• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Maybe because the jab doesn't give him an advantage? :ohwell:
How doesn't it? Not only does it come out on 1 frame, it also has fantastic range and decent damage for a jab. It interrupts buttloads of stuff and allows him to attack from a grab release. It also pushes the opponent quite far across the stage due to its knockback properties.

Seriously, in any fighting game, 1-frame attacks are usually good.

But sadly, jab cancels don't combo for Squirtle. But this move is just sweet on its own.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Peach is jealous of Meta Knight's column...
However, as a hypocrite-aristocrat, she guffaws at Ganondorf.

Seriously, though, at a glance, this looks somewhat accurate.
And how sad it is that in 7 years of development and a postponement, Nintendo still couldn't manage to make a near-perfectly balanced roster...
The game was developed for roughly 3 years not 7.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The game was developed for roughly 3 years not 7.
I'm starting to wonder how Brawl would have turned out if they were developing it for 7 years or so. If this is where it is after 3 years...

Oh, and Snake is not >> than the rest of the world, he can only dunk better than everyone with that insane reach. :)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
For the record, I've taken the liberty of secondary'ing ROB mainly to take on aggressive players and high-tier characters that both Kirby and Ganon have trouble against. I'm starting to believe that the people who've used ROB against me aren't exactly the ideal sources for information.

you would be surprised. For one they can spotdodge an Ftilt or any other move.
Ganondorf has to be right up close to ROB which is not going to happen
Ganon should really only use F-tilt for defensive purposes anyway. It all depends on how the Ganon makes his approach and how the ROB plans to stop it. As I said, I think the people I've played made it a little too easy for me to approach and then went into panic mode (spotdodge into dsmash) which I was able to read and predict.

Dodge them how?
He's going to dodge angled lasers, gyros on the ground? No he won't he'll go into the air where ROB is far far superior to him in every way.
Gyro's can be shielded, lasers can be airdodged. Ganondorf doesn't necessarily have to be in the air for that long. Besides, exactly how does ROB **** Ganon in the air?

Bring up these posts please so I can discuss them since frankly, I do not see any method that Ganondorf has of approaching ROB safely
As you wish.

Ganondorf and ROB are both, by nature, campers. ROB because it has its projectiles and its movement and speed are better suited with driving away approachers than with approaching itself. Ganon's a camper because he's too slow to approach effectively. When matched up with someone who plays at a speed faster than his own, Ganon gets *****; but I found that he's actually quite effective when playing an opponent whose playstyle speed matches the player's own. ROB's ground and aerial speed are too slow to mess with Ganon's head, and that's the basis of this neutrality argument.

Considering that ROB can fling projectiles all day, Ganondorf will eventually have to approach ROB. Of course, this is best when ROB recently used his gyro/lasers. Ganon can easily SHAD a laser or a gyro thrown at him; if done by succession, Ganon should just SHAD the first projectile and shield the next one. If Ganon ends up sheilding the gyro, he should just wait for the gyro to run out or grab it using a dash attack, because standing between ROB and a gyro is just stupid. If there isn't a gyro on the ground, Wizard's Foot, dash attacks, and short-hop Flame Chokes are the best way to approach him- Flame Chokes needing to be short-hopped so it could go over ROB's d-smash, by far his quickest technique when he's on the ground. Ganon's D-smash also outranges ROB's d-smash, and when used correctly, sends ROB over and behind Ganon, which is perfect for Ganon to follow up with up-air because ROB's nair is slower than Ganon's uair and Ganon should be below the range of ROB's bair.

On the topic of aerials, Ganon's up-air has farther range than ROB's fair, while being faster than ROB's nair and d-air. Basically, ROB's foward quadrant and lower quadrant are threatened by Ganon because of that up-air. It also means that ROB can't effectively edgegaurd Ganon unless somehow Ganon's back is facing ROB. ROB also has to watch out in case Ganon decides to go suicidal and teach ROB about trying to edgegaud him. Ganon obviously cannot edgegaurd ROB unless it somehow gets below Ganon, in which case it should watch out for a reverse uair or a regular Ganon-spike. This shouldn't happen, because Ganon doesn't have any moves that send ROB in a downward trajectory and close enough that Ganon can follow up with an attack before ROB flies away.

Both sides are going to have trouble killing each other. ROB doesn't have many kill moves that have enough range that ROB can get near Ganon without worrying about being grabbed, flame-choked, D-smashed, or auto-canceled d-air'd. The same thing applying to Ganon, who's going to make most of his moves stale trying to damage ROB and may need to land a f-tilt or b-air to finally take the stock. Certainly, that luck can also apply to ROB and landing his kill moves as well, so we definately can't favor one side over another as to which side can kill the other first.
In reply to what someone said sooner, Captain Falcon ***** Ganondorf. Hard.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ay, just wondering, but I hear things like "mindgames don't factor in a matchup", which makes sense, since it's a player-based thing. However, does punishment/punishability count for anything?

For example, Luigi can demolish Sonic in an aerial battle, or most head-to-head combat situations, but what happens if say, Sonic just Pshield-grabs Luigi's aerials/landings? It brings the momentum to the Sonic player instead.

I'm guessing not, but it's probably something more to keep in mind for actual gameplay to say 'screw the matchup disadvantage, I won' .__.;

popsofctown

Smash Champion
the matchup list should be based on metagame. For metagame players, is it easy to P Shield Luigi's aerials and grab them? If the answer is yes, then it's a matchup characteristic. If one guy can do it like crazy and his name is Johnny, gratz to Johnny, but the rest of want to work on a matchup chart for people like us.

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
Even if he's underplayed, there's almost no way that DK could have an advantage over both MK and Snake and not be winning tournaments. I cry foul.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Umm... in my experience... Ness pretty comfortably bests donkey kong

tell me where I'm wrong

punked_25

Smash Cadet
This list is great. Job well done. May I suggest though...as a fox player myself, I find fighting against Lucas as fox a huge pain in my opinion.

Other than that, grats.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I disagree with DK > MK; Like said before: If DK would own both MK and Snake, he'd win lots of tourneys.
I can see Snake having troubles with DK but MK? What makes DK so good against him?

Edit: Kirby > Faclo btw

Rubiiez

Smash Rookie
Thing is, there are also lots of Dededes in tournaments....and DK has a terrible match-up against him. Infinites, anyone? =P That might be another reason DK isn't winning many tournaments.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ay, just wondering, but I hear things like "mindgames don't factor in a matchup", which makes sense, since it's a player-based thing. However, does punishment/punishability count for anything?

For example, Luigi can demolish Sonic in an aerial battle, or most head-to-head combat situations, but what happens if say, Sonic just Pshield-grabs Luigi's aerials/landings? It brings the momentum to the Sonic player instead.

I'm guessing not, but it's probably something more to keep in mind for actual gameplay to say 'screw the matchup disadvantage, I won' .__.;
The ability to do a variety of different moves from the exact same position with different counters = more ability to mindgame, which is an advantage is match-ups.

However, assuming that one player will mindgame another is not applicable to the match-up.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ganon should really only use F-tilt for defensive purposes anyway. It all depends on how the Ganon makes his approach and how the ROB plans to stop it. As I said, I think the people I've played made it a little too easy for me to approach and then went into panic mode (spotdodge into dsmash) which I was able to read and predict.
What they should be doing is that if Ganondorf is that close they should back into a SH Bair. Shuffle back then moe forard into Ganondorf knocking him away from the user. Or many other options that they have, breaking into spotdodge Dsmash is somewhayt predictable.
Why not Shield~Bair?

Gyro's can be shielded, lasers can be airdodged. Ganondorf doesn't necessarily have to be in the air for that long. Besides, exactly how does ROB **** Ganon in the air?
Gyros can be shielded but the lasers can be angled. Air dodging them would only force you into being defensive and force you into approaching. Atwhich point ROB has many more safe options than Ganondorf does, both aerially and groundwise.
Ganondorf's lo ground speed also means he won't be getting close to ROB very quickly which is an important method of stopping ROB's spam game since he isn't really capable of using his projectiles up close (due to the startup time).
Yes you can shield and air dodge, but in doing so you leave yourself vulnerable.
The projectiles are necessarily to keep Ganondorf away and rack damage, simply to slow him down further and bait him into a position where ROB can dominate.
Similar to what Snake does.

Many of Ganondorf's aerials are not useful beyond SH height (the exceptions of this being the Dair and Uair.
ROB is capable of beating Ganondorf aerially simply on two things.
His aerials do not have the same amount of cooldown time as Ganondorf does, they stop his momentum (Bair and Dair) and they have high amounts of priority.
The only ones that are necessarily slow are his Bair, Dair and Nair, all of which make up for this with their high amounts of priority and their lingering hitboxes.
So even when the attack ends, Ganondorf could still be hit.

Let alone the fact that ROB is much faster in the air than Ganondorf, so if Ganondorf misses an aerial he risks getting punished (other than the Uair and that can be broken by the Dair or Nair)
Ganondorf and ROB are both, by nature, campers. ROB because it has its projectiles and its movement and speed are better suited with driving away approachers than with approaching itself. Ganon's a camper because he's too slow to approach effectively. When matched up with someone who plays at a speed faster than his own, Ganon gets *****; but I found that he's actually quite effective when playing an opponent whose playstyle speed matches the player's own. ROB's ground and aerial speed are too slow to mess with Ganon's head, and that's the basis of this neutrality argument.
THe issue with this is that a camper by definition is simply someone who plays extremely defensive. Staying at one end wher the opponent cannot reach them.
hen Ganondorf faces any opponent that is faster than him without projectiles (Sonic for example), he has issues not because he cannot approach but because they are capable of capitalizing on his weaknesses.
his poor recovery, his rather slow attack speed means he can still be countered even if the opponent attacks after he does.

He doesn't camp because camping would mean he is creating a wall and keeping the opponent away or out. Ganondorf does not do this.
He has no method to camp from afar with and is too slow to make use of long range.
hence against most characters he is either going to be on the offensive (ROB) or defensive (Sonic), neither of which suit him.

ROB isn't the fastest in the air that is true, however he is faster than Ganondorf and has greater mobility than Ganondorf can dream of, he can use his Bairs to get a boost forward when moving backward or stop his movement with his Dairs.
Wihle their movement speed may not differ greatly, aerially ROB is more capable because of his mobility and capability of staying in the air for long periods of time. Something that Ganondorf does not have.
There is also the fact that many of ROB's moves are faster than many of Ganondorf's moves.
So while he may not be faster movement wise, attack wise he beats Ganondorf which is a major wakness for Ganondorf since he has no method of speeding up his game.
Considering that ROB can fling projectiles all day, Ganondorf will eventually have to approach ROB. Of course, this is best when ROB recently used his gyro/lasers. Ganon can easily SHAD a laser or a gyro thrown at him; if done by succession, Ganon should just SHAD the first projectile and shield the next one.
The issue with this is that it relies on precise timing. Something that cannot be done with ease. Now one is gauranteed to be murdered by the projectiles but agaiun, the intent of these projectiles is to slow Ganondorf, to force him to the ground and have ROB capable of maintaing pressure.

If Ganon ends up sheilding the gyro, he should just wait for the gyro to run out or grab it using a dash attack, because standing between ROB and a gyro is just stupid.
If there isn't a gyro on the ground, Wizard's Foot, dash attacks, and short-hop Flame Chokes are the best way to approach him- Flame Chokes needing to be short-hopped so it could go over ROB's d-smash, by far his quickest technique when he's on the ground. Ganon's D-smash also outranges ROB's d-smash, and when used correctly, sends ROB over and behind Ganon, which is perfect for Ganon to follow up with up-air because ROB's nair is slower than Ganon's uair and Ganon should be below the range of ROB's bair.
ROB isn't going to spam his Dsmash.While his Dsmash is ridiculously fast the move itself laves him vulnerable. hence he will probably use his tilts, all of hich are fast and leave little to no opponent.
Ganondorf's Dsmash does out range ROB's Dsmash, but it is much slower by comparison and so is not difficult to avoid.
SH flame chokes are to be expect and an Ftilt can break it with little risk to ROB.
Dashattacks are risky because when you are on the ground a ROB will space his projectile use so that he can follow up with a laser. At which point you would be forced to shield the attack.
Ganondorf is just too slow movement speed as well as attack speed to approach ROB effectively. Of course once he does knock ROB down he has a great number of options available but afterwards what can he do? best thing to jhappen is he follows with a wizards foot or another flame choke, but he has no method of maintaining the pressure.

The Uair will not work because of ROB's Dair let alone the fact that ROB can stay in the air and wait for Ganondorf t land on the ground and maintain spacing. Nor is Ganondorf going to be capable of keeping ROB in the air.

On the topic of aerials, Ganon's up-air has farther range than ROB's fair, while being faster than ROB's nair and d-air.
Except that the Nair and Dair have greater priority and break Ganondorf's Uair.
This really relies on ROB being higher up than Ganondorf and from there ROB still has the ability to get to the ground relatively safely.He can easily wait out Ganondorf then go back to the ground and reset the situation to nuetral, forcing Ganondorf to work just as hard as he did in the beginning to gain an advantage. An advantage that offers liuttle reward for the large amount of risk involved.
Not only that the Bair can push ROb out of range for the Uair at which point you cannot pursue because ROB is faster in the air and will use that Bair if you attempt to attack to increase the distance.
Basically, ROB's foward quadrant and lower quadrant are threatened by Ganon because of that up-air. It also means that ROB can't effectively edgegaurd Ganon unless somehow Ganon's back is facing ROB. ROB also has to watch out in case Ganon decides to go suicidal and teach ROB about trying to edgegarud him. Ganon obviously cannot edgegaurd ROB unless it somehow gets below Ganon, in which case it should watch out for a reverse uair or a regular Ganon-spike. This shouldn't happen, because Ganon doesn't have any moves that send ROB in a downward trajectory and close enough that Ganon can follow up with an attack before ROB flies away.
The suicide is definitely not a good move because ROB can easily edgehog Ganondorf.
Let alone the fact that ROB's Bair, Fair, Dair and Nair will break the side B each time.
Ganondorf has no method to prevent ROb from edgeguarding him since the most he can do is side B and suicide which most likely won't happen because of ROB's good mobility in the air. As well as the fact that his Fair can break the choke.

Off stage Ganondorf is at a severe disadvantage and he can easily stay just above Ganondorf so he can use a Dair to bait a suicide or spike Ganondorf with no risk at all.
Both sides are going to have trouble killing each other. ROB doesn't have many kill moves that have enough range that ROB can get near Ganon without worrying about being grabbed, flame-choked, D-smashed, or auto-canceled d-air'd.
Not really. He cna use his laser, gyro and Bairs to pressure and force Ganondorf off. He uis faste rthan Ganondorf attack wise so the range is little issue.
Flame choke does nothing to an aerial ROb and the Dsmash is too slow to be landed.
An autocanceled air would get Faired so Ganondorf cannot keep ROB away very easily.

The same thing applying to Ganon, who's going to make most of his moves stale trying to damage ROB and may need to land a f-tilt or b-air to finally take the stock. Certainly, that luck can also apply to ROB and landing his kill moves as well, so we definately can't favor one side over another as to which side can kill the other first.[/quote
I disagre. Ganondorf has difficulty approaching and has difficulty landing the killing moves due to ROB ability to say out of Ganondorf's reach. Even if Ganondorf is within reach, his faster moves are still too slow to be used effectively since they typically will not kill ROB and ROB is more than adept at getting back to the stage and resetting the match to nuetral.

Ganondorf simply has too few methods of maintaining an advantage or maintaining the pressure on ROB.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I found a mistake here

in TL's matchups its got snake as a neutral, and in Snake's matchups he got it as an advantage.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Ness should be even to DK. NEss has slightly below average range on his attacks, and playing a DK is a pain.
But a Bsticked PK fire with PK jump is trouble for DK. I say even matchup.

Lucas should have a neutral or an advantage on Wario. Wario DOES NO, have a grab release forward smash on Lucas (only Ness) Basically, a grab release forward smash is: Grab, let go, FSMASH!

PS: Ironically, Wario is grab released forward smash by EVERY SINGLE TALL CHARACTER IN THE GAME!

Wario should be at a disadvantage against DK, Marth, and A HUGE X against DDD, see blueshell for more details/.

-__-

Smash Ace
PS: Ironically, Wario is grab released forward smash by EVERY SINGLE TALL CHARACTER IN THE GAME!

Wario should be at a disadvantage against DK, Marth, and A HUGE X against DDD, see blueshell for more details/.
wario gets or does a grab release? cuz theres not 1 character thats big that can grab release fsmash... it takes way to long. Wario can beat Dedede really bad so its neutral vs Dedede.

Wario can get chain grabbed but only by noobs Look at Eli's Wario and youll see what i mean its impossible to get 1 grab on him.

the other 2 he is at a disadvantage. Dk can spike him if he bikes, and marth out ranges him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucas should have a neutral or an advantage on Wario. Wario DOES NO, have a grab release forward smash on Lucas (only Ness) Basically, a grab release forward smash is: Grab, let go, FSMASH!

Neutral for Lucas vs Wario, they both have strong points. Lucas has higher priority on most stuff, while Wario is generally faster and stronger. They both can recover well most of the time and while Lucas has Pk fire, Wario doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as most characters.

Should be neutral for DK Vs Wario as well, while the rest you mentioned sound accurate. Marth has a lot of range on Wario and Dedede is... well Dedede lol.

Edit:
Wario can beat Dedede really bad so its neutral vs Dedede.

Wario can get chain grabbed but only by noobs Look at Eli's Wario and youll see what i mean its impossible to get 1 grab on him.

the other 2 he is at a disadvantage. Dk can spike him if he bikes, and marth out ranges him.

Wario is not neutral against Dedede, the matchup is largely considered to be at least an advantage for Dedede, if not a large one now. Dedede is a counter pick against Wario, that is the sad truth.

Wario is a slippery character/hard to land a grab on, but with Dedede's range, he will still gets grabs off even if you only mess up a tiny bit. It's not the chaingrab we fear, but rather what he can do after it ends.

Dk vs Wario is pretty neutral, the Spike is not a big enough factor to merit an advantage for DK. Dk can get caught up in some nasty Wario Combo's due to his size/weight, while DK is pretty powerful and has good range and a pretty solid approach as well.

Marth does have the advantage, but nowhere as big as the one Dedede has.

-__-

Smash Ace
Neutral for Lucas vs Wario, they both have strong points. Lucas has higher priority on most stuff, while Wario is generally faster and stronger. They both can recover well most of the time and while Lucas has Pk fire, Wario doesn't seem to be bothered by it as much as most characters.

Should be neutral for DK Vs Wario as well, while the rest you mentioned sound accurate. Marth has a lot of range on Wario and Dedede is... well Dedede lol.

Edit:

Wario is not neutral against Dedede, the matchup is largely considered to be at least an advantage for Dedede, if not a large one now. Dedede is a counter pick against Wario, that is the sad truth.

Wario is a slippery character/hard to land a grab on, but with Dedede's range, he will still gets grabs off even if you only mess up a tiny bit. It's not the chaingrab we fear, but rather what he can do after it ends.

Dk vs Wario is pretty neutral, the Spike is not a big enough factor to merit an advantage for DK. Dk can get caught up in some nasty Wario Combo's due to his size/weight, while DK is pretty powerful and has good range and a pretty solid approach as well.

Marth does have the advantage, but nowhere as big as the one Dedede has.
its really the other way around wario has the advantage on dedede if you come to NYC watch me play Eli and you'll see how tough it is considering i am the best dedede in NY or so i think :-\ and Eli is one of the best warios. He uses Dededes grab range to his advantage...how? well if he holds the bite from far and i try to grab him i get sucked into his mouth instead of me grabbing him... wario's auto cancel dair to bite ***** dedede

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grab releases on wario are different than other character's grab releases. He "jumps" out of the grab, but it can be followed up with attacks. DDD's grab range is pretty frightening as well. DDD has the advantage dude. There shouldn't really be an argument here. He's pretty much telling IvanEva to change it, not debating it.>_>

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
Kirby > Falco

Crouches under lasers, bair has too much priority, has a ******** grab combo since falco's a fastfaller. it's not a really bad matchup since falco has a few tricks of his own, but he can't use as much of what he has that gives him an advantage over other characters.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kirby > Falco

Crouches under lasers, bair has too much priority, has a ******** grab combo since falco's a fastfaller. it's not a really bad matchup since falco has a few tricks of his own, but he can't use as much of what he has that gives him an advantage over other characters.
I second that. Falco can't even CG Kirby and Kirby can suck Falco in with B and spit him out, when they're off of the stage. Falco can't make it back then but Kirby can. Oh and all attempts of Falco to Edgeguard Kirby fail too...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay... Zelda/Shiek matchups from my experience:

-Snake
I don't have a whole lot of experience with him. But he's no pushover so he's GOTTA be neutral or bad for her.. not expereinced enough to say which.

-Lucas
LOTS of experience here. He's not awful for Zelda, but he's certainly an uphill battle. For shiek, however, it's the other way around, shiek clearly has the advantage.

-Ness

Slightly less experience here than lucas but, he's not near as tough for Zelda... it's about dead even. Sheik doesn't like him that much though... Zelda fares better against him.

- Marth and Game and watch.

lately I've been having a LOT more success with them by playing a Zelda/Shiek combo... it's still not the best matchup, but it's not as bad as I once thought it was.

-Fox
OMG... both Zelda AND shiek destroy him. it's an AWFUL matchup for fox and an EASY win for Zelda/Shiek. on the offensive, shiek can Ftilt lock to usmash for a kill or at least massive damage, on defensive, Fox just can't get inside zelda easily.

-Falco
like fox but tougher... it's no easy win, but I'd still give this to Zelda/Shiek if I had to bet... but I don't have the most experience here.

-DDD
gets ***** by Zelda... gameplay is COMPLETELY countered.

- Metaknight
awful for shiek but not really bad at all for Zelda... pretty even in all my experience.

- olimar
Not Zelda's easiest matchup, but Shiek pretty comfortably kills him at super low damages by easily edgeguarding.

- ZSS
Shiek can edgeguard her and Zelda just outplays her on the ground... I'd give this to Zelda easy. It's not a HUGE advantage, but it's a noticable one.

- Peach
Awful... just as bad as marth... uphill battle for Zelda in either form no matter what this chart says.

-Captain falcon and Ganondorf
**** fest... sorry guys.

-Ike
not the best for Zelda, but gets rocked by shiek

-Ice climbers
Zelda is hard to grab and easily mobs the two of them... this is her matchup to lose.

- Link and TL
never found them particularly easy... more like even really.... though adult link is pretty much dead as soon as you connect even once with Dsmash.

-Pit
always a momentum match to me, so I can't weigh in a whole lot

- ROB
a tough competitor, but a strong Zelda/Shiek combo can beat him more often than not.

Sonic
he can beat Zelda up airborne, and dodges din's pretty easily and is hard for shiek to kill... but all the other advantages go to Zelda/Shiek in this matchup

erm... that's all I care to weigh in on for now.... please respond peeps.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I play ROB, and I and many other people who play him do indeed find Zelda to be a bad match-up StH.
As for the Sonic part :
Zelda > Sonic
Sheik = Sonic

From personal experience anyway. Sheik's edge-guarding game (where she gets most of her kills) is less effective against Sonic because of his above average recovery, so she struggles for KO's here. There aren't really any clear advantages for anyone in this match-up, I find it pretty momentum based.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Grab releases on wario are different than other character's grab releases. He "jumps" out of the grab, but it can be followed up with attacks. DDD's grab range is pretty frightening as well. DDD has the advantage dude. There shouldn't really be an argument here. He's pretty much telling IvanEva to change it, not debating it.>_>
That is correct. Even though I am biased towards my main, I do have to accept my character's bad matchups, and Dedede is considered by many Wario's out there to be his hardest matchup (The next two would be Luigi and G&W).

I would like some DK opinions about Wario vs DK. I think it is pretty even, but I am curious to see what the other side thinks.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Kirby > Falco

FAIL!

I second that. Falco can't even CG Kirby and Kirby can suck Falco in with B and spit him out, when they're off of the stage. Falco can't make it back then but Kirby can. Oh and all attempts of Falco to Edgeguard Kirby fail too...
and FAIL!

It has been agreed upon between the kirby and falco boards that this is a neutral match-up or a 55-45 falco. Even the kirby boards say kirby is NOT at an advantage against falco.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
lol being able to break marths sword dance with a jab isnt an advantage? jab cancel to uptilts to upair to nair isnt an advantage?
Except that it doesn't break Marth's sword dance.
Unless you're talking about the little pokes on the fourth hit.

In which case the Marth can just do one of the other two endings instead.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
to sth i have not played many peach's but the ones i have played i beat and it was not that hard of fight i don't see why you think peach beats zelda

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
May I request that sheik/zelda be posted as one character, since they are in fact one character? If I'm trying to find out who I should pick to counter that annoying Zelda who hurts my poor ROB I'm going to be sadly disappointed (according to the chart) if I pick Ness. sheik and Zelda can be swapped back and forth anytime. They are one character. Also would be nice for Pokemon trainer. You can't use squirtle, you can't use Ivysaur and you can't use Charizard. In the very least you need to use two. You could keep the single ones, but it'd be nice if those compiled were added to the end. Since the swap from samus to zamus takes time (impossible for me, I just can't do it) and is generally less useful than just picking zamus I don't think that would be necessary. It's a one way permanent swap.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The Yoshi sections of the chart really, really needs to be updated. For example, Yoshi owns Wario. Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom