• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

cba

Smash Master
peachy...dont spend time arguing with trash, this is about a game and you could 3 stock them anyway.
sorry to tell you this but brawl is brawl, you want WD and L-cancelling? then go back to melee.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
I do not agree with Brawl+ at all. It's SSBB. Play it like SSBB.

Either pick Melee or Brawl, don't try to fuse them. It doesn't work and it just seems desperate.

You might as well make codes to take out Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, King DeDeDe, Olimar, Lucario, ROB, Toon Link and Wolf and then make codes to put in Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario.

Play the game as it is.

Revven

FrankerZ
peachy...dont spend time arguing with trash, this is about a game and you could 3 stock them anyway.
sorry to tell you this but brawl is brawl, you want WD and L-cancelling? then go back to melee.
Nice topic but, I still don't gree with Auto L-Cancel. It should be manual L-Cancel.
MLC already exists but, the timing is too weird to be used (Brawl's gravity with Melee's timing =/= good). ALC VS. MLC has been debated almost as much as BAD (Brawl Air Dodge) VS. MAD and in the end, it was mostly agreed that ALC was the preferred option. You can use MLC if you want, after all the code set hasn't been finalized and won't be for a few more months (lots of playtesting has to be done after all).

zxeon

Smash Lord
I do not agree with Brawl+ at all. It's SSBB. Play it like SSBB.

Either pick Melee or Brawl, don't try to fuse them. It doesn't work and it just seems desperate.

You might as well make codes to take out Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, King DeDeDe, Olimar, Lucario, ROB, Toon Link and Wolf and then make codes to put in Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario.

Play the game as it is.
This is a thread for asking questions not voicing your opinion. You two will be reported for trolling this thread.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Tornadith, you obviously know nothing about Brawl+. I made sure to call this project "Brawl+" back when it was still being called Melee 2.0 by the haters to help people realize that we aren't simply adding wavedashing and L-canceling. It's much more than that.

Besides, this topic isn't about Brawl vs Brawl+, it's to help people learn what Brawl+ is all about, which you obviously aren't doing.

Same goes for cba, and you've got a lot of balls to call zxeon trash, considering he's also one of the original and most-knowledgeable people about Brawl+. It's kind of funny, sticking up for the one who calls herself a debater even though she openly disregards completely valid statements coming from someone who is obviously more knowledgeable than her on the subject. Also omfgzgrrlgamer lol

Edit: It seems my good friend Falco400 beat me to this! :p

But I digress. I apologize for continuing the off-topicness.

I really like this topic, I wish it could be stickied. :p I can't wait to see a finished code list so I can start getting back into this.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
If you somehow think that rep or a title on a message board can somehow validate how silly you present your posts then you are very mistaken.

Just sayin.

And hooray for Brawl+.
♥First off, silly is subjective. (hopefully you know what that means.)

♥Secondly... oh wait... there really isn't anything else needed to be said! ;)

♥Now, any post after this that is a "rude" remark after this will be seen by the mods. I'll make sure of it.^__^

Biinii

Smash Apprentice
MLC already exists but, the timing is too weird to be used (Brawl's gravity with Melee's timing =/= good). ALC VS. MLC has been debated almost as much as BAD (Brawl Air Dodge) VS. MAD and in the end, it was mostly agreed that ALC was the preferred option. You can use MLC if you want, after all the code set hasn't been finalized and won't be for a few more months (lots of playtesting has to be done after all).
In my case, I play with whichever rules are the ones of the standard tournaments. I have some oppinions, though, I'd really like to see these rules as s tournament standard. I got to adapt, even if I don't like it that much but still, I'll stand for what I prefer.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I updated my wii (I think it was for GH:WT) is there any way I could get around this yet?
Chances are if this was an update from the disc, it didn't affect anything, maybe just installed drivers for the GH Instruments. Unless, however you DID install Nintendo's 3.4 update. There are ways around this, you can check my tutorial thread for answers, but I don't think this is the place to discuss.

MuBa

Smash Lord
all that is summarized to: ZOMG IS A NEWOOB

i didnt even read it.
If you don't like the project and have absolutely NOTHING good to contribute, then DON'T post over here. It's simple as that. Your pathetic opinion does NOT matter to us. Enjoy being reported. Go play Vanilla Brawl or Stone Age Melee.

Anyways there should be more questions we should think about to add to the FAQ such as...

Why not play Melee or play the game as it is?

or

OH NOEZ! I updated my Wii like a moron and want to play Brawl+! Oh what shall I do? (Even though this is more of a HBC issue)

Revven

FrankerZ
I updated my wii (I think it was for GH:WT) is there any way I could get around this yet?
If it's 3.4, yes. If it's 3.3v2 (Oct. 23rd update), yes. Just download the appropriate Twilight Hack for your Wii version and Homebrew Channel version (the latest one) and you're good to go.

Edit: Here's a good question! Kind of a funny one that could be added, maybe? >_>;

Q: Why do Brawl+ers call "Brawl", vanilla Brawl?

A:

I actually don't know the answer. :p

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, sorry if this wasn't the right place to discuss. :dizzy:

Also thanks for organizing everything here, I hope to see this project continue!

cba

Smash Master
Same goes for cba, and you've got a lot of balls to call zxeon trash, considering he's also one of the original and most-knowledgeable people about Brawl+.
i dont need to have "Balls" to call someone trash.
look at thr bold part. he has knowledge in Brawl +.
brawl + isnt a game by my standards.

and im not arguing, im just defending peachy cause its not fair for ppl to bash her like that.

MuBa

Smash Lord
i dont need to have "Balls" to call someone trash.
look at thr bold part. he has knowledge in Brawl +.
brawl + isnt a game by my standards.

and im not arguing, im just defending peachy cause its not fair for ppl to bash her like that.

Again dude...stop posting. If Brawl+ is NOT a game by your standards or you consider it like a homunculus then so be it. This thread is about getting knowledge about Brawl+, not what your opinion is like or who you are defending. Peachy gave her opinion about Brawl+ being a crime because we are using HACKS. Nintendo does not care about the Ocarina/GeckoOS part of the channel, it's the ability to install VC games and play Emulator/Backups for free which we are NOT doing! All we're doing is using a Gameshark-esque type of program to make the game that will fit our needs as a competitive success.

This game is being made by people who knows how to play a Smash Bros. game and being tested by multiple people unlike Sakurai, who did the whole testing/frame right by HIMSELF.

Seriously...if Nintendo can release a Gameshark or Action Replay for the Wii (Also being able to add/make your own codes) then I'd say Brawl+ will have a better chance against the idiots who consider this as a HACK (since people are too stupid and/or lazy to softmod their Wii).

cba

Smash Master
kk. but i lold at your sig but not as much as the first time i saw it.and your post was actually the smartest one ive seen in this thread.

voomm

Smash Apprentice
leave peachy alone everyone has there own opinion and on topic nice combo vid osi :)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Edit: Here's a good question! Kind of a funny one that could be added, maybe? >_>;

Q: Why do Brawl+ers call "Brawl", vanilla Brawl?

A:

I actually don't know the answer. :p
In any modded game, the original is often referred to as "Vanilla," in that it is basic and traditional.

MuBa

Smash Lord
"Vanilla" was more or less termed in many card games that have basic stats with no other "Effect" or "Special Ability" that have lines of text describing what they do, and usually they aren't considered good cards. I'm going to use Yu-Gi-Oh! as a reference to what I'm talking about:

This Archfiend Soldier card right here has nothing but a 1900/1500 ATK and DEF stat with a little description of him. Average card at best.

Here's a Dark Armed Dragon with a GREAT effect that makes this card very good to use.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Nice topic but, I still don't gree with Auto L-Cancel. It should be manual L-Cancel.
Well put it in this context. Manual l canceling takes up at least 20 more lines of code than auto l cancel and it does the exact same thing. We are constricted by lines and we can't make personal choices like this if it bumps other important codes away...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

This... is... an insult. This entire thread is an insult. The first post... was amazing. It covered exactly what it needed to. Jiang did a great job on it. But then... Every. Single. Post. Screwed it up. When I saw this thread had jumped from 1 page to 4 pages in the matter of a day, I knew it wouldn't be good, but this is just disgraceful. This thread isn't supposed to be about if you think brawl+ is a good game or not... it's supposed to be about introducing people to brawl+ and letting them make their own decision from there. If you don't like it... you don't need to post.

This is just really... frustrating. This thread was not set up to argue over what brawl+ is or is not or should or should not be. It's just supposed to serve as an informational post. If people really want to argue about this, why can't they do so in one of the other brawl+ threads?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace

This... is... an insult. This entire thread is an insult. The first post... was amazing. It covered exactly what it needed to. Jiang did a great job on it. But then... Every. Single. Post. Screwed it up. When I saw this thread had jumped from 1 page to 4 pages in the matter of a day, I knew it wouldn't be good, but this is just disgraceful. This thread isn't supposed to be about if you think brawl+ is a good game or not... it's supposed to be about introducing people to brawl+ and letting them make their own decision from there. If you don't like it... you don't need to post.

This is just really... frustrating. This thread was not set up to argue over what brawl+ is or is not or should or should not be. It's just supposed to serve as an informational post. If people really want to argue about this, why can't they do so in one of the other brawl+ threads?
Well said.

Almas

Smash Lord
Vanilla is considered to be the 'plain' version of things - I've definitely seen the term used before. In CnC Generals, each race had several 'sub-races' that changed it slightly. Playing as one of these had their own name, or playing as the pure race was playing 'vanilla XXX'.

Osi

Smash Ace
It is also called vanilla on retail versions of FPS's. Once a mod version comes out they normally call the original version vanilla.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

It's A FAQ.

Not AN FAQ.

A is for consonant sounds, an is for vowel sounds.

:mad:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wrong it's "an" just like in: an honor, an hour, and an X-ray.

Don't troll this topic unless you want to be reported even if it was kind of funny.
It's not trolling, it's a correction. :ohwell:

And anyways, Awnur, Owur, and Ehcksray are all vowel sounds.

It's possible because of the pronounciation. The F is pronounced Eff.
Similar to: an FBI agent.
Ah, I see, I jumped on the pronunciation of FACK, not EFF A CUE.

Still sounds wrong... but I suppose it's technically alright.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Good thread here. Shame that mess happened in the first 4 pages.

I guess I'll leave a question: How far has Brawl+ advanced in the last 2 weeks? I've been away...

D

Deleted member

not too much, stuff has been ported to PAL, not really any new codes, though the discussion on hitstun is aiming for 9-10% rather than 11.75

kupo15

Smash Hero
Good thread here. Shame that mess happened in the first 4 pages.

I guess I'll leave a question: How far has Brawl+ advanced in the last 2 weeks? I've been away...
not too much, stuff has been ported to PAL, not really any new codes, though the discussion on hitstun is aiming for 9-10% rather than 11.75
yep pretty much. Although, I can't see any code affecting hitstun more than the two hitlag codes. So maybe that number might go down..it probably will

D

Deleted member

I don't know is there is much room left for hitlag fixes after the shieldstun code.
you must remember that hitlag is a very minor point to fix, while shieldstun definetly is not. even shield degeneration/regeneration are more important

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well, we can always combine codes to save lines. And if worst comes to worst, we'll take off the stage freeze code.

D

Deleted member

yeah but discussion on that comes later, first we need to decide what would be nice to have then decide what would have to stay in once we tested all stuff

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't know is there is much room left for hitlag fixes after the shieldstun code.
you must remember that hitlag is a very minor point to fix, while shieldstun definetly is not. even shield degeneration/regeneration are more important
Actually, hitlag fixes is very important. It is the reason why DI is skillful. Instead of combos being performed by connecting moves together from perfect DI, you should be able to mindgame wrong DIs which really isn't possible right now. Also, things like falcon's knee should be able to combo but because of the fake hitlag and the long hitlag, you cant. People can literally see what you are hitting them with to DI accordingly when it should not be this way.

I have seen spunits halfway done shield stun code and it is only 7 lines right now. I would be happy to take off lagless ledges for the two hitlag fixes. In fact, I believe the lagless ledges will be around 10 lines anyway if a code is made that merely speeds up the grabbing animation instead of overwriting all of these actions like PW did.

Hitlag is very important to the excitement of the game and the combo game since you won't have these random .5 sec slow impacts. It will also make teching easier since things will flow better.

Top Bottom