• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

D

Deleted member

teching should be made easier anyway in my opinion since the game gets pretty fast anyway

kupo15

Smash Hero
Maybe it should. I mean as soon as I switched to the GC controller from the nunchuck, my techingg was way better and now I don't think the teching window is a problem and I thin the hitlag codes will naturally make it easier as well as improving the pace and flow of the game which is severely lacking.

terry12312

Smash Rookie
How and where do I get homebrew and brawl+ to my wii? I have no idea what update version I have but I have updated recently. I have an SD card and a twilight princess save on it but I have no idea where to get any of the other requirements without my wii memory being destroyed.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
After playing it a couple times im going to wait til this whole project is finished to decide if i want to convert or not. I mean it does have good intentions. I would kill to have brawl become a actual competitive game. But as of now it just don't seem to flow as smooth as normal brawl.

I am keep no tripping and longer replays though. lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You don't have to "convert." You're always able to switch between Brawl and Brawl+.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Tornadith, you obviously know nothing about Brawl+. I made sure to call this project "Brawl+" back when it was still being called Melee 2.0 by the haters to help people realize that we aren't simply adding wavedashing and L-canceling. It's much more than that.

Besides, this topic isn't about Brawl vs Brawl+, it's to help people learn what Brawl+ is all about, which you obviously aren't doing.
Sorry for voicing my opinion.

storm92

Smash Ace
How and where do I get homebrew and brawl+ to my wii? I have no idea what update version I have but I have updated recently. I have an SD card and a twilight princess save on it but I have no idea where to get any of the other requirements without my wii memory being destroyed.
Also the thread here, it is linked in the OP and tells you how to install everything.

Wow, the first four pages were a mess.
Thread was derailed.
And zxeon, I think this again is one of the very few times we agree on something, even if it was a nice argument of 4 pages. ._.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
i don't really see how it is Brawl+ without melee air dodge system. I have played with it since i started playing brawl+ and it was great. Then updated once and it felt much smoother and just right. The only thing i wish is if you could wavedash off a ledge. J/w, is no one working on a shine cancel for fox and perhaps falco? Dont know much but i cant see that taking too much space... i am not even a fox player and i think he desperately could use it

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
i don't really see how it is Brawl+ without melee air dodge system. I have played with it since i started playing brawl+ and it was great. Then updated once and it felt much smoother and just right. The only thing i wish is if you could wavedash off a ledge. J/w, is no one working on a shine cancel for fox and perhaps falco? Dont know much but i cant see that taking too much space... i am not even a fox player and i think he desperately could use it
Put simply, this is not melee 2.0. This is brawl+. The point is to make brawl into a more competitive smash game. Not to make it more like melee.

Fox is already plenty good with hitstun. He doesn't need to be able to jc his shine again. Besides, we're trying to make small global changes that make a big impact. Not a bunch of little character specific changes.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Put simply, this is not melee 2.0. This is brawl+. The point is to make brawl into a more competitive smash game. Not to make it more like melee.

Fox is already plenty good with hitstun. He doesn't need to be able to jc his shine again. Besides, we're trying to make small global changes that make a big impact. Not a bunch of little character specific changes.
ok. but with all the"fun codes" out, u would think JC would be one of them. And i think melee dodge should remain, since hitstuns wont be going to the ssb64 level. Wavedash is major competitive, and thinking of the viewers of smash, tourny hosters, and people who went back to melee, they would probably like the addition of WD >.>

Osi

Smash Ace
Wavedashing was discussed a ton on the agenda thread about 10-20 pages back from where it is now. While it adds some speed and options the fact it stacks makes it take less skill to use well. You can cancel out any movements with another wavedash instead of having to use proper angle adjustments ahead of time like melee WD had.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
ok. but with all the"fun codes" out, u would think JC would be one of them. And i think melee dodge should remain, since hitstuns wont be going to the ssb64 level. Wavedash is major competitive, and thinking of the viewers of smash, tourny hosters, and people who went back to melee, they would probably like the addition of WD >.>
If it makes you feel any better, Fox can shine -> dash -> shine at low to mid percents.

megachao24

Smash Cadet
Since this a FAQ thread, I guess this question is the best place to say it:

How much does Brawl+ benefit each character thus far? I do know it's far too early to ask such a question, but I am intrested in what the changes and potental gain/loss ratio players have found so far.

I apolgize for such a heavy question, but the videos I've seen so far have piqued my intrest.

zxeon

Smash Lord

How much does Brawl+ benefit each character thus far? I do know it's far too early to ask such a question, but I am intrested in what the changes and potental gain/loss ratio players have found so far.

I apolgize for such a heavy question, but the videos I've seen so far have piqued my intrest.
I don't know the answer to your question but mull this over. Captain Falcon is a candidate for high tier and in the hands of someone truly capable he's almost too good and I'm not trying to be cute by saying "too good" that's just the truth. Peach is also pretty good and metaknight is still broken but he can be comboed now.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Well, a ton of low and mid tier characters become viable. So far, it seems few characters didn't receive an improvement, and I think the only character that wasn't already good that got worse was probably bowser. He just can't combo very well while being a combo magnet for other characters. MK becomes more broken than he is already, so he may or may not be receiving the banhammer after all is said and done. If you want to know about specific characters, feel free to ask, but really... just about everyone gets better. It's a matter of how much better they get relative to each other that we're not entirely sure on yet.

kupo15

Smash Hero

I cant speak for all characters but from what I have seen thus far, all the characters benefit and the game is much more balanced. What have you seen that you didn't like? Remember, you can chose the codes you want to play with.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
MAD in its current form will probably not make it into the final codeset. If someone could refine the code though...

megachao24

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen so far...

Meta-Knight stills remained top dog.

But characters who needed vast appovements like Captain Falcon and Samus can finally take on the comp without much worry.

I am concerned about Sonic's current status so to speak. There's seems lillte footage of him, and I am wondering if he got worse like Bowser upon the hack.

kupo15

Smash Hero

But characters who needed vast appovements like Captain Falcon and Samus can finally take on the comp without much worry.

I am concerned about Sonic's current status so to speak. There's seems lillte footage of him, and I am wondering if he got worse like Bowser upon the hack.
sonic got better..much better

zxeon

Smash Lord

Sonic is just fine. No one really uses him that much so there isn't that much data on him. You should do some sonic testing for yourself to satisfy your curiosity. Do you want to know more about Captian Falcon? We have heaps of data on him.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman

From what i have tested:

C.Falcon: great. Can combo out of grab, multiple knee combo options. I imagine him hard to use still since i came here maining falcon.
Ganon: Even with S cancel not too great, only thing that provides good HS is his Dair and not much to KO from that combo.
Link: Pretty hard. U would think he would have more HS, but he does have some boomerang combos. Stun on his chain is pretty good, i imagine someone like Izaw would play phenomenal. For others, low tier
Samus: Well, with melee air dodge he is amazing, since you have a lot more aim with his Zair. Can chain it some. It is harder than it looks and sounds though, but still puts samus higher.
Fox: combos are limited. the drill/grab is now gaurenteed if placed right, but his only combos will have u racing to get a dash attack on the opponent before he gets up.
Falco: Great, lovely stun on direct dair on ground. U will have plenty of time to hit them while they are flying.
Donkey Kong:Lovely, just lovely
Shiek: good, can't picture her anymore without wavedash

ill leave it at that unless u have anything character specific

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If I can, I'll try and get some sonic footage next time I play with my crew. My friend mains sonic, so there should be plenty. Sonic is very good now, and hitstun was probably the best thing that could've happened to him.

storm92

Smash Ace
Have you used Fox with hitstun and ALC?
He's top tier, he definitely does not need a shine cancel.

Also, we're not turning Brawl into Melee 2.0. We've discussed MAD.

EDIT: Just saw your last post.
Fox's combos are limited?!
...what?
He has among the most in the game right now.

kupo15

Smash Hero
From what i have tested:

C.Falcon: great. Can combo out of grab, multiple knee combo options. I imagine him hard to use still since i came here maining falcon.
Ganon: Even with S cancel not too great, only thing that provides good HS is his Dair and not much to KO from that combo.
Link: Pretty hard. U would think he would have more HS, but he does have some boomerang combos. Stun on his chain is pretty good, i imagine someone like Izaw would play phenomenal. For others, low tier
Samus: Well, with melee air dodge he is amazing, since you have a lot more aim with his Zair. Can chain it some. It is harder than it looks and sounds though, but still puts samus higher.
Fox: combos are limited. the drill/grab is now gaurenteed if placed right, but his only combos will have u racing to get a dash attack on the opponent before he gets up.
Falco: Great, lovely stun on direct dair on ground. U will have plenty of time to hit them while they are flying.
Donkey Kong:Lovely, just lovely
Shiek: good, can't picture her anymore without wavedash

ill leave it at that unless u have anything character specific
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRChvPf3vt0&feature=channel_page

Dont ever say ganon isn't good :laugh:

zxeon

Smash Lord
Sure thing! Would love to see what he gained at least.
I knew you couldn't resist, no one can resist the Cap. If your opponent DIs wrong you can chain grab with your dthrow and at around 60%-80% if you can predict your opponents DI you can dthrow>Fair death knee and that only scratches the surface.

storm92

Smash Ace
I knew you couldn't resist, no one can resist the Cap. If your opponent DIs wrong you can chain grab with your dthrow and at around 60%-80% if you can predict your opponents DI you can dthrow>Fair death knee and that only scratches the surface.
Seriously haha, he has a lot of combos back from Melee, like Dair-->Nair-->Nair-->Fair.
There's a lot of potential for CF.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
your crazy....I like to see you do better...w/e
i never said the players werent good. I am saying ganon isnt very good.............. geez. Plus, i am guessing u were the CF, and the first half u weren't doing as hot

Edit for clarification: GANONDORF, the character, could be better

kupo15

Smash Hero
i never said the players werent good. I am saying ganon isnt very good.............. geez. Plus, i am guessing u were the CF, and the first half u weren't doing as hot

just a bad assumption. Ganon is good but if you say so. You can look at it two ways..me not doing well or he doing excellent... or both..Ill pick the latter. :laugh:

Ganon can do better by having a faster jab.

storm92

Smash Ace
You're actually underestimating Ganon quite a bit.
He's much more like his Melee counterpart now, because with hitstun he can actually throw a few moves together for a combo (which gets opponents to high % quick, close to killing range) but is a large, slow target that is easily comboable.

storm92

Smash Ace
It is much more balanced, as you said except for Bowser and MK.
The top tiers seem to have fell a bit, as DDD, Snake, and Falco are all pretty easy to combo due to weight, fall speeds, and for DDD/Snake their size.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Ganon is actually fairly good in brawl+, I'd say. He gets combo'd easier than others, but once he gets the momentum, you're gonna be hurting. The ALC code helps him play faster than he could have otherwise, and hitstun gives him the ability to really dish out a punishment now. Seriously, it's not hard for ganon to score some 40-60% damage once he gets a hit in, and if the ganon player reads you well, you probably won't get more than two chances in a stock. Ganon's attacks typically launch you high enough that if you do airdodge the followup, you can usually still be hit before getting away.

Sure, there's no way he'll make top tier, but he's definitely made it out of bottom. Trust me. I know what he's capable of, having been on both the delivering and receiving ends of ganon's punishment game.

Top Bottom