• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elb

Smash Rookie
Not sure where to ask for help on this, but for some reason Luigi's Mansion always makes the game freeze/take forever to load. I tried this with a clean sd card with no texture/vertex/stage hacks and still got the same problem.

Wat do?

NNID
Budget_Player
There's not one in development, either. I'm sorry, but if you are PAL, get a USB loader. PAL is, as a region, ****ing gimped.

Not sure where to ask for help on this, but for some reason Luigi's Mansion always makes the game freeze/take forever to load. I tried this with a clean sd card with no texture/vertex/stage hacks and still got the same problem.

Wat do?

Is it your disk?

NNID
Budget_Player
I was hoping it would be out by now. :( Development keeps on getting put back by incredible new ideas we can't help but implement (i.e. **** is getting done but neither as fast nor as conclusively as I have been hoping).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Will v2.0 feel like a whole new experience? Personally, I'm really hoping it'll be as big of a change gameplay-wise as from 1.0 -> 1.5.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Does DK / will DK have that clap move that Xyless (I think it was Xyless) was messing around with for a ariel down B? I know he doesn't NEED it, and the version in the video was way OP, but it'd be cool if he got some version of it. Regardless, I like DK 1.6 a lot already... so it wouldn't be a big deal to me if he wasn't changed much.

Sharky

Smash Master
I love that you guys are constantly coming up with new ideas and all, but just remember that the longer you take the less hype you'll end up getting on release. =/

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
If you guys have lots of ideas... I don't think it would be a bad thing to have a "1.7" release in the mean time... especially if 2.0 is going to be the final release, since I doubt people can be upset with too many updates too frequently if there's only two more... That said, I would rather this mod never die, and always be willing to add new, innovative ideas if/when they arise.

I have heard pretty mixed answers on whether or not 2.0 is the last release... thought lately I've been hearing it IS indeed the final version of the mod... is that the case? or is it a somewhat undecided thing? ...or?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Apparently (though I haven't seen it personally) is that Donkey causes the game to crash (with the hypothesis being a change to his aerial headbutt), also Olimar is being redesigned and at this time isn't much different than he is in vBrawl.

Xyless

Smash Master
Does DK / will DK have that clap move that Xyless (I think it was Xyless) was messing around with for a ariel down B? I know he doesn't NEED it, and the version in the video was way OP, but it'd be cool if he got some version of it. Regardless, I like DK 1.6 a lot already... so it wouldn't be a big deal to me if he wasn't changed much.
We probably won't, simply because it can freeze due to how it was hacked in. If we could find a way to make it so he didn't freeze at all when doing it, then I would be down for adding it, but at this point, it doesn't seem likely.

Same with Zelda's Nayru's Armor concept, which was mega glitchy (as in, she wouldn't leave her respawn halo after dying) and we found that it was just not working out as intended. I'd love to keep it, but we have a backup idea in case we do not.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Apparently (though I haven't seen it personally) is that Donkey causes the game to crash (with the hypothesis being a change to his aerial headbutt), also Olimar is being redesigned and at this time isn't much different than he is in vBrawl.
That's just Linkshot's crappy wii. DK does not freeze on anyone else other than him at random times.

Xyless

Smash Master
That's just Linkshot's crappy wii. DK does not freeze on anyone else other than him at random times.
He doesn't with the aerial taunt, but he does with the clap. After all, the aerial taunt is just an animation that is completely interruptible, while the clap has hitboxes, sound effects, terminating hitboxes, animations, and so on.

NNID
Budget_Player
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

We will be releaseing Brawl- 2.0 next sunday, March 13th. Enough ****ing around, it's time to get this **** on the road. Brawl- 2.0, next sunday. Hype.

EDIT: Xyless, StandardToaster: if you have an issue with this, you can ***** to BionicSonic or whoever the ****. We have been waiting for FAR TOO LONG.

EDIT: sunday is better because if we release on sundaty, I have a big-*** tournament to playtest **** at to make sure **** is not ****ed up.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice

Got Hype?

But BPC, don't like P:M get you down just cuz it's sucking all the hype out of B-. There will always be an audience for B-.

NNID
Budget_Player

Got Hype?

But BPC, don't like P:M get you down just cuz it's sucking all the hype out of B-. There will always be an audience for B-.
don't like P:M get you down just cuz it's sucking all the hype out of B-.
Oh the things I would say if I wasn't 2 points away from ban

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Sorry. That was my honest thought. I like to post things without thinking.

And then edit them 3 times in a row.

All 3 posts lacking political correctness.

EDIT: And god**** spelling too.

Sharky

Smash Master
Got Hype? I sure do.

edit to update: slightly less hype cause I can't bring it to the tourney that saturday. =(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
2 weeks before a tourney here in GTA.

I'm going to see about a Minus side-tourney at the Spring Smash Showdown.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'll try to get it to you sharky, if it turns out okay. The reason I pushed it back from friday to sunday is so that I could playtest it at a major german national with the rest of the german Brawl- playtesters. If I can get some testing in on friday and saturday, I can try to put it out by then. But until then, I have to get some hardcore work done.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Why is 2.0 being released suddenly? Isn't DK still causing problems? Lavaville? Solimar? The incubator testing stages?

Also, Sharky TOTALLY deserves to be a playtester, AXS is going to be a big event.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Just so you guys know, BPC was most likely drunk when saying that we would be releasing the final version in one week. To be honest, we are not near a solid 2.0 yet. However, I am definitely up for the idea of releasing this sort of as a release candidate.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Just so you guys know, BPC was most likely drunk when saying that we would be releasing the final version in one week. To be honest, we are not near a solid 2.0 yet. However, I am definitely up for the idea of releasing this sort of as a release candidate.
This, so far, other than BPC i have not spoken to anyone on the dev team who supports or condones the idea of a final build so soon.
It was, hopefully a joke.

However a newer build being released is quite possible.

@BPC: You can still playtest it at this tournament without it being a final, hell even official release.

@Supreme Dirt: Contact any of us here if you get it finalized, and confirm it for us. We will probably be able to work out getting you the backroom build to use.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
If it's coming out soon and feeling rushed, then I hope it's not the final version (granted, I hope it's never the final version and this just keeps going :p )... that said, I do think that a "1.7" would be nice to have (you could call it 2.0... as long as 2.0 is not the last).

It's been a while since the last release... and if you guys keep pushing it back because of new ideas that you want to implement (which implies you're not running out of ideas / you're coming out with new ideas at a faster rate than you can administer them... so it doesn't seem likely that a lack of ideas is the reason...), I'm not sure why you're thinking of making the next release a final one... whats stopping this project from continuing? Not enough hype because of PM? (all of my friends n' I, who LOVED melee, prefer this to PM... personal preference, but all the same I feel like if people gave this mod as much of a chance as they did PM then we'd have a much larger community) or do the people making this great code set just wanna be done working on it? (which would be perfectly understandable).

NNID
Budget_Player
I want to release because I think we're ready. In fact, I've been thinking "we're ready" since JANUARY. It was not a joke, it was me being drunk and inconsiderate. I'll speak with the team today and convince them that, at the very least, an official release should come out by the end of the week. It's been enough ****ing around ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom