• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - 6 months in. What does Australia think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i would argue, but arguing to him, he wouldn't understand in the first place
he says he has played the game for years, but still with his posts, he has demonstrated how little he really knows about the game at all >_>

sakurai the dud decided to change the game, he isn't smart
well he is smart, since all they want there isn't to make the best game ever, its to make the game that will get them the most money, and look at brawls sales, that guy is amazing

Dedu

Smash Lord
sakurai must be reeling in millions for his crappiest creation evaaar.

Goes to show that mediocrity is the new black these days...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i would argue, but arguing to him, he wouldn't understand in the first place
he says he has played the game for years, but still with his posts, he has demonstrated how little he really knows about the game at all >_>
1. Think I don't know the game? fly your *** over here and say that after a match.

2. This is not the 'mic sucks lol' thread. Any futher crap like that WILL be warned and the thread closed. I've had enough of that garbage from the ******** Americans, I shouldn't be seeing Aussies act like pan-brained yanks. What's next, you're going to get in a pickup truck for your date with your sister?

3. Strange how only the Melee die-hards are resorting to pathetic name calling and personal insults.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
firstly i like all.. n64 smash bros, meele and brawl..

brawl is a good game, it has lots of modes and events which is interesting and trophies and challenges blah blah which is good. its even got internet play... (however internet sucks)

downfall of brawl is it is slower than meele... when i first got it i am like... why am i running slow..
chain grabbing is pretty bad 2 :X
still angry about captain falcons knee XD
ultimately.. i would have liked a meele version 2.. but ill make do with brawl its playable =P
it seems to have less epicness and skill to it tho..
more mindgames tho so thats good for me XD

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Just my 2 cents here, 6 months in I'm liking brawl. Sure it's an adjustment after playing melee for so long, but I don't mind it. I still think it's early days to say switch game is ultimately better/more balanced ect.
Personaly I think brawl is more balanced than Melee.(Don't quote and argue this)
If you don't like brawl, don't play it no ones putting a gun to your head.
I think smash scene will become similar to the street fighter scene, like street fighter 2 will always be around in the back ground but most play street fighter 3 because it's a bit more subdued and more balanced, bit like brawl I rkn anyway.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Where's the love for Mic? : o
What he's said so far seems perfectly justified to me.

I would've thought most Aussies would understand better than others what Brawl means to the Australian Smash Scene. Like it or hate it, it's here to stay, and it's one of our greatest assets.

Though, not everyone is interested in the bettering of the community.

I've found, even in my own crew, that people can be very selfish and lazy towards their respective communities world wide. People carry on about how much they want Melee, but do nothing other than demand a resurgence, and demand that tournaments be held for them, without actually going about doing something about it.

Stop arguing about whether Melee is the better designed game or not, and do something about reviving its competitive scene.

An invitation to Melee'ers:
Come to Queensland on the 27th of September and support your game.

PS:
Brawl will never be Melee. And this is a good thing, because it doesn't need to be.
The only thing I can fault Brawl for, are the adverse effects its having on my melee game =_=
I beat Cao's Marth once with Sheik, I don't think I'll be duplicating that success again unless I really start practicing again.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Brawl has done wonders for Perth!
I love brawl. Brawl gives me hope for good tourny placings! I started picking melee up seriously too late, and it was as though i couldn't catch up.
Yes, i sucked at melee.

That being said, we actually have a (very premature, but still awesome) tournament scene in perth now. thats more then i can say for the what, 9-12 serious melee players in perth?
Brawl is a good game because it's brought together a community of people who enjoy it, play seriously, and consistently improve.

Brawl =/= sux

Dedu

Smash Lord
yes brawl=sux
I agree too Cobalt!

Melee has its moments that brawl never can match at all...
Until we see brawl get faster than it is now.

hmmm!

Dedu

Smash Lord
He posted while I was writing mine!

Too bad.

But I can give one reason - brawl lacks finesse and tight responses. Attacks are always inconsistently spaced, meaning it requires more effort to space and secondly, the aerial shield dodge move isn't that flexible as a defensive option.

But I can say Brawl really likes your mad skills as it is very user friendly in helping you recover.
Stickier edgehogging? Plus.
Harder to fall down platforms? NOT a plus.
Pikachu's down smash ridiculous hitbox? Plus.
Getting hit by that dsmash?

What do you think?

hmmm...

S.D

Smash Master
Why can't we all just get along?

I prefer melee for all the reasons already outlined, predominantly by Kulla whose melee tournaments I'm looking forward to.

That being said, it'd be nice if brawl and melee could somehow co-exist without either dying, keeping everyone happy.

Muzga

Smash Ace
He posted while I was writing mine!

Too bad.

But I can give one reason - brawl lacks finesse and tight responses. Attacks are always inconsistently spaced, meaning it requires more effort to space and secondly, the aerial shield dodge move isn't that flexible as a defensive option.

But I can say Brawl really likes your mad skills as it is very user friendly in helping you recover.
Stickier edgehogging? Plus.
Harder to fall down platforms? NOT a plus.
Pikachu's down smash ridiculous hitbox? Plus.
Getting hit by that dsmash?

What do you think?

hmmm...
I think that is a comparison!
I never said brawl was a better game then melee!
Im just saying it doesnt suck, theyre different games so stop comparing them!

Spacing in brawl is different. recovery is different. everything is different.
Why? it's not the same game,
Youre just going into auto-compare as opposed to acknowledging the good points of both games.

My prediction is that you are now thinking, but brawl has no good points.
That is not true, you just prefer melee.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im a melee die hard? is that why im showing up to every monthly for the melb scene, and consistently doing well too? (par this month lol)
mic says the game is combo city, do you even watch the high level play? aka: m2k, pc chris, azen, ken blah blah
yeah theres ken combos or whatever, but you talk about the combos in that game like they're instant win
go watch some youtube vids and come back here
heck even watch the melbourne vids uploaded, i get rolled by freddo, cao and more, but it isnt 0-death over and over, they read me like a book, and punish me consistantly, not combo me to death

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
wow omg i got 3 points because of my last 2 posts. my sarcasm fails on the internet. why would i attend all the monthlies and be placed 1st on the Victorian power rankings if i thought brawl sux? i said that cuz this thread just got turned into a increase-your-post-count-by-spamming.

@mods: Well I can't blame ya for me giving me those points. The way I typed those things made me look like a ****** (if you didn't get the joke from the start).

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, hard to tell sarcasm on the internet if all you write is: "Yes, brawl sucks.".

LOL, Dedu, seriously.
"Getting hit by Pikachu Dsmash?" What do you think.
Uh...
Peach DSmash, Melee? Oh, sorry, that's not THAT bad. C:
Pretty sure Melee is more about combos than Brawl is as well considering there is negative stun time in Brawl which is ridiculous but you gotta live with it.
And LOL to the "uhh aerial dodge is less usable" crud, wth, you can use aerial dodge MORE than once, doesn't that make it MORE useful? Obviously not, lol, considering the momentum-drive or w/e of it just negates its usefulness to 0, right.

You guys don't even know how to compare anymore.
You're all just saying Brawl sucks with 'no' justifications WITHOUT obviously comparing it to Melee (just what Muzga said).

Like Redact said, it's about the money, and the user-friendliness.
Sakurai: "Omg, no, I can't keep around 2000 or w/e people that play this game hardcore competitively. How bad compared to the new 4 million new people that want to play this game because it's so awesome. Suck my b@lls."
If you're all so fkin competitive then play Melee and stfu.
That's what Melee is there for, to play, and to be technically insane at (and mind-gamey of course).
There is NO Melee Version 2 so CRY SOMEWHERE ELSE.
FFS.

Phil you are a Melee die-hard considering you won't stop saying how **** Brawl is and how much you fap over Melee.
Which goes to everyone else that's doing the same.
Be APATHETIC at the least if you don't like Brawl, stop defending Melee because, if NONE of you have realised by now, NO ONE LISTENS.

Turning apathetic from this point on.
This thread is pointless it might as well be closed.

_X_

Smash Lord
wow omg i got 3 points because of my last 2 posts. my sarcasm fails on the internet. why would i attend all the monthlies and be placed 1st on the Victorian power rankings if i thought brawl sux? i said that cuz this thread just got turned into a increase-your-post-count-by-spamming.

@mods: Well I can't blame ya for me giving me those points. The way I typed those things made me look like a ****** (if you didn't get the joke from the start).
There was a joke...

And no one told me... :(

You don't need to close it, just rename it.

Australia Debates; Brawl VS. Melee.

Muzga

Smash Ace
There was a joke...

And no one told me... :(

You don't need to close it, just rename it.

Australia Debates; Brawl VS. Melee.
but then itll be closed anyway because its a brawl vs melee thread
face it, this is getting closed:p
(please close)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol.
People don't know how to read posts do they.

Stop crying.
To every 'Brawl hater' out there, please, stfu and troll somewhere else.

No one cares if you're just going to flame without any real justifications.

It is competitive, there are tournaments, there will be, there have been.
There are skills, there are mindgames, there is 'tech'.
Stop comparing to Melee.
If you hate Brawl keep it to yourself.

Go play Melee and organise a tournament.
Gtfo and learn how to spell.
6 months is barely long enough to give it to develop.
I would imagine Melee wasn't 'finished' after 6 months.

My posts are too long, trolls don't know how to read.
TL:DR.

All I said was stfu and gtfo, really.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When it comes down to it.

Smashboards is the place for Smash Bros dedicated competitive scene.

If Brawl is a failure in your eyes as a competitive game, you have no place here, really. This may sting or rub people the wrong way, but it's the reality, and the progression to this point draws nearer.
People are so easy to forget ssb64. Chances are, melees going towards that same place. Disaster? Whatever.

However as I originally said its 'your' perogative to keep melee strong. Just because Melee isn't the MAIN thing for this SMASH BROS COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY any longer does not mean you are not welcome. You just have to realise where the progression of the community as a whole lies. And if it doesn't fit you, well, it's depressing, but you know the answer here yourselves.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Which is why there's loads of competitive events for it? It's obviously not that big of a failure.
Just because there a lot of event's for it doesn't mean it's a good cometitive game. It was intentionaly dumbed down by Sakurai to be less skill- based and more beginner friendly

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how it's less competitive, it's the same basic concept across all the smash bro's games.
I'm with Sirias on this one, like look at how falco is played now compared to when melee came out, it's still early days.
Like it or hate it brawl is gonna be around for a while.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
When it comes down to it.

Smashboards is the place for Smash Bros dedicated competitive scene.

If Brawl is a failure in your eyes as a competitive game, you have no place here, really. This may sting or rub people the wrong way, but it's the reality, and the progression to this point draws nearer.
People are so easy to forget ssb64. Chances are, melees going towards that same place. Disaster? Whatever.

However as I originally said its 'your' perogative to keep melee strong. Just because Melee isn't the MAIN thing for this SMASH BROS COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY any longer does not mean you are not welcome. You just have to realise where the progression of the community as a whole lies. And if it doesn't fit you, well, it's depressing, but you know the answer here yourselves.

I agree with this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just because there a lot of event's for it doesn't mean it's a good cometitive game. It was intentionaly dumbed down by Sakurai to be less skill- based and more beginner friendly
And yet it's still competitive.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
And yet it's still competitive.
Only because of the support from all the players Melee gathered.. If Brawl was released without having a tournament worthy predecessor I doubt anyone would actually bother to take it to tournament level.

You could argue that the fact we did take it to "tournament level" proves that it can be competitive but doesn't change the fact that without Melee before it, Brawl probably would have just remained a fun party game with minor competitive events.

Jaz

Smash Ace
Lol, hard to tell sarcasm on the internet if all you write is: "Yes, brawl sucks.".

LOL, Dedu, seriously.
"Getting hit by Pikachu Dsmash?" What do you think.
Uh...
Peach DSmash, Melee? Oh, sorry, that's not THAT bad. C:
Pretty sure Melee is more about combos than Brawl is as well considering there is negative stun time in Brawl which is ridiculous but you gotta live with it.
And LOL to the "uhh aerial dodge is less usable" crud, wth, you can use aerial dodge MORE than once, doesn't that make it MORE useful? Obviously not, lol, considering the momentum-drive or w/e of it just negates its usefulness to 0, right.

You guys don't even know how to compare anymore.
You're all just saying Brawl sucks with 'no' justifications WITHOUT obviously comparing it to Melee (just what Muzga said).

Like Redact said, it's about the money, and the user-friendliness.
Sakurai: "Omg, no, I can't keep around 2000 or w/e people that play this game hardcore competitively. How bad compared to the new 4 million new people that want to play this game because it's so awesome. Suck my b@lls."
If you're all so fkin competitive then play Melee and stfu.
That's what Melee is there for, to play, and to be technically insane at (and mind-gamey of course).
There is NO Melee Version 2 so CRY SOMEWHERE ELSE.
FFS.

Phil you are a Melee die-hard considering you won't stop saying how **** Brawl is and how much you fap over Melee.
Which goes to everyone else that's doing the same.
Be APATHETIC at the least if you don't like Brawl, stop defending Melee because, if NONE of you have realised by now, NO ONE LISTENS.

thats probably the most useful insight so far

i did not expect that from Kas at all .___.

go Kas

Sieg

Smash Champion
You know you've failed at life when Kas gives you the biggest schooling of all.

Jaz

Smash Ace
You know you've failed at life when Kas gives you the biggest schooling of all.
aaaah! right no i see now,

this thread is a joke, cause no one debates melee vs brawl, right? this is just a one off.
you just keep this train wreck rolling then by replying to this with an equally amusing post

Sieg

Smash Champion
Traaaaaaain Wreeeeeeeeeck.

It's like a bus wreck, but on steriods!

Seriously though pointless arguement is pointless.

Just have both at a tourney and play whatever you like.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Only because of the support from all the players Melee gathered.. If Brawl was released without having a tournament worthy predecessor I doubt anyone would actually bother to take it to tournament level.

You could argue that the fact we did take it to "tournament level" proves that it can be competitive but doesn't change the fact that without Melee before it, Brawl probably would have just remained a fun party game with minor competitive events.
It's still competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom