• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.X Patch Level 3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
you're loading through stack smash. Go into the codes folder, delete RSBE01.gct, rename RSBE01_stacksmash.gct to RSBE01.gct.

NNID
Budget_Player
so, any ideas as to what would consistently cause my wii to freeze when going from character select to stage select? (just downloaded the latest version from main page, 1st link)
You have the stack smash stage, but not the "disable custom stages" code. If you load through Stack Smash, use Dirt's method; otherwise, just go to your st folder on your SD card and delete the stage there.

In other news: we are looking for people able to provide tournament-level Brawl- feedback! If you are able to offer us feedback on the game, please message me here or on Skype!

Namesearch: Doom, Zucco, Ksizzle, Delta

JOE!

Smash Hero
you're loading through stack smash. Go into the codes folder, delete RSBE01.gct, rename RSBE01_stacksmash.gct to RSBE01.gct.
If from the file I downloaded.. there was just RSBE01.gtc and RSBE01_Riivolution.gtc, no _Stacksmash. <.<

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You have the stack smash stage, but not the "disable custom stages" code. If you load through Stack Smash, use Dirt's method; otherwise, just go to your st folder on your SD card and delete the stage there.

In other news: we are looking for people able to provide tournament-level Brawl- feedback! If you are able to offer us feedback on the game, please message me here or on Skype!

Namesearch: Doom, Zucco, Ksizzle, Delta
I don't name search, but I somehow found my way here in trying to occupy myself at 5 in the morning...

Haven't played this yet, so I can't really comment on it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Been troubleshooting with him and I'm not getting any issues. I'm stumped.

Also why did we stuff it all in a folder again instead of just everything at the root of the zip? Ease of access, people!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I think it's an issue with his Wii. Because I really have no idea what's causing it. I tried a clean install through stack smash and it worked fine :/

JOE!

Smash Hero
It may be my wii, but I dont have the slightest as to what about it... it runs any other mod (including minus, just not this latest build) just fine @.@

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Is Ike's down B cancel into Eruption maybe a bit... much? If you kill off the top, which Eruption often does, then you get a free recharge, and it kills pretty early. I also noticed that Ike doesn't take self damage for it like he normally would if you cancel out of counter. And, even though I normally would say that counter is generally a bad choice (too predictable) for getting out of a juggle, it DOES make me afraid to juggle him when it's charged. It seems like it's to the point where being more risky with it doesn't get you punished enough to make up for the early kills it gives you. I'll admit, it's not nearly as effective on faster characters, but it still seems a bit overkill. My only thought on it is maybe I should smash DI to the side so I die that way instead of up and he doesn't get a free charge, but it still seems a bit obscene.

I could be wrong, I'm not asserting anything... it's just my first impressions from fighting him. Ike doesn't seem all that good otherwise tbh, I'll admit. Thoughts?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
That's good to hear... it was a bit frustrating to fight at times. What are you doing to it if I may ask?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sideways angle so if you're going to die, you die fast enough to stop him from recharging.
And I think we're making counter, whiffed or not, waste the full charge.

oksas

oak-sauce
if people would start playing this competitively, and widespread, i would love it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's a nice dream, but sadly I know many people that still think "Isn't that the game where everybody kills in one hit? How do you balance that?" before they even try it.

D

Deleted member 189823

I am going to have to congratulate you, the producers of Brawl- for making this amazing hack.
Me and a friend love it. It's so fun. We feel like pros being able to pull combos and everything. Most of our matches are replay material, so we save them. ._.

Thanks to Brawl-, I can also save replays of over 3 minutes long and hack textures of music (something that wouldn't work for me normally).

Being a Bowser main, this buff is significantly favorable. He is easily one of the best of this hack.

if people would start playing this competitively, and widespread, i would love it.
I agree. I would really like a tournament of this game.

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded the latest v2.X, looks great. I'm glad to see that you guys have made so much progress on this, it definitely feels much more polished now.

I'm doing a short presentation to the Computer Science club at my college about PSA as a programming language and I'm definitely going to be showing this off as an example.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
replacing all the textures or at least putting mine in... is snake supposed to have a grenade.pcs and grenade.pac? or was that just in older brawl- version.. Guess I'll find out if it effs with it in a few :p

Smash Rookie
I hate to be annoying, but is there any news on the PAL version? I ctrl+f'd the entire thread but nothing came up.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Really wish this had a more competitive scene, a lot of fun and i'm getting tired of playing CPU's.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Question... I've been trying to add most of PM's stages to brawl minus and I've run into a bit of trouble. I don't think it has to do with rel files, since at the very least I have all of PM's st_.rels in the module folder, and I don't think any of the PM stages are working... many of them have black screens with invisible platforms (Sky world for example) and Green Hill ended up just being VBrawl Green Hill.

I figured this has something to do with either codes I need to add from PM or codes I need to take away from Brawl Minus... the thing is, while I've edited code before, I've always had the txt file to work with and neither the most recent minus nor the most recent PM comes with it. I've been trying to use GCTEdit v1.0 by ChiboSempai, but it doesn't seem to be working... it keeps only getting to 3.0% Decompiled...

My first question is: what code am I missing or do I need to get rid of? (or is this even the problem?)
My second question is: how do I turn gct's into txt files... am I doing something wrong? I just try to open the gct with GCTEdit... Or if someone could link me to both txt files, that would work too... Thanks for the help in advanced.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You don't need to edit/use any extra code to use stages between mods. If you have a black screen on a stage, you have a .rel with no/incorrect stage file. You need pm's stage file and rel to use it.

It's just simple file path copying. You can figure it out by removing/adding stages/eels that you don't have already from pm

:phone:

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
hmm... well, it worked, so I can't complain, but I swear I just did the same thing twice... must have done something stupid like copying the wrong rels over.
ty. I was convinced it was something else.

Top Bottom