• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
I was using Fox (no texture) and Pikachu (texture here). I'm uploading the video as I type. Will edit this post with the video once it's up.

EDIT: By the way, Fox was the one who took the extra KO, and he had no texture, so I doubt that Pikachu's texture had anything to do with it. I'm using all characters version 1.6. The video will be done processing within 4 minutes.

EDIT: Jeez I forgot about this sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSOOb1NVwc

Glitch at 1:10

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, that is a glitch with respawning that Fox and R.O.B. have. I doubt it is the speed of the stage doing that. Can you test that glitch again with fox and rob?

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz2Iz08BvMk

Rob (Level 9 CPU) vs Fox (Me)
Standard B- Settings
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-0 (Daylight)
No custom textures
Brawl Minus v1.6

Rob's 1st Death: Normal spawn after side kill
Rob's 2nd Death: Glitched spawn after side kill
Rob's 3rd Death: Normal spawn after side selfdestruct

Fox's 1st Death: Normal spawn after side kill
Fox's 2nd Death: Glitched spawn after side kill.
Fox's 3rd Death: Glitched spawn after side selfdestruct
Fox's 4th Death: Endgame, side kill as a result of my 3rd death.

(Above is assuming a selfdestruct is a death of a character who has not taken damage, and any damage results in a kill.)

parkourcowboy

Smash Rookie
coulld anyone post what your sd card file setup should look like to play this with no homebrew channel like what files exactly in root and so forth and where exactly you put things

thanks much :D im excited to play and google isnt being friendly with this question

Xyless

Smash Master
For anyone who wants No Homebrew, I have made a preset pack that you simply put on your SD Card and go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnrzxsjbsx9uy2p

Comes with a readme explaining how to make it work. Most important thing to know: all stage builder stages have to be removed from the Wii and SD Card prior to putting this on the SD Card, as the hacked stage needs to be the only one available.

It even has our new strap menu!

parkourcowboy

Smash Rookie
thank you so much :D

one last question... to play this online with someone i have to find their wii friend code offa a forum here or something?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
To play someone on wifi with brawl minus, both players need to have the same fighter files, stage files, and GCT. To find their FC, PM the person you want to fight, email them, or go to www.fsmash.org There are people there that are looking to wifi with brawl minus.

bleyva

Smash Ace
so, any chance snake's gonna lose that ******** hitlag? i realize it's for a purpose, but come on.....

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Wario - Most of his attacks having the coins effect.

Luigi - Down Taunt with flower effect.

Snake - Since he is saying, "Nom nom nom," when using his pummel, he should heal like Meta Knight does.

R.O.B. - Hitboxes on his Up Special.

Fox - Hitboxes on his Up Taunt.

Just some silly ideas I had while playing.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
With wario, we are currently toying with some gfx, currently some his attacks have the waft gfx. This may or may not be kept.
Luigi's dtaunt already leads into spiking someone on the edge or hitting with an upair, nair, dair, fair, or upB. Doesn't seem to need to have more.
If ROB had hitboxes on his rocket, that would be overpowered, why have him be able to fly(similar to pit's wings of icarus) and hit people at the same time on all movement.
Fox's utaunt may have hitboxes in the future.

Thanks for the ideas, if you have any more ideas, please post them!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think we should change most of PT's Moves to be "cannon-cally"

that or somehow incorporate their final smash attack into thier regular attack

Squirtle -"hydro pump" (final smash) can be double tapping B (full charge)

Ivysaur "solarbeam" double tapping side B before razor leaf comes out (has charge time like rob's laser)

Charizard "fire blast" double tapping B before flamethrower comes out

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
IIRC it is not possible to call for the solar beam, hydro pump, or fire blast article due to those articles being in the FitPokeTrainerFinal.pac You would need to activate the final smash to be able to call those articles.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We would need to replace one of the articles of one of the pokes, IE: replacing the leaves from razor leaf, rock from rock smash, etc if we were to use hyper beam on one of them. And iirc if we were to call upon ROB's laser article, it wouldn't show unless ROB was in the match.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well then explain to me how kirby has 2 dash attacks with one being holdin A and one being tapping A?

couldnt yo essentially do the hold tap method for that also?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
It would be cool to give each of the pokémon a hyper beam, but after they used it they became fatigued.

