• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Okay I'm having a problem. The code manager on the Wii does not work. It just gives me a black screen and I can't do anything from there.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Try booting from Gecko.

Load it up, make sure it is reading for Ocarina, then load up the game.
How do I launch it through Gecko? All I can do is launch game, which just launches Smash (which is in).
No GC memory cards are in, BTW. I do have a few GC controllers in, though.

Revven

FrankerZ
How do I launch it through Gecko? All I can do is launch game, which just launches Smash (which is in).
No GC memory cards are in, BTW. I do have a few GC controllers in, though.
You know that you need to make a folder called "codes" in your SD Card and put the .gct you want to use in that folder right? That's how Gecko OS boots the codes, it reads a file on your SD Card and if it doesn't find it says "No SD Codes found." And if it does find them it says "Found SD Codes, Applying List." So, download a code set, put the .gct in the folder "codes" and boot from Gecko and the codes will be applied.

I dunno WHY you guys have been using the Wii Code Manager. =\

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You know that you need to make a folder called "codes" in your SD Card and put the .gct you want to use in that folder right? That's how Gecko OS boots the codes, it reads a file on your SD Card and if it doesn't find it says "No SD Codes found." And if it does find them it says "Found SD Codes, Applying List." So, download a code set, put the .gct in the folder "codes" and boot from Gecko and the codes will be applied.

I dunno WHY you guys have been using the Wii Code Manager. =\
Right, all that works fine. The problem is I can't change which codes I want on, or which code set I want on. It won't let me delete anything off the SD card either.

Revven

FrankerZ
Right, all that works fine. The problem is I can't change which codes I want on, or which code set I want on. It won't let me delete anything off the SD card either.
Well, yeah... because you're supposed to do all that on the computer. (Deleting the codes from the text file and then making the .gct with the PC Code Manager etc. etc.)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, yeah... because you're supposed to do all that on the computer. (Deleting the codes from the text file and then making the .gct with the PC Code Manager etc. etc.)
Which I did. I did it all through PC. But now I can't go back and change which codes I want. It does not let me delete any codes off the SD card, and I cannot change which ones are on, as far as I know.

Revven

FrankerZ
Which I did. I did it all through PC. But now I can't go back and change which codes I want. It does not let me delete any codes off the SD card, and I cannot change which ones are on, as far as I know.
No, no no you're not understanding me. Drop the Wii code manager and just do everything with the PC and load it up from Gecko OS. Stop. Using. The. Wii. Code. Manager. It sucks. It gives more problems than it does save time.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
No, no no you're not understanding me. Drop the Wii code manager and just do everything with the PC and load it up from Gecko OS. Stop. Using. The. Wii. Code. Manager. It sucks. It gives more problems than it does save time.
I'm not using the Wii code manager. I cannot use the Wii code manager. It does not let me use the Wii code manager. The Wii code manager does not do anything for me. Upon activating the Wii code manager on my Wii, through the Homebrew channel, nothing happens.

Again, using the PC to upload my codes, I now cannot change which ones I have already uploaded. I uploaded three sets, and I'm guessing it's only using one. It's not letting me change which set I'm using, or which codes in the set I am using. Again, this is all through the PC and Gecko OS.

I am not using Wii code manager.
The amount of Wii code managers I am using is zero.

:dizzy: :laugh:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So... you can't get the PC code manager to work? Is that what I'm hearing? I don't understand what your problem is... The GCT needs to be labeled RSBE01.gct. If it isn't, then it isn't going to be read on the wii.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So... you can't get the PC code manager to work? Is that what I'm hearing? I don't understand what your problem is... The GCT needs to be labeled RSBE01.gct. If it isn't, then it isn't going to be read on the wii.
I guess so. The point is I cannot adjust which codes are on. I'm trying to just activate unlimited replay time and no tripping, and everything just stays on. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, it's labeled correctly.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
if all you're using is no tripping and inf replay, then this thread is not for you to ask for help with tech support. use the homebrew installation thread for help if you don't intend on using brawl+ codes.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
if all you're using is no tripping and inf replay, then this thread is not for you to ask for help with tech support. use the homebrew installation thread for help if you don't intend on using brawl+ codes.
Well I've been using Brawl+ codes, and I'd like to know why I cannot switch between Brawl+ and just infinite replay+no tripping. Again, the problem is I cannot change which codes are on, or which set is on.
I have no problems with installation, everything is on and working (other than Wii code manager, which I shouldn't use anyway, apparently, so that's no problem).

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay... NOW I know your problem.

You can only use ONE gct per game, so you need to have only ONE on your SD. When you want to change, you need to use the PC code manager (this means, deleting the old gct from the SD and putting the new one on it).

You can't have three different gcts, only one...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Okay... NOW I know your problem.

You can only use ONE gct per game, so you need to have only ONE on your SD. When you want to change, you need to use the PC code manager (this means, deleting the old gct from the SD and putting the new one on it).

You can't have three different gcts, only one...
If only it'd let me delete it off the SD card :dizzy:
I guess that's a problem with my SD card, I'll try to figure out how to fix that. Says it's write-protected.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So then it won't let you change out your codeset at all then? Your sd card might be locked. Most sd cards have a switch on them that locks them, disabling you from writing to them. You should check to make sure it's in the unlocked position.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So then it won't let you change out your codeset at all then? Your sd card might be locked. Most sd cards have a switch on them that locks them, disabling you from writing to them. You should check to make sure it's in the unlocked position.
Yup, that was it. Thanks for the help, even if it was just me being dumb :laugh:
Thanks for allowing me to waste all of your time :p

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Melee Air Dodge isnt in the official set and probably wont be ever.

Ledge sweetspot sometimes works. If you hit something or play Lucario, Ness, or Lucas you have it.
You should know that it is because people in the Brawl+ community don't like it. That's why it and HAD won't really be focused on to be possibly improved.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just recently found out about brawl+ and am pretty addicted to it. I was wondering however what the consensus is coming to be on fixing both the jab lock and chain throwing. At least, hopefully we can all agree that chain throwing is something that should be fixed, as it doesn't add any excitement to the game, and hardly takes any skill at all to accomplish.

In short, I was just wondering how the coders were planning on fixing these 2 problems.

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey, I just recently found out about brawl+ and am pretty addicted to it. I was wondering however what the consensus is coming to be on fixing both the jab lock and chain throwing. At least, hopefully we can all agree that chain throwing is something that should be fixed, as it doesn't add any excitement to the game, and hardly takes any skill at all to accomplish.

In short, I was just wondering how the coders were planning on fixing these 2 problems.
If you've been playing B+ with hitstun you'd realize that both DDD's and Falco's CGs are gone. We plan to fix/remove jab/laser locks if it is within our power to do so (be it through fixing the tech window or fixing that bounce animation). Check the code agenda thread to see what we have planned.

storm92

Smash Ace
If you've been playing B+ with hitstun you'd realize that both DDD's and Falco's CGs are gone. We plan to fix/remove jab/laser locks if it is within our power to do so (be it through fixing the tech window or fixing that bounce animation). Check the code agenda thread to see what we have planned.
I played 3.1 yesterday and Falco's CG was back.
I think I heard this on another thread as well.

Revven

FrankerZ
I played 3.1 yesterday and Falco's CG was back.
I think I heard this on another thread as well.
No, it's not back. The Falco can only regrab floaties up to three times, other than that, the character either gets pushed back like before or they float up in front of Falco unable to be regrabbed and instead, set up for a Utilt or DACUS. The CG is not back, the only way it would be is if hitstun was even lower than it was before.

I did these tests on Ness and Jigglypuff, the two floatiest AFAIK in Beta 3.1 and tested on Ike which it also did not allow for a regrab.

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
i'm looking at the code agenda, and I'm not quite figuring out the jargon.

-Shield during DD?
-Scar Jumping?
-ASM conversions (i'm assuming this is more to do with the lower level technical aspect of coding)?

I guess I'm just not in the loop -.-

Almas

Smash Lord
You can't activate a shield during the initial dash animation, so you can't shield while dashdancing. Some people want this.

Scarjumping is the name given to a feature where you would be able to walljump off the same wall twice in a row. Usually, you must perform an action (such as an attack) before you can walljump off the same wall again.

Loosely speaking, codes fall into two subtypes. One of them uses the GeckoOS code handler, which has it's own set of instructions and functions. The other primarily uses Assembly Line code - the same language which the Wii uses. Assembly codes are harder to construct or modify, but are significantly more line efficient because of the way they modify the game.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Usually, you must perform an action (such as an attack) before you can walljump off the same wall again.
Are you talking about actual wall jump mechanics in melee? Because in brawl you can wall jump the same wall unless you wall jump another wall or wait for a timer to run out which we of course want removed

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to spread this thing out locally haha. Some people have just been playing brawl for too long though. They're too used to its mechanics -.- I almost feel sorry for them and the boring game play they will be stuck with haha. I was watching melee vids the other night and noticed the comparison in excitement. Within 1 minute 30 seconds, 4 stocks were lost in an intense battle between ken and bombsoldier. In that same amount of time during a brawl match between M2K and some other dude, one stock had JUST been lost. A game of tag just doesn't keep me interested sadly enough.

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
I had a quick question about Lucas' up-B. Every once in a while when I'm trying to grab the ledge, I simply ricochet off the ledge to my death. I can't seem to find the pattern as to when this might/might not occur, so I was wondering if either you guys could tell me, or if you could code a fix in -.-

Lucas' recovery just requires a lot of precision, that's all. Very difficult on some stages (FD, for one). Not as difficult as Diddy's, but still difficult.

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
Yeah, FD was definitely one I encountered that problem a lot. I didn't know Diddy had the same problem though. Thanks for the help.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... sorry if this is asked a lot, but is there ANY WAY AT ALL for you to restore Jigglypuff's Rest to its former glory?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Hmmm... sorry if this is asked a lot, but is there ANY WAY AT ALL for you to restore Jigglypuff's Rest to its former glory?
That would require a code that edits the knockback a move does, which we do not have yet.

Also...

kupo said:
Are you talking about actual wall jump mechanics in melee? Because in brawl you can't wall jump the same wall unless you wall jump another wall or wait for a timer to run out which we of course want removed
Fix'd. Typos suck.

I heard that data for Mewtwo was included into SSBB, but was never properly finished for all the physics and stuff like that. Might you guys be working on including additional characters that were all left out, but you still have a template to work around with?

Top Bottom