• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even sure how we did it.
Remove the Special Collisions with the flag of 20030000 from his smashes. I did that for myself and I haven't had Ike hit teammates w/ Team Attack off since.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
More reasonable response: would you prefer us remove DJC AND the third jump?
... what? I feel like I misread something, but the way you worded this makes it seem like DJC was supposed to be a nerf to yoshi...:scared: . What are you guys trying to accomplish by adding DJC?

Sharky, your idea is pretty solid, but with B reversing, the momentum + direction change would probably be more than a normal DJC would give.

<3 Swordplay.

Also, @ bowser discussion, you guys do realize everyone can just grab him right?

Sharky

Smash Master
nah I'm pretty sure you could cover anything that would produce with regular DJC, at least I know you could in melee. I think it's worth testing at least.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
btw... maybe it's a texture thing (but I don't think so since this happens with all my textures), but Ike's sword definitely can't hit/destroy Charizrad's rock traps when I play... which does not seem intentional... has this ever been brought up? I noticed it a long time ago but I hardly play Ike so I kept forgetting to mention it.

Also, I'd like to reiterate that I think this mod is the best thing that ever happened to smash brothers... I wish more people took the mod seriously (not like people don't, but there are a good number of people that think the mod is just trying to be silly and they just sort of assume that it doesn't have depth... which I would disagree with).
Thank you for existing. I can't wait for Brawl- 2.0 (whenever it will be coming out)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Really should take out yoshi's 3rd jump though
...why? Fire eggs and the extra jump are the only major buffs yoshi got in minus. He's already been nerfed hard from 1.0 to 1.6. (uair worse than it is in vbrawl? LOL)

Xyless

Smash Master
...why? Fire eggs and the extra jump are the only major buffs yoshi got in minus. He's already been nerfed hard from 1.0 to 1.6. (uair worse than it is in vbrawl? LOL)
His Ground Pound is interruptable now (particularly useful from the ground), will likely be able to jump out of his shield (and have the same actions relating to shield/roll as others, as well as his classic shield armor), can interrupt egg lay with grab.

Also, you're forgetting the flower on fair, which was removed.

J00sh

Smash Cadet
Just starting playing minus and by far it is the best mod I've played :)

I'm loving it.

I've discovered how much I love Jiggly. She's definitely my main in minus. If you're looking for things to improve her (although I think she's pretty good already) a slightly less laggy up-smash/interuptable up-smash would be REALLY useful. As would an up-throw with consistent knockback or an uptilt that covers both sides of jiggly (similar to fox's)

Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this project.

Sharky

Smash Master
His Ground Pound is interruptable now (particularly useful from the ground), will likely be able to jump out of his shield (and have the same actions relating to shield/roll as others, as well as his classic shield armor), can interrupt egg lay with grab.

Also, you're forgetting the flower on fair, which was removed.
being able to jump oos isn't that big a buff in minus, the shieldstun kinda puts a damper on that. I really see no reason to get rid of his third jump

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Agreed with sharky, normal shields in minus are as bad as yoshi's shield in vbrawl. You are right about ground pound, I overlooked it. Still, the extra jump is definitely yoshi's biggest change in minus. It's comparable to bowser's heavy armor or zelda's ghost hit boxes. I don't understand why removing it is even being discussed.

Xyless

Smash Master
I still personally don't believe that removing triple jump is needed.

The main issue with the DJC was that it was originally planned to be set to only one of the jumps. I couldn't figure out how to get it to work, though I don't think we really looked into it after that.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
As someone who uses Yoshi I dont see why it would be removed either.
Its something that I feel is one of his biggest changes thats useful (that stayed) :x.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I was playing Bowser against my friend's Ganondorf, and I noticed that the aerial Flame Choke never impaled me. Is that supposed to happen?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
So id D3 tries to suck you in and you shield....is there a way out of that situation without having your shield breaking? maybe a specific input?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
But when I came home and tried it with my roomate I couldn't do it!!!!!
I keep resorting to throwing bombs in his mouth an punishing cause its all I know how to do.

Maybe I just suck against D3.......(pun not intentional but noted) and your falcon. I can beat other falcons but not yours. You **** me with party arms.....

By the way figured out what was wrong with ganon. That PAC you gave me WAS corret. But it should be noted, that if you try to just put the SD card in on a wii already running gecko, it doesn't work. Normal super scope shot comes out.

You might actually have to restart it from gecko. I don't know why this is but I'm about 97% that was the problem. Let it be noted for future tournaments.

o and I'm still GRRRRRing about the super scope sound. It's mitigated my awesome music though....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
D3 NEEDS rising upair.

not only for recovery but because a normal upair doesn't combo on anyone normally. trust me, I was a previous D3 main.

and IDK if its just me but it seemed that you guys took out ike's ability to cancel side-b in the air when he hits someone. you should probably put that back in.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm just wondering if this has been known by people/developers already:

from Super late and probably already known
Sheik and snake have like a "super doopwalk" (lol fun to say, although it isn't exactly a doopwalk b/c of what it entails but it's not exactly a moonwalk either b/c the main mechanic that enables it is backwards crawling) that resembles a WD, and it's pretty good too. Might work with a few other characters that can crawl, but these seem to be the best at it (Lucario, Wario, Bowser are too slow/have too much traction, haven't tried ZSS/Diddy/Yoshi/pika/Luigi yet).

How to do:
1. Run
2. CC
3. Immediately do a quarter circle on the analog stick from down to the opposite direction you're dashing. If you want the move to face forward, return the stick to a neutral position.
4. Input a move (pretty much any ground move will be usable b/c of B-'s CC feature lol)

You'll get a big slide from your crawl reversing your momentum, and the later you perform the move, the bigger the slide (and vice-versa).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So similar to Marth or Zero Suit Samus's CC FSmash/DTilt/FTilt/(I think) DSmash for Marth, only with anything?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So similar to Marth or Zero Suit Samus's CC FSmash/DTilt/FTilt/(I think) DSmash for Marth, only with anything?
Kinda, except you get a slide forward/backward as well (and it's big, like Marth/M2 Wavedash big)

@standardtoaster: I had a feeling Luigi's would go far, traction seems to be the big key as to whether you get a good boost or not. Good to know.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
brawl. ignore the macosx folder. in fact, delete it 666 times. just to be sure it gets destroyed for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom