• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Diddy is looking great :3
I cant wait for the new build, thanks for all of your hard work, <3

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... so are you guys still looking for suggestions? Sorry that some of my suggestions might be sort of outlandish (I still think that the peanut thing during up B would be cool for Diddy... but I also LOVE that you made it cancelable.
Speaking of which, now that I think about it... does it have a jump cancel that cancels it's momentum?... I saw you could shield cancel the charge as well as dodge and attack to cancel after launch (including with over B, which is cool), but I don't think I saw you jump cancel it)...

Anyways, hopefully some of my suggestions are plausible and/or interesting...

Link should have a way (via taunt maybe?) to put on Hover boots... and with them then be able to walk off a ledge or platform and then be able to stand/walk/run/any attack off the edge (not aerials though) within a relatively short period of time... I figure if you want to drop early and you're going to allow this, grab could turn into a "I'm done hover now" button... I only suggest grab here since I could imagine grab being glitchy when link finally falls... dunno. Regardless, you should either be able to toggle whether or not you're wearing them , or be able to cancel the hover as it would get kinda annoying otherwise.

I don't suggest this thinking that Link needs a buff or anything, I was just kinda thinking how much I loved Peach's hover and how unique it made her, but I wouldn't want to put it on other characters (at least not in the same way), because it's kinda Peach's thing... so the first thing I came up with was Link's hover boots... I just think it would be interesting, I haven't really thought about how it would affect Link's play style to be honest....

The only other thing I came up with, which I imagine might be actually plausible, but I'm not really sure anyone would like the idea... maybe giving a hover where you could only move vertically to someone like Zelda? (I choose her cause, idk, she has magiks :p ...plus she's probably the strangest character, why not make her even stranger?)... it could even have a condition on it like, you can only do this directly after up B or something (though I suppose this would get rid of her special fall and maybe make her teleport too good).. and I'm not thinking she should be able to hover for as long as Peach by any means... hell, maybe even make it so she can't move at all during it, just attack... and make it so it can only be done once... it's hardly be a stall tactic... idk, I think it would be interesting...

As for activating it (as doing the same thing as float for Peach, only some of the things would make sense... I guess you could make it so she can't stop a hop early by hitting down as this would also move her down (maybe that wouldn't be bad... it'd be like giving her an odd jump cancel))... but only have it activate when you hold jump (at the jump's peak then that is)? assuming you don't go with the up B thing.

Thanks for reading all this... I seem to write a lot more than I think I'm going to when it comes to this sort of thing O_o.

Edit: Not important but I'd probably say that Zelda is my favorite character in Brawl- concept-wise at least, so when I said she was strange, I meant in a good way.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hover Boots have been suggested a few times, and they aren't possible, or at least it wouldn't be worth the amount of effort needed to code it.

And the other idea is...wha?

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm not surprised with the hover boots... oh well

The other suggestion was giving a "Float," similar to Peach's float only you can't move side to side... possibly allowing you to move vertically instead... I was thinking this would go to Zelda, though for no particular reason... You could make it activate in the same way as peaches, which would give Zelda a rather odd Jump cancel ability (hitting down while on the rise would put her into hover and move her down since her hover, as the suggestion states, would be able to move her up or down potentially)... or make it so you can only do it by holding jump (like with peach, if you hold jump you go into hover at the peek of her jump or if you don't have jumps she goes straight to hovering)... The other suggestion was that you could allow her to do this only right after up B (By holding jump after or something), though then she probably wouldn't have a special fall, so it would be a significant buff to up B (which could be bad or good, I don't really know...)

But yeah, with her far away attacks it seems like she would have make decent use of a float ability... even if she only gets one and it's conditional (like only after up B)... whether or not she'd move fast during it I guess would be up to you guys... I know she's supposed to be slow movement wise at least horizontally but maybe having a fast up down hover wouldn't be OP, dunno... maybe this is impossible, as I don't know at all how Peach's hover is programmed or if it's possible to give other people her hover.... let alone a hover that moves vertically rather than horizontally.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a suggestion for Mario. Make his fludd be able to help him recover by shooting straight down and pushing him up like it did in sunshine. Just a thought.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
http://www.justin.tv/standardtoaster/

streaming br build might be having second thoughts :C
i was watching but it was to choppy for me so i didnt get to see much. So what are u having 2nd thoughts on? the BR build or just streaming in genial.

Lastly how about this for arrow canceling for link, have it so he can cancel with his jab only, this should avoid any unfair buffs he might get but will also get rid of moments were u have to take an arrow and stupid stall.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Kill me hahaha i would like to see you try.... i am behind u right now.

Also if anyone cares i should be working on my sheik combo video this weekend (idk when it will be done but it looks like it will be made).

Also i have a couple of matches that a friend i mine recorded were he almost has a JV5 stock in two matches against two people with his CF i will also try to get those online this weekend, they are pretty funny/awesome.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Hmm... so are you guys still looking for suggestions? Sorry that some of my suggestions might be sort of outlandish (I still think that the peanut thing during up B would be cool for Diddy... but I also LOVE that you made it cancelable.
Speaking of which, now that I think about it... does it have a jump cancel that cancels it's momentum?... I saw you could shield cancel the charge as well as dodge and attack to cancel after launch (including with over B, which is cool), but I don't think I saw you jump cancel it)...

Anyways, hopefully some of my suggestions are plausible and/or interesting...

Link should have a way (via taunt maybe?) to put on Hover boots... and with them then be able to walk off a ledge or platform and then be able to stand/walk/run/any attack off the edge (not aerials though) within a relatively short period of time... I figure if you want to drop early and you're going to allow this, grab could turn into a "I'm done hover now" button... I only suggest grab here since I could imagine grab being glitchy when link finally falls... dunno. Regardless, you should either be able to toggle whether or not you're wearing them , or be able to cancel the hover as it would get kinda annoying otherwise.

I don't suggest this thinking that Link needs a buff or anything, I was just kinda thinking how much I loved Peach's hover and how unique it made her, but I wouldn't want to put it on other characters (at least not in the same way), because it's kinda Peach's thing... so the first thing I came up with was Link's hover boots... I just think it would be interesting, I haven't really thought about how it would affect Link's play style to be honest....

The only other thing I came up with, which I imagine might be actually plausible, but I'm not really sure anyone would like the idea... maybe giving a hover where you could only move vertically to someone like Zelda? (I choose her cause, idk, she has magiks :p ...plus she's probably the strangest character, why not make her even stranger?)... it could even have a condition on it like, you can only do this directly after up B or something (though I suppose this would get rid of her special fall and maybe make her teleport too good).. and I'm not thinking she should be able to hover for as long as Peach by any means... hell, maybe even make it so she can't move at all during it, just attack... and make it so it can only be done once... it's hardly be a stall tactic... idk, I think it would be interesting...

As for activating it (as doing the same thing as float for Peach, only some of the things would make sense... I guess you could make it so she can't stop a hop early by hitting down as this would also move her down (maybe that wouldn't be bad... it'd be like giving her an odd jump cancel))... but only have it activate when you hold jump (at the jump's peak then that is)? assuming you don't go with the up B thing.

Thanks for reading all this... I seem to write a lot more than I think I'm going to when it comes to this sort of thing O_o.

Edit: Not important but I'd probably say that Zelda is my favorite character in Brawl- concept-wise at least, so when I said she was strange, I meant in a good way.
mirror shield > hover boots

Xyless

Smash Master
Combo videos are always welcome, as are any video with Minus, really.

It's a shame no one seems to want to record videos of their Home Run Contest or Target Smash (aka Break the Target!). It's so much more fun now.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
If Toon Link got a mirror shield I'd be happy forever imo.
wait in your opinion you will be happy forever so others can disagree with this opinion of yours? odd.

Anyway i dont think toon link is that good and i support him getting a mirror shield. I read on smashmods some people think toon link is very good but no one i know think he is very good even my friend who use to be a toon link main in vbrawl does not really like him nor does he see success playing him so i feel he could use a mirror shield. On the other hand giving him something like a mirror shield might promote a stupid amount of camping depending how good the shield is. The last thing this game needs is strong camp. now i am not sure what i support which in the end kinda makes this post pointless.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea Don't gauge a characters overall skill over what "Your friends can do"

I've seen TL in tourney...that ***** is gay enough to not need a mirror shield

that would clearly make his camp game the best of all time.

-Arrows that are hard to get around/stick into the ground
- good bombs
- Spammable nair if you get close
- Annoying boomerang that freezes on the hit back

and you want to add a mirror shield? anybody who ever had a chance im atleast keeping up with his camp game is now ****ed

TL is fine...definitely doens't need any changes

and I totally got my shield broken by Lobos with the "Wildly swinging sword" taunt

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Question. Is there some semblance of a tier list for Brawl- right now? I ask more so because I'm wondering who's likely to be nerfed vs buffed in the upcoming build... so if nothing else, who's receiving the biggest nerfs? And who's receiving the biggest buffs? I have a general idea of what might be the answer for that, but some characters might surprise me...

Also, are you supposed to only use the down taunt of TL to break their sheild and/or when they're landing and can't sheild? I've only used him a few times in minus and tried to integrate using the taunts (the wind one I could find much practicality for though) and noticed it seemed pretty easy for the opponet to shield in the middle of my attack... it was brutal when I got it off though and yeah, I did notice it did quite a bit of shield damage.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Kirk instead of calling everything a stupid oversight why don't you explain what makes you say that in the first place...

Kirk

Smash Champion
Toon links taunt was an oversight. giving it that much power AND it having over a second of intangibility should have no place anywhere xD

Xyless

Smash Master
[8/27/10 10:15:21 PM] Xyless: were you feeling frisky when you originally made Toon Link Minus? lol
[8/27/10 11:04:20 PM] TaroLuke: lool
[8/27/10 11:04:36 PM] TaroLuke: all I really wanted was movable upB and attacktaunts
[8/27/10 11:04:41 PM] TaroLuke: the rest I added on a whim
[8/27/10 11:04:50 PM] Xyless: I finally got around to "fixing" your dtaunt
[8/27/10 11:04:58 PM] TaroLuke: ):
[8/27/10 11:05:26 PM] Xyless: If I weren't laughing so hard at its stats, I would've been raging

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yea Don't gauge a characters overall skill over what "Your friends can do"

I've seen TL in tourney...that ***** is gay enough to not need a mirror shield

that would clearly make his camp game the best of all time.

-Arrows that are hard to get around/stick into the ground
- good bombs
- Spammable nair if you get close
- Annoying boomerang that freezes on the hit back

and you want to add a mirror shield? anybody who ever had a chance im atleast keeping up with his camp game is now ****ed

TL is fine...definitely doens't need any changes

and I totally got my shield broken by Lobos with the "Wildly swinging sword" taunt
first off b/c this community is so fragmented i have nothing else to base off of besides my friends. 2nd i only base it off my talented friends which luckily i have a few of.

I only once got my shield broke by TL's d-taunt often i am able to shield it and punish it with a very long combo. His up-B i agree is good but i dont think its anything crazy but maybe thats just b/c my sheik can up-B through it. The thing his d-taunt is good at is edge guarding, and maybe good if u predict an attack and counter with the taunt but even then u can often shield it before the last hit and punish.

Next i did mention that with the mirror shield he might get crazy spam/camp so i was not sure about adding it and since my last post i thought about it more and decided i am against the mirror shield.

I never found his bombs or arrows that good, i often just power shield the arrows in the ground so they are a non factor. I am use to dogging the bombs from practice so i almost never get hit by them anymore. His boomerang freeze is nothing compared to Links drag boomerang plus as long as u remember its out there u should not be hit my it, Lastly a lot of characters have spamable moves his nair is nothing special

O one more thing in the game were my shield was broke by a toon link i also broke the TL's shield with normal Link in the end he got a combo and i lived when he broke my shield, on the other hand he died to my shield break.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Watch YouTube videos and streams to get ideas of how good characters are.

Xyless

Smash Master
So, I'm excited and nervous for my presentation today about Brawl Minus at our school's game conference. Hopefully at least one professional or scout will be there (not that I did anything amazing myself)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom