• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

What!

Smash Cadet
Thats good can't wait to see what you guys come up with for him. Oh on a side note while I was playing my brother I noticed you can actually shield luigi's dash attack after a few hits, and you can tech ganon's aerial side-b.

NNID
Budget_Player
^Thanks. i was thinking it could use some more invisible combos but then how could u see it lol. No really i love sheiks invisibility but for the long better looking combos i like the visible sheiks angles better, also there were some combos were it started invisible or became invisible during part of it but overall you are right it was lacking in invisible combos

edit: just found out that my video is blocked in Germany b/c of music on it LOL
Could you please make a version that does work in germany? Like, silent or something?

bair and dair landing lag have been reduced and dair landing now sends at a better angle for more follow ups! :D
And by this, we mean "dair landing->usmash/dsmash is guaranteed". It's PIMP.

You guys might want to sit down for this one.

Solimar Vs Olimar?
^New Olimar.
GOD DAMMIT I NEED TO GET HOME AND WATCH THIS ****!

EDIT: doesn't solimar's range REALLY suck?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
yo, quick question... is it possible to get the brawl SD card file for vBrawl to add costume hacks onto that? because I got a bunch of costume/music hacks for Brawl SD hacks, and I'd like it on vBrawl too without hacking my wii

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
yo, quick question... is it possible to get the brawl SD card file for vBrawl to add costume hacks onto that? because I got a bunch of costume/music hacks for Brawl SD hacks, and I'd like it on vBrawl too without hacking my wii
Way to go guys, you missed that he wants to know how to do it w/o hacking his Wii.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do what he wants w/o hacking.
I'm an idiot.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, to my knowledge, you can do any of texture hacks through Smash stack without using Brawl-. Smash Stack is just a method of loading Gecko (which loads hacks through your SD Card) by exploiting stage builder instead of Homebrew.

I'm not the best person to ask for directions, because I haven't messed around with textures though. Lots of people should know though. You probably just have to put textures on and load them through Smash Stack, the same way you'd do minus, without the Minus Files or the Minus GCT on the SD Card.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Uh, to my knowledge, you can do any of texture hacks through Smash stack without using Brawl-. Smash Stack is just a method of loading Gecko (which loads hacks through your SD Card) by exploiting stage builder instead of Homebrew.

I'm not the best person to ask for directions, because I haven't messed around with textures though. Lots of people should know though. You probably just have to put textures on and load them through Smash Stack, the same way you'd do minus, without the Minus Files or the Minus GCT on the SD Card.
yeah, I assume there would be, because I could play BB without hacking my wii. just the SD card

What!

Smash Cadet
When I was playing my brother yesyerday on the pirate stage ship I noticed that toon links arrows seem to stay in one spot on the screen rather than on the ship itself. It was kind of cool actually here's a vid of it happening during our fight. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1184PIbTbRI
And also do you guys want play-testing vids? Or are they unnecessary? Oh and have you thought of giving characters that have counters 1 frame startup counters, it would really improve the risk reward ratio for using them. edit - video quality is pretty bad

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Toon Link's arrows are supposed to stick in the ground forever. Due to this mechanic, if you hit a part of a stage that moves, such as pokemon stadium 1's rock formation and hit the wall. The arrow will end up sticking itself in the air.

Yes, any and all minus videos are appreciated!

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I love that kirby video you guys have on the brawl minus youtube thingy. Taunt canceling is sexy and kirby in general looks good. Just a question... is it realistically possible to have kirby's other specials change when he copies a power?

Edit: Nvm the realistically possible thing... I don't think that's an appropriate question for you guys. I'll ask in another thread.

Also I want to suggest something for kirby. If you're familiar with kirby's games, you know how he can let out a puff of air after flying? If you can implement that into brawl minus I think it would be cool. You could have it so you tab B in the air to do the air puff and hold B in the air to suck people up. The air puff could have a small/short wind hitbox and can be used to push characters (offstage?). Let me know what you think of it.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
I think that DarkPikmin's idea shood be taken one step further, if possible. In the kirby games, you don't just swallow stuff that you suck up, you either choose to swallow it or spit it back out. Even if this isn't possible, at the very least I think that when Kirby swallows an item he should regain health. Kirby games are all about him inhaling things and using it as a weapon, so why is inhaling items nothing but a weakness in Brawl? Just saying.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
While I don't think we should make absorbing items should heal, that's only because I'd like kirby to be able to spit items out. Is this possible?

Or turn all items into the star projectile, and then it disappears?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
While I don't think we should make absorbing items should heal, that's only because I'd like kirby to be able to spit items out. Is this possible?

Or turn all items into the star projectile, and then it disappears?
This would be a good idea. Or at least make it so that Kirby and Dedede don't suffer when an item is swallowed.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I like your idea The Foot, I'll also expand on that. Wouldn't it be awesome to have kirby swallow bombs and get the bomb ability? *drools* I wonder how it could be done? Can PSA call for a different moveset after you use a certain move? (like kirby's copy ability)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Does the No Homebrew version not work with the latest system menu? My brother updated it so he could play the new kirby game (>.>). Am I completely screwed?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, but he wants no homebrew, count.

Does the No Homebrew version not work with the latest system menu? My brother updated it so he could play the new kirby game (>.>). Am I completely screwed?
It works regardless of system menu.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yes, No Homebrew Version (aka Smash Stack) will work with the latest system menu, and likely any system menu that Nintendo could put out, due to how it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?el8iy3k5l3yh62n

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a suggestion. Give Yoshi the ability to jump out of shield like everyone else in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom