so complicated for me. Does any guide for homebrew/brawl+ explain it easilly on how to obtain?

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
Can we post problems with the new code for fixeys here?
Cause, I loaded 4.0 on the system through the new Gecko, and it apparently feels a hell of a lot worse for me.

The general input (especially movement wise) feels a lot laggier and for some reason I was even plagued with random tripping again! Is this just me, or did anyone else find this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I just downloaded the wrong code set. My bad.

Duurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can we post problems with the new code for fixeys here?
Cause, I loaded 4.0 on the system through the new Gecko, and it apparently feels a hell of a lot worse for me.

The general input (especially movement wise) feels a lot laggier and for some reason I was even plagued with random tripping again! Is this just me, or did anyone else find this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I just downloaded the wrong code set. My bad.

Duurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Turn your buffer up.

0% = 0 frames
10% = 1 frame
100% = 10 frames

WHY don't people KNOW THIS ALREADY!? >_<

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
For some reason loading Deadlands keeps freezing on me on READY TO BRAWL. I'm using the double .gct method, Plussery 4.0 and File Replacement 2.1a for texture hacks. Everything works fine, textures are good and all the codes are working EXCEPT that deadlands is always freezing on me. Is there something I'm missing?

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
Okay, now I have a slight problem.

I got 4.0 along with the new Gecko 1.8 upgrade, and when trying to load the codes it said there were too many (477/425)

I was under the impression that the newest version of Gecko was designed with this in mind, so what's going on?

Almas

Smash Lord
The new version of GeckoOS has the function of a lot more features for Gecko Users, as well as the SD Patching Feature. It doesn't increase the line limit by a significant amount.

The double .gct method is still required at this point in time.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I have the Cstick set to do tilts, that way it makes Utilts faster and eaiser without having to turn tap jump off for DKs grounded upB.

Sometimes, when you use the Cstick too fast after doing another attack, you will jump.
It would be excellent if you guys could fix this in the next version of B+.

But in the meantime, what do you think would be the best buffer range to reduce the chance of a jump when using Cstick to do your tilts?

EDIT:
Also, I actually like the handie Cap system for when I play noobs to make things interesting.
Do you think you could make anything above 100% affect the handie cap system the origional way instead of just the buffer?

Revven

FrankerZ
I have the homebrew channel but I'm kind of worried that I might brick my Wii. Where can I find a good step-by-step guide on how to install Brawl+?
You can't brick your Wii with Homebrew.

Hop onto the Brawl+ IRC later today and I'll help you out.

Top Bottom