• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock βeta : M2K, MJG, Ally, Pierce7d, Teczero, Joker - STREAMS @ TOP OF OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuares

Pizza
^This is wrong in so many ways:
1. Planning an Air plane trip for someone else so they can get money from a tournament for themselves.
(though, I'd be amused at the thought of The King of the Mews stuck in Iowa if he didn't win)
2. Spending more money to house someone for a week.
(getting that food, paying those bills, doing dat laundry)
3. No one from Iowa is that serious about Smash to pay for that.​

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wouldnt call it wining. I've heard the "Don't Get Grabbed" theory a million times trust me. Others may not mind it, but I personally don't like the idea of my whole stock being removed from just a grab.
If you want, I'll just ask Yink to put you in my bracket. I don't grab release. It's lame and boring.

Pierce, how are you getting here? I'm interested in coming if I'm able to/there's a spot in a carpool.
I'm flying. Better grab that Smashball kid.

Dittos MM me <3

There will actually be a few Marths here. Akashi, Myself, and Pierce, at the least.
No. I tend to avoid money matching unless I'm trying to make a point. I don't do it for recreation, and certainly not as an excuse to play seriously. I always play seriously, unless it's someone who is blatantly awful. If they were to challenge me to a money match, I would just stop playing them altogether. If you want to play, we can play.

if someone pays my flight then im guaranteed

also the smash lessons thing will still apply here 100 a day or 300 a week
LOL! <3
If you're going to come, team with me.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hype for the Scientific Revolution MM to be played here:

The Grab Aerial Money Match

DeLux vs. rPSI
Lucas vs. Lucas

$20 Money Match
Official Smash Lab Abbreviation for "Grab Aerial" to be determined by winner

Conditions:
any stage is legal, no stage bans
players can only use jump and the "grab" input while in the air

We need a sudden death procedure if it continually goes to time and tied percents after like 2 tie breakers. Discuss

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No. I tend to avoid money matching unless I'm trying to make a point. I don't do it for recreation, and certainly not as an excuse to play seriously. I always play seriously, unless it's someone who is blatantly awful. If they were to challenge me to a money match, I would just stop playing them altogether. If you want to play, we can play.
Noted. I only asked as a MM because I know a lot of players don't play seriously unless there's something on the line. Friendlies are just fine with me. :bee:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Noted. I only asked as a MM because I know a lot of players don't play seriously unless there's something on the line. Friendlies are just fine with me. :bee:
I figured as much. While I know a lot players don't play seriously unless there's something to play on, I personally think that's disgusting. When I'm practicing with my sparring partners, we understand that although the game is meant to be fun, we're also playing to improve, and to be better than we were yesterday. To me, it's an insult if you're not going to put forth your best effort in a match. One man to another, you shouldn't hold back, or it's disrespectful.

That's not to say if we have the opportunity to play many, many matches in a row, I will never goof around. If I'm winning most of the matches, then I'll probably take a fun risk every once in a while to generate a cool moment, and keep the matches fun and hype. If I were completely dominating an opponent (consecutive 2 stock and 3 stock victories) then I would probably start just goofing around, or limiting myself in private by trying to win a match under a specific condition that I wouldn't reveal to my opponent, to add personal challenge.

But I would never just walk into a session with a player, and not give my best effort. The fact that other players do this disgusts me a lot, which is why I've had a no money match policy for quite a long time now. I've recently started money matching again, but only for a specific reason. If the reason is "You think you're better and you'd like to test in a set" fine. If the reason is "You might not necessarily even think you're better, but you want an opportunity to at least learn and play me under serious conditions" I'm not going to charge you for that bro -_-

Also, I play way better in friendlies than under any other circumstance.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I figured as much. While I know a lot players don't play seriously unless there's something to play on, I personally think that's disgusting. When I'm practicing with my sparring partners, we understand that although the game is meant to be fun, we're also playing to improve, and to be better than we were yesterday. To me, it's an insult if you're not going to put forth your best effort in a match. One man to another, you shouldn't hold back, or it's disrespectful.

That's not to say if we have the opportunity to play many, many matches in a row, I will never goof around. If I'm winning most of the matches, then I'll probably take a fun risk every once in a while to generate a cool moment, and keep the matches fun and hype. If I were completely dominating an opponent (consecutive 2 stock and 3 stock victories) then I would probably start just goofing around, or limiting myself in private by trying to win a match under a specific condition that I wouldn't reveal to my opponent, to add personal challenge.

But I would never just walk into a session with a player, and not give my best effort. The fact that other players do this disgusts me a lot, which is why I've had a no money match policy for quite a long time now. I've recently started money matching again, but only for a specific reason. If the reason is "You think you're better and you'd like to test in a set" fine. If the reason is "You might not necessarily even think you're better, but you want an opportunity to at least learn and play me under serious conditions" I'm not going to charge you for that bro -_-

Also, I play way better in friendlies than under any other circumstance.
I respect this mentality about friendlies good sir I would love to play you at Brainshock If you decide to show up to this and have a couple of sparing rounds with you:).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If the reason is "You think you're better and you'd like to test in a set" fine. If the reason is "You might not necessarily even think you're better, but you want an opportunity to at least learn and play me under serious conditions" I'm not going to charge you for that bro -_-
I like this guy.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can't beat Link
It's true, isn't it?

Yeah I'll be here, July 2nd is about when I'll want to quit being in summer school.

Yink, Mike Echo may attend, and he is maining Ness, and he's quite good, but hates the infinite crap. Who's a good CP for Ness against Marth/D3/other infinite holders?

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'm too scared to accept a Link mm against you
I know man, so stop trying to hide it with all this hate.

Also, echo should just play IC's, he obviously has the timing to be able to do the CG and he could learn it in no more than 15 minutes

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Trent says that MM secondaries doesn't count, and I don't wanna take your money with Wolf, so it wouldn't count for PR, but you're already #4 with a mediocre performance at Jokers/Auras, so why push your luck? I mean, you gotta beat D-Yosh otherwise he's still #4. Beating Smeesh was impressive, but he doesn't even play brawl as a joke anymore.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I don't care about the PR, I know how good I am. And if I don't do something impressive enough to make a PR, then its not like DarkYosh would magically be #4, he's not practiced enough and doesn't play a serious character, doesn't have MU experience, etc.

ALL I CARE ABOUT is that YOU know that your link isn't better than me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
But my Link is. You spam d-smash and you tornado when I have a bomb out. That's a bad idea. Those two things would help you beat me, so think about it.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Maybe yoshi would be taken seriously if people played him seriously. Nerd this game, ngamer, then i'll take my words back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom