• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
TL's 1.6 Down Taunt.

You guys better have fixed that.

Most broken move in the game, and there is a lot of outright broken crap in 1.6.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect one. Video changelists and stuff haven't been made and BPC is at his tournament and busy playing so he can't release it. Xyless is busy with school stuff. Standardtoaster is also busy with IRL stuff. Maybe later this week though.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Video changelists? If you guys need a hand with those I can help.
Actually if you all need a hand with anything relating to getting it released just let me know. I've got a whole day to myself and haven't really got anything to do.

Xyless

Smash Master
TL's 1.6 Down Taunt.

You guys better have fixed that.

Most broken move in the game, and there is a lot of outright broken crap in 1.6.
I removed most of the invincibility on it (only a few frames on startup as opposed to the entire time there's a hitbox), made the hitboxes properly follow the sword, made the hitboxes more properly sized, heavily reduced the tripping chance, and heavily reduced shield damage when standing directly on TL (which made no sense). Basically makes punishing and shielding options against it, as to before, where you just had to wait it out.

Also did pretty much the same thing with his grounded Up B: "proper" hitboxes, reduced trip chance, reduced shield damage. To make up for his more or less nerfs on those, I made his fsmash only do the second slash, which is way cooler and won't have to worry about linking.

Sharky

Smash Master
didn't get as many people to play as I hoped to this weekend =( still got a decent impression of what I'm looking at though =D

NNID
Budget_Player
Got a solid amount of playtime in this weekend. Fun fact: if you're good at vBrawl TL, your Brawl- TL will **** **** up. Kunai is pretty ****ing good at this. :laugh: Only person I lost a Brawl- MM to.

Some random feedback:
-DK is ridiculously powerful. Only got this from one guy after I ***** him; it's mostly due to DA->Usmash and combos into fair. IMO it's kind of balanced out by DK's trouble approaching more mobile characters.
-Bowser is obscene on frozen WW. Like, think vBrawl MK on Brinstar. I did not lose a single game as bowser on Warioware, even against chars who normally hard counter him like CF or Ganon. Worth looking in to IMO.
-Ganon's fsmash is kinda stupid

Gonna be uploading several videos... Not quite as many as I hoped, but eh.

5ive

Smash Champion
Got a solid amount of playtime in this weekend. Fun fact: if you're good at vBrawl TL, your Brawl- TL will **** **** up. Kunai is pretty ****ing good at this. :laugh: Only person I lost a Brawl- MM to.

Some random feedback:
-DK is ridiculously powerful. Only got this from one guy after I ***** him; it's mostly due to DA->Usmash and combos into fair. IMO it's kind of balanced out by DK's trouble approaching more mobile characters.
-Bowser is obscene on frozen WW. Like, think vBrawl MK on Brinstar. I did not lose a single game as bowser on Warioware, even against chars who normally hard counter him like CF or Ganon. Worth looking in to IMO.
-Ganon's fsmash is kinda stupid

Gonna be uploading several videos... Not quite as many as I hoped, but eh.
People still give a **** about this garbage?

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
bigtime butthead troll face. always has been, always will be. hahaha anyways, im really looking forward to the new build ;-) hopefully yoshi is still 2good with his fair and eggs

do we need to [apply to become a tester? for rc1 2.0? i usually play friendlies with about 3-4 buddies once or twice a week. hahaha one totally despises minus, but we all have fun talking crap and screwing one another over. im more into P:m but its all good ;-)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dank?

anywho, I have a question regarding the SD card method (Gecko and Custom Stage Screen thing):

Following the instructions on the site, I did everything right and have the folder "ST" on my card in the right place, and yadda yadda.

After loading Brawl- however, I need to take out the SD card, and change the folder name to "CUSTOM", in order for the game to not freeze at the stage selection screen, as I have been doing for like the last month and a half.

However, that is starting to bug me. Is there any way to change that folder or even the .bin so I dont have to always take out the SD card, and be able to just boot up and go?

(dont wanna go to homebrew because I like to be able to just bring an SD card to any place instead of a hacked Wii)

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Ah, in order to fix that problem, you'll need to add the code to your .gct file that disables the use of custom stages (Custom as in the st folder).

NNID
Budget_Player
Dank?

anywho, I have a question regarding the SD card method (Gecko and Custom Stage Screen thing):

Following the instructions on the site, I did everything right and have the folder "ST" on my card in the right place, and yadda yadda.

After loading Brawl- however, I need to take out the SD card, and change the folder name to "CUSTOM", in order for the game to not freeze at the stage selection screen, as I have been doing for like the last month and a half.

However, that is starting to bug me. Is there any way to change that folder or even the .bin so I dont have to always take out the SD card, and be able to just boot up and go?

(dont wanna go to homebrew because I like to be able to just bring an SD card to any place instead of a hacked Wii)
You are going to need the GCT with the Disable Custom Stages code. IIRC it's in the OP... I think. If not, then we'll figure something out...

Also btw guys. Protip counterpicks: Bowser on Warioware. It's ****ING ********.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Hey ^^ I'm a PSAer. Whilst I wouldn't say I'm godly like you guys who understand all these intricate sort of things in PSA, I'm pretty handy with it. I noticed that Brawl Minus Link has 5 different arrows that pop up at sort of random (regular, ice, fire, light and explosive). I was just wondering how exactly you do this. It seems like you literally made the arrow 5 times and hexed hitboxes and graphics to go with each different arrow (since I noticed in Special Tab 112 it has Set Article Action: 0-0, 0-1/0-2/0-3/0-4/0-5, 3-1).

Now this probably isn't the topic to ask, but I specifically asked here since I know the team who made this are a very smart and advanced team that really know their stuff. If this isn't the right place, then could someone direct me to someone or somewhere that is better? The reason I would like to know is because I plan on doing a Zero PSA (completely different to Eldiran's) where the Hyper Zero Blaster has three levels of charge (and I want to hex the arrow so it has three different hitboxes and graphics for each charge)

Thanks in advance!

Kirk

Smash Champion
-Find article hitbox subroutine
-Set/Change a variable sequentially/randomly in said subroutine or in a different subroutine.
-Make conditional statements based on said variable for your different hitboxes.

Best I can explain how I did Link's without getting into detail....with being lazy. But hey, getting a response is an achievement in itself, so yay!

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Thank you so much Kirk ^^ This will definitely be invaluable and yes I guess getting a response is indeed an achievemnt XD

My only other question now is what If: 2B means. I'm going from logic and sort of piecing together how everything links together that it means something like "If: Article Animation" since it always links with each different article animation.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Ah of course *facepalm* I've even used it before (but in my previous version of PSA, it didn't come up in the more recent one).

That's another thing I'll need to get DivineOverlord to add to PSA 2.65 I don't know why that wasn't added before. Lol, I feel a tad stupid now XD

Xyless

Smash Master
Would just like to say that we're making the final rounds, and we're planning on our release coming on April 1st.

It might come with some exclusive content too...

(a very subtle hint)

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Would just like to say that we're making the final rounds, and we're planning on our release coming on April 1st.

It might come with some exclusive content too...

(a very subtle hint)
For some reason I can see a Toon Link'ish & Fox'ish face in there.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
Well, I'd LIKE to get hyped for a new release, but considering you've slated it for April Fool's Day, it's a little difficult to get my hype on. >.>

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, something silly for PT?

Ivy better keep Bullet Seed Copter.

Recovery of CHAMPIONS.

Seriously, single best thing in Minus.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Is Stealth Rock still capable? It seemed silly that Zard couldn't really use Rock Smash in a bunch of MUs because some of the rocks might stay out, get caped/reflected, and be used to combo him. Since it's not exactly hard to combo Charizard...

Oh, also, Air Dodge out of tumble restored? please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom