• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I at first red this post as you coming at me offensively but then I said meh...you haven't played the people I played

I may have overexaggerated about Luigi and Pikachu being Super broken but they are definitely in that Too good status...

also inferno...utilt would need to be faster if it were to be his reflector so I'm gonna go ahead and stick with Ftilt reflect...Utilt does need a use though...

also I'm in the backroom...just saying
look this post was not offensive all i was doing was disagreeing with who u think is broken.

Now about me not playing who u have played i want to point out u dont know who i have played ether. imo if their was a tier list for brawl- i would say luigi might be top 5 to top 7 which is good but i dont think he falls into the to good range atm. He has been nerfed a decent amount since the last version which takes away most of his 0-death stuff the only thing i think he has which is almost to good is the tipper part of his up-B but to be fair there are a lot of characters whos up-B's are crazy good so i dont see him being that great.

Also b/c i remeber ganon just smascking the projectiles back in the zelda games might be why i thought jab would be the best projectile.

I still also want to know peoples oppions on sheik, and samus

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, just so people know, Samus's tilt misseles hit in whatever angle the missile is going at, IE: if the missile is traveling at 45 degrees, it will hit you in 45 degrees. We haven't talked about sheik in the BR yet. Don't worry, all characters will be discussed eventually.

Also, I said that the DLC 2 would be out in a couple days, and I have yet to continue working on it. I'll continue working on it today. Expect the DLC 2 to be out by the end of this week.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
sheik...haven't really played anyone who makes her look broken but I kidna don't like that whole disappearing thing...thats just me though...also samus's missles still need to be nerfed..the homing is way to strong imo...not like a huge nerf but just a little nerf should suffice...I dont see any other problem with her we had a couple of silly ideas but I'm not sure if anything was passed

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if there was ever any talk of giving Mario his 64 UpSmash. I'm surprised it isn't in already to be honest, given the idea of the game.
Just thought I'd bring this back up. In my mind it seems like the kind of move that would fit right in in this game, so I'm kinda curious if it hasn't been thought of yet or if it's just too good or whatever.

Sharky

Smash Master
Afaik it is not possible to turn the rock itself into an item that you and others can pick up and throw. I am not sure if it is possible to give the falling rock a hitbox though. I am sure we can though. :)
awww no spawning bonsly. =( lol no worries I wasn't super confident in it working in the first place, it would have been awesome though =D
sheik...haven't really played anyone who makes her look broken but I kidna don't like that whole disappearing thing...thats just me though...also samus's missles still need to be nerfed..the homing is way to strong imo...not like a huge nerf but just a little nerf should suffice...I dont see any other problem with her we had a couple of silly ideas but I'm not sure if anything was passed
I just don't see the point in sheik disappearing when she can't be fully invisible due to the tag above your head anyway. It just doesn't really make much practical sense.

Samus' missle are mad broke =(

Also I heard from someone that it was really easy to SDI out of Samus' up-b, but I've never been able to do it consistently, is there a specific way to do it or was whoever I read saying that lying? =/

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i dont know what this projectile u want to give ganon does so i will not comment on it, but i will say that i feel and always felt ganon's move-set was stupid as ****, now i am not saying replace all of his moves b/c thats stupid people would be mad and its a lot of work but i feel giving him a lucario or mewtwo type projectile makes sense i mean he always had one in the games (then again he has a sword now and u dont see him using that in smash ether)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Gerudo prince has all of that. Obit that's not for brawl minus.

Disappearing can possibly be useful. They can see te tag, but they cant see what your doing.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Since we're talking about Ganondorf, are we still getting sword Ganon? I haven't heard it mentioned in a long time.

BTW, I'm totally hyped for DLC 2.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Sword ganon is gerudo prince. Unless you mean at one point we were working on one.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Sword ganon is gerudo prince. Unless you mean at one point we were working on one.
Is Gerudo Prince a Zelda thing? I've never been a huge Zelda fan, so I don't get a lot of the references.

I remember somebody saying that it was going to be added to minus on Smashmods. I think the idea was that when he pulled the sword, he changed movesets. Haven't seen it mentioned in a while though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
all i was saying is that they dont give ganon things he has in games.

Also being invisible takes some getting use to but i think its a good thing

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is Gerudo Prince a Zelda thing? I've never been a huge Zelda fan, so I don't get a lot of the references.

I remember somebody saying that it was going to be added to minus on Smashmods. I think the idea was that when he pulled the sword, he changed movesets. Haven't seen it mentioned in a while though.
Yep, that's Gerudo Prince. You can find it on BrawlVault somewhere.

Anyway, the reference is from Legend of Zelda. Ganondorf is a Gerudo. Gerudos are an all-female race, aside from a single male born every 100 years. Hence the Prince. Rhyme on purpose.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We still have yet to hear from eldiran and see how he is doing with working on a sword ganon. Also, I was going to make a bigger edit to mushroomy kingdom 1-1 but I can't move/remove the blocks at all!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Spacing mindgames, plus some moves are faster/have different properties. Makes a difference, believe me.
ok i of coursed noticed how not only can u dash attack but u also can do a strange glide movement thing when invisible but what else has different properties? I am a bit tired at the moment but i off the top of my head can only think of that being different. Also as a sheik main as i said before once u get to being invisible it is a great tool, there is so much u can do with it even just walking at your opponent might force there hand not knowing what u will go for. Plus once u are use to it it does not hurt combos at all and is just fun to use.

I use to hate the invisibility when i first tried sheik out i also thought she only had that and a longer distance f-smash but once i got use to the character i realized how great her tools are and atm non of my friends can beat me :).

Now this is turning into a essay (anything not to study for my test tomorrow). For samus earlier someone said her homing missiles are to good and that might be true but as a character she is underwhelming. I feel a nerf to her missiles is fine but she needs some buffs regardless of what u do to her missiles . So here are some idea 1) Make her multi hit moves harder to SDI, her fair when sdi'ed does not combo and leaves her open which is a big problem, Once i up-B'ed to live hit my opponent he then SDI'ed out and edgehogged me and i feel this needs to be fixed, lastly and in some ways least important her up-air can also be sdi'ed so i feel it could use a buff but it could just be a move not to use. 2)speed up tilts/jabs a bit, this i feel is needed b/c once someone breaks through her spam and gets in her zone she has trouble b/c she is not a very fast melee character so fast characters like falcon once in her face i feel destroy her. 3)make her grab better. this is not really needed b/c she never has a good grab and its not a big part of her game but just throwing it out there. 4)This one needs a little back story: i dont feel like sheik needs any buffs but i was joking with a friend how awesome it would be if her chain was always a chain jacket, my friend then said that would be cool for other characters like samus having her zair be a chain jacket. He also said how broken it might be b/c big **** then zair would be crazy but its a funny idea.

Well there is my samus wall of text i hope u like some of the idea

NNID
Budget_Player
ok i of coursed noticed how not only can u dash attack but u also can do a strange glide movement thing when invisible but what else has different properties?
This glide movement is dash attack IASA. Basically, if you cancel your dash attack very early into anything (dsmash, usmash, simply walking is the easiest thing), you get a massive momentum boost (think DACUS with anything).

I am a bit tired at the moment but i off the top of my head can only think of that being different. Also as a sheik main as i said before once u get to being invisible it is a great tool, there is so much u can do with it even just walking at your opponent might force there hand not knowing what u will go for. Plus once u are use to it it does not hurt combos at all and is just fun to use.
True. Here's a few off the top of my head:
-Dtilt is way faster
-Fair is WAAAY faster
-jab works differently?
-Ftilt has different knockback or something...

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Yep, that's Gerudo Prince. You can find it on BrawlVault somewhere.

Anyway, the reference is from Legend of Zelda. Ganondorf is a Gerudo. Gerudos are an all-female race, aside from a single male born every 100 years. Hence the Prince. Rhyme on purpose.
Okay, that makes sense. I actually did get the Zelda reference, just not the Brawl Vault one.

We still have yet to hear from eldiran and see how he is doing with working on a sword ganon. Also, I was going to make a bigger edit to mushroomy kingdom 1-1 but I can't move/remove the blocks at all!
Okay, I was just wondering if it was still in the works.

Just out of curiosity, will your MK edit be more balanced or more crazy?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
This glide movement is dash attack IASA. Basically, if you cancel your dash attack very early into anything (dsmash, usmash, simply walking is the easiest thing), you get a massive momentum boost (think DACUS with anything).

True. Here's a few off the top of my head:
-Dtilt is way faster
-Fair is WAAAY faster
-jab works differently?
-Ftilt has different knockback or something...
well i feel dumb since i never tried to cancel the glide before

man cant believe i didnt know some of these i guess i cant see why everyone loves cinnamon toast crunch. I kinda knew the ftilt one since i do combo with it differently but part of me just thought it felt different b/c i was invisible. Anyway some cool stuff to know

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@TKO, IIRC Big O tried making Ganon's forward tilt reflect, but he was unable to. He kept having the ftilt crash the game, unfortunately. Hopefully we can make it reflect though. :dizzy:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok so i have been trying ivysuar out and i like him for the most part but i do have a couple of comments. 1) i like his dair for the sleep status effect but when someone is under me trying to chase me down and up-air combo me by dair often does 2% to them with almost no knockback and no hitstun then i get comboed, also with his dair its very very laggy after u use it and this sometimes leaves me very open (if there is a reason for what i find to be problems or if i am missing some easy solution like a different more besides dair to stop people following up on me i would like to know) 2)his 2nd thing i kinda want changed is a higher crit rate on his side-B not a crazy crit rate but i feel it does not crit often as is (not asking for a R/B/Y crit rate)
Also i love his neutral B not just is it useful but its funny as hell.

Also any responses to my samus post on the last page? I also want to add another idea that my friend had for samus. 1)His idea was to be able to hold down side-B and have missiles come out so she can get more out in the air, i kinda like the idea of just holding the button down for missiles to come out.

GNKyrios

Smash Cadet
so how is minus compared to plus? i mean in mechanics, physics etc, not the actual character changes, i mean could i use plus .pac characters to play minus gameplay features but with "normal" characters?

i see they share some features(as said in the "global changes") but im curious about some new ones like "no dead frame on jumps", and i like the idea of increased shield stun, in brawl and plus guarding->grab is too cheap. I know the objective of minus isnt "balance" or "competitive play", but do u think its possible with custom character changes?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@inferno, from what Big O has done, yes. Hopefully we will be able to though soon.

@nagace, samus is at her file size limit, we can't code into the PAC. We have to add codes through the gct and having hold b to just fire missiles automaticcally would improve spam. Lol

@GNKyrios,You can use character changes with minus. I forgot what things like the dead frame removal did though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
wow i had no idea samus was at her limit, i know zss has a small file size so i figured she was at her limit but i had no idea others are at there limit as well. Of course now there is a way around that which is cool. And yes i know it would make her spam to good but i ment to add the hold B thing as well as nerf her homing missles so it even out. Also i feel my biggest problem with samus in brawl- is that she relies on spam but i dont feel she has the best spam i feel links in better (not that i am complaining about her missiles they are great just that links arrows are crazy strong)

I want to say i know most of my post are about things u could change but i am just doing this to try to help with certain characters. I dont mean to seem like that guy who complains about the game because i really enjoy brawl-, so i hope u guys dont think i am just some annoying guy who complains about everything.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
We don't mind you at all. At least you are giving feedback. ;D

AFAIK the only characters that are at their file size limit are samus and ZSS. Even if the homing time was shortened on tilt missiles, I still don't like the hold B idea. Keep giving feedback though!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Brawl Minus Stage DLC #2 is released!

I am Monk, the Brawl Minus stage developer, if you didn't know this already. I have been working hard on this for the last couple months and here it is! The second stage DLC for Brawl Minus!

Stages that are included are:
LavaVille
BBrawl Spear Pillar fix on all forms
SMI edits
Mario Bros-
MK 1-1(added ledges and walljumps and made scroll speed 2x)
MK 1-2(added ledges and walljumps and set block HP to 10)
Pirate Ship(water is now twice as fast and rudder camping has been fixed)

Download it today!

The Brawl Minus Stage DLC 1 was also released several months ago.

Stages that are included are:
Frozen PS2
Frozen WarioWare
Halberd-
Big Blue fix, i added ledges to all the cars and lowered the top blastzone
Yoshi's island pipes fix, extend left and top blastzone and removed the six blocks in teh fight area
Skyworld fix, removed the left, top, and right platform and left the bottom floor
PTAD with ledges on the main platform

Download it today!
Any complaints, glitches, or compliments can be posted here.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Just played the stages. All of them are great, especially Lavaville! Just one minor complaint; on MK 1-0 I was playing against a computer Fox, and after I killed him he respawned inside the ground, instantly KOing him.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Was it the night level or day level. Currently, in the night level, if you die, you will respawn in the blocks. I have a fix for it and will update the DLC 2 with the patch for MK 1-2 later today.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
The day level. For some reason, the spawn point was a bit under the normal ground level. No block spawning.

EDIT: Actually after review of the replay he spawned inside a pipe, not underground. Still it's bizzare. I'll get a vid up in a bit.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
What characters were in the match? What texture were you using. Maybe a renamed bone in the texture may have affected spawn position. I know for a fact that the spawn positions in the stage are unchanged from vBrawl Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom