• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker v1.0 [WinXP/Vista only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
THIS TOOL IS NOW OBSOLETE! PLEASE USE THE LATEST VERSION OF DANTARION'S BRSTM GUI!

I wrote a program out of my spare time to make a BRSTM maker based off of Androu's tool.

If you're getting a 50-second-long song whenever playing, then you're doing it wrong. When it asks to open the WAV in your favorite audio editor, that is when you're supposed to split/modify the WAV's, not before you open the Custom Song Maker program.

Do you miss specifying loop points like in Androu1's program? In the tools folder, open startendpoint.txt. Set to 0 for automatic, or 1 for manual.

Pre-made Codes with File Patch:
- Download GCT
- Download TXT
- Contains:
--- Infinite Replays
--- Save Tags In Replays v3
--- Default Settings Modifier (thanks to EX Brawl)
--- File Patch Code v3.5.1
--- Unrestricted Pause/Replay Camera
--- Custom CSS (thanks to Brawl+)
--- Colored Shields (thanks to Brawl+)

Changelist

v1.0
- My real final version. I don't plan on adding or editing any more unless for bug fixes
- Added sound effects to the first menu
- Added more Subspace Emissary music to the stage/song list
- Moved Continue and Game Over to the Sound Effect menu
- Final cleanups to the PHP files and batch files

v0.9
- Still not my final version. One last thing I have yet to do: add in sound effects, and other things for v1.0. This program is no longer beta
- You can now specify start/end points manually.
- Added in R.O.B's missing victory theme (thanks to c00kiemonster).
- Moved "length.exe" and "monocheck.exe" to tools where it should've been originally.
- Added Continue and Game Over to victory theme list, even though its not a victory theme

v0.8
- Again I lied. This isn't the final version. I still have bug fixes to attend to in v0.9, this is just a temp.
- Gives you a warning if you're saving a Stereo WAV in place of a Mono WAV (DSP encoder can't read this)
- Attempted to clean up code in the batch file; converted to EXE
- After converting a song, will return to main menu instead of directly exiting

v0.7
- Fixed HomeRun Contest and Stage Builder so that it wouldn't return you to the main menu or tell you "invalid song".

v0.6
- Uses an EXE installer instead of manually unzipping it. Will now save to a folder inside the Desktop.
- Added victory themes into the program; these will not loop. Thanks to Drynster for providing me with the BRSTM for this!
- Added Subspace Emissary music as an option.
- This lasted for about 2 minutes before I caught a typo (see above)

v0.5
- You don't need to open length.txt anymore -- the program gets the end point for you.

v0.4
- Updated "tools" folder with Androu1's tools from the link Jose gave me (thx!)
- On first run, will now put perl58.dll along w/ the other 2 in c:\windows\system32
- Added HomeRun Contest and Stage Builder into "Brawl Main Menu".

v0.3
- On first run, will now put dsptool.dll and dsptoolD.dll in C:\windows\system32
- Fixed Bridge of Eldin glitch where it'd say 'Forest' is not a valid program blah blah
- Fixed Rumble Falls so that, if you make ANY selection, it goes to Stereo/Mono selection instead of Bridge of Eldin
- Merged a lot of files into two directories ("system", deleted after first run, and "tools")
- The program will let you know if you have selected an invalid option when picking a song, and will return to main menu
- Now an option to save directly to the BRSTM folder instead of directly to the SD card.

v0.2
- Added in "Hit Enter to Exit" irony, after creating BRSTM (thx Jose)
- Added in WiFi Waiting Room under Brawl Main Menu
- Added in Target Smash under Brawl main menu
- Fixed a typo under one of the menu's

v0.1
- First Release

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?njmmozyzihh (v1.0)
-
Installation Instructions: Install the EXE, go into "customsongmaker" on your Desktop, double click Start.

Simple How-to Video with Audacity: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AKDdd1jmv4M

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Yep, you replace one file for Mono, and two files for Stereo.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Umm...so when the program outputs a .wav file, you...I don't get it...D: I feel pretty dumb

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Ok i get it...how would i go about adding in custom music for the wifi waiting room stage?

EDIT: so, simple version of music hack:

1) Pick song to replace
2) delete song in audio editor, and replace with new WAV file
3) Look at the 'length.txt' file for teh original song, and copy-paste the 'sample' number when the program asks you to
4) Watch the program move the new file to your SD Card...if you dont have an SD Card in teh computer at the time, then what?

EDITEDIT: Here's the situation: With UTD Zac's loader, if one person has replaced a song with another song, and that song gets loaded online, that person will disconnect from the match. Is it possible that one could get around that by using this program to replace songs in Brawl with other songs? More importantly, will this code cause me to disconnect if I've changed a song and that song gets loaded when I play online?
Also, if I want to replace Song B, which has replaced Song A, a Brawl original, would I still use Song A's BRSTM to replace Song B with Song C, or would I use Song B's BRSTM?

TRIPLEEDIT: Why is only song C12 in the OriginalSongs folder?
Also, can you add the wifi waiting room song (its code is 26FF) to the program?
One more thing: would it be possible to make the stage lists end in A-B-C-D-E instead of 10-11-12-13-14, just to save an input?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Umm...so when the program outputs a .wav file, you...I don't get it...D: I feel pretty dumb
If you follow the video, you get an MP3 file, open it with Audacity, and follow the stuff that is in the video (overwriting L and R etc)

Ok i get it...how would i go about adding in custom music for the wifi waiting room stage?

EDIT: so, simple version of music hack:

1) Pick song to replace
2) delete song in audio editor, and replace with new WAV file
3) Look at the 'length.txt' file for teh original song, and copy-paste the 'sample' number when the program asks you to
4) Watch the program move the new file to your SD Card...if you dont have an SD Card in teh computer at the time, then what?

EDITEDIT: Here's the situation: With UTD Zac's loader, if one person has replaced a song with another song, and that song gets loaded online, that person will disconnect from the match. Is it possible that one could get around that by using this program to replace songs in Brawl with other songs? More importantly, will this code cause me to disconnect if I've changed a song and that song gets loaded when I play online?
Also, if I want to replace Song B, which has replaced Song A, a Brawl original, would I still use Song A's BRSTM to replace Song B with Song C, or would I use Song B's BRSTM?
If you used UTD Zac's loader, use the My Music reset codes, which are in some other thread idk which

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I make my songs loop? O_o
It's automatic

TRIPLEEDIT: Why is only song C12 in the OriginalSongs folder?
Also, can you add the wifi waiting room song (its code is 26FF) to the program?
One more thing: would it be possible to make the stage lists end in A-B-C-D-E instead of 10-11-12-13-14, just to save an input?
C12 is there because that's the raw brstm to decompile, so you can replace it and recompile to put in Brawl. What people don't realize is that you can use the same brstm and produce something different lol

I'll be sure to add the WiFi waiting room in the version tomorrow, as well as saving elsewhere other than the SD card.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
This shizzle is awesome

I see you even fixed the messed up "lenthg" txt file that Androu1's tool gave out. Everything is perfect. It even sends the new Brstm to the proper directory.

Just one measly suggestion to make it perfect. When the file is finished being sent to the proper directory, there should be something that says "Press Enter to close the converter", or something like that. That way, people know right away that the conversion and transfer has been completed. Also, I would love it more if it had not only the stage music IDs, but some custom sound IDs as well. I'll send you the complete track list by PM.

Overall, great work man. I will be tossing out my old Androu1 Tool Folder for this XD

EDIT: Actually, I uploaded the Complete Track List a while ago. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X06EOXTJ

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
code this in Mono for mac support pleaseee
I don't have a Mac :( I'm not even sure if there are any tools for Mac available.

EDIT: Actually, I uploaded the Complete Track List a while ago. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X06EOXTJ
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

I based my track list off of bobson's post in the separate BRSTM hacking tool; although his post was a month or two ago.

EDIT 2: OK, apparently Megaupload wasn't available for that 5 seconds LOL I'm downloading now

shanus

Smash Hero
I don't have a Mac :( I'm not even sure if there are any tools for Mac available.

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

I based my track list off of bobson's post in the separate BRSTM hacking tool; although his post was a month or two ago.

EDIT 2: OK, apparently Megaupload wasn't available for that 5 seconds LOL I'm downloading now
Mono = .net framework. Works as a .exe which can be launched on a mac. The BrawlPlusTweaker made by Shortfuse uses it

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Mono = .net framework. Works as a .exe which can be launched on a mac. The BrawlPlusTweaker made by Shortfuse uses it
That's an idea, except I'm not sure any of the Rev-B tools that I have are compatible with Mac or Linux... (I'm talking about the ones hard-coded for Windows...not sure if darwine works w/ it or not)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Custom Song Maker v0.2 released

- Put in "Hit enter to exit" as suggested by Jose Gallardo
- Put in the WiFi Waiting Room as well as Target Smash (under Brawl Main Menu)

Things yet to do:

- Save BRSTM to another location rather than directly to SD (if using ftpii or another way to write to SD)
- Make it so that the program finds the length automatically, without typing it in manually
- Custom sound ID's

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey man thanks for this. During the last step of the compiling, the cmd says the music has been put in the proper directory of the storage device. Where exactly is it putting the new songs? Would it be in privat/wii/app/RSBE/sound/ ? or something? Thanks for the info though. I and many others appreciate this. You're just too awesome to be dubbed a human.

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Hey man thanks for this. During the last step of the compiling, the cmd says the music has been put in the proper directory of the storage device. Where exactly is it putting the new songs?
The new Brstm is stored in:

SD:\Private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\[BRSTM IS STORED IN HERE]

Also, thanks for the update. Maybe its because I'm sleepy, but I found the "Press ENTER to EXIT" ironically funny. Its like, you must enter to exit :psycho:

Either that, or I'm just too happy with this App :chuckle:

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
The new Brstm is stored in:

SD:\Private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm\[BRSTM IS STORED IN HERE]

Also, thanks for the update. Maybe its because I'm sleepy, but I found the "Press ENTER to EXIT" ironically funny. Its like, you must enter to exit :psycho:

Either that, or I'm just too happy with this App :chuckle:
Haha nice! Dude I asked once before. Who exactly is that person on your profile picture. I just want to know who she is or what anime or whatnot. Thanks a hoot mate.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
i tried it with two versions of the same song. the original files, were a high quality mp3, and a low quality mp3. the low quality version worked perfectly. the high quality one gave me a different song. it was like some wierd fast paced piano song. anybody else get a problem like me yet?

just find it odd how the same song, 1 being high in quality, the other being low in quality makes two different outputs. i'll try it some more later tomorrow.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Haha nice! Dude I asked once before. Who exactly is that person on your profile picture. I just want to know who she is or what anime or whatnot. Thanks a hoot mate.
That's Saki from some Japanese quiz game and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It's a recolor for her in TvC.

Anyway, great work TC and Phantom Wings for making this process so much easier. :D

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Just curious, the songs sound kinda quiet ingame. Is there some way to make sure you have it at a good volume when you edit the soundclip? I'm not sure at what volume level the game's gonna play it.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Okay I was very excited for this program. Stayed up all night making songs. Now I try it out on my wii and the texture code works. The only problem is the music and the background. I saw Jose Gallardo's video on youtube and he has these cool backgrounds and plenty of costumes for his characters. Anyone know how I can get that many and get the music to work? Thanks.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Do I understand this right that you can use other music that isn´t in brawl in certain stages like the DL64 song?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so im a bit ignorant to the diff of mono and stereo. Does it matter which one I choose? o.o Sorry if this is dumb lol.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Ok, so im a bit ignorant to the diff of mono and stereo. Does it matter which one I choose? o.o Sorry if this is dumb lol.
Stereo can play differently in one speaker than the other (as in more loudly in one than the other) and so has higher quality. It's usually especially noticeable with headphones. Mono sounds the same in both and has lower quality, but a lower file size.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Stereo can play differently in one speaker than the other (as in more loudly in one than the other) and so has higher quality. It's usually especially noticeable with headphones. Mono sounds the same in both and has lower quality, but a lower file size.
Ah, ok thanks! I think im going to go with the smaller size just to avoid any problems.

Revven

FrankerZ
A lot of everyone's questions are answered in my guide that's stickied at the top, you know... including on how to get the volume right.

Also yes please get a Mac version of this out using Mono!!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
A lot of everyone's questions are answered in my guide that's stickied at the top, you know... including on how to get the volume right.

Also yes please get a Mac version of this out using Mono!!
mac would be fantastic! i wanna play on FD with the Immigrant Song playing in the background. don't you take that way from me.....

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Just a small glitch: If you try to change any of the songs in Rumble Falls it'll go to the Bridge of Eldin songlist instead. Not that big of a deal, since it's Rumble Falls after all, lol.

Just lettin you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom