• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
lol no. Inui is gonna ***** like hell frmo what i can tell lmao. dunno im still 50/50 chance on going to apex. have SATs following week and school after that too >_>. Unless sum1 wanna buy a room for me =]
By the time APEX comes around I'll have about 2 weeks of class left. xD lolcollege. You gotta go to these things to get your name on the map. EVERYONE is gonna be there. I think people from Hawaii are registered for it too. lol I know some TX people are gonna show too.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Ahhh... I see. So what CAN Mario do to avoid being juggled?
As far as the ftilt lock, Mario's UpB gets him out fairly easily but a Sheik player that knows this can treat it like Marth and prepare to shield an UpB, punishing afterward. It's really just figuring out what the player wants to accomplish with the lock. Overaggressive gets shutdown by UpB very easily and you should be able to start UpB after maybe 2 or 3 Ftilts.

When it comes to general aerials, Sheik has 2 and 3 frame aerials (Nair, Uair, Bair) as well as a stil quick Fair. I think, I know the frame data is on the Sheik boards lol.

Edit: A Sheik chasing Mario in the air can do a lot, I suppose Nair could trade with something but honestly I think it's doubtful. Try your best to get to the ground because fighting above Sheik is scary. Capeing, isn't exactly the best idea because Sheik's aerial hitboxes are big enough to still hit and on some aerials, her body is a hitbox. My advice, dodge, and maybe try to punish once she's above you. The only thing is that she can throw you off possibly with a rare Dair, but Dair is awful!

Famous

Smash Champion
lol, I'm teaming with a random person again...

EDIT] Me and Kadaj go Mario/Marth in local tournies.... BThrow to Spike

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
By the time APEX comes around I'll have about 2 weeks of class left. xD lolcollege. You gotta go to these things to get your name on the map. EVERYONE is gonna be there. I think people from Hawaii are registered for it too. lol I know some TX people are gonna show too.
lol well I'm not in college soon to be tho =[. im only 16 and school life ***** me hard time srsly lol >.>. but ill do everything in my power to show up to this thing. i doubt i'd even make out to pools unless i get lucky lol.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
lol well I'm not in college soon to be tho =[. im only 16 and school life ***** me hard time srsly lol >.>. but ill do everything in my power to show up to this thing. i doubt i'd even make out to pools unless i get lucky lol.
College is pretty easy since you get to make a schedule to your liking and you have time to manage yourself and stuff, it's why I can go to all of these things. xD

Pools aren't so bad. If I can make it out of pools you can too. :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
hey, my brother has a good lucas and i have major trouble hitting him with anything, unless ofcourse i predict his neutral air. i just need help to make a better approach and defense.....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Mindgaming is really one of the most important aspects of this matchup.

Both combo each other fairly well, and both have good range.

Can't really cape PK fire back at him if he spaces it well.

Both can gimp each other, though if the players are good, both will have trouble doing it.

Fireballs are great in this matchup. If he tries to absorb them, punish.

I'll throw this out because Tyr did this to me and I didn't know how to react to it properly:
If Lucas does ledge-hopped PK Thunder and sends it into the ground to cancel it and regrab the edge, caping the thunder will result in him dying, since he can't grab the edge while his thunder's out. Also, you could probably FLUDD him away furing that, but I don't know.

I believe a number of Lucas' attacks suffer from FIHL.

SJP OoS is great when being pressured by his aerials.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Boss, ok say you accidently let GW collect 3 fireballs, and he does oil panic, can you deflect it with the cape? Just curious.

boss8

Smash Hero
Boss why is your Mario so sexy?
my mario...works out at a local bally total fitness where i am his trainer....:laugh:
Boss, ok say you accidently let GW collect 3 fireballs, and he does oil panic, can you deflect it with the cape? Just curious.
no you cant avoid this by anymeans possiable O_O

if anything Expect the unexpected...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Not much you can really do against a spaced Oil Panic other than avoid it, however, you can try caping him if you happen to be close enough to.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
i can help. i main mr. game.
Here's something G&W's hate or atleast i hate it.

once a G&W is full, just go to town fireballing. Sometimes i don't fill my bucket if i have 2 just because, having the option to fill my bucket, slows down projectile spamming and once it is full the projectile spamming becomes even spammier. ( Only against a crazy *** pikachu tho) Plus they can't bucket cancel

Try and dsmash him real quick or something were he would need to bucket cancel and he might waste it.(i've done that.)

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I got my G&W'es bucket filled today by a Pit player and hey frickin reflected it with his fake *** wannabe a cape. If he can do it, then Mario can.. maybe.

marioBROPRO

Smash Cadet
Hey, I got a question :)

I'm very good with the cape (imo), I've been practicing for almost 3 months with it, using it on MOST char's. But, I have NEVER used flood to gimp, EVER. I really don't know how to flood, or what it means to FIHL, Can you shed some light on my issue? I'd like to know how to use flood agaisnt Ike, DDD, and Link (maybe MK)

Famous

Smash Champion
FIHL= FLUDD induced hit lag. This is when you flood right when your oppponent attacks...Sometimes Flood will lag your opponents attack when flood clashes with it...

Mario usually gimps peoples UpB with FLUDD...I've only gimped MK with FLUDD when MK used his DownB..

Sorry for the lazy post...somebody spot me on this one...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A good example would be Falco's phantasm. His side-b. If you FLUDD that, he'll be immobilized for a very short time. If you're close enough, you can cape him.

This really does work well on characters like Ness, Lucas, Fox, Falco, Link, and Bowser.

Also, you can FLUDD any opponent right off the edge. If Jigglypuff misses a rest, just push her off. Or cape her 3 times and fsmash.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
FLUDD can also push Ike and Kirby's Up-Bs back, causing them to fall to their doom (if they don't sweetspot the ledge)

I'm not entirely sure on Kirby's but I think it would work. It's pretty much just like Ike's :)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
A good example of FIHL is when you badly lag G&W's turtle with the FLUDD. Also, I've managed to pull off FIHL on a judgement 9; it literally freezes G&W for several seconds.

Top Bottom