• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I figured this would be where to post this:

Seriously, I have doubted the progress of brawl+, since I thought that all it would do in the end would be to make MK more **** than he is now. I was wrong, and I am currently loving what i see :D

Why I'm posting now is just because I noticed something that we have been complaining about for a while, and that it isn't yet in Brawl+: Fox's lasers. I think their range is too short, and I know other people have been complaining about this too. I mean, isn't falco's laser's range infinite?

Don't know, just feel like posting. I can't wait for a game that's actually ballanced, that would be totally awesome :).

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Okay so I know how to do the twilight hack and get the homebrew channel up and running, but then how do I get Brawl+?

Almas

Smash Lord
Once homebrew is set up, merely put GeckoOS (www.usbgecko.com) into your SD card folder under /apps/GeckoOS. Then put a .gct file (for example, the one from the BrawlPlusery thread) into /codes/. Then just load up Brawl through the Homebrew channel.

storm92

Smash Ace
ahhh i'm going to play this game today! i'm so excited :mad:
but why were jab locks taken out?

:094:
Jab locks are dumb when you have real combos, plus the fact that there's such an oversight in a game shows poor design. When a character misses one tech and you can carry them all the way across the stage using one move...that's oversight. Don't be confused with combos, which can use things such as CF Nair across the stage, as the opponent has the ability to try to escape from these with DI, possible ADs, jumps, etc.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Jab locks are dumb when you have real combos, plus the fact that there's such an oversight in a game shows poor design. When a character misses one tech and you can carry them all the way across the stage using one move...that's oversight. Don't be confused with combos, which can use things such as CF Nair across the stage, as the opponent has the ability to try to escape from these with DI, possible ADs, jumps, etc.
ooh thats understandable. . . i cant wait to play it. i'm downloading the homebrew channel as i'm writing this!!

:094:

Subach

Smash Apprentice
13) Help! I updated my Wii! What do I do?

Please refer to the link in question 10.
There seems to be no link in question 10. What risks do I run with running homebrew? What can it do to my system and what should I do to prevent it?

Also, thank you for making what appears to be a simply beautiful mod, this truly IS Brawl as it should be, in my humble opinion.

Also, how has Samus changed with this mod?
Does anyone actually play with the unaltered code-set online?

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Question: After I get it, how do I get the updates? Do I just go back to gecko?

4Serial

Smash Lord
auto l cancel is basically having your aerial attacks' landing lag cut in half automatically for you.
it's not the same as auto canceling. auto canceling is having your aerial animation end before you land so there's no lag.
so yeah, it's l canceling with out having to press l or r

Almas

Smash Lord
Discussion of softmodding your wii is against this Board's rules. Such information is easily accessible elsewhere.

Once you have set the homebrew channel up, this board will be able to guide you on setting up Brawl codes.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Why is auto-sweetspotted ledges out, and is there a list of all the things that have been added and why somewhere?

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Do you need a code manager to turn off the buffering code? Why is it there?

Are you guys planning on getting your own site?

matt4300

Smash Ace
Do you need a code manager to turn off the buffering code? Why is it there?

Are you guys planning on getting your own site?
Yes, you need a code manager to turn off any code. Its there because more people in the broom like it than don't. Hopefully in the future there will be a code that uses the handicap gauge as a buffer gauge...

We have our own site, but im not sure I can link it on the forums. I will pm it to ya.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
is there any code I could use to settle "crouch or down" in the "L" button? I Want to make easier the crouch canceling because at some moments (for example if you want to run away -> crouch cancel-> use tilt in the opposite direction) is not that easy... If there IS a code ... could you give it to me?? xD
Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing [spunit262]
211973CC 7CC6F82E
051973CC 38C20060
05197468 38620060
05197574 38820060
05197680 38E20060
051976B4 38620060
051978CC 38E20060
065A9380 0000000A
00010203 04050A0B
0C0D0000 00000000
E0000000 80008000

Hacked by Y.S. For NTSC-J, ported by spunit262.

There seems to be no link in question 10. What risks do I run with running homebrew? What can it do to my system and what should I do to prevent it?

Also, thank you for making what appears to be a simply beautiful mod, this truly IS Brawl as it should be, in my humble opinion.

Also, how has Samus changed with this mod?
Does anyone actually play with the unaltered code-set online?
Specifically for Samus:

Code:
Chara	ID	SH	FH	FF	DGrav	Grav	Filler
Samus	3	0.900	1.025	1.300	1.175	1.000	0
These are multipliers to the regular Brawl values (short hop, full hop/double jump, fastfall speed, downgravity, and gravity; filler is unused space)

Many people do play with the codeset. You can come to our chat to request an online match or if you have any questions pertaining to Brawl+
http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus

Question: After I get it, how do I get the updates? Do I just go back to gecko?
If you want to know how to update your codeset, simply save the .gct file to your sd card and replace the old one with it. To update gecko, download it from www.usbgecko.com and, again, replace the old file with it

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Another Question: When it says copy the homebrew that you want and rename it to boot.elf or boot.dol, do I copy the .gct file from the pullsery?

Edit- Got past that, but when i'm trying to copy the hack from my SD card to my wii console it says could not be copied. Anyone know how to fix this?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Another Question: When it says copy the homebrew that you want and rename it to boot.elf or boot.dol, do I copy the .gct file from the pullsery?

Edit- Got past that, but when i'm trying to copy the hack from my SD card to my wii console it says could not be copied. Anyone know how to fix this?
I don't think we can talk about this in the forums anymore. You will have a PM shortly, though.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'm recieving your 3rd PM now I think...

Edit-Now your fourth one should be coming soon...

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Once homebrew is set up, merely put GeckoOS (www.usbgecko.com) into your SD card folder under /apps/GeckoOS. Then put a .gct file (for example, the one from the BrawlPlusery thread) into /codes/. Then just load up Brawl through the Homebrew channel.
Uh, I don't have a GeckoOS file under apps.

Nevermind, SHeLL is helping me out.

DestroyerIX

Smash Rookie
hmm evertime I start a map in brawl+ my wii crashes ( got PALWii and PAL Brawl and use GeckoOS)

DQP

Smash Ace
one question:

i have a app on the homebrew channel called code downloader that downloads txt code files onto the sd card. are any of the b+ codes on there that you know of?

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
=/ tbh I think auto L cancel should be taken out

ANy random nub could get good because of it

There should just be regular L canceling D:

Revven

FrankerZ

And any random person who takes time to learn how to L-Canceling takes no real skill. Regular L-Canceling isn't really tech skill, it's a reflex, muscle memory. Remember when you first got Brawl and were already trying to L-Cancel even though you knew it wasn't in? That's your muscle memory/reflex going right there, assuming because it's the same game the same mechanics apply (obviously that was not the case).

Manual L-Canceling provides no depth to the game at all, all it adds is a reflex that anyone can master. The main reason it's not in is because you'll never want to miss an L-Cancel, it's a given you're going to want to L-Cancel all the time and never intentionally miss (and it's easy as hell to learn, seriously).

MLC isn't coming into B+, sorry.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I never played much Melee, so I think it would just be an unnecessary hurdle for people like me. The reason I like Brawl+ is because the input is still like Brawl (you're allowed to walk forward because you don't have a superior wavedash), but it has a competitive feel.

storm92

Smash Ace

In addition to what Falco400 said, the skill comes from being able to use the LC'd aerial to your advantage with a follow up and combo, because no random nub can randomly come out and start comboing you simply because they don't have as much lag on landing.

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
I have joined it ;3

that Ganon vid was pretty hardcore o.O

I'm interested to see how one can exploit Brawl+

Hopefully they keep them (the good ones) in future codeset updates

Top Bottom