• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
With Madworld coming out, I might have to update my wii to the newest firmware. I think I'm on 2.3 and will be upgrading to 2.4. Assuming I downloaded and ran the newest gecko OS and homebrew channel will I be able to just allow my Wii to upgrade, or should I delete my Homebrew channel when I first play Madworld to avoid a bricking.

zxeon

Smash Lord
You probably won't need to update. You should first see if the game boots through Gecko OS and if it doesn't do a search online or ask me. I should be able to lend you a hand.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
So... I noticed a "Stage Freezer" code on a few Brawl+ matches. Could someone please (explain/link to an explanation of) this code?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
With Madworld coming out, I might have to update my wii to the newest firmware. I think I'm on 2.3 and will be upgrading to 2.4. Assuming I downloaded and ran the newest gecko OS and homebrew channel will I be able to just allow my Wii to upgrade, or should I delete my Homebrew channel when I first play Madworld to avoid a bricking.
Patch your console to avoid auto disc updates.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
thanks leaf.

here is an interesting question

"why does my wii sound like its chewing dirt sometimes?"

my wii used to be quiet as hell, the last few weeks it's been really noisy but it didn't scratch my disks or anything, yesterday I put brawl in and IT WON'T LOAD. I looked at the disk, it's spotless, my wii will play any other game but not brawl :( I fear whatever made the disk drive noisy means something is loose in there or something or for some reason it can't read dual layer disks!

needless to say I'm none too happy, I'm gonna call Nintendo and see if I can have it repaired pronto.

kupo15

Smash Hero
my wii used to be quiet as hell, the last few weeks it's been really noisy but it didn't scratch my disks or anything, yesterday I put brawl in and IT WON'T LOAD. I looked at the disk, it's spotless, my wii will play any other game but not brawl :( I fear whatever made the disk drive noisy means something is loose in there or something or for some reason it can't read dual layer disks!

needless to say I'm none too happy, I'm gonna call Nintendo and see if I can have it repaired pronto.
I think you are a victim of this

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameDiscs.jsp#wont_play

kupo15

Smash Hero
thanks a lot, hopefully this will resolve my wii being loud as hell also. I just submitted the form so things should be taken care of shortly.
It should be fixed in 1 week and its completely free and they don't upgrade your wii. I would suggest taking off HBC. I had this done to my wii. In fact, use this whenever your wii is broken. My friend's wii dropped from the dresser onto concrete and broke, used this and it was fixed for free. Lifetime warranty on behalf of Nintendo's mistake FTW

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Most of the important / talkative types moved to the backroom = dead forums. Yay.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
can you select where in the stage? for example the Sunshine stage lands in several areas. can you make it stop in the marketplace?
At the moment, no. With character balancing at the forefront, we probably wont get back to that code for a while, but it's one of the things I think we should look into.

gamegeek27

Smash Rookie
I see it as just codes like back in the SNES days. These codes are nothing different than action replay and game genie. The only difference is it's fan made, so it's not fair to slap the ugly label of hacks on it IMO.
and its free

gamegeek27

Smash Rookie
At the moment, no. With character balancing at the forefront, we probably wont get back to that code for a while, but it's one of the things I think we should look into.
oh and btw, i think the stage reversing is great. could you please reverse rainbow cruise and pirate ship?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Reversed Rainbow Cruise is bad. It's just the ship and you can reach those two platforms in the top corner. I know Rainbow Cruise might not be everyone's favorite stage, but it makes a good counterpick. That being said, ask in the hack support topic or somewhere else and I'm sure someone will give you the stage freezing code to make your own choices for friendlies.

Also, Pirate Ship is only a problem because of the bombs. No bombs = a fine stage.

Almas

Smash Lord
It was just working off a whim based on knowledge of another code. I'm not sure if I could plug the holes. Or if I'd want to. I could try, I guess.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@ Almas: I'd just like to say I don't think you should've closed the Smash 64 thread. this section is called the smash workshop not the Brawl+ workshop.

It's all about hacking not JUST Brawl+. I'm thinking about making a thread trying to make Brawl like street fighter. I have a lot of cool ideas and it'd would be a really fun mod. Would you close that too?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
@ Almas: I'd just like to say I don't think you should've closed the Smash 64 thread. this section is called the smash workshop not the Brawl+ workshop.

It's all about hacking not JUST Brawl+. I'm thinking about making a thread trying to make Brawl like street fighter. I have a lot of cool ideas and it'd would be a really fun mod. Would you close that too?
the thread was a joke haha

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The Brawl 64,000 "ageda" thread was a joke thread by Jiang, who was satirically criticizing someone else, rightfully or not, for removing features of Brawl for the sake of recreating 64. The thread was closed for this reason (it was mocking the creator of 64,000), not because of the content.

Have faith in Almas.

Edit: beaten to the punch 2x

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
quick question:

i remember hearing that there's a code that changes the brawl CPUs from being defense-oriented, to a more offensive AI structure. I've tried searching for more info on this with no avail.

does it exist?

Revven

FrankerZ
quick question:

i remember hearing that there's a code that changes the brawl CPUs from being defense-oriented, to a more offensive AI structure. I've tried searching for more info on this with no avail.

does it exist?
No, the B+ codes just make the CPUs adjust better to the changes as if they were MADE for them. For example, Mr. G&W on Lv. 9 with B+ codes will become an edgeguarding ***** (there are youtube videos, you should watch them) and a few other CPU characters become better because of the codes. But, there isn't a single code that makes the CPU AI better.

storm92

Smash Ace
No, the B+ codes just make the CPUs adjust better to the changes as if they were MADE for them. For example, Mr. G&W on Lv. 9 with B+ codes will become an edgeguarding ***** (there are youtube videos, you should watch them) and a few other CPU characters become better because of the codes. But, there isn't a single code that makes the CPU AI better.
Yeah, like Pikachu QA'ing into an edgehog, or CF combo'ing me into an off-stage knee...
My CPUs play scarily similar to me :laugh:

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
I tried downloading the most recent code, only to find that the download site is down. Is it broken or just going through maintenance?

Almas

Smash Lord
The hosting I'm using at the moment is free and bad.

I currently have quite a few things on my plate (schoolwork is a pain, especially when I'm expected to do stuff that I don't even need to do to get into the university of my choice), but at some point in the future I'll be moving to a more professional hosting service, with a proper domain name.

EDIT: 616 posts D: the number of the devil.

B!squick

Smash Master
I did the Twilight thing where you load the game and talk to the guy. The screen went black with the white text and whatnot and I'm following the prompts, then this popped up:

I'm running under IOS34 12.15
You have Wii System Menu version 385 (v24 USA) installed.
The Homebrew Channel has only been tested with
Wii System Menu 354 (v22) and below.
Press ACCEPT to continue at your own risk or CANCEL to abort.

Should I be concerned? Or just hit accept?

shanus

Smash Hero
Hit accept. Just keep pressing the 1 button on your wiimote. Enjoy Brawl+!

shanus

Smash Hero
So then I just pop in Brawl and start up the Homebrew? This is first time I've ever hacked, lol.
Yes sir, just put the latest codeset (from the brawl plussery thread) into your SD card folder (codes folder) and boot up Brawl through the homebrew channel (gecko os)

B!squick

Smash Master
Yes sir, just put the latest codeset (from the brawl plussery thread) into your SD card folder (codes folder) and boot up Brawl through the homebrew channel (gecko os)
In the text file that's already there or make a new one?

EDIT: Lol, nevermind. I read it again. I don't know how I missed it saying "it goes here."

shanus

Smash Hero
In the text file that's already there or make a new one?

EDIT: Lol, nevermind. I read it again. I don't know how I missed it saying "it goes here."
You need to use a .gct file. If you don't know how to make one, there should be a file in the OP of the Plussery thread to download. If the sites down, I can give you a link to a download source.

Top Bottom