• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock βeta : M2K, MJG, Ally, Pierce7d, Teczero, Joker - STREAMS @ TOP OF OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
does this thing have like a set in concrete date yet? im gonna need to know quite a while ahead of time so i can get work off.

I'm also accepting MM's, so heres ur chance to win money people, i haven't played in like 6 months

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Gonna go in tomorrow most likely to try to change the date for a one day (considering that's what people seem to be liking most) instead.

Sorry for the slowness, was at the hospital and junk.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Haha I wouldn't mind losing money to your peach. I wouldn't mind taking it from your ganon either :3

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
lol iowa only being 2 hours 45 mins away from me is actually pretty cool.
<3

NEWS

Ok guys, the date is officially changed. July 2nd is the new date, 2 weeks away from Genesis (consider this a warmup). So far, I have it at a one day event.

Signups will be at 10:30 (or if you show up at 10 when we open, then as well) and we will be kicking it off at 11. The venue closes at 12. This is what it's looking like right now.

Also, I will be using the Unity Ruleset, but I'm probably not going to use the stages on that. We'll see.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Time to start abusing this folks and make people cry sorry but you do what you have to do.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
A) I'll be here
B) Anyone thinking about defiling my character in such a disgusting way as wasting time as a talentless grab releaser should expect not expect me to harbor much respect for them
C) I'll otherwise be very happy to play with everyone here and teach you anything you'd like to know =)

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Haha. So it's not banned. I honestly wanted to go. Now there's no way. Any Ness/Lucas main that shows up to this is really really brave.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't wanna hear any whining about this grab release crap, don't get grabbed, ban FD, use the platforms, etc. i still plan on busting out ness.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Or have a secondary people this is possibly going to be the common stagelist across the country so better how to deal with it.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
i don't wanna hear any whining about this grab release crap, don't get grabbed, ban FD, use the platforms, etc. i still plan on busting out ness.
Wouldnt call it wining. I've heard the "Don't Get Grabbed" theory a million times trust me. Others may not mind it, but I personally don't like the idea of my whole stock being removed from just a grab.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Wouldnt call it wining. I've heard the "Don't Get Grabbed" theory a million times trust me. Others may not mind it, but I personally don't like the idea of my whole stock being removed from just a grab.
You're obviously playing the wrong game then...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Haha. So it's not banned. I honestly wanted to go. Now there's no way. Any Ness/Lucas main that shows up to this is really really brave.
That's enough. The matchups aren't any worse with them legal. It's still awful.

And wow I must be super brave then because I'm HOSTING and implementing these rules. Please show Ness and Lucas some respect by believing in them and you.

I'm not going to make any exceptions. I'd love if you went. Sorry we can't see eye to eye.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yink, how are you going to enforce the coaching rule if a dispute is reported? I can already see it as a huge enforcement nightmare already. And I'd like to know the punishments upfront because it's left within TO discretion according to the Unity Rulesset.

That being said, I removed it from my tournament lol

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Give me some time Lux. I'll probably be tossing that as well. I need to update my OP rules.

Trent

Smash Champion
If someone starts coaching during the middle of a match, someone could go tell the TO. The TO can then go there and if it happens again, DQ or whatever.

If the TO is busy at the time, odds are the TO has helpers that could listen / watch for them.

If the coaching stops, you can't DQ really without proof, but the point of the rule is to LIMIT coaching. If there's a rule in place, it will happen less often.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
@ Trent - Imo, I am a supporter of coaching. However, if they decided to ban coaching out right, I wouldn't have issues with that either because I can see the merit of both sides.

The current rule however puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the TO. I don't want to have to kick someone for abusing a bad rule and have to deal with the outside factors of that.

Outright allowing coaching or disallowing coaching has to be the way to go

@Yink - You might want to hold off copying it to the OP. It sounds like they'll be updating a new list pretty soon in the next 5 days after reading the thread discussion on it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
A) I'll be here
B) Anyone thinking about defiling my character in such a disgusting way as wasting time as a talentless grab releaser should expect not expect me to harbor much respect for them
C) I'll otherwise be very happy to play with everyone here and teach you anything you'd like to know =)

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!
Dittos MM me <3
BECAUSE THE MIDWEST IS JUST OVERRUN WITH MARTH MAINS HUH!

This guy...
There will actually be a few Marths here. Akashi, Myself, and Pierce, at the least.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

I need to save up money for this! I'm flat broke right now! Raziek, we must play each other. I missed the opportunity at MLG Dallas...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yes, we must, Mr. Doom! (DON'T KILL ME)

I need to see how my Marth stacks up vs. your Ike. Nysyarc is good practice. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom