• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss answers your mario questions(in style) UPDATED!!!! first PG

boss8

Smash Hero

Been maining mario for a while now......so u can ask me anything that u want to know to....

-get better
-matchups
-mindgames
-skillwise
-myself
-yourself
-combo's
-starting combo's
-grab combo's
-etc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FAN51jWDFm8&feature=channel_page<-----vid for help...

:NOTE: mario is amazing but alot of cocky people and scrubs will not take mario seriously there by proving them wrong you will have the power to put a stupid look on there face by comboing....and/or gimping them to death...

(you ask a stupid question....you get a stupid answer)

mario for top tier XD

so ask away....

ASSISTANT HELPERS!!!

BO X7
Monk
SmashMatt07
Famus

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
-The FAir. The only way I ever tend to land this attack is to jump+FAir into an opponent recovering high. Are there any other tricks or angles where this move can be setup, on or off stage?

-With every game, Mario's head appears to be gradually getting bigger while his body is gradually getting smaller. Do you think this trend will continue, or are we headed for a recession where he might regain more realistic cartoon proportions in effort to recapture an ever maturing gamer audience?

Veggi

Smash Champion
Boss, who do you think is the best at gimping, Mario or Meta Knight? I know it's Mario, MK is just too slow and doesn't have enough options.

Also, I tried doing cape to foot-stool earlier and it seemed pretty cool, but I'm not sure how reliable that would be.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
- When are the best times to use fireballs? And from how high should they be fired?

- When someone right behind you just used a smash attack/any random attack with lag behind it, how should you best punish it? I've mainly used short-hopped B-Airs, but lately it seems too slow and the enemy can shield in time. Is there a faster/better option?

Thanks. ^_^

Matt07

Smash Master
Rofl at the tea picture, too good.

2 questions for you.

Have you ever thought of dropping Mario? If so, what kept you 'motivated' to keep trying with him?

Thanks in advance :).

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Boss what's the best way to fight Fox and Falco? Their quick attacks, lasers and the latter's chain-grab always get the better of me.

My Win-Loss record vs them 2 combined is very poor.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ask real questions people -_-

You're wasting time for people who really have things to ask Boss.

boss8

Smash Hero
-The FAir. The only way I ever tend to land this attack is to jump+FAir into an opponent recovering high. Are there any other tricks or angles where this move can be setup, on or off stage?

-With every game, Mario's head appears to be gradually getting bigger while his body is gradually getting smaller. Do you think this trend will continue, or are we headed for a recession where he might regain more realistic cartoon proportions in effort to recapture an ever maturing gamer audience?
mario's head will remain the same in size....due to the simple fact that his ego will gradually go down by destroying and comboing the same people over and over again....

Boss, who do you think is the best at gimping, Mario or Meta Knight? I know it's Mario, MK is just too slow and doesn't have enough options.

Also, I tried doing cape to foot-stool earlier and it seemed pretty cool, but I'm not sure how reliable that would be.
against MK your talkin the best way to gimp him is to be patient for his recovery.....you can cape his up-B.......or u can run out and Bair him till he is forced to use all his jumps...giving him no option but to use one of his B speacials....and hell...you got a cape...fludd and fireballs....think and be creative....

- When are the best times to use fireballs? And from how high should they be fired?

- When someone right behind you just used a smash attack/any random attack with lag behind it, how should you best punish it? I've mainly used short-hopped B-Airs, but lately it seems too slow and the enemy can shield in time. Is there a faster/better option?

Thanks. ^_^
yes there is my good sir......and its called pivot grab...or u can stutter step fsmash..putting you out of range for them to do anything.....

Boss, how do you make such epic combos?
normally when im not playing.....i will have an idea in my head.....(most likely he will airdodge....he will rolll....etc) i keep that on my mind and counter pick battlefield.....normally a combo is created by nothing but a simple...dthrow..utilt.....jab combo....or bair.....

Rofl at the tea picture, too good.

2 questions for you.

Have you ever thought of dropping Mario? If so, what kept you 'motivated' to keep trying with him?

Thanks in advance :).
dude mario is to amazing and is to fun to play....i cant drop him...not after all we've been through (beating azen....caping m2king......and all these edge gimps......its amazing to see mario in action and thinking of new combos out of nothing is like finding a 20 dollar bill on the ground.....makes me happy....

is the best method of edgeguarding mk fireball spam to kill his double jumps then caping his recovery?
read above post my good sir..... -_^b

Boss, how often do you use FIHL?
im sooooooooo sry man but i would answer if i new what FIHL wuz.....:(

Boss what's the best way to fight Fox and Falco? Their quick attacks, lasers and the latter's chain-grab always get the better of me.

My Win-Loss record vs them 2 combined is very poor.
fox-one of the easiest......fox can be annoying with lasers....and sh nairs......best approach is utilt...utilt...utilt....utilt..pivot grab(watch for air dodging) Dthrow.....etc.....easy percentage....but fox cant kill you with lasers and u can easily gimp him(which is why he lasers) for the most part try to stay on fox as much as possiable....dont give him any breathing room.....and save your smash attack power....and go for tilts...jabs...and aerials...

falco-its the same as fox.....after falco gets you to the chaingrab % limit he really cant do anything but spam lasers and hope he gets a smash attack on you.......refer to fox as of what to do....

Boss, why do you own so hard?
well it all started when i find smash bro's 64.....i wuz a yoshi main....then im like..wait a min....how good is mario i mean...he did start a worldwide phonemenom in nintendo...so i picked him up....the reson i own so hard is cause i get training...from top ranked pros......and i think of new combos in my head as i play my opponent...

How do you fight a snake? and how do you feel about Burger King now Opening Late.
ok first of all...burgerking opening late.....IS AMAZING O_o

to fight snake...most likely he will walk up to you and grenade shield...or go for a Ftilt....normally i would grab....dthrow....pivot grab again...dthrow....SHbair....reverse utilt....dair......dont be afraid to read your opponets airdodges......i normally focus on keeping snake in the air....watch out for his Bair thoughcause he could surprise you with it after you dthrow him.....

more questions anyone?? this is to fun!!!

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Now this is a thread.

Who are your countrpick characters, and why?

What are some good methods of attacks or approaches to use for feeling out your opponet. To give you some slight insight on predicting something he may do? Or things to keep a keenful eye out for?

What are some nice follow up mindgames to use after throws & Jabs?

boss8

Smash Hero
Now this is a thread.

Who are your countrpick characters, and why?

What are some good methods of attacks or approaches to use for feeling out your opponet. To give you some slight insight on predicting something he may do? Or things to keep a keenful eye out for?

What are some nice follow up mindgames to use after throws & Jabs?
My counter pick characters would be luigi and GaW...due to the simple fact of DDD infinting both mario bro's.......and luigi for snake....easy combo ability...and easier kill options...

2.normaly i would dthrow them and stand there to see what they would do next...i keep that in my head...then i do it again second stock....then im like ok he may reapete the same thing to throw me off guard or he will change it up....but most likely they will hafe to change it up because once mario has them in the position he wants there screwed.....

3.one mindgame i told u wuz to grab dthrow...and stand still...your opponent will be like...WTF????...another would be to jab and walk away....lol its so classic...one more would be to run pass them and do nothing.....or run up and spotdodge....dont be afraid to get creative bro......approach with fireballs.....

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Lmao @ #3. That's Boss material there.

I was thinking of picking up Snake. Snake & Mario. Only other character that seems creatively fun to play as to me.

boss8

Smash Hero

Mario Tornado

Smash Rookie
Assuming you use the GC controller, do you have a specific control style, like assigning special moves to the c stick or stuff like that?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
spotdodge u can easly utilt....hold up to get out of the dsmash.....

video for help..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjGdi7BmIcI<-------rob
Thanks Boss, from the looks of it I just have to play super defensive. I tend to get a bit over aggressive and that's my problem agaisnt R.O.B. I'll have to practice DIing out of his Dsmash and attacking out of shield with aerials too. Thanks again, Boss.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
Lol from reading Boss's answers it's mostly creativity is what Boss make's him like a rapist =D. Boss = creative, must keep that in mind...
playing a competitive game creatively is something I always love to see players do :D
also boss likes.... these.... a lot....
I don't have... a question....

boss8

Smash Hero
Heres a good question, i guess alot of you forgot?
well anyway boss, when is Mr. Nintendo going to be finished?
i've been really looking foward to it.
im leaning towards january.....

Assuming you use the GC controller, do you have a specific control style, like assigning special moves to the c stick or stuff like that?
na bro besides tap jump off....

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
What character played by someone around your skill level makes you have to really stratagize the most on how to beat it?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
im sooooooooo sry man but i would answer if i new what FIHL wuz.....:(
FIHL stands for FLUDD Induced Hit Lag, it's that new FLUDD AT we've been talking about for a while; it really helps against Luigi, G&W, and Marth.

boss8

Smash Hero
5 hardest people youve played.

-dory

ugh still cant log into my account hahah
1st-azen
2nd-m2king
3rd-azen
4th-atomsk
5th-Neo

What character played by someone around your skill level makes you have to really stratagize the most on how to beat it?
my friend korn...and his dedede cause we know each others moves and we go back and fourth.....

FIHL stands for FLUDD Induced Hit Lag, it's that new FLUDD AT we've been talking about for a while; it really helps against Luigi, G&W, and Marth.
i use it vs peach....GaW......ROB....

Top Bottom