• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

zxeon

Smash Lord
OMG Chibo and I just played a bunch of games (he'll upload them later this week, probably) and Brawl+ Zelda is SOOO good.

Her Dthrow is AMAZING. If you don't DI or DI towards her, she gets a free Usmash. If you DI away, you can tech and she can chase you with whatever she wants—another grab, Fair, Usmash, dash attack, and probably Dtilt. Her kill moves kill much earlier thanks to hitstun, Din's Fire is nice but not broken. Nair, Utilt, and Ftilt actually lead to followups at lower percents. Chasing DI with Usmash is too good, and Uair is much more reliable without BAD.

I love playing her so much in Brawl+. It's like how Melee Zelda should have been in the first place. ^__^

(Before anyone asks, we used
- 11% Hitstun
- MAD
- No Tripping
- L-canceling
- No Locking
... And I think that's it.)
Cool beans. I'll be waiting to see the videos.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Thats not the codes we used lol, there wasnt no locking. u just cant lock me cause im too good lol

Codes Used:
  • No Tripping
  • 11% Hitstun
  • MAD
  • 1.125x Gravity
  • L-Canceling
and for fun...
  • Infinite Replays
  • Unrestricted Pause Camera

So far it's the best set of codes I've used yet, though I'm considering pushing hitstun down to 10 or 10.5x.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Well I like to use:

* No Tripping
* Hitstun 11.5% (better than 12.5% I think because its balance)
* MAD
* Auto L-Cancelling
* Infinite Stamina

and just for fun ONLY:
* Music Modifier (I used once because it replace the song permanently)
* Unrestricted Pause camera
* Poison Mushrom Kill you
* Re-Size all assist trophies and pokemon

Well I'm not a pro player but I've uploaded 2 videos using the 5 first codes.

Sheik (me) vs Diddy (bro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAybUP4LuQ

Luigi (me) vs Diddy (bro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uac1mIQQyo

zxeon

Smash Lord
I think that the stale moves system needs to go. Don't worry I have a point.

So it goes like this. I was playing a CPU at luigi's mansion and I got my opponent (Luigi) in a combo and took him to the top of the stage where I tried to KO him with Falco's Uair only to miss sending him past the killzone just barely so intent on not losing my advantage over him I proceeded to again hit him with an Uair but this time he flew even lower, but I did not yield I continued to hit him again and again with Uairs untill he got to 160% and finally expired off the top of the stage.

I think that the loss of knockback on attacks due to stale moves hinders competitive play by taking the away advantage of the attacking player and limiting his options for KOing based just on what moves he ten times prior to his KO attempt. (crap, I lost my train of thought) And so on and so forth.

I Zxeon officially name stale moves a suspect in the obstrucion of competitve play and believe it should be treated as such.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Yeah, uh, it's caused ******** things to happen in Brawl even before hitstun. The whole concept is totally ridiculous.

I'm not even sure I like Melee's damage decay, but if someone made a "no knockback decay, just damage decay" code I wouldn't complain. I guess I'd prefer no decay whatsoever, though.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
You just want to get rid of decay because you use zelda and want to play russian roulette with your stupid kicks and kill people at 50% >:[

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i really want decay out

no decay + dash dancing + let go of the ledge right away and brawl+ is pretty much done for me lol

Osi

Smash Ace
Omg, thank you so much for adding this. I love it, the game feels so much better. I was a huge melee fan, and had such a drive to love brawl... but I hate that game so much in the form it was released as. The added depth from these hacks totally made me come back after I returned to melee hehe. Big thanks to all the people putting in effort to remake brawl into something the melee fans who disliked retail brawl will play. It's like a whole different game now, so fast and tech. I almost cried when I did my first real 4 hit combo to a knee with Falcon!!! So awesome.

I hope with how easy the mod is to do that the community can start tourneys with these settings. I would actually go to those!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Omg, thank you so much for adding this. I love it, the game feels so much better. I was a huge melee fan, and had such a drive to love brawl... but I hate that game so much in the form it was released as. The added depth from these hacks totally made me come back after I returned to melee hehe. Big thanks to all the people putting in effort to remake brawl into something the melee fans who disliked retail brawl will play. It's like a whole different game now, so fast and tech. I almost cried when I did my first real 4 hit combo to a knee with Falcon!!! So awesome.

I hope with how easy the mod is to do that the community can start tourneys with these settings. I would actually go to those!
Welcome to the dark side.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm so freaking STOKED that so much Brawl+ progress has been made.

For me all Brawl+ needs now is Shieldstun and harder Powershielding.

Oh man... I can't wait until those are done. Brawl will be so much more fun...

Now, I have a question about the No Locks codes.

It says that the single No Locks code is in Beta, but the code that combines No Locks with No Triple Jump Glitch doesn't say that.

Does that mean that the combined code is proven and therefore should be used over the single code? I mean, I want to get rid of that TJ glitch anyway, so...

2 codes, or 1 code in terms of reliability thus far?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Both glitchy for the No Locks, right? The No TJ Glitch code is still fine?

Gentleman's agreement is dandy for friendlies, like you said, but we do want an eventual perfect No Locks code that can be used for Brawl+ tourneys, yes?

kupo15

Smash Hero
i really want decay out

no decay + dash dancing + let go of the ledge right away and brawl+ is pretty much done for me lol
lol, If you only want no lag ledges, the ledges will be OP. Imagine as Marth for example, up b, auto sweet spot into a lagless ledge so you can immediately do anything. I wonder if this is one reason they added lag to ledges

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I don't have the actual frame data, but there couldn't be more than 4 or so (8 at the max) frames of lag in melee when grabbing the ledge. You could get on and off very quickly, and for all practical purposes, it was pretty well instant.

I don't think reducing the frames of lag to zero would make them OP... just abusable. We can fix the invincibility frames you get on the ledge, too, if it turns out you can easily stall the ledges.

edit: Six posts in a row with only one post in between each one? I POST TOO MUCH.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
lol, If you only want no lag ledges, the ledges will be OP. Imagine as Marth for example, up b, auto sweet spot into a lagless ledge so you can immediately do anything. I wonder if this is one reason they added lag to ledges
It never posed any problems in melee, and Gannondorf, Bowser, and Fox could infinite ledge stall.:laugh: (though you could technically just wavedash back and grab the ledge before they do, but you can do the same with hugging in brawl).

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't have the actual frame data, but there couldn't be more than 4 or so (8 at the max) frames of lag in melee when grabbing the ledge. You could get on and off very quickly, and for all practical purposes, it was pretty well instant.

I don't think reducing the frames of lag to zero would make them OP... just abusable. We can fix the invincibility frames you get on the ledge, too, if it turns out you can easily stall the ledges.

edit: Six posts in a row with only one post in between each one? I POST TOO MUCH.
It never posed any problems in melee, and Gannondorf, Bowser, and Fox could infinite ledge stall.:laugh: (though you could technically just wavedash back and grab the ledge before they do, but you can do the same with hugging in brawl).
No you both misunderstood. Chibo wants to keep the current "auto sweetspot" ledges which means you can grab lagless ledges on the way up instead of waiting for the peak of your up b in melee.

I would have no problem with melee ledges, actually, that IS what I asked the hackers for lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
No you both misunderstood. Chibo wants to keep the current "auto sweetspot" ledges which means you can grab lagless ledges on the way up instead of waiting for the peak of your up b in melee.

I would have no problem with melee ledges, actually, that IS what I asked the hackers for lol
Well now that would cause a problem, especially with how far Marth's up B reaches into the stage (preventing a quick edgehog from most characters).

Auto sweetspotting is so gay.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I still don't get why people are so against the jab lock. It does like 15 damage if they di it right, plus they have the time to simply roll away lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
I still don't get why people are so against the jab lock. It does like 15 damage if they di it right, plus they have the time to simply roll away lol.
Because it can happen SO often now because more moves put you into the tumble sooner based off of how much hitstun you have on which in turn makes you mistime your tech and thus you fall on your back and can easily get into a jab lock. Which can then happen a second time in the same match if the person misses the tech again.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
I think its funny how people think jab locking is ok, it's sad what brawl has done to people.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I find that if you press DI down when you ur in the tumle animation and press L or R with pressing down you can tech. This is at 10% for me.

Top Bottom