• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

zxeon

Smash Lord
Hey my Brawl disk started acting funny yesterday. My FD music suddenly changed to something from a Subspace stage (and I wasnt using music mods) and Luigi's Mansion actually crashed (we even turned off the hacks and this continued to happen). I looked at my disk and there was a wavy ring around somewhere towards the middle between the edge and center of the the disk (laser burn or something?). I was just pointing this out because I don't know if the hacking could be responsible for it, just giving a heads up.
It was whatever codes you where using corrupted your save file. I think you can fix it with the My Music fix code.(Give me a hand here Falco400)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
OK I was using the independent PT code. Should I turn it off?

Will this stop my Luigi's Mansion stag from crashing? We select it and the game freezes.

Also, my login names are all getting boxed (letters turning to boxes). Is that fixable too (because it stays even without hacks turned on).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You're wii messed up your disk. This happened to my friend a week after he bought the game. He couldn't select 5 characters.

Revven

FrankerZ
OK I was using the independent PT code. Should I turn it off?

Will this stop my Luigi's Mansion stag from crashing? We select it and the game freezes.

Also, my login names are all getting boxed (letters turning to boxes). Is that fixable too (because it stays even without hacks turned on).
YES don't use that one, use the other one I mentioned and use the music reset codes I linked you to for the stages that crash. It fixes ALL your problems!

Search around for "No Stamina" and "No Force Swap" for Pokemon Trainer, they're separate codes now to make PT function right and not mess your game up. Independent PT caused your name problems as well. I can't post the two codes now that I mentioned but, they can be found in Mookie's thread on Page 1 or 2.

storm92

Smash Ace
Just an FYI to all people:

The new code that removes the Triple Jump Glitch and Laser/Icicle Locking causes desynchs on Wi-Fi. Me and leaf tested it and have verified that it is this code that does it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Just an FYI to all people:

The new code that removes the Triple Jump Glitch and Laser/Icicle Locking causes desynchs on Wi-Fi. Me and leaf tested it and have verified that it is this code that does it.
Not only that, its really glitchy and the no locks code doesn't work properly.

Finns7

Smash Ace
How do you set up wifi matches is there a site no one on aib seems to have it and I dont know where a friend finder is?

Finns7

Smash Ace
that is messed up anyone if I was to play someone we would have to have the exact same "gameplay" (wd, hitstun ect) codes on what is the brawl + current standard. I play with 10% histun auto l canceling, MAD. And also if anyone would like to play pm me, this would be for testing friendlies.

storm92

Smash Ace
that is messed up anyone if I was to play someone we would have to have the exact same "gameplay" (wd, hitstun ect) codes on what is the brawl + current standard. I play with 10% histun auto l canceling, MAD. And also if anyone would like to play pm me, this would be for testing friendlies.
I can't play, but I'm fairly sure MAD causes desyncs on Wi-Fi.

kupo15

Smash Hero
dont use those codes. They don't work well at all. They can not be fixed using the Action modifier which is why I deleted them.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I see...but what was the point of fixing that? I haven't seen one jab lock in competitive play. We need to get that weak hit DI code, though...
It refers to jab/icicle/laser locks and with teching being harder and more common now, this sets up those "locks" easier. I am going to request better teching window but still, locks are just dumb...

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
It refers to jab/icicle/laser locks and with teching being harder and more common now, this sets up those "locks" easier. I am going to request better teching window but still, locks are just dumb...
Oh yeah, you could probably laser lock right out of Falco's dthrow since it now makes you hit the ground? Honestly I haven't seen his downthrow since the new hitstun code.

But that force standup animation...I've seen it before. Actually, if that code gets perfected, it would make some pretty cool mixups. You could follow up the lock with some mindgames as they are forced to stand up...

zxeon

Smash Lord
The problem with the code is that you should be replacing the bouncing animation with the a falling animation or something. This will cause characters to stand up without invinvibility.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I have no problems with jab locks, they can be easily teched (Im biased because I main link (boomerang zair set this up easily).
Teching was hard until I got the timing

Here are some videos, I dont have the best quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg51nKrkx5o O to **** combo on second stock these are friendlies but they do show off how if you dont di properly you can get ravaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34QBZhF7OM&feature=channel Link vs Marth learning to tech is a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3eQV4GJmrQ&feature=channel I ***** myself in the falco vs Dk fight at 36 seconds in.

Comment and tell me what you want to see I had MAD on and 10%

Finns7

Smash Ace
thx man Im going to upload some more fox ones later.
Any chars you guys would like to see vs

Revven

FrankerZ
I have no problems with jab locks, they can be easily teched (Im biased because I main link (boomerang zair set this up easily).
Teching was hard until I got the timing

Here are some videos, I dont have the best quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg51nKrkx5o O to **** combo on second stock these are friendlies but they do show off how if you dont di properly you can get ravaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34QBZhF7OM&feature=channel Link vs Marth learning to tech is a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3eQV4GJmrQ&feature=channel I ***** myself in the falco vs Dk fight at 36 seconds in.

Comment and tell me what you want to see I had MAD on and 10%
That DK wasn't very good... he didn't do double Bair (which would be GOD with Auto-L canceling). The Marth could've used more Fairs, notice how he DID land a partial Ken combo because of the auto-l cancel, very nice, if only he had done it more than once. Good matches, I s'pose. It'd be better if the people you played had a better grip of Brawl+.

zxeon

Smash Lord
That DK wasn't very good... he didn't do double Bair (which would be GOD with Auto-L canceling). The Marth could've used more Fairs, notice how he DID land a partial Ken combo because of the auto-l cancel, very nice, if only he had done it more than once. Good matches, I s'pose. It'd be better if the people you played had a better grip of Brawl+.
I wish I could upload some of my videos. [sigh] Did anyone even watch the replays I posted earlier in this thread?

Finns7

Smash Ace
They DK had Brawl+ johns about not knowing how to play, I accepted it though because it can be a little funny at first. I wasnt promoting Ken vs M2k matches I was just showcasing the uses of wavedashing in brawl in some parts aswell as how you can get punished if you dont tech (even though I missed the jab locks)

The Marth also uses his fairs alot actually but not that much against my link because of my projectiles and the possibility of getting locked. But against my other chars he spams it like no other and yes ken combos are possible. He used to get me on the fairs and if you dont tech or even then you can get mindgamed into teching to get ***** some more but I adapted, thx for the comments

I live in Youngstown, Ohio Falco400 if you want to play online.

zxeon

Smash Lord
They DK had Brawl+ johns about not knowing how to play, I accepted it though because it can be a little funny at first. I wasnt promoting Ken vs M2k matches I was just showcasing the uses of wavedashing in brawl in some parts aswell as how you can get punished if you dont tech (even though I missed the jab locks)

The Marth also uses his fairs alot actually but not that much against my link because of my projectiles and the possibility of getting locked. But against my other chars he spams it like no other and yes ken combos are possible. He used to get me on the fairs and if you dont tech or even then you can get mindgamed into teching to get ***** some more but I adapted, thx for the comments

I live in Youngstown, Ohio Falco400 if you want to play online.
I'll play you online. Just tell me what codes you want to use and your friend code of course.

I'll be watching this thread for a while waiting for your answer so don't hesitate to answer if you are late by a few minutes Finns or anyone else who wants to play for that matter.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Im about to go to sleep I have school tomorro, but dude pm me your fc and **** so we can play and learn more about the hacks.

btw i used 10% hitstun, wd and tripiless also auto l cancel, I heard wd causes desynchs so idk

Finns7

Smash Ace
5198 5161 9720is my fc ill add u tommoro can anyone tell me what brawl + hacks are bad for wifi even if the other person has it.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I wish I could upload some of my videos. [sigh] Did anyone even watch the replays I posted earlier in this thread?
I actually tried, but for some reason when I load up Brawl with hacks, my SD card isn't recognized in-game, so I can't load up the replays from SD. I'll try again, maybe without the hacks just to see it they load at all...

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
OMG Chibo and I just played a bunch of games (he'll upload them later this week, probably) and Brawl+ Zelda is SOOO good.

Her Dthrow is AMAZING. If you don't DI or DI towards her, she gets a free Usmash. If you DI away, you can tech and she can chase you with whatever she wants—another grab, Fair, Usmash, dash attack, and probably Dtilt. Her kill moves kill much earlier thanks to hitstun, Din's Fire is nice but not broken. Nair, Utilt, and Ftilt actually lead to followups at lower percents. Chasing DI with Usmash is too good, and Uair is much more reliable without BAD.

I love playing her so much in Brawl+. It's like how Melee Zelda should have been in the first place. ^__^

(Before anyone asks, we used
- 11% Hitstun
- MAD
- No Tripping
- L-canceling
- No Locking
... And I think that's it.)

Top Bottom