• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Kirby=Yoshi. The boards agreed on it about 35 years ago.
Yoshi=Ganondorf. You said you agreed with this in a PM to me.
Yoshi=Wario. Just because YOU can't perform the infinite doesn't mean that it's even.
Yoshi>>>>>Ganon. Grab release CG and grab release Fair spike make easy work of him...
oh and isn't yoshi=MK? most people say it's 55:45 mks advantage, which is kinda considerred nuetral

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that the Ice Climber matchups could use a lot of work, but I won't get into that.

For the Diddy matchups., I'm pretty sure that he does not have an advantage over Luigi. We have a hard time doing much to him due to his slippery nature, especially after being hit by a banana. He also is pretty good in the air, and a formidable opponent to Diddy's underrated aerial game.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
CAN YOU PLEASE FIX CAPTAIN FALCON'S MATCH UPS?

Jesus Christ man if you want the honest unbiased CF match ups I'll post if needed send me a PM or something

I know ma falcon match ups
this chart is bogus

Sharky

Smash Master
Change yoshi vs squirtle to a big advantage for Yoshi. One grab=death for squirtle with a release spike.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I think Pikachu has an advantage over MK.
Let me help you with this one:

-Meta Knight outranges Pikachu.
-Meta Knight has a better ground game even if Pika's DSmash ***** Meta.
-Thunder does not work since Meta can stall over the abyss.
-Pikachu has no mid-range game to challenge Meta and Pika does not fare well at close range.

Although, I do think it is 60:40 Meta. Meta's shield can't take Pika's DSmash, Meta can't edgeguard Pikachu too well, Pikachu can answer his edge stalling with thunder jolts, and Pika kills Meta easier.

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX CAPTAIN FALCON'S MATCH UPS?

Jesus Christ man if you want the honest unbiased CF match ups I'll post if needed send me a PM or something

I know ma falcon match ups
this chart is bogus
Yeah I know. Squirtle and Ganondorf should have an advantage over the captain. But seriously, enlighten me on which matchups you think are neutral for Falcon.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Yeah I know. Squirtle and Ganondorf should have an advantage over the captain. But seriously, enlighten me on which matchups you think are neutral for Falcon.
Ganondorf actually does have an advantage over Captain Falcon. As long as you don't get overwhelmed by his pure speed then you realize that Captain Falcon doesn't have that many safe options against Ganondorf's defense game.

Why can't we get people to start serious debates in here since this thread is degrading to how badly IvanEva fails at this.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
A Suggestion:

Everyone stop posting in this topic, and let it slip into pages unvisited.

That will solve the problem, and we can focus on getting Dangr's chart as accurate as possible.

OK? No more posting.

Let's see if it works.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It doesn't help when everyone's "YOUR CHART SUCKS."

According to the OP, this is all Ivan's opinion. Posting in this thread, you're supposed to change his mind. Posting "wrong wrong wrong" isn't the way to do that.

Disagree, and tell him why.

Of course this is the Smashboards, if Ivan's doing it right, the chart is going to be "crappy" no matter what.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
DK? Disadvantage to Diddy and Ice Climbers?

1. IC's biggest strength is their grab, DK has down-b that OUTRANGES ALL OF THEIR MOVES BASICALLY + gets rid of B spam.

2. Tilts >>>>>>>>>>>> IC's grab range
3. Smashes >>>>>>>>>>> IC's low traction (if they shield)
4. They are lightweights chars, they die early to him.
5. UNLESS THEY GET A GRAB, DK will be around forever....

Diddy Kong:

Have you taken a look at this matchup? Diddy Kong doesn't KO a good DK until roughly 150% unless the DK horribly screws up. DK's glide toss is actually pretty good, and he can steal your bananas and start glide toss dsmashing, etc, all around.

His up-B has SA frames, and racks up an easy 20% with improper DI (lol, 3-4% with proper DI)

The only "bad" matchups DK has IMO is:

Luigi
King DeDeDe
Wario

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
The only "bad" matchups DK has IMO is:
Luigi
King DeDeDe
Wario
Kirby
^Fixed. If we need to, we can fc spam to get you away. Even though it's a pretty bad projectile, you guys have none. The only real advantages you have over us are that you can KO us at low percents and that you can gimp us with your 3(?) meteors. However, we can also gimp you with our meteor (and bair and fair for WoP), and our recovery is better than yours:p. So there's just that you can KO us early. Oh, also, we can steal your giant punch and KO you somewhat earlier. I'd say it's 65-35 or 70-30 in Kirby's favor. I've played a lot of good DKs with my Kirby, and only had trouble with one (who would basically knock you offstage and ledgecamp FOREVER; by far my abusing/"cheap" opponent ever. Everyone who's brawled him hates to).

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Can we please let this thread die?

Just let it get off first page, come on. This is hopeless.

Edit : This could at least be moved. User blogs or something seems fitting, considering that this is the OP's own opinion, and any suggestions on improvement no matter how detailed are largely ignored.

Clai

Smash Lord
^No! I refuse to let this die!

For real post: Kirby<Pit? Kirby>Pit. See here.
This guy speaks the truth. It's just too much fun arguing about the inaccuracies in this chart to have this thread just die. I say keep this rolling, because the glaring errors in this list will get people's attention a lot faster than anything else on the matter of matchups.

And on the manner of Kirby vs. Pit, it's just way too hard to get Kirby past Pit's defenses and get in close enough for any serious damage. There is simply no answer to an agile Pit.

The gayest flowery pansy-boy in this entire game and that includes all the broken charactersPit> Kirby

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
^No! I refuse to let this die!

For real post: Kirby<Pit? Kirby>Pit. See here.
This guy speaks the truth. It's just too much fun arguing about the inaccuracies in this chart to have this thread just die. I say keep this rolling, because the glaring errors in this list will get people's attention a lot faster than anything else on the matter of matchups.

And on the manner of Kirby vs. Pit, it's just way too hard to get Kirby past Pit's defenses and get in close enough for any serious damage. There is simply no answer to an agile Pit.

The gayest flowery pansy-boy in this entire game and that includes all the broken charactersPit> Kirby
If you had looked at the thread I linked to, you would have seen the arguments. The pits are arguing neutral, but all the Kirbies (I think all of us) are saying 55-45 or 60-40 (one guy said it was 90-10 or something; he's crazy).

Their ground games are about even, but Kirby's air game is better, Kirby can kill at lower percents, and Kirby can gimp Pit more easily than Pit can gimp Kirby. That's basically the Kirby's side in this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about you guys start discussions in the matchup threads? You know... to discuss matchups?

Then I'll have more to update for the other chart! :bee:

win-win?

.......... >_____> ...........

Clai

Smash Lord
If you had looked at the thread I linked to, you would have seen the arguments. The pits are arguing neutral, but all the Kirbies (I think all of us) are saying 55-45 or 60-40 (one guy said it was 90-10 or something; he's crazy).

Their ground games are about even, but Kirby's air game is better, Kirby can kill at lower percents, and Kirby can gimp Pit more easily than Pit can gimp Kirby. That's basically the Kirby's side in this.
I read the arguments, and none of them were very convincing. From the language in the arguments that the Kirbies were using, it seemed that nobody has really played Pit when used to his full potential. Maybe it's just my inability to fight faster players, but I seriously don't know how we could possibly have an advantage over a character who's faster, more mobile, and has more priority than we do.

For me personally, Pit is just a terrible, terrible matchup, no matter what I do with Kirby. It's the reason I picked up another character to deal with that matchup. No pro-Kirby arguments are going to surpass my experiences fighting good Pit players.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
How about you guys start discussions in the matchup threads? You know... to discuss matchups?

Then I'll have more to update for the other chart! :bee:

win-win?

.......... >_____> ...........
This man speaks the truth. This thread needs to die.
Or have the TC update it, but that'll happen when Pit becomes manlier than Falcon.

Coffee™

I need it....
If you had looked at the thread I linked to, you would have seen the arguments. The pits are arguing neutral, but all the Kirbies (I think all of us) are saying 55-45 or 60-40
One single Pit player posted in that thread with "his" opinion of the matchup. His posts do not solely respresent the opinions of the Pit boards.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
The end of my chart. For now.

Alas, my time with this chart is over. Far too many other things have been pulling my attention away from Brawl in general (MK vs. DCU, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, getting a game related job, drawing/animating some sprites for a hobby game, etc.) and so it's time for me to bid my little chart goodbye.

Some people liked it, some hated it, but it was a fun little adventure regardless. I haven't checked these Smash boards for a while now (outside of the Ottawa threads) so I'm probably missing quite a few advancements in techs and such that I'll likely never look into anytime soon. One thing I'm sad to see is that DanGR's chart still isn't finished. I'd figured that by now every character board would have had it's own match-ups lists fully discussed and such. I can now only strongly encourage everybody to help out with Dan's chart to help it reach completion.

I'm glad that this thread heated up a lot of people, for better or worse, and that it, at the very least, sparked some discussions on how certain characters fare off against one another. Many thanks to everybody who has helped me in some way. It'll be interesting to see how Dan's chart turns out!

Oh yeah, and Metaknight totally has the advantage on Yoshi! :)

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
Alas, my time with this chart is over. Far too many other things have been pulling my attention away from Brawl in general (MK vs. DCU, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, getting a game related job, drawing/animating some sprites for a hobby game, etc.) and so it's time for me to bid my little chart goodbye.

Some people liked it, some hated it, but it was a fun little adventure regardless. I haven't checked these Smash boards for a while now (outside of the Ottawa threads) so I'm probably missing quite a few advancements in techs and such that I'll likely never look into anytime soon. One thing I'm sad to see is that DanGR's chart still isn't finished. I'd figured that by now every character board would have had it's own match-ups lists fully discussed and such. I can now only strongly encourage everybody to help out with Dan's chart to help it reach completion.

I'm glad that this thread heated up a lot of people, for better or worse, and that it, at the very least, sparked some discussions on how certain characters fare off against one another. Many thanks to everybody who has helped me in some way. It'll be interesting to see how Dan's chart turns out!

Oh yeah, and Metaknight totally has the advantage on Yoshi! :)
Oh god no :(

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
wow great job
my main (yoshi) has a lot of disadvantages, its ok though..more motivation to prove it wrong haha
my secondary (wolf) seems great
im sure its accurate though

I. H. O. P. Ness

Smash Rookie
sorry to ****ing say, but you have to ****ing lock this thread, either update it with the correct matches or request for lock. You see, match up charts change, Metaknight used to have advantages over every character, but now some match ups are 50:50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom