• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - 6 months in. What does Australia think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Everyone should just agree to disagree and end the arguement... Its pretty obvious that neither side is going to sway the other

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
And yet it's still competitive.
...but not as competitive as Melee

Melee was at the peek of it's competitive development YEARS after it's initial release
That's because there were not people hoarding over the game to find AT's and tons of people rushing to get the best metagame possible. All that picked up around late 2005, just before Melee's peek

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Mic is most certainly right, it is competitive, no point in arguing against that point as the many tourneys currently running all round the world is testament to that fact...

The real proof is going to be... say a year or two after its release...Once its finished riding its 'fresh and new game' status

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melbourne's noob rush happened in the first couple of Brawl Monthlies earlier this year because we held them first. Now that they are mostly out of the system, many of the new faces tend to stick around because they are coming looking for more compeitition, rather than playing just for the sake of newness. We've got new players like Apollo, Joe, Jared, Ugly, Vermy, Brad, Lee, and Jamie who are likely to stick around for the long run. NSW and QLD also have this if you look around.

Considering theres a lot of people who love Brawl to bits, combined with the fact that most people have much more to learn about Brawl, it's going to take a lot more than a year or two before the speculation of it dying off will start to happen.

Everyone thought Melee would die at first. The last big tournament in the US in 2004 was called 'Game Over.' Ironically it was the tournament that pretty much kicked off the competitive American Melee scene. Brawl is doing the same thing. There's a tournament over there next year that will probably break 400 people. And for the Aussies, it's likely our tournaments will keep on getting bigger as well, because there is no evidence to suggest that it will get smaller, besides the niche crew of Melee fanboys that are adamant a game not nearly as cool as Melee couldn't stand the test of time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Isn't 'Game Over' the tournament that Chillindude829 supposedly rigged or something?
I think I remember somebody telling me something about it : /

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Course not, it just came out.

But it's still competitive.
Butconsidering the fact that there are even more people searching for ATs than Melee has seen, and they are looking for the best possible metagame, 6 months is a LONG time to get a quick metagame

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Butconsidering the fact that there are even more people searching for ATs than Melee has seen, and they are looking for the best possible metagame, 6 months is a LONG time to get a quick metagame
Still competitive however.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Brawl isn't just combo combo combo dead, you actually need to think and adapt more as you play than just have muscle memory of how to Ken Combo across FD.

Plus no ****ing Fox and his reflector of "Screw you Falco"
Wow, how are you a mod?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Wow, how are you a mod?
I'm confused, how does this relate to Brawl exactly?

Seriously if you like Melee more, what's stopping you from making your own tourneys still? If you don't like Brawl, don't play it.

Confusing thread is confusing.

Sirias

Smash Champion
That's what everyone basically said at the start.
And now it's just a:
"Why are you a mod?" Thread which is funny because everyone's just crying that Mic is a mod and they aren't even though they think they should be considering they 'apparently' know more about a game than he does.
Whoooaaa, I love the logic going on in this thrrreeeaaad!!!

No one reads what people say these days.
And people only quote things that they know they can 'argue' (note the ' '-s they represent SARCASM) against EVEN if it has no relevance at all to what the thread is about.
IT'S CALLED TROLLING.
I LIKE TROLLING.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Mic, you sound bitter about Foxy's shine messing with Falco big time. But I see the foxes and falco's as worth respecting since they've perfected their own games and have really fast tech skill. It takes a lot of practice to get to be that fast.

Brawl IC chain-grabs I respect. Melee Gannon chain-grabs I respect. They take tech and mindgames. D3 and Falco chain-grabs are mindless things that have less interaction to me. >.<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic, you sound bitter about Foxy's shine messing with Falco big time. But I see the foxes and falco's as worth respecting since they've perfected their own games and have really fast tech skill. It takes a lot of practice to get to be that fast.
Oh I am a little, I did main Falco and Ryan always tore me apart with his Fox. And I didn't ever say that it DIDN'T take skill to do Fox's combos, but my point is once you get the patterns ingrained in muscle memory, it basically boiled down to just trying to get that first hit and then just combo-ing.

And as many have said, this thread has devolved to the Melee direhards basically being complete ***** about their game no longer being played, not liking the new game and instead of just accepting it or hosting melee tournaments hint hint acting as ******** as the Americans in the General Brawl Disc (of which I'm really disapointed. :urg: )

Thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom