• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee™

I need it....
Some of Pits matchups are pretty outdated as well.

Pit >> Captain Falcon
Pit >> Ganondorf
Pit > Donkey Kong
Pit > King Dedede
Pit > Ness
Pit = Peach
Pit = Pikachu
Pit > Snake
Pit = Zero Suit Samus

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Being at a distance that isn't choking range or closer from Pit w/Snake is annoying, and getting in that range is annoying, but overall disadvantaged, I don't know.

Coffee™

I need it....
pit is not = to peach either......we had a matchup discussion and agreed it was in peaches favor.
The Peach boards matchup discussion declared the matchup as 55:45 in favor of Peach, while the general consensus on the Pit boards is that the matchup is neutral. Either way the matchup is currently listed as a small advantage to Pit, which neither board currently agrees with. Since the Peach boards list the matchup as 55:45 (which isn't too big of an advantage to begin with) and the Pit boards currently think of it as 50:50 anyway an easy enough compromise would be simply to list the matchup as a neutral.

Pit = Wolf and Pit does certainly not have the advantage over Snake
I disagree that Wolf = Pit and personally agree with the chart as listing it as a small disadvantage to Wolf but i'm not really going to get into why. With regards to Snake, the general consensus amongst the Pit boards is that the matchup is in Pits advantage, I can't speak for the Snake boards as they haven't discussed the matchup yet. However if you take a look at Pit's advantages in the matchup you will see that they are in fact fairly similar, arguably better than the ones Pikachu and Rob have, two characters that are generally listed as having advantages over Snake.

gantrain05

Smash Master
actually the peach boards were really set on 60-40 peach but there were a couple pits who just kept arguing the same crap over and over even though we proved it to be wrong so we listed it as 55-45.....they wouldn't leave lol.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Gran, I just saw the discussion again and most of the Peach were 55-45. Some of you said it was Peach advantage but overall everyone agreed at neutral matchup.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness shouldn't have a disadvabtage against
DK, Diddy, Fox, Iceclimbers, Link, Olimar, Sonic,Pit,ZSS and squirtle.

Most matchup topics have said characters at even or above.
Changes should be:

Ness=DK
Ness= or > Diddy (not to sure_
Ness>fox
Ness=IC
Ness=Link
Ness>Olimar
Ness=Sonic
Ness=ZSS
Ness=Squirtle
Ness=Pit

And Mania, shut up will ya! Your the same dude who said Pit had a grab release Fsmash on Wario, and kept bringing useless points in most of the Pit matchups.

Coffee™

I need it....
And Mania, shut up will ya! Your the same dude who said Pit had a grab release Fsmash on Wario, and kept bringing useless points in most of the Pit matchups.
Lol, pretty pathetic way to try to attack me. At least get your facts straight :laugh:. I never said Pit had a confirmed grab release Fsmash on Wario, I only asked about it and said it was something I was looking into at the time I posted in that thread. And what useless points was I bringing up in matchups? Enlighten me.

Both the Ness boards and the Pit boards agreed that the matchup was about 55:45 in favor of Pit.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Ness shouldn't have a disadvabtage against
DK, Diddy, Fox, Iceclimbers, Link, Olimar, Sonic,Pit,ZSS and squirtle.

Most matchup topics have said characters at even or above.
Changes should be:

Ness=DK
Ness= or > Diddy (not to sure_
Ness>fox
Ness=IC
Ness=Link
Ness>Olimar
Ness=Sonic
Ness=ZSS
Ness=Squirtle
Ness=Pit

When you mention that only your character's disadvantages are wrong and are all at least neutral, you're probably going to be wrong on a few points, unless you're MK.

How does Ness have advantage over Olimar? Olimar wins on ground, Ness wins in air, whenever someone goes offstage, someone gets gimped.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
When you mention that only your character's disadvantages are wrong and are all at least neutral, you're probably going to be wrong on a few points, unless you're MK.

How does Ness have advantage over Olimar? Olimar wins on ground, Ness wins in air, whenever someone goes offstage, someone gets gimped.
Hehe, Ness recovery is leages above Olimar's.

These matchups have already been discussed. (maybe not Olimar) but most of them have been around neutral e.c.t.

hizzlum

Smash Journeyman
About DDD being = to wario in that match-up, I think that is outdated, and tournament play by top level pros seems to suggest that. Teba of Socal is considered the best DDD of the west coast and probably in the top 5 DDD's of the nation. Futile, 2nd in socal rankings where teba is 3rd, is widely considered the best wario in the west coast and could be argued as the best wario of the US. And it just so hapens that whenever these two professionals play, displaying the top level of skill with both of their characters, Teba seems to always be victorius and it has been noted by many other smashers that whenever these guys play, you should bet on Teba. The CG just slightly tilts this match in favor of DDD, and is able to just barely over come wario's pressure game.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Whoa, I blink for a second and then there's three pages for me to read. Yeah, I'll incorporate some of the changes mentioned (but most certainly not all...).

The three posts in a row with different values for the Kirby/Sonic match-up made me laugh. Can't please everybody. :)

Note: I might be a bit slow in updating this again for a week or two since I'm working on a new version.

exidid

Smash Journeyman

These matchups have already been discussed. (maybe not Olimar) but most of them have been around neutral e.c.t.
I don't think so. Olimar can avoid being gimped with his downB and his tether is very long. He also has great air movement and a good jump. I'm not saying Olimar's is better than Ness's but the difference is not that big.

Also, Maniac: isn't a 55-45 matchup an even matchup?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
No.

45:55 - 55:45 = neutral

60:40/65:35 = advantage.

70:30+ = large advantage

And the inverse for disadvantages.

Oh and Ivan Eva, Sonic and Kirby boards have agreed on a 60:40 advantage Kirby.
Not that that usually makes a difference. >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The three posts in a row with different values for the Kirby/Sonic match-up made me laugh. Can't please everybody. :)
Your goal shouldn't be to please people. Your goal should be to get the matchups right.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't think so. Olimar can avoid being gimped with his downB and his tether is very long. He also has great air movement and a good jump. I'm not saying Olimar's is better than Ness's but the difference is not that big.

Also, Maniac: isn't a 55-45 matchup an even matchup?
Yes it's quite big. It's ridiculous easy to edge guard his tether. Ness DJ>Olimar's. And while Olimar's aerial movement is better than Ness but not by much.

Ivana, when will you update Ness'. Most of it is horribly inaccurate.

EX: The Sonic boards have Ness at neutral, the Ness boards have Sonic has neutral. Do the math!
DK vs Ness should be even, as well as Diddy. Ignoring this would be a crime. And there are much more, but seriously arguing this point won't make a difference since you update on the fly like that.

XienZo

Smash Lord

Olimar gimps Ness just as easily.

Ness has better jumps, Olimar has super armor. If either has to use up-B, they're dead.

Yes it's quite big. It's ridiculous easy to edge guard his tether. Ness DJ>Olimar's. And while Olimar's aerial movement is better than Ness but not by much.
Its ridiculously easy to chuck a pikmin onto Ness. Or we can just stand near the edge and F-smash if you go from below.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Olimar gimps Ness just as easily.

Ness has better jumps, Olimar has super armor. If either has to use up-B, they're dead.

Its ridiculously easy to chuck a pikmin onto Ness. Or we can just stand near the edge and F-smash if you go from below.
Untrue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyyYqSa9ZQ

It helps way to easily.
Olimar may have the super armor, but his distance is terrible.
Ness ledge snap distance is ridiculously good, while Olimar's isn't.

Pikmin can be killed with nair.

Smart PKT usage>Smart Olimar recovering usage.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Untrue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyyYqSa9ZQ

It helps way to easily.
Olimar may have the super armor, but his distance is terrible.
Ness ledge snap distance is ridiculously good, while Olimar's isn't.

Pikmin can be killed with nair.

Smart PKT usage>Smart Olimar recovering usage.
except, if olimar throws pikmins at you while your recovering you only have the option to PK thunder or to die, if you Nair you will end up too low to recover w/out being edgehogged, and i believe olimar gets alot better horizontal distance than ness does on his DJ, i should know i second olimar and use ness as counterpicks and trust me, they are both just as easily gimped.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Ur beating at a dead horse dude...:(

He never updates this thing

I wish someone would make a better one...
All that somebody making a new chart will do is create a new inaccurate chart based on that person's personal findings, which will leave gaping holes just like in Ivan's chart, but without any of the knowledge brought upon by the almost-300 pages of information that contributed to this chart. It will just be a circle of ignorance over and over and over again. Please, just stick with this chart, it will be hammered out, and we won't have the craziness of losing all the progress we've done so far.

Looks like Kirby's matchups are pretty good, I see no major problems.

gantrain05

Smash Master
this chart doesn't get anywhere....what really needs to be done is to get DanGR's chart from all the character matchup thread results, and make that into a chart, cuz this one is way off.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Kirby=Yoshi. The boards agreed on it about 35 years ago.
Yoshi>>Ganondorf. You said you agreed with this in a PM to me.
Yoshi=Wario. Just because YOU can't perform the infinite doesn't mean that it's even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom