• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRAWL+ Character Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
While I don't think Marth is overpowered, I think he's boring in Brawl+. I wish we could do something with his f-air because using f-air is his best option in almost every situation.
I don't think he's borning, and his fair is not his best option in every situation. especially in B+ MORE SO now that I've crossed a plateu lock just recently. When you add variety to Marth's options, he plays alot better and is anything but boring imo.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Lucario may deserve an A in gimping, his dtilt is very quick and can be used to prevent horizontal recoveries... even better it actually pops them just up and to the right a lil... perfect for a fair chain followup. He can simply hop off and spam dair to prevent vertical recoveries. For recoveries above the stage he has bair, which has a deceptively long range and knocks the opponent mostly horizontal... repeated use eventually puts them below the stage for a dair gimp. He prolly also deserves a B for resilience, as his dair stalls his fall as well as protects his bottom... and as most combos start with an upward hit this can be used to stop many of them.... not all though, so he doesnt deserve an A

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Yeah, but he's not a super combo wop machine, and that's how you get an A.

Edit- That was my 100th post!

Adapt

Smash Lord
Apparently ZSS has the worst approach in the game tied with King Dedede

WHAT?!?

(Everything else of hers looks pretty good to me)

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Don't know why the GPA's weren't put in order:
This, according to the OP chart, spaced for convenience:

[Marth]3.125

[Snake]2.875
[Kirby]2.875
[Metaknight]2.75

[Samus]2.625
[Lucario]2.5
[Falco]2.5
[Charizard]2.5
[Donkey Kong]2.5
[Ness]2.5
[Mario]2.5
[Pikachu]2.5

[Fox]2.25
[Sheik]2.25
[Zelda]2.25
[Captain Falcon]2.125
[Ganon]2
[Bowser]2
[Lucas]2

[Sonic]1.875
[Link]1.5

Adapt

Smash Lord

[Marth]3.125

[Snake]2.875
[Kirby]2.875
[Metaknight]2.75

[Samus]2.625
[Lucario]2.5
[Falco]2.5
[Charizard]2.5
[Donkey Kong]2.5
[Ness]2.5
[Mario]2.5
[Pikachu]2.5

[Fox]2.25
[Sheik]2.25
[Zelda]2.25
[Captain Falcon]2.125
[Ganon]2
[Bowser]2
[Lucas]2

[Sonic]1.875
[Link]1.5
Where is that coming from?? Either the chart has been changed, or you are using a really weird ranking system. Not to mention you are missing about 20 chars

CloneHat

Smash Champion

[Marth]3.125

[Snake]2.875
[Kirby]2.875
[Metaknight]2.75

[Samus]2.625
[Lucario]2.5
[Falco]2.5
[Charizard]2.5
[Donkey Kong]2.5
[Ness]2.5
[Mario]2.5
[Pikachu]2.5

[Fox]2.25
[Sheik]2.25
[Zelda]2.25
[Captain Falcon]2.125
[Ganon]2
[Bowser]2
[Lucas]2

[Sonic]1.875
[Link]1.5
You trying to make a tier list? This isn't the information you should use, it's not all completely relevant, and it's not results-based.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman

[Marth]3.125

[Snake]2.875
[Kirby]2.875
[Metaknight]2.75

[Samus]2.625
[Lucario]2.5
[Falco]2.5
[Charizard]2.5
[Donkey Kong]2.5
[Ness]2.5
[Mario]2.5
[Pikachu]2.5

[Fox]2.25
[Sheik]2.25
[Zelda]2.25
[Captain Falcon]2.125
[Ganon]2
[Bowser]2
[Lucas]2

[Sonic]1.875
[Link]1.5
That made me laugh so **** much. Marth higher than MK? Yeah sure!

Despite Marth's manliness and Tiara, MK's a broken overpowered machine. So no, that can't be possible.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Please don't start calling for nerfs based on the averages of this list. The characters and matchups have not been fully explored, and this list should not be taken like it's about who's better, more like who's good at what.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Please don't start calling for nerfs based on the averages of this list. The characters and matchups have not been fully explored, and this list should not be taken like it's about who's better, more like who's good at what.
I didn't call for any nerfs, just that we all know MK's a broken character.
And yeah, my bad about it. I didn't really think before posting.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Do the GPA's but seperate offense and defense.

BTW if you not at 2 your not viable in any sort of way.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
^^
Lol no not you, I was talking to SketchHurricane, sorry.

Oh, ah xD Well I've kind of judged anyways.
Misunderstanding, sorry.

Personally though, looking at this tier list...
It seems so wrong for some reasons, seems like there's so many flaws.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
People, the list is based on average ratings. Same ones on the front page, its in no way a tier list and no one is implying to use it like that. While Marth may be well-rounded out (According to the chart), its debatable how much his advantages actually make a difference, or whether they're more important than MK's ridiculous gimping game.

No need to lash out, this is an assessment to draw attention to who might need work and in what area.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ah. Well. Why aren't all the characters listed? Is this based on The character vs Their worst possible match up or something? The Ratings seem kinda too high for some and too low for others. Then Again some are spot on. Either way this will continually update so I guess it doesn't matter.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've already said that if you're going to use a GPA system, dont collab all the stats, but average offensive stats and defensive stats. If something falls under both, average it into both.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
the reason that every character isn't there is because i don't know enough people who play everyone. and like i said.. characters are graded on a bell curve. an F could be an 80/100.

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
So I like this list mostly and think you are doing a pretty good job here. But I am wondering about the criteria for the Punish K.O.s category. What I am picturing for this situation is if someone misses approaching with a relatively laggy attack and doesn't space properly (say Ike's fair and the sword tip land right in front of you) or uses a helpless inducing recovery poorly (foxs upB and goes way up past the edge) , how easy it would be for your character to capitalize and get a K.O. out of it.

Anyway, so that's my idea of it, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So the two standout ratings that I disagree with would be Fox's D and Pit's B. I would say Fox's hyphen smash is definitely one of the best punish K.O. options in the entire game, and I'm not sure how pit would have a B, though his Fsmash is decently powerful as is a strong Bair, but I would argue they aren't nearly good enough to warrant a B. I'm guessing he has the B because of his shield, but that really only gets you punish K.O.s on a bad recovery, not really failed approaches.

Maybe I'm interpreting the category the wrong way, but that is the impression I get from your description of it. But on the whole, awesome list.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ganondorf gimping should be B or A lol. He can D-throw to D-air

:034:

Smash Hero
Ganondorf having an F in gimps is just laughable. I mean, it's easy. You go into the air and press down on the C-stick.

He has the strongest spike in the game and the reverse uair which just purely exists for nothing but gimping. Getting hit by one of those means you just got gimped... Unless you're MK. Also, his ability to instantly get out there off the stage and do something is high, because he can wizkick off the stage, then do any attack, double jump (or dj and a rising aerial) and then up-b back to the stage.

Ganondorf's gimping powers have always been high, even in vBrawl. It's definitely up there with some of the best.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
My opinion......Link Ivysaur (Lucas???)
Anybody with a decent spike deserves at least a D

IDK not everybody is on the list so I can't really comment.

But I agree with Dutch. Ganon is not F. Flying wizard foots offstage. Reverse Uairs. And a crazy spike deserve at least D/C

And Peach should be a C gimper at least. I mean comon. Floats offstage>fair

Sonic should be at least D. If you utilize his spring jump correctly, homing attacks, bairs and wall jumping and crazy *** momentum.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm kinda wondering how Marth has a higher endurance than TL.

Last I heard, Marth is lighter than TL (weird I know...), and TL is smaller, therefore being less prone to being combo bait as well as well...not having their hurtbox get hit as much. TL also does not have a giant blindspot below (Marth's dair < TL's dair).

Or perhaps...I'm missing something?

I <3 Marth but that kinda confuses me. Perhaps I'm not interpreting the definition of Endurance that you wrote the same way as you?

Note - I know this is a comparison to each other. But again, that doesn't make much sense either. ._.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's been said before, but I'll reiterate -- Ganon is not the worst character at gimping by a long bit.

Have you seen what how scary a straight up leap to stomp is with momentum?

And vulture spike is nothing to scoff at right now, either. (Especially after I tinker with the toe's initial KB, but I digress).

Plus Ganocides and U-tilt guards, if those count for anything. I'd give him at least a D, probably C.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS is actually not an F in GTFO. Her jab combo actually combos now against most characters, so the third hit will toss off most opponents, and can often be comboed out of.

She's also just as fast as Fox, and has better air control and better jumps, so I don't know where you get her having less mobility.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
What can sonic gimp with, other than his back air? His spring?
Dthrow (Good for setting up with bair to bonuce off the stage)
Bair
Fair
Nair
Spring
And I believe he can use dair if you know how to cancel it. But what makes sonic better than F is the fact he can go pretty far out and then get back to the stage safely. Gimping to be frank is sonic's bread and butter which should atleast give him a C or B.

I'd argue Ike is the worst simply because the opponent could easily turn the attempt around. But I do not play against any good ikes so I do not know. It just seems to me though that the worst gimpier would be the character with the worst air mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom