• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Help me then! >.<
Oh wait, it seems I am an idiot -.-

But still, what was so wrong with auto-sweetspot? I found it pretty sweet from time to time. Is this to balance the fact the some characters do not have auto-sweetspot?

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh wait, it seems I am an idiot -.-

But still, what was so wrong with auto-sweetspot? I found it pretty sweet from time to time. Is this to balance the fact the some characters do not have auto-sweetspot?
I'm surprised we're still getting questions like these after I answered it in the podcast...

I'm not even going to bother answering it, I'm tired of giving the same answer, isn't it obvious why it's gone? Look at the past two games and their edge games, isn't it clear why it's gone?

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised we're still getting questions like these after I answered it in the podcast...

I'm not even going to bother answering it, I'm tired of giving the same answer, isn't it obvious why it's gone? Look at the past two games and their edge games, isn't it clear why it's gone?
Sorry, but I did not hear about any podcast until now. I'm downloading the first episode while I'm typing, I'm waiting to get some good information :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Sorry, but I did not hear about any podcast until now. I'm downloading the first episode while I'm typing, I'm waiting to get some good information :)
Well, Episode 1 won't really cover your question Episode 2 does but, it's all the same I suppose.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if lag will be at all affected if two + players play one another?

Is there a possibility that someone with lag problems (me) might reduce their lag by playing +?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
In a future patch, would there be a way to make wavelanding/platform dashing/ledgehop WaveLanding possible, but not Wdashing?

I like actually walking for spacing, and tilts, and everything else... but platform dashing/wave landing really did add a whole nother element for me.

Keep up the good work.

Magus_TJ

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I just wanted to say thanks to anyone and everyone who helped make brawl+. You guys have given me a reason to dust off my wii and actually play it. I love brawl+.

Now, I have a couple of questions. I have everything set up to make brawl+ work and I have a couple of problems.

First, sometimes when I play the game will lock up (freeze) during a match and I have to reset the wii and start over again. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Second, Bowsers special doesnt work, he starts to transform into giga bowser and he turns back into normal bowser. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Third, when I perform Samus's special she doesnt turn into zero suit samus, she stays normal samus. Whats up with that?

I have the 3.3 beta codes loaded, I load them through Gecko OS on the homebrew channel. Is there something I missed. I would like to thank anyone in advance who could help me out with these problems.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Samus is supposed to stay Samus. Choose ZSS if you want to be her (hold R).

I don't know about Bowser.

Freezing is an unidentified problem, but it doesn't happen too much.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If you're using items then you can probably expect a few bugs here and there. You've already seen two of them in action - Samus and Bowser both can't use their final smashes properly due to the codes in place. Since brawl+ is supposed to be made to create a competitive game, codes are not often tested with items in play, and when they are, fixing problems found in them is not a high priority. Sometime in the future bugs like this may get fixed, but they are very low on the priority list for codes right now.

Magus_TJ

Smash Rookie
Thanks for explaining that. I usually play with items but now that brawl+ is so awesome I am now playing without items. So, its not a big problem for me.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> Well I don't know what the rest of you are doing to train and mainstream Brawl+, but I played a bunch of rounds of Brawl+ with one of the top players in CT, and he absolutely loves it, and is in full support of hosting/playing in a Brawl+ tournament, so we may very well be holding one in the near future.

^__^ Yayyy~

Also, what are the chances of there being a disc launcher channel just for Brawl+ :3? That would make things pretty sweet~

-DD

Revven

FrankerZ
>_> Well I don't know what the rest of you are doing to train and mainstream Brawl+, but I played a bunch of rounds of Brawl+ with one of the top players in CT, and he absolutely loves it, and is in full support of hosting/playing in a Brawl+ tournament, so we may very well be holding one in the near future.

^__^ Yayyy~

Also, what are the chances of there being a disc launcher channel just for Brawl+ :3? That would make things pretty sweet~

-DD
You sir, are such win. Let us know what develops and link to the thread if he hosts a tourney. :)

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Uhm, guys, I just joined the brigade, and I clicked the link:

"JOIN THE BRAWL+ BRIDGADE!"

I think the spelling should be fixed <.<

Oh, and to say something interesting, I'm wondering if someone out there other than me into this project is Swedish?

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Soft or hardmodded wii? Quick and painless?
Anyone???

Is this going to make my load times slower/ mess up my Wii Shop Channel and destroy all my Virtual Console games? I understand this essentially prevents you from updating your system, not that Nintendo has ever released a decent firmware update, switching the monopoly of firmware updates to the hackers and not Nintendo...I'm not sure who exactly will have my best interest at heart.

Since my Wii is no longer under warranty (I think, purchased it 1/15/07, and did that whole registration thing) Nintendo wouldn't fix it anyway so this voiding the warranty would have absolutely no affect on me, correct?

The legal issues look pretty shady...can anyone clear up my misconceptions?

And wouldn't I have to purchase additional hardware such as the USB Gecko( which is no longer in stock mind you) to make it worthwhile? How much did you guys pay for your USB Gecko?

I've been wanting to go the Homebrew route ever since the DS launched but have had a few issues, in case you were wondering. lol

Arcade

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what you mean by making it worthwhile but all you need play B+ is Twilight Princess, an SD card, and a computer that can read SD cards.

Installing HBC and B+ was quite quick and painless. I softmodded my Wii.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Homebrew only requires a softmod. Not a hard mod.

It will not increase load times. It will not mess up your wii shop channel. It will not destroy all your virtual console games.

Furthermore, firmware updates are essentially worthless for anything except hurting your ability to use homebrew. Read here why: http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-will-never-get-any-better/

Installing homebrew violates the EULA for the wii. Then again, so do third party controllers. Homebrew and brawl+ are both perfectly legal, though, and you won't get into any trouble with lawsuits or whatever for it.

And as Arcade stated, in order to play brawl+, all you need is twilight princess to install the homebrew channel, an sd card, and a computer that can read sd cards.

omikami

Smash Rookie
I'm in PAL land and can't get the codes to work. Gecko OS 1.07 loads the codes fine but the game crashes after you select a stage. Anyone with PAL Brawl who has Brawl+ working? I want to know whether the codes are causing the crash or if it's me :p

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
oh really cause i've been hearing a lot stuff about 3.4 or something like that but i guess it's in my head. I'm guessing 3.3 is the brawlplusery codeset right? If so then I got that.

Will 4.0 have it's own thread here in the workshop? and when do you expect it to be released?

Revven

FrankerZ
Will 4.0 have it's own thread here in the workshop? and when do you expect it to be released?
4.0 will eventually be updated in the same thread 3.3 is currently in. I have no idea when it will be released as constant changes are being made to it daily. I'd say some time next week but, I could be very wrong as anything can change from today to then.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
4.0 will eventually be updated in the same thread 3.3 is currently in. I have no idea when it will be released as constant changes are being made to it daily. I'd say some time next week but, I could be very wrong as anything can change from today to then.
As a non hacker, is there anything I (or we I don't know) can do to help?

Revven

FrankerZ
Please give more input for the game's development Omniswell! It'd be cool to have you frequent the IRC haha and stuff.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Well I do have somthing to say about the Ice Climbers, and that is once nana is away from popo she usuallly dies, and its harder to get grabs. which makes them less gay?

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
I'm very sorry if this question as been anwsered already in this forum (also sorry for if this is posted in the wrong thread) but can anyone please tell or PM me what exactly you need to do after you have installed the HBC on your WII??:urg:

Thank you very in advance:)

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Is there anything similar to a tier list set up for Brawl+ yet? Or is it assumed that all characters are generally balanced?

I just want to know what characters are having any actual problems in development.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I think some guy on the IRC is constantly updating the codesets EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Yes, they kind of do o.O

I'm very sorry if this question as been anwsered already in this forum (also sorry for if this is posted in the wrong thread) but can anyone please tell or PM me what exactly you need to do after you have installed the HBC on your WII??:urg:

Thank you very in advance:)
Just enter the IRC, everyone there's too nice. You'll find a very good video in there too, and they can help in case it won't work for some reason.

Where is the complete list of currently available features?
There's a changelist when you download later versions, but that's just the difference from the previous versions. Someone's gonna have to sum everything up I think.

Is there anything similar to a tier list set up for Brawl+ yet? Or is it assumed that all characters are generally balanced?

I just want to know what characters are having any actual problems in development.
Too early to predict any tiers, way too early. The plussery-set is constantly updated. However I think, after hangin' in the IRC for a week, it seems that 4.0 is gonna be a quite throughly updated version and that we might be playing 4.0 for a while. Maybe some characters might stand out more than others as we keep playing. The goal is of course to ballance everything, at least that's how I understood it.

I know for sure though that currently C. Falcon, DK and MK are good. I've seen some pretty wicked Lucario too.

Wumbo

Smash Rookie
ive had like 20 B+ parties with my friends and we are very happy with the near balanced game.

If theres anyone we debate about being OP it is still kinda metaknight, and sometimes fox but not nearly as much anymore.

We also feel that fox's uptilt and sheiks ftilt are too easy to combo with.

We don't really complain about anyone being OP but we do sometimes feel that some characters are UP like Twilight Link Yoshi and Ivysaur...

someone please smack some sense into me if im wrong hahaha

storm92

Smash Ace
If theres anyone we debate about being OP it is still kinda metaknight, and sometimes fox but not nearly as much anymore.
MK has been pretty well nerfed with the 4.0 codeset, but with these he's still a great character. The thing is, he was built to be a top tier char, so it's hard to kill that. Right now he's definitely up there among the best.

We also feel that fox's uptilt and sheiks ftilt are too easy to combo with.
Fox's Utilt only really connects two or three times before you can SDI. Sheik's Ftilt has also been fixed in 4.0, I suggest you try it out.

We don't really complain about anyone being OP but we do sometimes feel that some characters are UP like Twilight Link Yoshi and Ivysaur...
Link and Yoshi, iirc, are both being worked on but are already much better than were before.
Ivysaur is plenty fine, he's a complete beast on-stage, can combo well, and the improved Razor Leaf is very SHL-like.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
I've made the switch to Brawl+, I hope I can see much more on it, otherwise, no matter how fun it is, it won't make much of a point.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I've made the switch to Brawl+, I hope I can see much more on it, otherwise, no matter how fun it is, it won't make much of a point.

WRONG!

It wont make much of a point to YOU maybe, but to me and most likely others it makes MUCH OF A POINT!

Brawl+ ballances the game, makes it funnier, makes the choice "I'll just play as my favourite character" a much more viable one (AT LAST!), owns, rocks and wins.

Top Bottom