Also, most of their moves are already canon... what do you mean?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ratios and side effects

Squirtle
withdrawl Gives Heavy armor after it ends (on the next hit you take i suppose)

ivysaurs critical hit ration on razor leaf actually be the ratio from in game/throws more than one leaf (possibly making this chargeable so he can throw 3-5 leaves in succession or a scatter)

Bullet seed actually needs Less lag at the end btw...or to be Cancelable upon ground touch= short hop bulletseed -> hit ground negate lag at the end

Cant really think of anything for charizard he is pretty canon

OH AND SQUIRTLE TAUNT (THE ONE WHERE HE SPINS AROUND AND SQUIRTS WATER

HEALS THE SAME PERCENTAGE OF DAMAGE THAT AQUA RING HEALS IN POKEMON BECUASE THAT IS TOTALLY WHAT THAT MOVE IS!!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
well then explain to me how kirby has 2 dash attacks with one being holdin A and one being tapping A?

couldnt yo essentially do the hold tap method for that also?
That is because in the version of kirby you are using, Eldiran made holding A go to another animation and have fire gfx. None of his articles were replaced.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Sonic:

Hitboxes for his down taunt
-It looks like something that would hurt if you got in the range of it

Hitboxes when charging the spindash
-Like the classic Sonic titles

Hitboxes while running
-Like Sonic Rush/Sonic Unleashed

Hitboxes while jumping

Olimar

Stop him from plucking Pikmin when six are already out, there's a chance you might kill a fully grown one

Link

His down air goes really slow, it should be faster, considering how heavy he is

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
1st off, I added Monk's DLC 1 and 2 a few days ago and they were awesome, so ty for that. The only thing I noticed problem-wise was on Norfair (Lavaville), there was some weird grafic that would pop up in front of the screen every now and then for only an instant... not sure what it is or why... but it's happened 3 or 4 times every match I've played there.

2nd: Possible suggestion... I don't know what's possible, but I think it'd be cool if the PK flash move sped up a good bit (enough to make it a viable or at least somewhat viable counter move)... of course, if you did that you'd probably have to nerf the damage/knockback and the possible effects it imposes, but maybe you could have it be weaker only if Ness is hit (I figure this is less likely to be possible, but worth mentioning in case it is).

Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but it'd be interesting if Mario's fludd could "clean" a person's stale moves (iirc, this was removed and in place there is a 5% bonus if the move is not stale, but it could give you back that bonus, or at least make you closer to getting back that bonus)...
obviously this would not be useful in 1v1 if you could only shoot this at your opponent... so a possible suggestion would be (and I am skeptical this could be done, but I'll throw it out there) that you could give him the ability to shoot water straight up and the water would fall back down, perhaps still damaging him but giving him that buff... if could be a different move sort of when doing this, like he only does it in the air (in which case it could also cause him to shoot to the ground), or it could be a "if you hold are and hit down b" thing.
The other way I could see this being implemented is, instead of it being a different move, you could use it in team mode and, if it were possible, make it so that you can either: only put this effect on allies OR make it so that holding R or something like that will make it so that the effect will be caused by the water or not... (cause it would kinda suck to HAVE to give your opponent that bonus in a 1v1 while using it... if it were buffed in some other way to help convince people to use it nonetheless, then maybe).

Also, is it possible to make it so that you can choose what pokemon you switch to when using down b (for example, used normally it goes one way and if you hold R you go the other way).
Plus it would be cool if you added something to the extent of making an Izysaur move (like razor leaf maybe) add an effect on the opponent that makes them take more damage from the next fire move that hit them (like there's some "grass" residue on them or something... not sure what graphic you would put on them (a green tint? I noticed that Nayru adds a blue tint on Zelda iirc…). Again, not sure if this is possible, but I’m trying to think of things that would make characters more unique (since for me personally, the diversity of play-style and strategy from character to character is brawl-‘s greatest appeal).

Hmm… well, I’ve always thought that IndigoFenix’s Jet Diddy was awesome and maybe some of his move set (if he was willing to allow the brawl- team) could be implemented into Diddy-. If some of his changes were implemented into brawl- Diddy, namely the down B change (to explain, it’s diddy with jet packs on at all times and all that is changed really is that he speeds up faster when running from a boost, his A combo has a fire burst from his jet packs at the beginning, and his down b is a flip that leaves him lower than he started, and hits people (I think) in the direction he is traveling during the loop)… I imagine that this would only be implemented if we could somehow keep Diddy’s bananas in some way, seeing how that’s one of his defining characteristics…
Jet DIddy can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8277740&postcount=45
Not sure if it’s the most updated version of him or not though, but it gets the idea across…

K, one more… sorry for the long post.
For Ganondorf, people were talking about trying to make his up tilt more useful… to me, the absorbing projectiles and thus causing the move to be faster and/or more powerful sounded like a good idea to me, but if this is not possible, maybe getting hit in general could increase the speed and/or power of the attack and just give him heavy or super armor during it (I can imagine that the heavy armor / super armor alone would make the move useful given the start up is instant and you can cancel it instantly, but if this is too much you could make it so you can’t cancel the move immediately).

Okay, well that’s that… hopefully some of it is both plausible and interesting to the minus team… if not, oh well. I’ll try to think of other possible suggestions if you still want them.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Sonic:

This is being worked on already. This may or may not stay in.[/color]
we'll look into that
Hitboxes while running
That would be too OP. Moving and not attacking anyone, yet hitting them is not the way to go.
Hitboxes while jumping
That would be too OP. Moving and not attacking anyone, yet hitting them is not the way to go.
Olimar

Stop him from plucking Pikmin when six are already out, there's a chance you might kill a fully grown one
Pikmin don't get any special thing when they grow a flower. The flower is just a graphic thing.
Link

We'll look into that.

1st off, I added Monk's DLC 1 and 2 a few days ago and they were awesome, so ty for that. The only thing I noticed problem-wise was on Norfair (Lavaville), there was some weird grafic that would pop up in front of the screen every now and then for only an instant... not sure what it is or why... but it's happened 3 or 4 times every match I've played there.
That is a glitch and I can't fix it. Sorry. :c
2nd: Possible suggestion... I don't know what's possible, but I think it'd be cool if the PK flash move sped up a good bit (enough to make it a viable or at least somewhat viable counter move)... of course, if you did that you'd probably have to nerf the damage/knockback and the possible effects it imposes, but maybe you could have it be weaker only if Ness is hit (I figure this is less likely to be possible, but worth mentioning in case it is).
Thanks for the suggestion.
Also, this is a bit of a stretch, but it'd be interesting if Mario's fludd could "clean" a person's stale moves (iirc, this was removed and in place there is a 5% bonus if the move is not stale, but it could give you back that bonus, or at least make you closer to getting back that bonus)...
obviously this would not be useful in 1v1 if you could only shoot this at your opponent... so a possible suggestion would be (and I am skeptical this could be done, but I'll throw it out there) that you could give him the ability to shoot water straight up and the water would fall back down, perhaps still damaging him but giving him that buff... if could be a different move sort of when doing this, like he only does it in the air (in which case it could also cause him to shoot to the ground), or it could be a "if you hold are and hit down b" thing.
The other way I could see this being implemented is, instead of it being a different move, you could use it in team mode and, if it were possible, make it so that you can either: only put this effect on allies OR make it so that holding R or something like that will make it so that the effect will be caused by the water or not... (cause it would kinda suck to HAVE to give your opponent that bonus in a 1v1 while using it... if it were buffed in some other way to help convince people to use it nonetheless, then maybe).
The refreshing of the stale moves is not possible afaik.
Also, is it possible to make it so that you can choose what pokemon you switch to when using down b (for example, used normally it goes one way and if you hold R you go the other way).
Plus it would be cool if you added something to the extent of making an Izysaur move (like razor leaf maybe) add an effect on the opponent that makes them take more damage from the next fire move that hit them (like there's some "grass" residue on them or something... not sure what graphic you would put on them (a green tint? I noticed that Nayru adds a blue tint on Zelda iirc…). Again, not sure if this is possible, but I’m trying to think of things that would make characters more unique (since for me personally, the diversity of play-style and strategy from character to character is brawl-‘s greatest appeal).
I think this is only possible by holding L or R on death, there has not been a code made to choose who you go to on downB afaik
Hmm… well, I’ve always thought that IndigoFenix’s Jet Diddy was awesome and maybe some of his move set (if he was willing to allow the brawl- team) could be implemented into Diddy-. If some of his changes were implemented into brawl- Diddy, namely the down B change (to explain, it’s diddy with jet packs on at all times and all that is changed really is that he speeds up faster when running from a boost, his A combo has a fire burst from his jet packs at the beginning, and his down b is a flip that leaves him lower than he started, and hits people (I think) in the direction he is traveling during the loop)… I imagine that this would only be implemented if we could somehow keep Diddy’s bananas in some way, seeing how that’s one of his defining characteristics…
Jet DIddy can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8277740&postcount=45
Not sure if it’s the most updated version of him or not though, but it gets the idea across…
That is quite a bit of a change. We'll look into these. Diddy needs more suggestions though imo.
K, one more… sorry for the long post.
For Ganondorf, people were talking about trying to make his up tilt more useful… to me, the absorbing projectiles and thus causing the move to be faster and/or more powerful sounded like a good idea to me, but if this is not possible, maybe getting hit in general could increase the speed and/or power of the attack and just give him heavy or super armor during it (I can imagine that the heavy armor / super armor alone would make the move useful given the start up is instant and you can cancel it instantly, but if this is too much you could make it so you can’t cancel the move immediately).
We could try and give his uptilt heavy armour or something.
Okay, well that’s that… hopefully some of it is both plausible and interesting to the minus team… if not, oh well. I’ll try to think of other possible suggestions if you still want them.
Thanks for the suggestions if you have anymore, please post theme
Answers are in brown.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
It doesn't, it just has a fresh bonus. Which confuses people at times.

@Tko: Bullet seed needs LESS lag?
It's like his only really good move, why make it better?
Let's make his crappy moves good, not his great ones better. @_@

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sonic:

Hitboxes while running

Hitboxes while jumping

Olimar

Link

w/ Sonic - hit box for charging spin dash is a good idea. Hitboxes for jumping and running is not. Sonic would be too OP because you can just run around or jump and be a hitbox the entire time.

w/ Olimar - unless the BR for B- did anything with it, how they are grown makes no difference. It's just a little gimmick in the game. Giving the pikmin a little more power as they evolve would be a very good idea. I'm pretty sure the game has some way of determining what they have (leaf, bud, flower). Not sure if you can code anything to make a difference in damage or knockback depending on what the pikmin has.

w/ Link - his dair is fine

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Link's boomerang should have the burn/freeze properties of TL's and mario's FLUDD should always be fully charged, IMO.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ah to bad i missed the backroom stream.

Anyway i dont think links boomerang needs fire/ice on it b/c when its used well it is a crazy good projectile.

Also anyone remember what ivy's d-smash did in brawl+? i ask b/c i remember liking it in that game. while i am not a fan of it in minus. I think it just kinda knocked the guy down next to u making a follow up easier.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@powerhouse A move is not good if it net's a free hit at the end of it

especially in this game where one hit could mean a combo to death

and Im saying...leave the lag i guess but that needs to be cancelable from the air like falcos lasers are when you hit the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom