• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Diem is wrong. that isn't true. we haven't discussed tiers that much. haha Besides, why take his word into consideration about BR stuff if he isn't in the BR. :p

Inferno3044

Smash Master
He told me that someone said "if you think Shiek is good, then you're a dumb n*****" He knows Shiek is good. He uses Shiek.

Btw I know this has probably been said, but Bowser is really bad. Please make him good again.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Right, because one ex-playtester who wasn't ever even in the BR, suddenly represents the whole BR.
Don't bring Diem up, he's obviously butthurt about his roomban & removal from BR and you could probably get in trouble for speaking on his behalf.

And, can you expand on "Bowser is really bad"? That doesn't really tell me anything. Why is he bad? What do you want to see done with him? etc.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
And, can you expand on "Bowser is really bad"? That doesn't really tell me anything. Why is he bad? What do you want to see done with him? etc.
First of all I think getting rid of the tumble armor really messed up Bowser. It's not hard for characters to do 10% in one hit in this game. It really only protects him from multi-hit attacks like Pit's nair and a 3-hit jab combo. The 15% tumble armor I thought really helped Bowser from being juggled. I think it would really help him if he had it back.

Less cooldown on bair especially if you hit the ground with it. Honestly I'm not sure if there's anything else I can think of off the top of my head. GR > DownB on some characters might be too OP but it might be awesome.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
allow me to point out how there wasn't one non-shiek tech that whole video
when u say this i think u mean a tech as in tech roll right?

If so let me point out that even though there were some were people missed there tech there were also plenty were the person never even touched the ground to tech, also on small platforms if timed right a tech would not matter. Also i did have some recorded combos were techs happened and i chased the person down to continue/ restart my combos but they imo were not very interesting looking so i kept them out of the video b/c combo vids imo need to look flashy. Sheik puts on so much pressure that often even if a person techs she can still chase them down.

Now to whoever said sheik is not very good and bottom 5 its a good thing that person is not in the back room b/c they are dumb as ****. Sheiks up-B alone shuts down some characters. Now for the bowser thing him being bad has been brought up a lot and from what i understand the BR is more or less reworking him to a large degree which is a good thing b/c he needs it

Inferno3044

Smash Master
bair and dair landing lag have been reduced and dair landing now sends at a better angle for more follow ups! :D
Must've missed that XD. I forgot because I stopped using Bowser in 1.5 and I must've forgot there was less lag. There were some power nerfs though with a couple moves I remember. Probably the best thing to do imo is give him back the tumble armor.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Obviously. Toaster and I should try and get a stream going when we aren't swamped with schoolwork and work. Spanish is tanking our grades and we are getting a tutor so it may make streaming a bit later in the weeks for toaster and I. Sorry. :c

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I love the concept for solomar. If you were to implement this will there be an option to use both solomar and olimar with pikmin? Will they be two different characters like in the video?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
the two olimars were identical, just xyless used pikmin, and kirk didnt.

halfway through, kirk couldve plucked pikmin, and xyless couldve killed all of his. then xyless' would work like kirk's and kirk's would work like xyless'.

correct?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Pretty much.

In short, this scheme would allow you to play as olimar with pikmin or without...entirely up to the player. Additions will be made...in hopes of making solimar a true standalone character.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Will the Olimar w/ Pikmin be buffed more so that Olimar w/ Pikmin is a viable character just like Solimar? 'cause it'd be pretty lame if the only buffs Olimar got were the recovery and whistle buffs.

Xyless

Smash Master
Olimar with Pikmin (Pikmar) is going to get changes. We focused on changing without Pikmin first to make sure it worked smoothly and compared at least somewhat to the original Olimar in terms of "playability". Pikmin are difficult to plan with, so we're deciding our course of action with them.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pikmar is already buffed with his new and improved Neutral B and UpB. SideB is inherantly buffed by the new NeutralB.

What he does need is a way to have UpB NOT give him the massive jump. Before, SHUpB was pretty useful, and I think it would be good to maintain the utility.

Xyless

Smash Master
If you notice in the video, Pierce, I used Pikmar's up B to recover, and he didn't launch. Like I said, Pikmar is currently the same (for now) except for a better aerial pluck and the massacre whistle option.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I don't like the whistle change. It will cause me a great deal of grief if I play olimar with this change. Is there a way you can make a special whistle input to kill the pikmin? like down-b and hold shield?

ie: i use whistle in my normal gameplay. my pikmin will disappear and ruin my flow. the whistle is a great asset to olimar

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Ok that's good to hear. Will olimar still be tiny? Also did people ever figure out how to fully hack pikmin? Olimar needs to have 100 pikmin following him :awesome:

What!

Smash Cadet
Okay so I download Brawl- a few days ago and have been really impressed with the game so far.
Many of the characters seem really well done to me like link, samus, ganon, etc. But some characters like wario seem kind of underwhelming, so in a nutshell I just have a couple suggestions. For wario have you thought of making his n-air a weaker version of warioman's n-air, and make his d-air closer to vbrawl's but make the last hit spike so that he would be able to do some shield pressure.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
He told me that someone said "if you think Shiek is good, then you're a dumb n*****" He knows Shiek is good. He uses Shiek.

Btw I know this has probably been said, but Bowser is really bad. Please make him good again.
...The guy who said that was trolling, and diem fell for it hardcore it seems like lol.

Diem is just fishing for bad things to say about the minus broom imo. Don't listen to him about anything minus.

And omg solimar looks really good... definitely needs some polish, and I'd like to see more of the solimar side b. Though I'd like do give oli something like diddy's side b, so he's acting like he's the pikmin and latching onto them lol.

Is this possible at all?

I would totally not hate olimar anymore if he turns into a berserker type combo freak.

@What!: Wario is being completely redone on a fairly consistent basis, we'll probably post something when we get to the point where we're close and will keep most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom