• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker v1.0 [WinXP/Vista only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Minor edits

- Updated "tools" folder with Androu1's tools from the link Jose gave me (thx!)
- On first run, will now put perl58.dll along w/ the other 2 in c:\windows\system32
- Added HomeRun Contest and Stage Builder into "Brawl Main Menu".

v0.4 will be the final released tonight

havac

Smash Cadet
When I open the Length.txt it's blank?
I just downloaded this an hour ago so IDK if it the 4th version or 3rd.

NM I wasn't looking in stereo length.txt

AND WHY IS SB WHITE???

Jose_Gallardo

Smash Apprentice
Minor edits

- Updated "tools" folder with Androu1's tools from the link Jose gave me (thx!)
- On first run, will now put perl58.dll along w/ the other 2 in c:\windows\system32
- Added HomeRun Contest and Stage Builder into "Brawl Main Menu".

v0.4 will be the final released tonight
Alright, will check up on v0.4 when its out.

EDIT: Oh wait, this is v0.4, I think. Anywho, its out already, so I'll just go check.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
This is so great. You are doing a wonder to all of us. I can't thank you enough, man. Really easy to use and when you **** up, which i did, haha, it tells you what you're doing wrong. (I forgot to make each left and right file into "mono").

Cero

Smash Lord
I have something to report.

While playing about an hour of Brawl +, match after match with the CPU's, the game was casually loading the next stage (Smashville). It froze while loading and I turned off the Wii, not thinking too much about it. I decided to add some more songs to the SD card. So, I pulled it out and put in the computer.

I discovered that everything in the "private/wii/APP" folder got deleted. All my textures, custom music, and strap files are now gone. And, now, I'm really wishing I had made backups of all the .brstm files that I made today. :(

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I discovered that everything in the "private/wii/APP" folder got deleted. All my textures, custom music, and strap files are now gone. And, now, I'm really wishing I had made backups of all the .brstm files that I made today. :(
That might be a sign that your SD card is dying... (by writing to it, not from reading)

is wifi waiting room in there as well?
Yes, under "Brawl Main Menu", check changelog...

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
If we used UTD Zac's music swap program, do we have to reset everything before using this?

havac

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to change the sounds from the fighter stances??
it would be awesome to have C. falcon say "show me your boobs" lol.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there a way to change the sounds form the fighter stance??
it would be awesome to have C. falcon say "show me your boobs" lol.
Eventually I'll get around to adding victory themes into my program, but for now, use Androu1's BRSTM tool.

havac

Smash Cadet
where are the fighter stance brstm found in ios?? Or what are they extracted from?

Doval

Smash Lord
My version of Audacity doesn't have the single "Export..." option in the File Menu. It has, among other similar choices, an "Export as WAV..." entry; but when I choose this, I don't get a 16-bit option in the file type. Will going into the stream's menu and choosing "Set Sample Format -> 16-bit" do the trick?

Also, since this app doesn't provide the loop points, is it possible to set them from within Audacity somehow? I'm completely new this audio editing stuff.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
My version of Audacity doesn't have the single "Export..." option in the File Menu. It has, among other similar choices, an "Export as WAV..." entry; but when I choose this, I don't get a 16-bit option in the file type. Will going into the stream's menu and choosing "Set Sample Format -> 16-bit" do the trick?

Also, since this app doesn't provide the loop points, is it possible to set them from within Audacity somehow? I'm completely new this audio editing stuff.
Yes, use Export as WAV, and use "Set Sample Format -> 16 bit".

The Custom Song Maker will automatically loop the songs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how I said I wasn't gonna release another version for the rest of the night?

I lied: http://www.mediafire.com/?mjgkej4myyn v0.5

You don't even have to specify the end point now, it does it for you! Also got rid of Perl.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
@Doyal

For WAV options
Edit>Preferences>File Formats.

For Sample Counting
View>Set Selection Format>Any option that has (snap to samples)

Doval

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help. I know it loops automatically, but I was wondering if there was a better way to make a seamless loop than just cropping the song. It's an mp3 from the Final Fantasy Tactics OST that loops twice through the song, but has a bit of silence at the beginning and fades out at the end of the second repetition. Guess I'll have to crop out the silence and the second half.

I could see that working well for this one, but not so sure about songs with an intro that's different from the rest of the loop.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I got a question, do we need to change the hertz down to 32000? The program works, but when I play, the songs sometimes turn into static and sometime discontinues to play. Also, when I do change the hertz down to 32000, the song slows down. Should this be happening? ...Some people say changing the hertz doesn't affect the song length, so I took screen caps of that happening.

1- Left speaker unedited length of song = 4:00 ; 2- changed to mono ; 3 -setting the hertz ; 4-hertz @ 32000 ; 5- the song then becomes slower and elongates to 5:30

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/01MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/02MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/03MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/04MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/05MusicHack.jpg

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
All right, I'm gonna try this and hope it works, because all I ended up with when I used Androu1's program is a big ol' crash. (I know it was probably my fault, but still.) Hopefully this did enough of the work to make it idiot-proof (aka me-proof).

EDIT: Success! It worked!
EDIT 2: I stand corrected. When I went to edit it again, I realized it automatically deletes the WAV files. In other words, I royally screwed myself.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
What does it mean when this message comes up?

Warning = Loop=end is beyond valid ARAM range.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
What does it mean when this message comes up?

Warning = Loop=end is beyond valid ARMM range.
Haven't seen that error before... did you set it to Mono? What version of Audacity are you using?

All right, I'm gonna try this and hope it works, because all I ended up with when I used Androu1's program is a big ol' crash. (I know it was probably my fault, but still.) Hopefully this did enough of the work to make it idiot-proof (aka me-proof).

EDIT: Success! It worked!
EDIT2: I stand corrected. When I went to edit it again, I realized it automatically deletes the WAV files. In other words, I royally screwed myself.
If you have the brstm, there's a way to decompile that back into the original WAV.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen that error before... did you set it to Mono? What version of Audacity are you using?

If you have the brstm, there's a way to decompile that back into the original WAV.
Yes, I followed the instructions on the video and used the Audacity you linked to.

If it helps the song I am using is 5.59 minutes long and it works in brawl but the volume drops and raises sometimes, I thought it was the file so I downloaded it again and it is still giving me this error.

I am using this song on Smashville.

Edit - Apart from that the program owns, I got some songs working perfectly.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just tried it, and it worked.

I love you forever. Thank you so much.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
@Both posters

Changing the number of hertz does NOT help any. It only changes how fast the file is being read, which will be a drag. There is no difference changing it..

If you're getting static noises, then it's likely the audio file is too loud. In Audacity, use the Gain feature on the left to drop it by a few dB.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
@Both posters

Changing the number of hertz does NOT help any. It only changes how fast the file is being read, which will be a drag. There is no difference changing it..

If you're getting static noises, then it's likely the audio file is too loud. In Audacity, use the Gain feature on the left to drop it by a few dB.
k, i'll do that

but, changing the hertz doesn't necessary only change the speed
like, going to "tracks" at the top, the going "resample", and chaing the hertz there doesn't alter the speed, but i have no idea what i actually does

havac

Smash Cadet
I also noticed all the songs do play at a very slight slower speed. how can I adjust this?
Do I just mess with the hertz in the length.txt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom