• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.X Patch Level 3

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Lol Dirt

Are you able to remove the victory screen animations simply by deleting all the motionetc.pac's in the character folders? Always good to know if it's something I'm stuck with or an optional addition that isn't built into the character's regular pac's.
Yeah, you can do that if you want, but Bowser and possibly Kirby might screw up.

Also Sonic has a couple new cancels in his Dash Attack. They should be obvious if you think about them.

NNID
Budget_Player
Are you able to remove the victory screen animations simply by deleting all the motionetc.pac's in the character folders? Always good to know if it's something I'm stuck with or an optional addition that isn't built into the character's regular pac's.
The victory animations are in Fit(character)MotionEtc.pac. If a character has a custom animation (the only one that immediately comes to mind is Bowser, but I think there are more...), then you can't remove it so easily. I'll see about getting "clean" .pacs in. You know, for people who hate fun. :awesome:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
btw, guys please report any glitches/bugs/freezes/infinites that you guys find about.

oh and forgot about another change, luigi cancel his down-b earlier.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Hah, good to know. And yes, your brand of fun is worthless :chuckle:

... Nah I'm kiddin', I've already laughed more than once at the animations. Nice job, also Boozer is all kinds of awesome now.

Debeeters

Smash Rookie
Hey Smashboards/Brawl- Team, new here, but I've been playing Brawl- for months and lurking as well. Great job with the project so far!

Anyways, been playing the new version, and I can't seem to get the "common5 (Purple & Normal Portraits).pac" to work properly. Renamed it, it's fine up to and including the character select screen where it's functions correctly with the altered background, thumbnails and whatnot, but then as soon as I press start to go to the stage select screen, it freezes. Works fine with BrawlBox also.

The other common5 files work fine, as well as ones I've used with Brawl+ and other versions of Brawl-, so hopefully you guys can help me out here. Love this CSS, I'd really like to be able to use it.

Debeeters

Smash Rookie
Deleted it, didn't help unfortunately. Still freezes before the stage select screen.

Any other suggestions?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't we have RSBJ codes in there? Or did those not make it to the release..
People in japan already have it. LSL does, and does his friend since they played online.

:phone:

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a bug with DK's barrel thing. While pulling out a barrel, he froze, and after getting hit the barrel stuck to him until it exploded. I was not using any codes other than the 2.X ones when this happened.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
This happens when you slide off a ledge during the pull. Dirt has shown interest in cleaning up DK's code from the ground up, so this might be assessed in the process.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think there is a bug with DK's barrel thing. While pulling out a barrel, he froze, and after getting hit the barrel stuck to him until it exploded. I was not using any codes other than the 2.X ones when this happened.
NINJA'd by LS

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm not tech support so I can make this post!

Anyways, been playing the new version, and I can't seem to get the "common5 (Purple & Normal Portraits).pac" to work properly.
Why are you a boring person? I don't like boring people.

Debeeters

Smash Rookie
Why are you a boring person? I don't like boring people.
I've been overwhelmed recently by the sheer awesomeness of the portraits, had to get some air man.

That and the CSS thumbnails or whatever you want to call them on that common5 are sweet, the purple ones. Why don't you guys make one with the thumbs and the 'fun' portraits?

Also I still haven't gotten it to work. I'm probably in the wrong forum for tech support, so take it as a freeze report I guess.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say that I had a shrieking fit when actually going through the stages in this build. Saffron City and Hyrule Castle are going straight into my Random Stage Select. Great show.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just know ftr both stages are REALLY broken competitively, and we don't recommend playing on the with that mindset. They're just for fun additions.

Also you're welcome, I pushed for their inclusion :)

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Just know ftr both stages are REALLY broken competitively, and we don't recommend playing on the with that mindset. They're just for fun additions.

Hyrule's **** corner is god tier.

Spend all weekend polishing up my stage collection, adding icons and such, ill try and put it up for download if anybody wants a more fleshed out stage collection then what the default build of minus gives, both my stage pages are maxed out

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*sigh*
That ruleset is NOT endorsed by me.

Gotta offload my crazy 40 stage ruleset somewhere.

DSP

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, Saffron City is Camptown Deluxe and Hyrule Castle has the **** tent, but they're still fun as hell and nostalgic.
I also saw Stadium 2 Frozen, Yoshi's Island- (without the midair blocks it seems) and 1337m. Is there anything else new in some stages I might have missed?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
... Yoshi's Island- and 1337m are old.

And it's Frozen Pokémon Stadium 2 (Frozen) ftr.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
balance patch level 3 coming soon!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

we're terrible

finally addressing the problems people are having with wolf and pikachu and maybe sheik. and a small fix with lucario. (spoiler, it's not down-b).

Yikarur

Smash Master
would it be finished until tomorow? we'll have a small ~14 Man Brawl- Tournament.

Top Bottom