• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Just be patient and stop trying to rush everything because you think it's ready BPC.

It'll get released when it's ready, and your public outbursts aren't helping with anything.

NNID
Budget_Player
Yes, that doesn't change the fact that we have maybe 2 people who actively code, and as far as people who will playtest against other people right now and provide feedback... Uh... How many do we have? I count... Zero. Seriously, my cursory playtesting against the ****ing AI has been the only platesting we've had since LST, and before that for quite a while as well.

Xyless

Smash Master
I want to release because I think we're ready. In fact, I've been thinking "we're ready" since JANUARY. It was not a joke, it was me being drunk and inconsiderate. I'll speak with the team today and convince them that, at the very least, an official release should come out by the end of the week. It's been enough ****ing around ffs.
Even though we've added quite a few things since JANUARY, and we still have plenty of issues to iron out.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Yes, that doesn't change the fact that we have maybe 2 people who actively code, and as far as people who will playtest against other people right now and provide feedback... Uh... How many do we have? I count... Zero. Seriously, my cursory playtesting against the ****ing AI has been the only platesting we've had since LST, and before that for quite a while as well.
I guess me bringing getting about 2-4 set-ups for minus at pound V doesn't count?
I'm still actively collecting data, and i'm far from finished. Like the rest of the project.

NNID
Budget_Player
I guess me bringing getting about 2-4 set-ups for minus at pound V doesn't count?
I'm still actively collecting data, and i'm far from finished. Like the rest of the project.
...WHY THE **** ARE YOU NOT IN THE BACKROOM?
/caps

Seriously you do more than most of the people currently in there put together. Why do I miss **** like this?

Do you have skype?

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
btw I have a couple random weird things happening from 1.5

ROB randomly dieing 3 times of the top of RC without respawning, and some other random crap. If you guys want me to upload them I can.

NNID
Budget_Player
All right guys, how is 1.6 Metaknight? I somehow get the feeling he's a little overlooked; also that he's amazingly easy to autopilot to victory and (especially after the nerfs to sheik and wolf in the upcoming 2.0) one of the best, if not THE best character in the game. Basically, 1.0 luigi all over again. Anyone else have dissenting opinions on that?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
btw I have a couple random weird things happening from 1.5

ROB randomly dieing 3 times of the top of RC without respawning, and some other random crap. If you guys want me to upload them I can.
Maybe you should try 1.6

@BPC: metaknight da bess

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I will PAY YOU to let me playtest Brawl Minus 2.0...

DEAD serious, I love you guys for making it, it is a GENIUS idea and I want it to be the best release ever!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
1.6 MK feels a bit OP. It's just so easy to string people into all your ridiculous crap, key finishers being instant dimensional cape and nado spike -> edgeguard.

If MK 1.6 gets you offstage and they know what they're doing, you're not coming back. I don't care if you're Bowser or Yoshi, you lost a stock. It's absolutely crazy the amount of power he has to edgeguard.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you should try 1.6

@BPC: metaknight da bess
The reason I even said that was because I remembered another guy having something similar on 1.5 happen to him and the B-BR said that even though it was v1.5 that they would still look into the issue, we don't play 1.5 anymore obviously, but I thought it might be good reference material to have in case a problem of the sort comes up again. Catch my drift?

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
so ask if it's fixed in 1.6 instead, maybe?
Thats the thing lol. It apparently isn't or the guy before me wouldn't have been asked to post it after 1.6 was already out.

Mk 1.6 is OP if used correctly. Its literally a stock if you're offstage with him. Just nado for the spike to a nice dair read. The try to recover low, bair or dair them into the stage. Try to recover high, Shuttle loop or Cape.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I play Brawl about 4 hours a day, and have beta tested other games before. (Super Smash Bros. Crusade anyone?). It would be an honor, or, rather, a privilege to beta test this. Results and feedback returned every 24 hours.

Big fan of Brawl- . And the BR never seems to dissapoint with updates.

Xyless

Smash Master
All right guys, how is 1.6 Metaknight? I somehow get the feeling he's a little overlooked; also that he's amazingly easy to autopilot to victory and (especially after the nerfs to sheik and wolf in the upcoming 2.0) one of the best, if not THE best character in the game. Basically, 1.0 luigi all over again. Anyone else have dissenting opinions on that?
You do remember that we made his tornado not a godlike spike and his dtilt no longer combos into itself, right?

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Sonic looks excellent in the new build.

Mk was near perfect, save the OP Nado spike, not many other changes are needed.

Also, I was one of the Alpha testers of Brawl Minus before it released under the codename Tremenade. I was one of the first Sonic mains to provide input on the character, thus I am a good choice for testing his new build alongside Kojin.

Has Bowser's armor been fixed so he can actualy be comboed?

Hunch

Smash Rookie
Not to derail the thread's current focus on playtesting, but does anyone have any advice on how to get Brawl- to work with the stage expansion 2.0 code and Eternal Yoshi's Max stage code? I've tried a fair amount of things, but the result is always a freeze at the stage select screen.

NNID
Budget_Player
You do remember that we made his tornado not a godlike spike and his dtilt no longer combos into itself, right?
Not even what I mean. I mean the version we have, even. That we nerfed the spike and dtilt is clear... But dtilt is still stupid. 11 damage? What were you thinking? The move is massive and really fast.
I still say that MK is really easy to autopilot in its current version, and if there were problems beyond dtilt and tornado, then they weren't fixed.

J00sh

Smash Cadet
Just a little nit pick, mario's down B constantly causes a crash in 1.6 -.

I've tried it with a fresh SD card and everything...

NNID
Budget_Player
How are you running it? If you're in a PAL region and forcing an NTSCU brawl version it to run at PAL50 (the only way to effectively get color if your TV sucks like mine), then water projectiles crash the game. Squirtle's Water Gun should do the same thing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
How are you running it? If you're in a PAL region and forcing an NTSCU brawl version it to run at PAL50 (the only way to effectively get color if your TV sucks like mine), then water projectiles crash the game. Squirtle's Water Gun should do the same thing.
Whoa really? Wow, that must really suck.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Not even what I mean. I mean the version we have, even. That we nerfed the spike and dtilt is clear... But dtilt is still stupid. 11 damage? What were you thinking? The move is massive and really fast.
I still say that MK is really easy to autopilot in its current version, and if there were problems beyond dtilt and tornado, then they weren't fixed.
This.
No offense to boss's roommate offline, but he shouldn't be able to go semi-evenly with boss, exdia, and me with mk when all he does is

Spam:
Jab
Shuttle loop
Dsmash

It's rarely enough to ever win, but the fact everything is so unpunishable make's it really annoying.

MK needs a massive damage nerf imo.

And the act out of helpless should never have been created.

@BPC: Why don't you just force it to run at region-free?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna agree there (@powerhouse)... Just playtested MK. It's hard to say for sure as none of us have really used or faced MK much before (believe it or not, I know almost no one who used him... even in vBrawl), but our first impressions were that he was, at the very least, an extremely easy character to do pretty well with. It's hard for me to say for sure if he's overpowered overall though atm... I just don't know the MK's matchups that well yet. (at first, for example, I thought Bowser destroyed MK... then I started throwing Bowser off stage and the match seemed closer to even despite MK having so few moves that break his armor)

I will say though, it seems like shuttle loop is an extremely high reward move for almost zero risk... maybe my friends just aren't used to facing MK (it was me primarily that was using him), but it seemed like at the very worst I would hit the opponent a good distance away and I would get nicked, meaning I could go for it again before landing...

That said, I'm fine with him being the best gimping character in the game if that's his thing (so in other words, I'd rather him keep the "high reward" bit and maybe just make it slightly more punishable/ maybe lowish priority)... but presently he also has the whole "most of my attacks are hard to punish and do pretty decent damage and come out instantly" thing going for him as well, so if he's too much... nerf one of those things. Not sure he needs it and I might change my mind there, but that's how I feel so far.

Again, I really haven't played MK much aside from last night, so take it with a grain of salt... but that was my first impression.

NNID
Budget_Player
This.
No offense to boss's roommate offline, but he shouldn't be able to go semi-evenly with boss, exdia, and me with mk when all he does is

Spam:
Jab
Shuttle loop
Dsmash

It's rarely enough to ever win, but the fact everything is so unpunishable make's it really annoying.

MK needs a massive damage nerf imo.

And the act out of helpless should never have been created.

@BPC: Why don't you just force it to run at region-free?
I do. I didn't for a while and that was the result, lol.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Sorry guys...the only reason I haven't been play testing is because I havent really played too much B- or anything wii related...because somebody stole my SD card at Pound 5 and I've just been too lazy to get another one...lmao

I'll be back soon.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Sorry guys...the only reason I haven't been play testing is because I havent really played too much B- or anything wii related...because somebody stole my SD card at Pound 5 and I've just been too lazy to get another one...lmao

I'll be back soon.
Wow, you too?
And if it will get you to be playtesting again, I'll give you an sd card. (juz a 1gb tho)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Nerf MK's damage, but keep his other attributes the same.

He's a combo gimp character, not a power character.
The damage isn't even the big problem... lol
The random *** shuttle loops at ANY GIVEN TIME is what is broken.
It'd be similar to marth being able to act out of upb... but marth doesn't have a thousand jumps and arguably the best upb in the game. Just a really good one.

MK would need serious nerfs if you guys want to keep his act out of helpless... otherwise, take it out. His scrub metagame, is his real metagame. Which is a problem.

MK, Toon Link, GnW, Sheik, Ike, Fox, and possibly ganon have the worst skill/risk/reward ratios. In the sense that, you get so much for so little.

(This is talking about 1.6, most of the charatcers mentioned have been changed now)

Also, we desperately need ICs testing... they are rather unpopular, but they need to be tested all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom